Luck And Poetry (Nagito X Rea...

By Miss_Nagitonista

Contains smut/lemon/triggering situations and dialogues/mild LGBTQ content. Please read only if 16+. This is... More

Chapter 2- No, That's Wrong!
Chapter 3- Scum and Hope
Chapter 4- An Incomplete Lullaby
Chapter 5- Divided Despair
Chapter 6- The Children we used to be
Chapter 7- I love you too
Chapter 8- An old friend
Chapter 9- Beautiful Chaos
Chapter 10- The Funhouse
Chapter 11- My Lie
Chapter 12- Blood and Dread
Chapter 13- My first day
Chapter 14- My mother's indifference
Chapter 15- Her
Chapter 16- The Day You Really Left Us
Chapter 17- Goodbye, Yet Another Friend.
Chapter 18- Sugar-Dusted Manipulation
Chapter 19- The Lady Who Started It All
Chapter 20- You Can't Hide From Me
Chapter 21- Your Suffering In Silence
Chapter 22- Threat and Thunder
Chapter 23- The Person I Used to Love
Chapter 24- Lull Before the Storm
Chapter 25- Melancholy
Chapter 26- The Ultimate Talent
Chapter 27- A Bullet of Desolation
Chapter 28- The Biggest, Most Tragic Event in Human History
Chapter 29- What Despair Feels Like
Chapter 30- Our Last Class Trial
Chapter 31- Just a Little Human
Chapter 32- I Reject Your Utopia
Chapter 33- I Absolutely Resent You.
Chapter 34- To Be Content
Bonus Story- White Amaryllis
Story Finale- Chapter 35: Luck and Poetry

Chapter 1- Love All Over Again

8.6K 162 588
By Miss_Nagitonista

Your body was tired, but you felt pleasant salty breeze blowing over your face. Moving your fingers around a little on whatever you were lying on, you realised it was sand. Not grainy dry sand, but damp beach sand. It took a moment to move your body because it felt like you had been sprawled on the ground for quite a while.

You sat up, looking down at what you were wearing. Dressed in a long black skirt just fluttering above your knees, you were wearing a collared lavender long sleeved shirt neatly folded back at the elbows.
A small silver brooch was pinned to your left bosom, glinting bright in sun.
You looked on ahead, a large azure ocean bellowed before you, its waves silently and hypnotically crashing in and out like it was beckoning you to it. You were so unaware of your surroundings until you heard a soft grunt close to you.

With a start, you looked down. A teenage boy around his late adolescent years was lying a few inches away from you. You studied his face, he had white hair swaying in and out of his unbelievably pale face, it were almost like he were sick. A few of his strands that just reached his shoulders were a pale ivory.

He was dressed in a dark green jacket which reached down all the way to his knees, with a white shirt underneath, a strange red pattern on it which you rather liked. He wore a pair of black pants and strap- on shoes. Almost everything about him, except for his pale face and locks, seemed normal. Was he just like you, someone who was stranded on an unknown island, with nothing in memory except for his name and what he was exceptionally good at?

But you and he were not the only person who was lying here unconsciousness. There were a lot of other teenagers too, they seemed to be around your age as well, except for a blond girl wearing an orange kimono. She seemed to be no more than twelve.

You counted them all silently, your eyes skipping from one person to the other. There were fifteen more, excluding you and him. He grunted again. Perhaps he was about to wake up and you could question him.
The boy opened his eyes. They were a light grey in color, but glistened silver in the sun. They rather suited him. His lashes fluttered up and down a few times up at the sky, trying to understand where he was.
"You're awake." you said quietly, trying not to startle him.

"Where am I...and who are you?" He said looking up at you, still lying eagle spread on the beach floor.

"Where we are, I have as much of an idea as you do. As for my name, it is Y/N L/N."

He sat up beside you, trying to recognise the area, but in vain.
"It's a beach. But what beach is it? And who are all these people? Oh my, could it be-"

He turned left to face you. "-could we possibly have been kidnapped?"
You opened your mouth to answer, bemused at his conclusion, but before you could say anything he answered himself.

"I suppose that can't be. We would be tied in a musty warehouse somewhere, so we can't flee or hide, right? And even if I were to be kidnapped, there's absolutely no one who would pay ransom for me! I know because I've already been abducted once before, and I was set free by the kidnapper because he realised after a month that no one would pay to get me back! Funny, isn't it?"

"I-" you pondered, thinking how it wasn't funny at all, but a tragic situation really, when he started talking again.

"How impolite of me, please do forgive my ranting! You have already told me your name, but I have failed to do the same...I really am horrible. My name is Nagito Komaeda. It's nice to meet you. Let's hope one of these people might be more knowledgeable than we are."

He smiled at you, his slightly cracked but rosy lips widening with his eyes all wrinkling up. You liked when people smiled like that. It felt like they were truly smiling.

The people started to gain consciousness one by one. Komaeda seemed particularly interested about this one brown haired boy wearing a plain white shirt and a green tie waking up. Even as he lay dazed staring up at Komaeda for a while, his face seemed to be of a really determined and capable individual. His ahoge pointed right up, scarring his otherwise rather serious apperance.

Once he came to properly, he introduced himself as Hajime Hinata. Komaeda asked him about his talent, but he said didn't quite remember. It was bizarre, but you decided to just believe him.

"So what's your talent?" Hinata asked him, as the three of you sat on the slightly moist sand, exchanging information with other people to try and interrogate them about your unknown whereabouts too.

"It's not something too great, really, maybe it's not even a real talent." Komaeda said, his eyes looking a little downcast. "But I'm the Ultimate Lucky student. I have cycles of good and bad luck, sometimes it tends to actually work in my favour."

"I see...I didn't know good luck even counted as a talent...but what about you, L/N?"

"Oh, me? I'm just...a poet. I'm the Ultimate Poet." You said, trying to speak as quietly as you could, hoping they didn't really pay attention to you.

"That's so cool! Poetry has been something I've had an interest in for quite some time, now...but tell me, why do you say, 'just a poet'? Do you not consider being a poet as something great?"

"No... it's just that-"

Before you could finish, a very strange entity popped in a few metres away from where the three of you were talking, it was a...soft toy. It looked like a rabbit, a kid's toy, except it was adorned in pastel pink jewellery and waved a stick around in the air. All that was fine, but well...
It spoke.

Your eyes widened in shock, just like the eyes of everyone around you. Komaeda let out a small gasp.

"No need to be worried, everyone!" The...thing spoke in a squeaky female voice.
"I'm your teacher and we're all here to have a good time on this beautiful tropical island. Look at the ocean, it washes your heart out, doesn't it? Like it cleans out everything...even the bad things..."

"Hold on!" A formidable looking silver haired girl wearing a sword on her back spoke boldly. "Where are we? Give us more details!" Her name was Peko Pekoyama, the Ultimate Swordswoman, you had learnt. She was standing close to a short blond boy who seemed to have a short temper, owing to his firmly crossed arms and scrowling face. He had spat his name out to be Fuyuhiko Kuzuryu, the Ultimate Gangster formerly.

"Where you ask...is it? It's obviously that we're-" you squinted, thinking you would get a straight answer when the toy spoke,
"Out where it's better! Out where it's wetter! Out at the beach! That's right, the school trip has just begun. We are all just here to have a great time, no fighting, no conflicts, just...fun!"

"A school trip?!" A girl screeched, her eyes bulging rather comically. "You tooootally skipped everything which comes before! Like a academic session in Hope's Peak, you know?!"
She had quite the apperance, that of a rockstar, really. Her sleek colored blue, pink and white hair dangled down to her waist and also falling over her eyes in bangs. She wore torn stockings and bizarre stripped horns over her head. Despite that, she seemed pretty approachable.

"Hope's Peak...huh?" The pastel colored toy spoke. "There's no need to worry about all that. Just have a good time and follow the few rules I've laid down for you, so we can all be friends!"

With that, she...or rather it, disappeared just as quickly as she had appeared, like out of thin air.

"I'm...really thirsty..." You muttered, looking around for some kind of shelter. Surely this strange rabbit didn't expect them to drink from the ocean?

"Well, let's go," Komaeda said. "She certainly wasn't much help, but I can see an outline of some kind of supermarket. We can get something to drink."
Hinata followed along too, his face dumbstruck.

"It's going to be fine." You told him reassuringly. "We will find some way to escape this place. For now, let us play along."
Hinata looked at you, his hazel green orbs uncertain, but something about them changed when he nodded firmly.
"I sure hope so."

Komaeda stopped abruptly, making you run into his back.
"Ouch- sorry Komae-"

"Did you just say hope?"

"What?"

"Oh, nothing. Forgive me. It's amazing you manage to find something to hope about even in this situation. It just...caught my attention."

Komaeda certainly was strange. But you looked forward to knowing him better.

Sure enough, there was a supermarket selling all kinds of things, so out of place in an island. Hinata found a bottle of water and threw it at you, saying "Catch!"

But he threw it much higher than your hands and you missed, the bottle hitting a girl standing right behind you. You rushed over to her, as she whispered

"Ow...I'm so sorry for being in your way... please forgive me..."
She wore a pink dress with a white apron over it, her unevenly cut plum colored hair now dripping with water. A startled Komaeda and a awfully guilty looking Hinata rushed over too, as the latter apologized profusely. "No, what are you talking about...I'm the one who didn't see you back there. I'm so, so sorry."

"Bullying a girl, Hajime? Not cool." Komaeda tutted, as Hinata repudiated.

"What's your name?" You said, drawn to her almost immediately. Something about this meek woman made you want to befriend and protect her.
"I'm...Mikan Tsumiki..." She answered, her eyebrows upturned timidly. "I am the Ultimate Nurse. May I...know who you are as well?"

"Of course," You smiled, reaching out a hand to help her up from the puddle of water. "I'm Y/N L/N. The Ultimate Poet."

"Helloooooooooo everyone! I am Ibuki! Ibuki says it's nice to meet youuu!"
A whirl of hues spun into view, the girl who looked like a rockstar appeared, drinking out of a bottle of coke. A bespectacled chubby boy in a beige suit was looking at her disdainfully, it was clear he disliked her loud disposition as much as he liked some peace and quiet.

"And over there is Byakuyaaaa Togami! The Ultimate 'Don't-talk-to-me-if you're-poor-guy!' Ibuki is the Ultimate Musician!"

"I think you mean the Ultimate Affluent Progeny." spat out Togami, his tone unapproving. "You will do well to remember that."

"I think..." Hinata said, "We should go out and meet the others." He excused himself, apologizing to Tsumiki one last time, as you and Komaeda followed. You grabbed a bottle of apple juice before you walked out.

It had started getting dark. After a while of walking, you came across a statue which was the strangest thing you had seen in this island, the pink rabbit toy included. It was a mingle of all kinds of animals, a tiger, a snake, a horse, you couldn't make out most of it. There was a loud mischievous cackle, and another soft toy popped into view, except it was ten times more terrifying than the other one. It was half black and half white, one of its eyes a red slit on the black part of its body, a toothy ear to ear grin designed on it's unsettling face.

"Well, hello there! I am Monokuma, the headmaster of Hope's Peak academy! As my sister already said we're here to have lots of fun!"

Everyone had now gathered around this half an half creature, this...Monokuma, as it had announced.
"Puhuhuhu...but no one wants to see a couple of high school having a good, boring life on a tropical island! That's why..." It said, it's red eye glowing scarlet. You could have sworn it's melancholy grin was getting wider, even if it wasn't possible.

"That's why you're contestants."

"C-Contestants? What do you mean, you dumb bastard?" swore Kuzuryu.

"Contestants...of a killing game!"
.
.
.
.
.
A.N: This is my first published fanfiction, released on 16th March 2022. I'll post as often as I can. Please vote if possible and comment your opinions. Nothing gives me more motivation to improve. Thanks for reading.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6.1K 206 12
Nagito Komaeda finds himself somehow alive after a despair-inducing killing game and reunites with his friends, especially Hajime Hinata. As they try...
59.3K 2.5K 25
Hajime Hinata is on a class trip to Jabberwock Island with ultimate students at Hope's peak academy. Although he's with kids from school and would mo...
117K 3.3K 24
[WARNING: there is smut in some of these chapters! read at your own discretion!] You work on a tropical island with a pretty simple job: to serve ric...
91.6K 1.3K 25
idk they're pretty bad but fun to write I'll update this more if it actually gets votes lol currently on hiatus due to personal issues! sorry for the...