ODE TO THE MURDERED, bonten

By wreighe

โ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌโ–ฌI AM NOTHING WITHIN MY SOUL IF NOT OBSESSIVE. ๐ˆ๐ ๐–๐‡๐ˆ๐‚๐‡ classy and untouchable Bonten... More

ODE TO THE MURDERED
00
01
02
03
04
05
06
07
08
09
10
11
11.5
12
13
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
30.5
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48

14

7.4K 377 26
By wreighe

PART FOURTEEN !
a wild car chase.

            IT'S BEEN A LITTLE OVER TWO WEEKS since Kakucho visited you in your apartment, two weeks since he'd come and rekindled the old friendship between you two, and the days had been rather sluggish. Tokyo city is cold again tonight, your feet exiting the building of the art museum just as soon as your watch hits 7:30pm.

    you let a puff of mist leave between your parted lips, pulling out your phone as you scrolled through your messages. Kakucho had contacted you and said that he would be visiting you after three days. you guessed that it was because of his work, though he never pressed on or added why which left your burning curiosity to wither bitterly on the sidelines of your membrane.

    when it comes to Bonten, Kakucho is adamant in keeping you in the dark with most of its dangerous work. maybe it's to separate you from the danger or maybe an unspoken rule to never speak in details of the organization to others aside from certain members and executives. you shrug at the thought and pocketed your phone, feet tapping along the cold ground back to your apartment.

    but what you aren't aware of until a few more minutes of your walk was the appearance of dark silhouettes following you from behind.

    you didn't feel it at first, a little bit distracted with your own thoughts and about your next artwork compromise with your art dealer until you felt a heavy presence oozing behind your back, it never left even after turning directions a few times. your steps falter, the hairs on the back of your neck standing as cold sweat bead your forehead. is someone after me? a whisper spoke through your spinning head, your pace becoming a little faster, your eyes fleeting towards the road ahead of you, swallowing the bile in your throat.

    going back to your apartment now wouldn't be the right choice.

  after thinking hard, you decided to part from the sidewalk you're walking. you take the risk to peer over your shoulder and just as expected, someone was following you.

    "shit." you cursed, turning your head back as you pulled out your phone. your fingers clumsily scroll through your contacts. you flinched however when you heard a distant rev billowing through the quiet streets, making not only you but the silhouettes as well flinch in surprise. headlights were turned on as it poured brightly making you squint your eyes.

    a BMW car treks to a stop beside you and your eyes widen when the door to the passenger seat opened, revealing familiar purple eyes that stab the windows of your soul. "inside, now."

    "glasses?" Rindou's nickname slips down your lips, your widened eyes lock with his lazy purples. you wouldn't have recognized him now with his mauve-dyed mullet locks if it wasn't for that familiar and nostalgic droopy look that he had resting on you.

    "hey, get in." the window to the driver's seat rolls down slightly, peaking through the dark glass were narrowed turquoise eyes of the pink-haired man you've met a couple of times before. your situation immediately dawns on you. you hastily approach the expensive car, eyes snapping towards the shadowy figures that stood a few feet from you and the vehicle.

    another roar in the distance makes your heart plummet sickeningly, a few distance away a mysterious car is speeding down the street, and it looked like it was gonna hit the back of the BMW head first.

    Rindou leans forward quickly, hands circling your wrist and pulling you impatiently within the car, you stumble into the plush seats and you are engulfed by his opulent woody ambrosial. you barely felt the car steering sharply and just missing the speeding car by a hair's breadth, the squeal of tires grating your ears.

    the younger Haitani quickly slams the door shut, pulling away from you to yell at the two people who were in the front—and surprisingly you weren't aware that Rindou's brother was in the car as well, seated on the passenger seat crossed legged beside the pink.

    "drive now Sanzu!" Sanzu hums and he pushes the brakes down, stomping hard on the accelerator which leaves not only you but Rindou too to lurch back into the seats as the BMW jolts into a squealing go, leaving angry marks along the ground as it speeds down the road ahead.

    "you fucker!" Rindou curses as he motions for you to place seatbelts. you followed on quickly, the images on the windows becoming nothing more than watercolor blurs melting and meshing. Sanzu's impressive yet wild driving skills dip your mind into a whirlwind.

    "you said to drive, didn't you?" Sanzu mocks, lifting his right hand from the steering wheel to fix the rear-view mirror, Ran catches on how the pink clicks his tongue.

    "how many are tailing us?"

    "only three, but i cannot tell how many are inside the car." Ran hums in acknowledgement, patting a hand on Sanzu's shoulder as his purple gaze reflect the night's highways and the crowds of vehicle lights on the roads.

    "turn right." he instructs and the pink follows, the car leaves the long road in which you were on just a few minutes ago / momentarily blinded by Tokyo's luminescent lights as Sanzu drives into the main highways where the neon wonderland of metropolitan buildings daunts through the grey streets. Sanzu Haruchiyo, the ever chaotic embodiment in Bonten, whenever he takes the steering wheel there is no such things as red lights or stopping in traffic jams. he makes his own laws whenever he's driving and there's no stopping for the pink when he breezes past traffic like it was nothing.

    "good evening, y/n sweetheart." Ran chirps as he cranes his head towards your direction, giving you a closed-eye smile. Rindou who was at the seats with you gives his brother a repulsed look, crossing his arms and leaning back further into the plush upholstery.

    "i hope you forgive us for kidnapping you like this."

    you replied "no, it's fine thank you for helping me out." a little bit distracted as you swallowed nervously, eyes lingering on the window.

    the car is indulged in silence for a brief moment, only the soft bristles of the BMW's air conditioning, and sometimes Sanzu's unpredictable veers filling the empty expanse.

    "you know why they are after you?" you turn your gaze back to Rindou who asked the question beside you. you stiffened a little, your mind racks for a reason, but deep down you already know why you are being followed and you probably know who those people were, but in front of the three men who belonged to a criminal organization—you are practically cornered, like a prey to a pack of starving wolves. you decided to shake your head, obliviously.

    Ran sees your response through the rear view mirror and his sweet expression on you quickly shifts to icy suspicion, your heart plummets on how his purple eyes dip into your own though it is reflected through the car mirror. it's like he could see the lie you were curtaining and sweetening right in front of them. after all, Ran Haitani had always been annoyingly observant.

    your intense stare down stops when Sanzu speaks, "they are probably Quoia men." then a curse follows after his statement, leaving his raspberry lips in bitter macabre, swiveling the car sharply as it almost crashes into another innocent vehicle and despite wearing seatbelts, your body still leaned towards the motion of the drive, making you purse your lips. 

    "fuck, they are gaining on us quickly. i cannot lose them in the traffic."

    "looks like we have no choice." Rindou straightens himself, you look at him with puzzled eyes whilst the two other men in the front seats had a knowing look in their eyes.

    Sanzu hisses, "we were just supposed to order take outs for the boss, and now here we are getting ourselves in unnecessary dirt with our enemy." he then continues after wetting his lips. "let's take them out at one of the abandoned underground parking lot near the bay." Sanzu finalizes as he sets the car speed and flexes his knuckles, finally having a clear destination instead of fleeting through the entire city of Tokyo recklessly.

    somehow, deep down you knew what they were referring to, your body growing cold as a sweat bid rolled down your forehead. you clutched the seatbelt tightly as Ran turns his head and asks,

    "do you have a weapon in the trunk, Rin?"

    to which his brother responded. "there's only a dirty black steel pipe in the trunk, remember Mocchi is responsible for cleaning up all the weapons for this week."

    "oh, great."

    "how about you, Sanzu?" Ran ignores the pink's retort, hands opening the glove compartment in front of him.

    "i have my katana—" Sanzu stops when he sees Ran rummage a little before pulling out a weapon that gleamed under the pure moonlight. "is that a gun?"

    Ran hums. "a revolver."

    "how many bullets?"

    "three." Sanzu shakes his head. "good enough, we are almost at the bay." he announces just as soon as Tokyo's looming buildings dwindle and a moonlit ocean view peered at the distance under the Marlboro evening.

    "Rinnie." Rindou hums at his brother's soft call, watching meticulously as Ran passes a fairbairn sykes knife to him that he found in the glove box along with the gun. the destination was close and you would've gazed at the lovely Tokyo bay scene before you in awe if it wasn't for a loud pop resounding painfully at your side of the car, a gunshot that poked through the window, marking a broken bullet web to dent the black screen.

    you immediately felt Rindou reaching out to you, placing his warm hand on your head and pulling you farther away from your window side.

    the mauve-haired holding you close chuckles bitterly, his warm breath tickling the side of your face as he whispers a hush on the shell of your ears.

    "you're lucky i installed bulletproof glass in my car." he starts "if not that bullet would've poked into your skull and you would've made a huge mess in my seats, so consider the two of us lucky."

    "you're sick." you hiss, pushing away from his grasp but your body inclined more to his side, aware of more bullets that might dent your side of the window, you decided not to take the risk.

    "shit." Sanzu curses, turning his head to see that one of the cars had immediately caught up, picking up the same speed as Rindou's BMW. his minty eyes narrow nefariously as the car that drove toe-to-toe with him had one of their windows rolled down, the familiar reflection of a gun barrel steadied towards where you were situated which immediately catches Sanzu's attention.

    the way these strange cars had been chasing them, it's as if they were just after you, and you alone.

    "that's it, i'm ramming them—" your eyes widened at Sanzu's sudden remark, seeing how his knuckles turned white from gripping the wheel too hard.

    "you what—"

    "you motherfucker let me remind you whose car you're driving right now?!" Rindou cuts you off with his piercing exclaim, but unfortunately for the mauve-haired man, Sanzu didn't like him nor did he care about his expensive car.

    just as soon as one of the burly man pulls the trigger of the next gunshot, this time with a clear aim to your head on the slightly broken car window, Sanzu unexpectedly veers the car towards the direction of the black vehicle, hurling and slamming against its frame which made the man stumble the weapon from his grasps, wincing and crying out from the pain. then, the pink turns the wheel away and sunders the car from the road as he drives towards an abandoned building in the near distance.

    you pressed your lips together, head a little dizzy from the unexpected curves the car had been going but despite your blurry mind you can clearly hear Rindou's angry mumble from beside you.

    "i fucking swear if i see so much as a goddamn dent in my car after this is over, you owe me a new one you crazy scumbag."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

37.3K 1.1K 25
This is after everything happened so when mikey made bonten and sanzu would go with mikey anywhere to make sure he's safe but one day bonten gets a n...
197K 10.6K 32
"you are everything i wanted, everything i needed, and everything i didn't deserve. yet you chose to stay with me." sanzu haruchiyo x female reader |...
265K 9.2K 23
Where a strong girl with an insane obsession with sarcasm Meets bonten. Driving them crazy to the point where they question their own existance *bl...
190K 4.7K 39
Asset or nuisance? Bonten is on a look out for a new member and stumbles across your path. What happens next? HEAVY TOPICS! Spelling errors too, I d...