Marital Love

By geminified_

"π’ͺπ“Šπ“‡ π’Ώβ„΄π“Šπ“‡π“ƒβ„―π“Ž π’Ύπ“ˆπ“ƒ'𝓉 𝓅𝓇𝒻ℯ𝒸𝓉 π’·π“Šπ“‰ 𝒾𝓉'π“ˆ β„΄π“Šπ“‡π“ˆ 𝒢𝓃𝒹 ℐ'𝓁𝓁 π“ˆπ“‰π’Ύπ’Έπ“€ π“Œπ’Ύπ“‰π’½ π“Žβ„΄π“Š 𝓉�... More

Author's Note
Characters
🎢Playlist🎢
Chapter 1 : The First Meet
Chapter 2 : "Let's Meet"
Chapter 3 : Jaans
Chapter 5 : It's Fixed
Chapter 6 : Engagement (Part1)
Chapter 7 : Engagement (Part 2)
Chapter 8 : Day Out
Chapter 9 : I Promise!!
Chapter 10 : Mehendi
Chapter 11 : Sangeet
Chapter 12 : Wedding bells
Chapter 13 : A New Phase
Chapter 14 : Being supportive
Chapter 15 : Sorry!!
Chapter 16: Bits of the past
Chapter 17 : Rising feelings
Chapter 18 : Emergency
Chapter 19 : Jouissance
Chapter 20 : You are my priority!
Chapter 21 : All because of her!!
Chapter 22 : Drunk?
Chapter 23 : Stupid Heart!!
Chapter 24 : His smile is to die for!!
Promo⚑
Chapter 25 : Humdard 🎢
Chapter 26 : I know you better than you!
Chapter 27 : It's fun to tease her!!
Chapter 28 : Her safe place!
Chapter 29 : I just need to hug him!
Chapter 30 : Rain, me and you!
Chapter 31 : My and Pree's baby!
Chapter 32 : Sick Agnhiotri
Chapter 33 : Her Saviour!
Chapter 34 : I don't need to worry!
Chapter 35 : She's my painkiller!!
Chapter 36 : Lies Mr. Agnhiotri!
Chapter 37 : I'm home!!
Chapter 38 : Just be fine!
Epilogue
Announcement
Bonus Chapter 1
New Story Alert

Chapter 4 : First Date

10.4K 580 167
By geminified_

Today's chapter is dedicated to KP_2909 .Keep supporting. ❣️
*****
"𝑰𝒕'𝒔 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒄𝒐𝒏𝒏𝒆𝒄𝒕𝒊𝒐𝒏 𝒘𝒆 𝒄𝒂𝒏'𝒕 𝒆𝒙𝒑𝒍𝒂𝒊𝒏."
~~~

PREETI'S POV ~

Finally it's Thursday. Today Akhil is going to take me on a date. Usually on Thursdays there's not much work in the office.

Right now I'm sitting at the dinning table with my parents and having breakfast.

"So you are going out tonight with Akhil?" Papa asked. I know he's still not sure about sending me on a date. He's always been protective about me. I clearly sensed the doubt in his voice.

"Yes Papa. We want to know each other well before getting married. So we want to meet often. "

"You guys can meet in the morning as well. "

"Mornings are for office work papa. " I said sipping my coffee.

"Sunday morning? "

"They are for sleep Papa."

"Does he even know what you'll like? Where is he taking you by the way? Is it far from the house? What time are you going? And what time will you be back? "

"Ishwar Ji please stop asking so many questions. You should be happy that our daughter is going out with Akhil. It's her decision to go and she has the right to decide, and about all your questions I'll answer you. Let her go to the office. " Preeti's mother responded him.

Papa didn't look pleased. I know until the date is over and I'm back home he'll keep thinking about it.

"Don't worry papa. First of all I'll come back home early from office and we'll leave at around 7:00 pm . We won't come back home late and about the place I don't know where we'll be going. I'm not going by myself. Akhil will pick and drop me. I know you're concerned about me but I think you can trust Akhil. Hai na Papa. Even you like him then why worrying so much. "
I gave him a tight hug. This is how he is. Even though he likes Akhil, he'll be extra protective, as after that day Papa has become a little more cautious about me and Vivaan.

I leave for the office with thoughts about the date captured my mind.

---

It's around 6:45 pm. Akhil will pick me at 7:00 pm. I'm ready for the date, all thanks to Riki.

"Someone's looking hot. I'm sure Akhil's gonna have a nice staring session." She said winking at me.

Her words made me blush. Imagine Akhil The Khadoos Agnhiotri (that's what people think he is), staring at me.

Wait did I just blush! What the hell's wrong with you PR?

"Oooo... Blushing huhh? "

"I-I'm not blushing . I don't blush and all. Get your eyesight checked. "

"Ohh really? "

Just then I heard the doorbell. He's here. Why I'm feeling nervous?

No girl!
You can do this come on.

Huh? I'm not on a battle. It's just a date.

Well that's how you are reacting.

"Done fighting with your subconscious? Let's go now" I was brought out of my thoughts by Riki.

Before heading out I last time checked myself in the mirror.

Hmmm.. Not bad.

I wore this beautiful dress Riki had gifted me last birthday and a white handbag that I borrowed from Riki. I didn't do heavy makeup. Kept it natural. My hairs are all Riki's work.

We went out and I saw Akhil near the dinning table standing at an angle that I could only see his back and left shoulder.

"Ahem ahem." Riki fake coughed to grab everyone's attention. Akhil also turned around.

DUCK THE WHAT!

I mean What the duck!

Ugghh.... I mean what the fuck!

He looks freaking handsome!! White shirt with blue pants and his matching shoes, watch and belt all complimented his looks.

Now why's he staring at me like that?

He's constant gaze made me conscious. I started looking everywhere but Akhil.
After a nice 10 sec staring session he moved his gaze and smiled looking at the other side.

"Are you guys planning to have a date here itself in the house. No tell me if it's so I'll ask aunty to prepare the dinning table and we'll all go inside and leave you both here."

I couldn't understand what she meant and why she said that.

"Huh?"

"Get going guys. You don't have much time." She said shaking her head.

"Yes. Be back in time. Akhil please take her safely." My dear Papa. He's still hesitated to send me.

"Don't worry uncle. She'll be my responsibility." he said looking at me.

"Enjoy!!!" squealed my mother.

"Yeah enjoy!" Vivaan said looking at Akhil mischievously. Something's going between these two. I know Vivaan very well. He's always upto something to irritate Akhil. That's what he's been doing in the office since he joined.

Akhil glared at him and shook his head.

"Bye Di, have fun."

---

We made our way towards the car after coming down and Akhil opened the backseat door.

Am I going to sit there?

He closed the door and I saw him holding a beautiful bouquet of roses.

Oh my my! This man is so sweet!

"For you. I hope you like it. " He forwarded the bouquet to me. I can't stop admiring it. It's the first time I'm receiving flowers from another man besides my father or brother and that man is none other than my future husband.

Husband?

Well I've to get used to it. He's still not but will be one day.

"It's pretty Akhil. I loved it. " I took the bouquet in my hand.

"Chale?" [Should we go? ]
He opened the car door for me.

Isn't he too good?

"Yeah sure. " I said sitting in the car. He sat in the driving seat and started the engine.

"Akhil where are we going? "

"Patience lady you'll know. "

Akhil's POV ~

Wow! She looked nothing less than a fashion model. I just couldn't take my eyes of her. When I realized I've been staring at her I just looked away. I couldn't control but smile a little bit. She looked really pretty. I wanted to complement her but was hesitant.

I realized her father was reluctant sending her alone with me for dinner. I didn't mind that, he's her father after all, but I assured him I'll take her responsibility.

After coming down I was eager to give her the flowers. I remember Meera told me about Preeti's love for roses. What could be better than her favorite flowers for a great start. I'm glad that she liked the flowers.

"Ummm... Preeti "

"Yes

"You - you look beautiful."

"Thanks. Riki got me this dress last year for my birthday."

"Nice. It suits you well."

"You look good too. I'm sure if there are women around wherever we're going, they won't stop staring at you."

"They won't. I'll have you with me."

"Still doesn't matter. They are gonna look."

"Would you mind that?" I was actually expecting a Yes from her, don't know why? but she's Preeti dude, you can never guess what she's going to say.

"No, not at all. I won't mind."

"Uh-huh."

"Well if you stare at them then that would be a different argument." She said with her eyes narrowed.

"Umm-hmm!" I was mind dancing. She's possessive and jealous kind. It'll be fun to tease her some day.

Wouldn't it be more fun seeing yourself with a band-aid on the head next day!

Ohh Shut-up. She won't do anything like that.

She won't right?

"Akhil? "

"Yes "

"I've called your name 3 times. Where are you lost. Man please focus. Remember you promised Papa."

"Yes yes don't worry. Were you saying something?"

"I was asking how was your day?"

"Good." I said looking at the road. "Except for time I was with your brother. " I murmured under the breath.

"Did you say something?"

"Nope. How was yours?"

"Not that great. There's this task our team has received and our Boss is going all red on us."

"I understand. Even though we love our jobs, it can be hectic sometimes."

"Yeah."

I switched the radio and Enna Sona song started playing.

Wahh kya timing hai!
[Wow what a timing!]

A pretty woman a.k.a my future wife is sitting beside me in the car all dressed gorgeous, we're going for a date, first one in our lives and now this song starts playing. What could I ask more for right now.

That Preeti likes the date!

Third Person POV~

The car halted as they reached the location. Akhil got down and opened the door for Preeti. He forwarded his hand hesitantly for her while she held it smiling at him, she got down of the car. They were in front of a restaurant. Akhil asks her to come with him.

"Akhil, this place looks amazing, but isn't it a little expensive?"

"Preeti it's our first date. Please don't think about all these."

"But...."

"Preeti, please."

"Okay."

A man in a black formal suit came near them.

"Mr.Agnhiotri? "

"Yes."

"Please this way sir." He said pointing towards a direction. Akhil had already reserved their seats.

The man took them to a secluded area which was specially for candle light dinners. He showed them their seats.

"I hope you enjoy your time sir, ma'am."

"Yes thank you." They said in inusion.

Preeti was about to sit when Akhil stopped her and pulled the seat for her. He gestured her to sit down.

"Thank you " She said giving him a smile.

Akhil also seated himself.

"Akhil this-this is so beautiful. I really wasn't expecting all this."

"You liked it?"

"It would be an understatement if I say I liked it." Her eyes kept admiring the setup of the table. Scented Candles, flowers, the ambience, and the soft music in the background made her heart flutter.

"I hope this is not too much cliché for you? "

"Never! I used to find these things cliché but it was few years back you see. I can't tell you how overwhelmed I feel right now."

"Thank God!" He murmured.

"Did you say something?"

"Umm... No nothing. I'm happy you liked it."

"Akhil this is the second time I'm hearing you murmur. If there's something you can tell me."

"Ummm..."

Preeti looked at him with her eyes narrowed.

He definitely was thinking about something.

"Actually I-I was really nervous to bring you here."

"Why?"

"Because.... "

"Because?"

"Because of your brother."

"Huh?"

Flashback ~

Akhil was in his cabin looking for a good restaurant on his laptop. He couldn't speak to Neharika because he was too shy to ask her about Preeti's preference for the date. He talked to Meera instead and she told him to look for a good restaurant with candle light dinner. Preeti loves candles and candle light dinners.

Just then his cabin door opened revealing Vivaan. Akhil looked up and then quickly changed the tab on his laptop. Vivaan noticed his senior getting nervous after seeing him and hurrying his work.

"All fine sir? "

"It's lunch time. What are you doing here? " Akhil asked bluntly.

"Can I have a talk with you? "

"About?"

"Di"

Akhil wasn't actually interested to talk to anyone at that time but hearing Preeti's name he gestured Vivaan to have a seat.

"Actually I know you are taking Di on a date tomorrow." He said after sitting down on the chair.

"Hmm.. So?"

"Nothing, I just came here to give you some tips."

"And do you think I need them from you?"

"Well, if it's about my sister you surely need them." He said with a smirk.

Akhil never in life would take suggestions from Vivaan but since he's Preeti's brother he might be a help.

"Hmmm... Speak then. I don't have much time."

"First things first, don't be cheesy...."

"Vivaan just tell me what food and ambience she prefers that's all. Rest I'll see." Vivaan was cut in between by Akhil.

"Hmm... Fine then.... If Di doesn't like the date then don't come to me that I didn't warn you."

"Warn me? About what?"

"Actually Di doesn't like people being to much cheesy or clingy, they look deep. I remember once she spill a whole glass of water on the guy when they went for lunch."

"But she never went on dates?"

"Yaa, it was just a casual meet. He was being too cheesy you know. Speaking too sweet, calling her name sweetly, pick up lines. So please you don't repeat the mistake OK."

"Uh-huh"

"And also once you know she went on a blind date and the guy tried to hold her hand but instead she just punched him hard. Damn his nose was so red.

You might be aware of how handsome you are Sir. You with a red nose, no no, won't look good right. "

My handsome face with a red nose! No no no!

"Ahem..... OK I'll... I'll keep that in mind."

"So I'll take a leave now sir😬. Have a good time."

Khaak good time. Tension deke chala gaya.
[What good time? Went away giving a tension]

Flashback ends ~

"I even gave a second thought about our date you know."

When Akhil was done speaking Preeti broke into a laughter.

"Akhil, he was just pulling your leg. I can't believe you gave up on his words."

"Yeah, my bad. So all those were lies right?"

"Nope note at all. They were true. But the way he told you was surely just half the story."

"Means?"

"I did throw water on that guy but because he was trying to be clingy and the punch was because that guy was a total prevert, that blind date didn't even turn out to be a date."

"Ohh..." Akhil said.

'Brat, I'll see you tomorrow in the office' Akhil thought with a small frown.

"You both, seriously! I sometimes feel how you're still surviving in the same office until now." Preeti said shaking her head as she clearly sensed what might Akhil be thinking.

Akhil called the waiter for their order and after asking Preeti her choice he placed their order .

After the waiter was gone they started talking again.

"Let's play a rapid fire asking questions about each other, what say? " suggested Preeti.

"Sure why not. You start. "

"OK.... Favorite color? "

"Black your's?

"Blue"

That's why Vansh forced me to wear blue on that day. Looks like these people were fully prepared.

"OK next... Movie?

"Yeh Jawani Hai Diwani. Yours?"

"Any which has Ranbir in it. Favorite actors?"

"DP and Akshay Kumar."

"Ooo... Good choice." She said nodding her head.

"Preeti I had few questions to ask. Is it OK if we could continue the rapid fire after that?"

"Sure sure. Go ahead."

"You said yes with your own will right?"

"Why suddenly this question? I mean you didn't ask this last time we met. Then now why are you having doubts now?"

"No it's not like that. I-I just want us to be together with our own will, and not because of someone's pressure or something."

"Uhh-Huh. For your information Mr. Agnhiotri I said YES with my own will. If I didn't like you I would have rejected. That's what I've done five times before I met you. I just couldn't say No....." She stopped speaking as she realized what she was about to say next.

Akhil was listening to her intently. He wanted her to complete what she was about to say but let it be. Instead he gave her a nod with a small smile.

"Next?"

"Huh?"

"Next question Akhil."

"Ohh...Ummm..." He thought for a while. This was the pretty much only question ringing in his mind.

"Nope nothing else."

"You sure?"

"Yupp... I got to know you've never dated anyone already so no point asking it again. Further I don't have any questions for now."

"OK so we can continue our rapid fire right?"

"Yes yes.... So my turn right?"

"Yupp... Go ahead"

"Your first......."

And this way they talked for the next 2 hours. Meanwhile there food also arived. They kept talking even after that.

Akhil was having the time of his life. He had realised that he's a changed man with Preeti. He's just like the old grinning and excited self. He missed his old self. No matter how much ever he tried his self conscious behavior never let him come out of his shell.

Looks like time's changing. There's not even a single moment with her where he doesn't wants to smile or grin.

After dinner they both head out. As soon as Akhil sat on the driver's side he heard Preeti call him.

"Akhil...."

"Yes?"

"Thank you. I had a really good time."

"Well, even I had a good time with you. I didn't even realize the time."

"So now home right?" Preeti said sounding low.

"Looks like someone doesn't wants to go. If your father has no problem with half an hour extra I would like to take you somewhere else as well."

"Umm... No he won't mind. He's just a little protective about me Akhil. Don't think too much about it."

"I didn't, don't worry. So shall we go then."

"Yeah sure. Let's see what else Mr. Agnhiotri has planned!" She said excitedly.

Akhil chuckled at her excitement.

After 10 minutes their car halted in front of an ice cream parlor.

"Akhillll...." Preeti called his name in excitement.

Akhil very well knowing the reason behind it just hummed.

She pointed towards the Ice Cream Parlor. "Can we have one please!" she demanded like a kid.

"Sure ma'am. Infact we're here for it.
I've been informed about your love for ice creams."

"Oh.... Someone knows a little more about me than I expected. I'm impressed. "

"Of course. Had to bribe some people to get out this information. Flavour?"

"Didn't ask anyone?" She said teasingly.

"No. I wanted to ask you. Now would you please kindly tell me which flavor."

"Black current!"

"OK... Will be right back ma'am."

Wow... ice-cream. It's been ages I've haven't had one.

Do two days means ages?

Yes it does.

Preeti looked straight and their time at the restaurant kept rewinding in her mind.

Meanwhile Akhil came back with two ice cream cups in his hands. Sitting inside the car he handed the Black Current one to Preeti and kept the chocolate one for himself.

"My lady.... Your ice cream. "

"Thanku"

Wait did he... Did he just say MY LADY!

Hearing him made Preeti's heart flutter. She felt something which can't be explained. He was eating as if he had casually said it but she suddenly had hundreds and thousands of butterflies in her.

"I'm done. I think we should head towards your home now. "Akhil said finishing his ice cream.

Preeti just nodded while she enjoyed her favorite flavor. In reality more than the ice cream she was savoring the moment. The date, candle light dinner, flowers, music, ice cream, it all felt like a dream to her.

They reached home in 15 minutes.

"Bye Akhil. This was indeed one of the best times of my life. " she said as Akhil opened the door for her.

"Really? I'm glad you enjoyed. This time would be memorable." He said smiling.

"Yes it would be. Bye. Drive safe." She said while getting down

"Byee Preeti. Good night."

"Good night Akhil."

This was all new to her. She felt something when she's with Akhil. The comfort, safety, assurance he gave her, was all so overwhelming. It's been years that she changed herself to be the pillar of her family, to be strong, to cage her vulnerability, to suppress her trauma.

She has started trusting him. Just two meets and she already admires him. She's aware of the fact that she doesn't knows all of him yet, but she's ready to see every side of him. If anyone would have said a few months back that she'll feel butterflies for a man she would have just laughed but now the scenario is that everytime she thinks about him she feels butterflies.

This isn't love! There's still time for it! But then why I've developed a soft corner for him. That too so soon. This attachment and connection is unexplainable.

*********

So they went on a date!!

What do you think peeps? How was there date?
Not one of those super romantic ones I know. I'm sorry if I dissapointed you there.

I hope you all liked the chapter.

How was Akhil calling Preeti "My Lady'? Do you it's just Preeti whose feeling butterflies?

QOTD: what's your dream date : beach, movie, dinner, picnic, park, or anything else?
(Don't say you never gave a thought to this 😏)

Next update would be soon.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

104K 9.9K 29
"I don't have any expectations from this marriage, nor am I looking for love," he said. "I am entering into this marriage merely to honor my promise...
24K 1.8K 16
"π‘ͺ𝒂𝒏 𝑰 π’ˆπ’†π’• 𝒂 π’Œπ’Šπ’”π’”? 𝑨𝒏𝒅 𝒄𝒂𝒏 π’šπ’π’– π’Žπ’‚π’Œπ’† π’Šπ’• 𝒍𝒂𝒔𝒕 𝒇𝒐𝒓𝒆𝒗𝒆𝒓?" β€’β€’β€’ "Only 5 months into this marriage, and we'll part our...
598K 33.6K 38
[FEATURED]Thrown together on a one month long honeymoon, Vansh and Ahaana had to live under one roof in an apartment, away from chaos, to accept each...
4.2M 221K 151
❀️ Completed ❀️ She brings two coffee mugs in her hands and sees that he is busy with his work, she does not want to disturb him in any way, so she i...