Dangerous Love (Volturi Kings...

بواسطة Amera_Goldspin

Madeline Swan's life was average. Friends, High-school, and the typical party here and there. But when her co... المزيد

The Beginning
Vampire Rollercoaster
Hidden Truths
Reunited
Sushi Night
The Gaurd
Late Nights
Partners in Crime
Mission Completed
A Regular Monday
Alec Knows Best
Coffee in Seattle
The Meeting
Blue
First Date
Nature Walk
Confrontation
Apologies
Tendencies
Arrangement
My Treasure
Red Skies and Black Mountains
Remembrance
Sisterly Bonds
Loose Ties
A Thousand Stars
Homer's Star Brad Pitt
Attachment
Countdown
Leech
Chocolate Chip Cookies
The Woods
Angel
Pain
Divulgence
Heading Nowhere
Wager
Dangerous Deceptions

Vampire on Ice

5.4K 171 6
بواسطة Amera_Goldspin

Madeline Pov

"No."

The idea of bringing Aro to a familiar public space is not what I needed. I can only imagine the stares I would receive and not to mention the gossip.

"Did you not say you were a skater?"

I stared at Aro; he wasn't going to back down on this ridiculous idea.

"I am but-"

"Excellent, I rented out the arena for us," swiftly cutting me off.

"The Forks Activity Rink?" Shoving down the uneasiness in my chest.

" Precisely, now drive."

Aro wasn't lying. He really did rent out the place. I start to picture the owners jumping up and down with the money he probably gave them.

The arena wasn't anything big nor fancy. Instead, it was a squarish building that wasn't shy about showing its age. The building was covered in a pale dirty yellow exterior. Each time you walked in, you got a big weft of shoe sanitizing spray; it was my second home.

"I have been skating here all my life, and I have never seen it this empty."

Even with late-night practice, there was always someone in the building. So I found it hard to believe that the owner would simply shut the area down on short notice.

"Are you sure it's empty?" Again, believing no one would simply mind their business.

"Not a human insight— and cameras are covered," Sticking his index finger at me.

"What if you missed one?"

Aro stops walking and says," It would be regrettable."

I decided to leave the conversation at that. I prefer to stay in the dark than shed light on Aro's words.

A smirk started to form on my face, "I didn't pick you to be a skater."

He chuckled a bit " I have been on this Earth for many years and hadn't found a reason to."

No one was here, just Aro and me. Yet I couldn't help but have anxiety bubble up into my chest. I prefer a room full of strangers watching me practice than being under Aro's gaze. But, I wanted to impress him—show him what skating meant to me.

" How often do you practice?"

" I used to practice four times a week. But I haven't been since months now," I subconsciously look behind my shoulders in fear of my wrathful coach hidden in the shadows.

" What caused you to stop?"

"Why ask me questions if you know already" snapping back.

The corners of Aro's mouth twitched upwards. It seemed like he enjoyed knowing he pissed me off. Like it was a game to play.

Silence filled the room. The only sound I could pick up was me pulling harshly against the laces of my skates.

"What is your game?" I let out harshly.

"Game?" Aro's face held an amused expression on his face.

"I know your gift, Aro. You invaded my privacy and didn't even apologize."

The recurring silence arrived again. I wasn't going to listen to Aro's poor response. So instead, I quickly placed myself on the undisturbed rink.

" I just wanted to learn about you."

I lightly scoff at his excuse. Aro made it sound like everything he did was with pure intentions. That taking advantage of his power was completely fine. His actions infuriated me immensely.

I stayed silent.

What was I going to say? Would he even care? Why couldn't he just apologize?

It wasn't often I could freestyle on the rink free of eyes. I fully intended to take advantage of it. But, unfortunately, this date with Aro was garbage, so what better way to fix it was to have a date with myself.

Picking up the speed, I slowly started to pay attention to the smooth ice becoming scratched from my skates. I willed myself to do slight hops testing out my balance.

My small hops soon transition into intricate moves. But soon, my only thought was how my body would move next.

My train of thought abruptly crashed from the invasion of Aro's voice.

" What can I do to make you feel better" his voice voided with emotions.

He was standing near the bleachers. His body language seemed stiffer. Less regal or relaxed. He was trying to get on my good side again.

" Skate with me," I say while my skates glide across the ice.

" No."

I let out a sigh while I finished a spin. "Is the king of vampires afraid to fall?"

"It would be irresponsible."

" Hmm, I bet Marcus would skate with me," I tell him in a teasing voice. Part of me knew Marcus wouldn't mind crashing my date with Aro.

Aro remained silent.

For extra measure, I wrapped my arms around myself and sighed. "I bet Marcus would hold me and probably wouldn't fall on his—

"I wouldn't be quick to say such words," a voice reaches my ear harshly.

Strong hands held my hips firmly, preventing me from falling.

" Will you skate with me then?" I ask, silently praying that my heart wouldn't burst from my chest.

"Your so bold commanding me around."

His voice was deeper—richer than it initially was when I first met him. There wasn't an unnerving facade to it.

"I never commanded you to do anything." I lifted my head to stare into his deep-wine colored eyes.

"Yet here you are getting your way," He mutters.

My chest swelled with warmth while my face became warm. Aro made it sound like I had power over him.

Think Madi, say something. But, regretfully, I can't find any remarks to come up with.

" A size 10 would do." He speaks out.

I glided back, flustered at the closeness. "It will be at the front." Giving a hint, I wouldn't be personally showing him.

Aro does a slight nod and seems to vanish in thin air. I need to take this time to level out my hormones. I was still mad at him, but maybe if he fell on his ass, it could make me feel better. Of course, it didn't help that I was attracted to Aro. He pulled me in with eyes and his sharp features.

Aro came back with his skate nice and tied, standing near the entrance. His demeanor seemed determined. He awkwardly placed his skates on the ice and did a short glide toward me.

I felt a bubble of laughter fill my chest. He looked awful. I never thought I would see someone look so stiff. In a way, I think I would rather have him sit back down than skate to me like this. But, the closer he got, the more I realized he wasn't skating; he was doing mini stomps.

" Aro, you are supposed to glide," biting the inside of my cheek, preventing a laugh from escaping my mouth.

" I am doing just that, amore."

—CRACK

I hear a loud crack with a stuck Aro. His skate was lodged into the thick ice.

All my willpower could not overcome the wave of laughter coming out. So here, a vampire designed to be better than any qualities a human can harbor isn't able to skate.

I skated towards him and reached for his hand. I wanted to let him know that I hated his gift, but I knew there wasn't a realistic way around it. I had to come to terms with it, but I still expected privacy.

"If you tell any of my secrets, I will find a way to bring you pain," giving him a stern look.

"Whatever you see or feel is between us. I promise." Aro tells me, bringing my hand towards his lips.

"If you don't want to be touched, I won't. Although I'll see it eventually."

"I can't tell if that was supposed to make me feel better," furrowing my eyebrows.

"Madeline, I understand you are afraid and intimidated by me. Not many understand me. I forget how fragile a bond can be. Even with my gift, it's still hard for me to understand you." As he gave my hand a slight squeeze.

"Aro, having my privacy being disregarded makes me feel small." Looking at the cracked ice.

I prefer not to look at Aro right now. I thought it would be more challenging to share my thoughts mentally, but saying them felt more brutal.

Aro's thumb begins to trace small circles on the back of my hand. Then, with his other hand, he places it on my hip.

"I underestimated the effect you have on me, Madi." Aro whispers.

"What do you mean by that?" Curiosity filling me.

He slides his arms around my waist.

"Let me just be your skating partner, no one else." Disregarding my question.

I feel a smile form on my face. "You'd have to be able to skate first."

" Mia cara , che può essere organizzato."

واصل القراءة

ستعجبك أيضاً

142K 2.5K 23
Born months before WW1 Alexis had a hard life since her mother died giving birth to her leaving her to be raised by her father. When she was 16 she a...
504K 13.4K 51
Eli lived a pretty normal life, that was until she discovered the existence of vampires. Now she has to face her own demons, and come to terms with h...
92.1K 3.3K 23
After accepting her new life in Italy, Althea must come to terms with the fact that her human life is almost over. Being the Queen of the vampire rac...
74.5K 1.3K 49
𝙈𝙖𝙙𝙞𝙡𝙮𝙣 𝘾𝙤𝙡𝙡𝙞𝙣𝙨, 𝙗𝙤𝙧𝙣 𝙅𝙪𝙣𝙚 17.1549. She had a hard life but she survived everything that had happened, but when she gets a pho...