The Prince's Brother

By DisasterChild20

Silas Pendragon, Arthur Pendragon's 14 year old brother. More

The Dragon's Call
Valiant
The Mark Of Nimueh
The Poisoned Chalice
Lancelot
A Remedy to Cure All Ills
The Gates of Avalon
The Beginning of the End
Excalibur
The Labyrinth of Gedref
To Kill the King
Le Morte d'Arthur
The Curse of Cornelius Sigan
The Once and Future Queen
The Nightmare Begins
Lancelot and Guinevere
Beauty and the Beast Part One
Beauty and the Beast Part Two
The Witchfinder
The Sins of the Father
The Lady of the Lake

The Moment of Truth

495 9 5
By DisasterChild20

Silas stands with Morgana as Hunith, Merlin's mother, petitions Uther "The winters are harsh in Ealdor, and there are many children. Some of them just won't be strong enough to survive. We barely have enough food as it is, and if Kanen takes our harvest, our children won't live to see another summer. Please, we need your help." she pleads. "Ealdor's in Cenred's kingdom. Your safety is his responsibility." Uther responds. "We've appealed to our King, but he cares little for the outlying regions. You're our only hope." Hunith explains. "I have the deepest sympathy for you and would have this barbarian wiped off the face of the earth." Uther tells her. "You'll help us?" Hunith asks in hope. "I wish I could." Uther responds. "Surely we can spare a few men?" Arthur asks. "Resources are not the problem." Uther tells him. "Then what is?" Morgana asks. "Ealdor lies beyond the Ridge of Essetir. For an army of Camelot to enter it would be an act of war." Uther explains. Hunith drops to her knees "I know you're a good king, a caring man. I'm begging you, help us, please." she pleads. "The accord we've struck with Cenred was years in the making. I cannot risk hundreds of lives for the sake of one village. I'm afraid Camelot cannot help." Uther tells her. Morgana and Silas glare at Uther before helping Hunith up and leading her out "I'm sorry my Father is not helping you and your village." Silas tells her. "Thank you my Lord, I'm thankful that I got an audience at all." Hunith smiles. "Merlin isn't just Arthur and I's manservant, he's also a friend." Silas responds. "To both of us." Morgana adds making Hunith smile even more.

Later that morning Silas goes up to the battlements and stands with Arthur as they look over the city, soon after Merlin joins them "I'm sorry. If it were up to either of us, we'd be on our way there now." Arthur tells him. "You tried. And thank you for getting an audience with the King." Merlin responds. "I wish that Camelot was able to help people regardless of how far away they lived." Silas sighs. "I'm going back to Ealdor." Merlin pipes up. "Of course." Arthur nods. "It's been an honour serving you both." Merlin tells them. "You'll be coming back." Silas says looking at him. "Well, she's my mother. I have got to look after her before anyone else. You understand?" Merlin asks. "I'd do exactly the same." Silas assures him looking down slightly. "As would I. Well, you've been terrible. Really, I mean it. The worst servant I've ever had." Arthur smiles. "Thank you, Sire." Merlin smiles before turning to leave. "Merlin." Silas calls making him stop "Good luck." he tells him making Merlin nod.

That evening Silas sneaks to Arthur's chambers to find him in his armour aswell "Wait, you're going after Merlin too?" he asks. "Of course, the village needs help." Arthur nods. Silas nods "Let's go." he tells his brother. "Woah, you're not coming." Arthur tells him. "So while you and Morgana are gone, for who knows how long, I'm going to be here on my own with Father?" Silas asks. "Fine, come on." Arthur sighs, leading his younger brother out of his chambers. The two of them head down to the stables and saddle up a horse each, Silas picking out his favourite horse Clover. They lead the horses out quietly before jumping on and riding into the woods, in the same direction Merlin, Hunith, Gwen and Morgana went earlier that day.

Silas and Arthur catch up with them and find everyone asleep except Merlin who obviously heard their horses. Merlin wanders the trees nearby with his sword held up, Arthur motions for Silas to be quiet before sneaking up on Merlin and pointing his sword against his back "We'd ask you for money, but we know you don't have any." he tells their friend and servant. "Arthur!" Merlin exclaim swing round and making the brothers duck as the sword swings near their heads. "Put the sword down, Merlin. You look ridiculous." Arthur tells him taking the sword off him and leading Marlin and Silas back to camp. They sit down and Merlin starts the fire again "How much further is it?" Silas asks. "Er, maybe a few hours." Merlin responds. "How many men does Kanen have?" Arthur asks. "Erm, I'm not sure. I think, from what my mother said, maybe as many as forty." Merlin tells them. "You should get some rest. It's going to be a long day tomorrow." Arthur says. "Thank you. Erm, I know you didn't have to come. Either of you." Merlin tells them. "Get some sleep." Arthur responds. Silas shakes his head "You're our friend Merlin, of course we were going to help." he tells him.

The next morning Silas wakes up to Morgana throwing a blanket at him "Hey!" he whines. Morgana sits next to him "What are you doing here? You know Uther is going to be mad when we get back!" she whisper shouts. "I'd rather be here helping a friend then back in Camelot with Father alone." Silas responds quietly. Arthur walks over "I already tried to make him stay but he has a point. If he was back in Camelot he'd be alone, neither of us there with him." he tells Morgana quietly. Morgana bites her lip "Alright, but we need a plan for when we get back." she tells them. "We'll think of one." Arthur assures her. Just then Merlin walks over holding three small rolls of bread "Here, it's all we've got til we reach Ealdor." he tells them. "Thank you Merlin." Silas thanks taking one. "Come on, we better head off." Arthur says putting his pack on his horse. Everyone does the same, Silas goes over to Hunith "Here let me help you." he smiles, seeing her struggle. "Thank you my Lord." Hunith responds as he gives her a boost up. "It's no problem and please, call me Silas." the teen smiles heading over to his own horse and mounting it. Merlin goes up front with Arthur as he leads everyone towards his village, Silas stays beside Morgana smiling as the talk.

As they arrive in the village they find Kanen there with his bandits, Arthur grabs his sword and throws it into the post behind Kanen. Silas dismounts and grabs his sword before starting to fight the bandits "Kill them!" Kanen tells his men. Glaring Silas runs over and helps a dark haired girl the same age as him, slashing the back of the bandit's leg and making him fall. He goes over to the girl and helps her up "Are you alright?" he asks her. "Yes, thank you." she smiles. "Stay here til they leave." Silas tells her making her nod as he runs over and helps Arthur with a group of bandits. Kanen mounts his horse "You'll pay for this with your lives! All of you!" he shouts before he and his bandits retreat. Silas and Arthur go over to Merlin who is talking to a dark haired man the same age as him "Merlin! Gather the villagers, I need to talk to them." Arthur tells him. "Yeah, in a minute. I'm just talking..." Merlin starts. "Now, Merlin. There isn't much time." Arthur cuts him off. "Yes, Sire." Merlin nods.

Silas stands with Arthur in front of all the villagers "I know Kanen's kind. He'll be back. And when he is, you must be ready for him. First of all, we have to prepare for..." Arthur starts. "Am I the only one wondering who the hell these two are?" the man who was talking to Merlin asks from next to the girl Silas saved. "I'm Prince Arthur of Camelot. This is my brother Silas." Arthur tells him. "Yeah, and, er, I'm Prince William of Ealdor. This is my sister Annalise." Will responds. "Keep quiet. They're here to help us." Hunith tells Will. "But he's made things worse. Kanen will be back, and when he is, he'll be looking for revenge. You've just signed our death warrants." Will says. "He saved Matthew's life!" Hunith exclaims. "That's alright, Hunith. This is his village. What would you have us do?" Arthur asks Will. "We can't fight against Kanen. He has too many men." Will comments. "So what's the alternative?" Silas asks. "Give him what he wants." Will responds making the villagers shake their heads and Annalise look at her brother in shock. "Then what? Those of you who don't starve to death will face him again next harvest! And the harvest after that." Arthur tells him. "We'll manage. We'll survive." Will tells the village. "How?" someone asks. "The only way he can be stopped is if you stand up to him." Arthur tells Will. "No. You just want the honour and glory of battle! That's what drives men like you! Look, if you want to fight, then go home and risk the lives of your own people, not ours!" Will accuses the Princes. "Will." Merlin says going after Will. "I'll follow you. If I'm to die, then I want to go out fighting." Hunith tells tells the Pendragon brothers. "That goes for me, too." Matthew, a villager, says stepping forward. "You can count me in." a villager agrees. "I'm in." another chimes in. "Me too!" a women adds. "Yeah!You can count me in!" another man nods.

Silas watches as his brother and everyone starts to disperse, Annalise walks over "My Lord, I'd like to say thank you again for saving me." she tells him. "It was nothing my lady and please, call me Silas." he responds smiling and giving her a small bow. "Silas it is but I'm not a lady." Annalise smiles. "You are to me." Silas tells her, kissing the back of her hand as he bows again. Annalise blushes "May I help you with your horse? I've always loved them, they are truly beautiful animals." she asks shyly. "Of course." Silas smiles, putting out his arm. Smiling Annalise takes his arm and lets him lead her over to his horse where they find Morgana and Gwen taking the saddles off their own horses "Silas." Morgana smiles. "Morgana, this is Annalise. Annalise, this is Morgana. She's my sister for all in tense and purposes." Silas introduces them. "My lady." Annalise curtsies with a smile. "Please call me Morgana, this is Gwen." Morgana smiles. Annalise now "Annalise wanted to help with the horse as she loves the animal." Silas explains. "Of course, we always accept help from new friends." Morgana nods. Annalise smiles and follows Silas to his horse "This is Clover, she's one of the best horses I've ever ridden." Silas tells her. "She's truly beautiful." Annalise compliments stroking Clover's nose. Silas smiles "We can go for a ride tomorrow... if you'd like to that is?" he asks her. "I've never actually ridden a horse." Annalise blushes. "I could teach you?" Silas suggests. Nodding Annalise smiles "I'd like that." she responds.

That evening Silas walks through the village smiling at the villagers who pass him "Silas." Annalise smiles as he walks over. "Annalise." Silas smiles before noticing that she's carrying a bucket of water "Here allow me." he tells her taking the bucket. "Oh, thank you." she smiles. "Which way?" Silas asks, putting his arm out to her. "This way." Annalise responds taking his arm. "So, what do you enjoy doing in your spare time?" Silas asks her. "Reading and drawing, I always have." Annalise tells him with a smile "What about you?" she asks. "I enjoy drawing as well, I also like learning new things." Silas responds. "What sort of things do you learn? I've never left Ealdor so I don't get a chance to learn new things." Annalise asks him. "A mixture really, I obviously have to learn the history of Camelot so I can perform my duties. The Court Physician, Gaius, teaches me about plants. I also go to the library and read about other kingdoms and their families. Arthur also trains me so I learn a lot of skills that way. To be honest I haven't really left Camelot before, this is the farthest I've ever been from home." Silas tells her. "Really? I thought you'd have travelled more." Annalise tells him. Silas smiles tightly "Father doesn't really like me to leave." he tells her making her nod. "This is me." Annalise smiles as they reach her house. Silas smiles "I'll see you tomorrow?" he asks. "Definitely, you owe me that riding lesson." Annalise nods. "Riding lesson it is." Silas agrees, kissing the back of her hand as he places the bucket down for her.

Silas walks back to Hunith's house and heads to bed with everyone else; he lies on the floor with Merlin and Arthur, after telling Morgana and Gwen to take the spare beds and assuring Hunith that she should keep her bed "Have you always slept on the floor?" Arthur suddenly asks Merlin. "Yeah. The bed I've got in Camelot's luxury by comparison." Merlin responds. "Must've been hard." Arthur says. "Mmm. It's like rock." Merlin tells him. Silas chuckles softly "He didn't mean the ground. He meant, for you. It must've been difficult." he explains. "Mmm. Not really. I didn't know any different. Life's simple out here. You eat what you grow and everyone pitches in together. As long as you've got food on the table and a roof over your head, you're happy." Merlin explains. "Sounds... nice." Arthur tries. "You'd hate it." Merlin tells him. "No doubt. Why'd you leave?" Arthur asks. "Things just... changed." Merlin responds. "How? Come on, stop pretending to be interesting. Tell me." Arthur tells him. "I just didn't fit in anymore. I wanted to find somewhere that I did." Merlin explains. "Had any luck?" Silas asks. "I'm not sure yet." Merlin responds. "We'll start training the men tomorrow. It's gonna be a long day. Get the candle." Arthur tells Merlin making Merlin blow out the candle.

The next morning Silas does his belt as Merlin helps Arthur put his jacket on "You still not learned how to dress yourself?" Morgana asks. "You don't have a dog and fetch the stick yourself. No offence, Merlin." Arthur responds. "None taken." Merlin responds. "Prince Arthur, you didn't finish your breakfast." Hunith says bringing his bowl of food over. "Didn't I?" Arthur asks taking the bowl. "Come on, eat up." Morgana smiles. Arthur pretends to eat it "Mmmmm." he says before handing the bowl to Gwen "Right. Let's get going. We need wood, and lots of it." he tells Merlin. "Of course." Merlin nods. Silas watches as Gwen finishes Arthur's breakfast and hands the bowl to Hunith "Arthur said it was lovely." she tells her. Smiling Silas goes and waits outside for Merlin "They must care for you a great deal." Hunith tells Merlin. "Silas and Arthur'd do the same for any village. That's just the way they are." Merlin tells his mother. "It's more than that. They're here for you." Hunith responds. "I'm just their servant." Merlin denies. "Give them more credit than that. They like you." Hunith tells her son. That's because Arthur doesn't know me. And if he did, I'd probably be dead by now." Merlin tells her. "You don't really believe that, do you?" Hunith asks. Silas pokes his head in to save Merlin "Merlin? I've forgotten where Arthur wanted to meet." he lies. Merlin smiles at his mother before following Silas "Thanks." he says. "No problem but she's right, Arthur and I see you as more than a servant. Arthur probably won't admit it but it's true." Silas responds. Merlin smiles "I'll go get the wood Arthur wants." he says before grabbing an axe and heading towards the woods.

Silas puts a couple more swords by Morgana and Gwen as they sharpen the weapons, turning he watches Arthur train the men "I won't be able to teach you everything there is to know about fighting with a sword, but you can learn the basics: the stance, how to parry a blow, how to land your own. On my count! One! Two! Three! Four! Now, you may have to watch for the feint. So, keep your feet moving, and only stay in range long enough to land your blow. And again. One! Two! Three! Four!" he tells them. "There is no way they're going to be able to hold Kanen off." Morgana sighs. "Men aren't the only ones who can fight." Gwen points out. "Again. One! Two! Three!" Arthur tells the men. Silas sighs "Your right, when they take a break we'll talk to Arthur. "When are you taking Annalise riding?" Morgana asks changing the subject. "Um, after lunch." Silas responds. "She seems really nice." Gwen smiles. "She is, we spoke again last night. I helped her carry some water to her house." Silas says. Morgana and Gwen smile at each other "What?" Silas asks. "You like her." Morgana tells him. "Yeah, she's nice." Silas nods. "No, she means you like like her." Gwen smiles. "Wh-what? No-no I don't." Silas stammers, going red. "I think it's sweet." Morgana smiles. "Nothing could ever happen though, Father would never allow it." Silas sighs sadly. "We'll, what Uther doesn't know..." Morgana trails off smiling. Silas shrugs "She probably doesn't like me like that." he says. "You never know." Gwen smiles kindly.

When Arthur stops the men for a break he goes over and draws so water from the well to drink, Silas, Morgana and Gwen walk over "Looks like the battle's already fought and lost." Morgana remarks. "They'll toughen up." Arthur responds. "They need to." Gwen says. "How are we doing for weapons?" Arthur asks. "There isn't much, but we should be able to scrape together what you need." Silas responds. "It's not the weapons that worry us. It's having enough people to use them. We think the women should be allowed to fight." Gwen tells him. "You haven't enough men. If they were trained soldiers, maybe you'd stand a chance, but they're not." Morgana adds. "It's too dangerous." Arthur says walking back over to the men "Right! Back on your feet! Come on, let's go!" he tells them. Silas shakes his head "We need to make him see sense." he sighs. "We will. You go on that ride with Annalise." Morgana smiles.

Silas meets Annalise by the horses "Annalise." he smiles, kissing her hand. "Silas." she responds with a smile and light blush. "Would you like to borrow one of the other horses or ride on Clover with me?" Silas asks her. "Ride with you? I would feel more comfortable for my first time. If that's alright." Annalise responds. "I wouldn't have offered it it wasn't." Silas smiles as he starts saddling Clover. Once he finishes he climbs up "Here take my hand and put your foot in the stirrup, I'll help pull you up as you put your other leg over the saddle in front of me." Silas smiles. "Okay." Annalise nods doing as he said. "There, you're up." Silas tells her as he puts his arms round her to reach the reigns. Annalise smiles "It's so high up." she tells him. "You ready to go?" Silas asks making her nod. Silas gently nudges Clover's side making her start walking towards the woods "Would you like to hold her reigns with me?" he asks. Annalise tentatively holds the reigns with Silas and he helps her keep control of Clover "Could we go a bit faster?" she asks. "You sure." Silas asks. "Yes." Annalise nods. Nodding Silas nudges Clover's side again making her going into a trot, Annalise giggles "This is amazing." she tells Silas who smiles. "I'm glad you're enjoying yourself." he tells her.

The two teens get back to Ealdor and take Clover's saddle off "Thank you for that, it was amazing." Annalise smiles. "It was my pleasure." Silas responds with a smile of his own. Before either of them can say anything else they hear a woman's scream, they both run in the direction to find Matthew's body being pulled off a horse. Arthur pulls the note off the arrow "What does it say?" Merlin asks. "Make the most of this day, it will be your last." Arthur reads out. "Matthew! No! No! No!" Matthew's fiancé screams running over and sobbing next to his body. Annalise turns and hides her face in Silas making his wrap an arm round her in comfort "You did this! Look what you've done! You've killed him!" Will tells the Princes. "It wasn't their fault." Annalise tells her brother from next to Silas. "If they hadn't been strutting around, treating us like their own personal army, this would never have happened!" Will tells his sister. "These men are brave enough to fight for what they believe in, even if you aren't!" Arthur tells Will. "You're sending them to their graves! You killed one man. How many more need to die before you realise this a battle that can't be won? When Kanen comes, you haven't got a chance. You're gonna be slaughtered." Will says before walking away.

Later Silas sits with Arthur as he sharpens his sword, Merlin walks over and sits down next to him "William and Annalise's father was killed fighting for King Cenred, so Will doesn't trust anyone of nobility." he explains. "Do you think the villagers believed him?" Arthur asks. "No. He's always been a troublemaker. They're used to ignoring him." Merlin responds. "And if he's right?" Silas asks. "He isn't." Merlin tells them. "I'm treating these men like soldiers, and they're not. You've seen them fight. They... they haven't got a clue! You need to tell them all to leave the village before Kanen returns." Arthur tells Merlin. "No, we're going to stay. We're going to fight, and we're going to win." Merlin tells the Pendragon brothers. "Merlin, it can't be done. The odds are too great." Arthur sighs. "It can. We're going to make Kanen rue the day he ever came to this village. All you need to do is get the men ready for battle, and the rest will take care of itself." Merlin assures them. "How?" Silas asks. "You've just got to believe in them. Because if you don't, they'll sense it, and the battle'll be lost before it's even begun." Merlin responds before leaving the brothers. Silas bites his lip "Arthur I could use my... ability." he suggests. "Silas, it's too dangerous. What if it got back to Father?" Arthur shakes his head. "I don't care, these people don't deserve what is happening to them." Silas tells him. "Silas, you can't use it. People could see." Arthur sighs. "I don't care if they do. If I can't use it then what's the point in having it. At this point I might as well be dead, it's who I am and I'm fed up of living in fear of father because of it!" Silas exclaims, tears in his eyes. Arthur pulls his brother into a tight hug "Don't you dare say that." he tells him. Silas lets his tears flow "I hate it. I hate being scared all the time." he tells his brother. "I promise you once I'm King it'll change. You're proof that it isn't magic that's evil, it's how it's used." Arthur assures him making Silas nod.

That night Arthur gathers all the villagers in the common building "Tomorrow morning, the women and children should gather what belongings they can carry and go to the woods." he starts. "We're not going anywhere!" Gwen exclaims. "I know you want to help. The women can't stay here. It's too dangerous." Arthur tells her. "The women have as much right to fight for their lives as the men do!" Gwen defends. "But none of you know how to fight." Arthur points out. "The more of us there are, the better chance we stand!" Gwen tells him, all the women stepping forward to show their agreement. 0This is your home. If you want to fight to defend it, that's your choice. I'd be honoured to stand alongside you. Kanen attacks tomorrow. Kanen's brutal. He fights only to kill, which is why he will never defeat us. Look around. In this circle, we're all equals. You're not fighting because someone's ordering you to, you're fighting for so much more than that. You fight for your homes. You fight for your family. You fight for your friends. You fight for the right to grow crops in peace. And if you fall, you fall fighting for the noblest of causes: fighting for your very right to survive! And when you're old and grey, you'll look back on this day, and you'll know you earned the right to live every day in between! So you fight! For your family! For your friends! For Ealdor!" Arthur tells the villagers. The villagers stand with swords raised "For Ealdor! Ealdor! Ealdor! Ealdor! Ealdor! Ealdor! Ealdor!" they chant.

The next morning Silas finishes putting on his amour as Merlin starts to help Arthur with his armour "No, not today. Put on your own." Arthur tells him. Merlin struggles with the buckle on one of his bracers making Arthur go and help him "You ready?" Arthur asks. "My throat's dry." Merlin responds. "Me too." the brothers tell him at the same time. Arthur and Merlin shake hands "It's been an honour." Arthur tells him. "Whatever happens out there today, please don't think any differently of me." Merlin tells him. "I won't. It's alright to be scared, Merlin." Arthur responds. "That's not what I meant." Merlin says. "What is it? If you've got something to say, now's the time to say it." Arthur tells him. Before he can respond Morgana walks in "Silas, Arthur. They've crossed the river." she tells them making them nod and walk out.

Silas walks over to the villagers and over to Annalise "You alright?" he asks. Annalise nods "I trust you and your brother." she responds. "I'm glad." Silas smiles. "What about you? Are you alright?" Annalise asks him. "I'm alright, I trust in Arthur and his plan." he responds. "You should trust in yourself too." Annalise tells him. "If you trust me then that's all the trust I need." Silas smiles. "I do." Annalise nods with a smile. "Then that's all I need." Silas tells her, not noticing Arthur smiling at the two of them. As they take their positions Silas and Annalise see Kanen and his men riding out the woods and into the village "Hold. No one moves until they give the signal. Hold." Arthur tells everyone one. A gate goes up startling some of the horses and bandits "Now, Morgana. What are you waiting for? Something's gone wrong." Arthur realises. Merlin runs out to go help Morgana "Merlin!" Silas and Arthur exclaim.

After a minute the prepared line flames up trapping the bandits "Now!" Arthur shouts making everyone spring out and start fighting. Silas dodged a blow from a bandit and counters with a blow of his own, making the bandit fall to the floor. Turning he sees Annalise struggling as two bandits corner her, glaring he throws his dagger hitting one bandit in the back. Seeing her chance Annalise hits the other with her makeshift staff making him fall to the floor, she takes the dagger out of the bandits back and runs over to Silas "Here, thank you." she smiles. "Keep it, you need it more than me." Silas tells her, kicking a bandit in the back of his legs. Annalise smiles and starts helping him, the two of them fighting back to back. As they do a windstorm starts making the remaining bandits start to flee as the villagers get the upper hand. Smiling Annalise hugs Silas "We won!" she grins. "We did." Silas smiles, hugging her back. "Pendragon!" Kanen shouts. Silas turns to see the man storming over to his brother, Annalise holds his hand as they watch Arthur fight the leader of the bandits. Finally he gets the upper hand and kills Kanen before heading over to Will and Merlin, Silas and Annalise jog over and join them "Who did that?" Arthur asks. "What?" Merlin asks. "Wind like that doesn't just appear from nowhere. I know magic when I see it. One of you made that happen." Arthur tells them. "Arthur..." Merlin starts. Kanen picks up a crossbow and aims it at Arthur's back "Look out!" Will shouts, pushing Arthur out the way and getting shout instead. "Will!" Annalise screams falling at her brother's side. "You just saved my life." Arthur tells him. "Yeah. Don't know what I was thinking." Will responds. "Come on! Get him inside!" Arthur tells everyone.

Merlin, Arthur, Silas and a villager carry Will into his and Annalise's house and lie him on the table "That's twice I've saved you." Will tells Arthur. "Twice?" Arthur asks. "Yeah, it was me. I'm the one that used the magic." Will responds. "Will, don't." Merlin tells him. "It's alright, Merlin. I won't be alive long enough for anyone to do anything to me. I did it. I saw how desperate things were becoming and I had to do something." Will lies. Annalise cries as she holds her brother's hand "You're a sorcerer?" Arthur asks. "Yeah. What are you gonna do? Kill me?" Will asks him. "No. Of course not. Do what you can for him." Arthur tells Merlin. Merlin nods as Arthur puts his hand on Will's shoulder before leaving the house, Silas puts a hand on Annalise's arm "I'll wait outside." he tells her softly before following his brother outside. After a couple minutes Silas hears Annalise scream in grief making him run in, Merlin holds Annalise as she cries over the loss of her brother. Silas walks over and she falls into his arms "I'll take her outside." he tells Merlin who nods, trying to keep it together himself. Silas lifts Annalise easily and carries her outside and over to where the horses are "He's all I had left. Mother died shortly after my Father did." Annalise cries. Silas holds her close and lets her cry into his chest "He told me to go to Camelot with you and Merlin. He said that he trusts Merlin to look after me and that he's seen how close we've got." she tells him as her tears begin to fall less and less. "Only if you're sure." Silas tells her. "I can't stay here, there's too many memories." Annalise responds. Silas nods and continues to hug her as she leans into him, the horses snorting every now and then being the only noise.

Silas stands with Annalise as they watch Will's funeral pyre burn, Annalise cries making Silas hug her in comfort. Morgana walks over and holds the girl's hand "Come on, let's go inside." she tells he gently. Annalise nods and wipes her eyes letting Morgana and Silas take her back to her house "Silas, could you stay? I don't want to be on my own tonight." she asks. Silas nods "Of course." he tells her. "I'll let the others know where you are." Morgana tells Silas before hugging both the teens goodnight. Annalise leads Silas into he house and over to where her cot is "I'm going to sleep in Will's bed tonight." she tells him. "I'll be right here if you need anything." Silas assures her. "Thank you Silas." Annalise says. "What for?" Silas asks. "For being here for me. We haven't know each other long and I already trust you and feel like we've known each other for ages." she explains. Silas nods "I feel the same. We should probably get some sleep, we have a long journey ahead of us tomorrow." he tells her. "Goodnight Silas." Annalise nods. "Goodnight Annalise." he responds.

Lucy Hale as Annalise

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

34.7K 1.4K 17
The prince of Camelot has a secret he has yet to reveal and his manservant, Merlin , has the same secret. They can't reveal it until the right time c...
1.7K 80 24
"It can't be him! It can't be Ethan!" Follow Merlin as he goes through the troubles of being a prince in hiding. What happens when a letter arrives i...
100K 3K 24
by @/van_maniac
Take 65 By Dean

Fanfiction

71.6K 2K 21
When Merlin gets injured and falls ill, what will Arthur do? (Morgana is alive, Gwen is with Lancelot, Eventual Pergwaine, Arthur knows about Merlin'...