𝐖𝐡𝐨'𝐬 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐑𝐞𝐚𝐥 𝐕�...

By grilledbread

In a world of black and white, good and evil, yin and yang. What happens if you always thought you were the g... More

Prelude(Intro and Info)
Chapter 1- Starting Off with a Bang
Chapter 2- Whos My Dealer?
Chapter 3- Consider the Deal
A/N
Chapter 4- The Good Guys
Chapter 5- Bandana
Chapter 6- Cuddly
Chapter 7- 6:00PM
Chapter 8- Black Star
Chapter 9-Welcome Home
A/N, thank you!!
Chapter 10- Direct Messages
Chapter 11- Scorching Droplets
Chapter 12- The Early Bird
Chapter 13- Napkin, Fork, Knife
Chapter 14- Dinner
Chapter 15- Confrontational
Chapter 16- Lucky Fellas
Chapter 17- Make Daddy Proud
Chapter 18- Tent
Chapter 19- Dead Weight
Chapter 20- ROOF(s)
Chapter 21- Backup?
not an update ! just shits and giggles
Chapter 22- Soot
Chapter 23- Phone Call
Chapter 24- Trust
a/n !
Chapter 25- Elegant
a/n !
Chapter 26- Towel War

Chapter 27- Fancy

243 11 21
By grilledbread

a/n
my mental health is ass LMAO but im gonna try and knock out the whole masquerade/execution in this chapter, so buckle in :].

Chapter 27
Y/N POV

As the final remnants of the steam from the piping shower dissipated into the vents above me, I glanced at myself in the mirror. The dress clung to my curves, the folds of the dress folding naturally upon my body. The dolled up makeup creating the effect of smooth skin. The eyeliner so sharp it could cut anything that got in its way.

Almost too good.

Leaving the bathroom, I saw Dream cuffing his sleeves, pulling at the seams to straighten them. His off white undershirt covering the muscles underneath, but the thin sleeves accentuating every nook and cranny. He had a vest to top it off, giving his body the shape of a triangle.

"Looking good, won't lie." I said, my eyes everywhere but his own. I had a grin on my face, watching how the outfit framed him.

"Oi, my eyes are up here, doll." His voiced dripped with sarcasm. When we made eye contact I could see his eyes widen, before settling once more.
"What'd you say about eyes up here?" I giggled at myself before we both heard a yell down the hall.

"OI!" Ponk's thick accented voice yelled, "We got places to be be!"
I ran through Dream and into our room, with haste, grabbing everything. Phone, earphone for communication, a mini purse given with the dress, a silk pair of gloves and of course, a mini blade to strap underneath the dress. I ran back out of the door, Dream still standing there.
"Hey, let's go! What are you waiting for, bean stalk?" I grabbed his hand and ran to the front gates.

There awaited Ted and Ponk. Ted was wearing a charcoal black vest, the white button up shirt taking place for the sleeves. I looked over to Ponk, his outfit similar. He had a wine red suit, his undershirt black.

"I mean, we look like we're ready to either kick ass or eat ass." Ponk stated nonchalantly.
"What??" Dream started laughing, his palm meeting his forehead. I started chuckling, my fingers were pinching the bridge of my nose.
Ted simply huffed with a half laugh.
"Let's get going before Schlatt kicks our asses."

And out we were, for a long 5 hour drive. Without the traffic. Dear lord.

time skip bc i don't have a lot of motivation to write nonsense :]

6:30, watching every scene change and morph before my eyes, only to be greeted by the night. The moon was no longer with us though as we were pulled into some sort of dark lot, way beneath any first floor level. The only lights that followed were the weak fluorescent bulbs lighting up the dark parking lot. Then the car came to a light stop, the sound of 4 buckles all undoing at the same time filled the air.
Ted turned around, holding 4 deep red 'X' pins.

"Clip these on you somehow, whether it be hair or suit," He glanced at Dream and then me "Put it on. We're supposed to be labeled into groups, everyone will have one."
"We're marking who we work for? Feel like that doesn't give away any info of sorts." Dream chipped in, his eyes half lidded with sarcasm. I nudged him with my elbow, Ted gave him a "Im done" look before saying what he needed.
"We're not giving anything away. These pins," He held them out closer to me and Dream "just so happen to not be the same at all."
As i looked closer, he was right. All of them were different curves, each corner tilted a different way, even the colors were different shades.
"If any of us drop a pin, they won't be able to track down the rest. But when we're at the entrance, they'll look almost the same under such dim lighting. Just, promise me with this one." He smiled, and we all took one.

My pin went immediately into my hair, while Dreams was put on his suit. We all opened our doors, the empty parking lot offering nothing except what seemed like an abandoned stairwell up. My eyes widened, and a whine left my throat.
" Are we going up right now, Vision? Up the fucking stairs?" Ponk laughed at my disbelief, e before he answered himself.
"You know I hate the name Star. What if you were 'Frejya?' Or, 'V'?"
"V?" My brows furrowed, V?
"V for Vendetta."
"I don't know-"
"Yes!" Dream yelled, "That's perfect! V for Vendetta! Now we can leave my stupid loopy legacy out of my every day life! Fucking, yes!" Dream cheered and I simply scoffed. I turned to Ted to which he smiled and shrugged, seemingly agreeing with the change.

Then we came to the dreaded staircase. And when it was opened, to my surprise it opened to a red velvet cushioned elevator. The metal plated with gold, each button ready to light up with a bright white.
"Complaining still?"
"Shut your mouth Ponk."

Floor 23. 23 dings, 1 minute and 17 seconds.

"Go in, adjust, adapt to environment, seduce, kill, and out." Ponk said looking straight at me.

21 dings.
Ding.
And out into a lobby we were. I felt the adrenaline settle into the back of my head, on a passive mode. The halls were covered with gold plated metals, high chandeliers, marble walls, a wine red carpet leading us down to two big doors.

We stopped in front of a guard, he was dressed in a dark blue polyester suit, dark brown locks falling into his face. He had deep dimples, and round-like glasses. He reminded me of George, and I smiled to myself.
"Party of four." Ted said with a wide smile, handing over an invite of some sort.
The brunette looked it over, giving a weird snare before handing it over to a lady we didn't even notice.
Her dark purple hair rolling down right below her chest. She had a dark purple, almost black dress with an chest opening, accentuating her chest area. She was drop dead gorgeous. I could feel the tips of my ears start to become hot. She looked at our group, before looking us all up and down. Me specifically. Her teeth made an appearance when her lopsided grin took over her face.
"All go in, except for the lady." Her thick Irish accent fogged my brain. She was stunning.
"We can't do that-" Dream started before Ponk put a hand on his chest.
"What seems to be the matter?" He asked politely. She looked at the two men before her eyes went into contact with mine again.
"Just wanted to know her name." She winked.
"Well, V?" Dream asked.
"I-I'm not sure-" I tried to spit out, but every word came out strangled. Then I felt myself float a little, I was no longer in control of myself. I was in the state of almost reaching a dream of sort-
that sly morherfucker.
"No, I have to go in. After though?" I said a bit slower and slurred, his quirk really did have effect on you.
"Hmm, well I'll always be open for you, darling. Just call my name at any point."
"And that is?"
"Minx."
She let us through, but not before grabbing my hand when and kissing it. I flashed a small smile at her before walking in.

"Almost lost it for someone that wasn't the target already?" Ponk whispered into my ear, and I giggled.
"Did you see her?? She was gorgeous!" I felt a bit of a push at my side, causing my giggles to die down.
"I don't think I've ever seen you drool for someone so hard." Dream said, though there was a tone of some sort of emotion I couldn't exactly pick out.
"I've drooled over you, you're just blind." I stated, matter of fact-ly, and the sounds of clinking glasses and loud talking came into earshot. The notes of a classic piano filling the air. The dim lights making everyone blend into crowds of dark colors a lot easier. We had finally we made it to the main crowd.

People dressed from top to bottom in expensive jewelry and accessories. Sleek or catchy dresses covered with fur scarfs and excessive dangling earrings. Rings all too big for their own good.
You know the plan. He's upstairs in a VIP lounge made just for him. Get him comfortable, get him buttered up, look for vulnerability. An execution.

The group looked at each other before all looking at one another. We all nodded, a form of acknowledgment of what we had to go through with.
Ponk and Dream strayed off to the sides, left and right. Ted stayed behind us all, he was to look out for us through the back. And of course, I went forward. Straight to the staircase.

But that would've been too obvious, and we all knew it. Walking through the mixed crowd of sober and drunk bodies, I moved along w the beat. Making it seem as though my hips were simply swinging with efficiency through the crowd.
At one point, my heart beat became one with the music. I slowed my advance to the staircase when someone's hand caught mine.
It was Minx.

"Lovely seeing you here, love." She said, my hand she held in hers, pressing her lips to my knuckles.
"I can dance for a few minutes." I said nonchalantly.

She placed her hands on my waist, while mine hooked around her neck. Our feet formed the pattern of a box, she smiled and stared into my eyes.
"You know, you're awfully addicting to look at." Her thick accented voice stated, abruptly putting me in a spin, dipping me promptly afterwards.
"I could say the same about you, Minx. You're a looker and a half, darling." I said while smirking.
Our bodies swayed together in a perfect motion for moments, our feet never lagging.

"Hey! Get over yourself and get a move on!" I heard Dream's voice demand in my ear piece. I simply brushed him off before staring at Minx once more. I brushed stray strands out from her face before smiling, disconnecting our rhythm.

"I've got to, places and people to be," I chuckled "I'll see you again maybe later tonight?" I asked, knowing she wasn't going to make an appearance after what was to happen.
"Well you know where to find me sweet cheeks," she glanced at the bar in the far corner, decorated top to bottom with the catchiest bottles of alcohol "A shot or two never hurts something that could be more." She winked and giggled, before abruptly pulling me into a kiss. Our lips met and my eyes went wide. I sunk into it before separating.
"Catch you later, maybe." I threw her a wink before making my way through crowds of bodies again. I could taste her lingering lipstick on my lips which only made me grin.

"Damn, V! Getting bitches!" I heard Ponk whisper-yell into my ear moments before the red velvet staircase made its view to me.

The people started to dissipate once the stairs started, I looked at the people who looked on the balcony; one of which was Dream. A glass of what seemed to be white wine, holding a conversation with a lady and a man. Making my way up the stairs, I felt the excitement begin to bubble and flow.

I pulled out a pocket mirror from my purse, checking my makeup. The remnants of a burgundy lipstick tone was left on my lips, to which I simply blended in with the gloss on my lips. Shifting the mirror over, I spotted Vision alone drinking. His foot tapping the seconds that passed. I turned to the left section of the upstairs, and there Ponk was. Looking over the balcony, hands on the rail. Analyzing.

"Ready?" I whispered as my finger touched the ear piece.
"Ready."
"Affirmative."
"Initiate, V."

The final steps of stairs and I was at the top. There was a classy bar at the top, and beyond that was a hall. To what I assume would be Nathaniel. I made my way to the bar, the glasses shiny and reflecting anything that their clear surfaces could get their hands on. The bar had a few folks, all mingling with one another as the bar tender stood shaking whatever condition he had the bright idea to make. He saw me and walked over.
"Anything for you?"
I thought for a second, "No, simply watching." I said with a sly smile. He nodded and continued his shaking.

The lounge was only a hall away. I slipped from the crowd and toward the back where it was. My feet were making progress before a hand harshly met my shoulder, successfully stumbling me back a few feet.

"What are you doing back here?" What seemed to be a security guard asked.
"I'm here to see him." I said nonchalantly. His hand yet to falter from its position, I gave more.
"Nathaniel Walsh. He's here, I got the personal invite in to his lounge." I pulled out a little card from the purse that Ted had given me at the beginning of the car ride and held it out.
The security guard waited a moment, and then took it. He whispered something into a mic that connected from his ear to his shirt. He nodded and then looked back at me.
"Pin?" He asked.
"As in a number-"
"Group pin."
"Oh!" I said while grabbing the 'X' from my hair. He analyzed it, shoving it in his pocket.
"Go ahead."

He moved out of the way and the long hall with a door at the end came into view. The hallways were covered with paintings of what I assumed to be previous successors of the business, and lots of paintings of drinks. When I reached the door I knocked five times.

The dark wood door opened into a spacious room, a few men here and there. Games of blackjack and poker taking place on separate tables, stacks of chips placed everywhere to symbolize the money they were putting in the line. One of the men turned and smirked. He put his fingers in his mouth, causing an obnoxious whistle. I grimaced at him before looking at the man of the room.

In the middle there he sat, a deep copper color suit to compliment his pale complexion. His eyes were a deep brown, his hair a black color slicked back by thick layers of gel.
Everything seemed so familiar. The way the corners of his mouth curved upright and the way his eyes shut when he smiled.
He's on the tip of my tongue.

When he made eye contact with me he immediately mouthed an 'aha' before clicking his cup of wine with a metal knife. In no time every man had filed out, and it was just him and I.

"Take a seat, welcome." He said with a large smile. He put his hands together on the table before giving me a look that I couldn't pick out exactly.
"Money. That's what your agency sent you here for, right?"
I simply nodded, knowing I didn't know a damn thing he was talking about.
Butter him up.

I slipped my hands on top of his, beginning to fiddle with his cuffs. His eyes immediately darted down, before looking back at my eyes.

"I'm glad you guys confided in me, with the amount of power I hold I was worried it would get to my head!" He threw his head back and laughed.
"Desperate times call for desperate needs," I stalled for a second, open him up. "I can't imagine how hard it must be to be thrown into the head of this kind of industry. How gray hairs you've had to pluck due to the senselessness of the people around you." I pouted my lips and out my hand to his jaw, caressing the smoothed jawline.
"Well, sure it's difficult-" He began to sweat, I could see his pupils begin to dilate. Conversation about himself is what really turned him soft? Dear lord.
"Oh but you make it seem so easy. Your stature and stance is so perfect all of the time," My hands began to traverse downwards, focusing on his collar "I aspire to be as strong as you, your achievements amaze me. What can't you do?"
His smile began to falter, one of my hands left his collar to sit on his knee. I begin to push my head into my shoulder, lashes batting at him.
He put his finger into his collar before leaning forward with a smile.
"Well some honey will always be tainted by the lack workers, wouldn't you say?" He began to go on a tangent of how amazing he was, but that line took me off guard.

I froze. He was the kid I joined the agency with. We were both stuck and lost together, pulled into the agency. We never left each other's side until one day he disappeared.
Nicholas Walen.
I snapped myself out of it, looking over his features once more while in character. He grew into his features fairly well.

"You okay there?" I must've dozed off while staring at him. My hand on his knee tightened once more. I smiled at him.
"So what got you into this industry?" I just wanted to know.
"Well I joined in with this girl, we stuck by each other through the whole thing," He took a deep breath before leaning back against the wall "then I realized how fucking crazy she was." He began to chuckle.
This fucking bitch.
"I couldn't stand her, so I left! Sure she was powerful, but fuck was she annoying. I left, and this business picked me up." He picked up the hand that left his collar a while ago, picking it up and kissing the inside of my palm with half lidded eyes fulls of lust.
"And now we're here."

All of the sudden, I didn't feel so bad that his name was on the hitlist.

"Why don't you get closer, I don't bite." He winked at me, and I gave him a grin. He patted his lap, awaiting for my acceptance to his invite. I slid around the table, moving one leg over his until I was cradling him. His hands explored the curves of my body. I began to bite and nibble his neck, before I leaned foward toward his ear,
"I'm not crazy, you were just annoying."
Before grabbing the blade from underneath my skirt. Going for his neck.
His hands immediately grabbed my wrist holding the blade, the struggle to keep it from going through his porcelain skin making me want to laugh.

"You crazy, bitch! I knew you looked familiar!"
"You're the one calling me crazy? Aw shucks, feels like a compliment more than anything."
"I should've never trusted you from the beginning! There was always something up with you! Now look at you, you backstabbing whore!" He yelled to which I chuckled and simply mustered, "You fell for it didn't you?"
I winked before my other hand went to knock his hand off. His hand let go of my wrist with a struggle, leaving an opening for the blade straight to his neck.

My arm was moving fast until I heard a struggled
"stop!" from him. And I did.

"Give me one reason I shouldn't kill you, you narcissistic cunt."
He gasped and wiggled underneath me, his form crumbling as he lost all his composure.
"Fuck. You." He seethed out.

"Wrong answer!" And the knife embedded into his skin. He struggled, weakly trying to grab it from his flesh but to no avail.
"I'm the crazy one, yet you're the one on the hitlist. Ironic, huh?" I said before giving him one good punch to the noggin. He was out, and for good. I got off him, rolling my shoulders. I pulled the knife back out, his neck a nice shade of a rustic red. I smiled and tapped my ear piece.

"He's gone." My voice shook with excitement, and the earpiece caught it because I could hear Ponk chuckle.

"Just in time, your lover girl is looking for you. But we also need to leave. You know the plan?"

I knew the plan, and it was the stupidest we could think of. I covered his stab wound with a cloth napkin from the bar, spilling a drink on himself to make it look like he was out drunk. I threw a condom wrapper on to the table and undid his belt a bit.
"Well at least it looks like you had fun."

I ruffled my hair and smudged my makeup. I walked out from the lounge, with a glass of wine. Pretending my legs were jello.

I walked out and glanced weak smiles at the men who stared and drooled at me. I looked around and saw Dream. I made a fast beeline to him, but he was his midconversation, so I did what any  sane person would do.

"He cheated on me! I can't believe it!" I put my face into my hands and pretended to fake bawl. I assumed Dream caught on because immediately I heard.
"Oh baby, im so sorry, let's go," He turned to the group and waves his hand "Sorry to cut everything short." And we walked towards the big doors we once entered through. As soon as our feet met the stairs, screams filled the air. Dream and I stilled and turned to see the commotion behind us.
"He's dead! He's dead! Call the guards!"
Alarms starting off and guards starting sprinting our direction.
"It's her! We saw her with him last!" A random bystander started to screech at the top of his lungs, his fingers pointing at me. Dream and J started to sprint down the stairs.

"Just go! Only fight if it is initiated-" Ted started to yell into our ears, as if on cue guards surrounded us. Dream and I were back to back in fighting going positions,
"You ready to go, big man?" I whispered over my shoulder. I could hear him snicker
"When am I not?" I felt Dream leave my back and immediately initiate the fight. So I took it as my cue to start my own little show.

Someone immediately went for the punch to which I ducked, knowing his feet out beneath him. A guard immediately came at me with a baton of some sort, so I picked up the body I had knocked over and used him as a shield. Once he was done getting battered I threw him into the little crowd in front of me, effectively knocking a few over. Punches were swung at me, batons thrown and all missed. I finally got sick of it before letting my wings out. A big swoop into the air knocking them all down. I located Dream grabbing him the arms before touching my ear piece.

"I'm gonna grab us and go, we don't have time to dilly daddle!"
"Put me down- I was just starting having fun!"
"As much as I love to fight too- I still want my pay."
I located Ponk on the top balcony knocking out people efficiently. The little pile of unconscious bodies starting to pile at his feet. And he still had a smile on his face. I threw Dream over my shoulder nearing Ponk, letting one of my hands down for him to grab.
He reached his hand up and grabbed my own.
"Hey free Uber much?" He yelled while laughing.
"Stop laughing- it's contagious!" I yelled, to which he started to calm down. Still giggling causing a smile on my own face.

Nearing the entrance, I finally found Ted. Cornered, struggling as he had the biggest group on him. I dropped the two boys on the ground at the crowd, and they started knocking out the men cornering Ted from behind. This took the attention off of Ted, giving him a moment to look up and smile at me, the sweat glistened on his forehead and the dim lights reflected in his eyes.
"Thought you would have never come!"

I dropped down in front of him, my fingers starting to light up.
Golden bullets left my finger tips, leaving men in the ground. I must've been distracted because I felt a strong kick straight into my sides- and then another. And another. I was kicked into the ground, prioritizing protecting my face. I grew another arm protecting the ribs they were brutally kicking at.

"OI!" I heard a thick accented voice, and soon a crash happened. The dark purple haired woman was panting while holding a chair. She looked looked at me and smiled, holding out her hand.
"Didn't know a mercenary took so much interest in the opposing side." Minx winked.

"Hey we gotta go!" Dream yelled. I spread my wings, giving them a quick flutter.

"That's my cue," I sighed and looked at her "just know you're really fucking hot." I winked and flew up into the air.
I spotted Ponk and Ted knocking out the last few people. I swooped down to them, dropping down a hand which Ponk gladly took ahold of. Ted grabbed mine and I threw him over my shoulder.
I felt Ted lift up his arm and touch ear piece
"Dream we're picking you up, where are you?"

We heard a grunt before a strained 'upstairs!' was called. We flew over Ted and Ponk dangling. There Dream was, somehow managed at the upstairs with piles of bodies at his feet. I dropped down my other hand, and he took it.

My wings soared through the air, slicing the air as we made our way through the big entrance doors we once entered in through. We made it out to where the elevator was, but we opted to take the stairs. The flying down  the spiral staircase causing dizziness for us all, and finally we made it back to our floor. I dropped the men and we all immediately rushed into the car.
We all took a second for a breath-

"Mission success-" Ted started.
"I'm dizzy as fuck!" Dream yelled.
"So, you and that girl." Ponk said while sliding his mask over his head. His white hair damp with sweat, his face full of scars.
I blushed at the immediate thought of her, it was unfortunate our paths were probably never to cross again.
"Ooo, she's blushing!" Ponk laughed out.
"We all saw that kiss, V." Ted said while pushing the keys into the ignition.
Dream was silent, deadly silent. I glanced over at him and his eyes were fixed straightforward.

"Night-?"
"Okay what the fuck was that, you almost fucked everything over for a random stranger!" Dream yelled at me, clearly unhappy. 
My eyes widened,
"Hey why are you so upset at it? I'm not going to see her again-"
"You could've totally fucked everything! For some dumb chick you just met? What is wrong with you?" He turned to me accusingly, his eyes cutting with judgement.
"But I didn't, what? Are you just mad you couldn't get any bitches?" I snarled out.
"Are you fucking kidding me right now? You think that's what I'm worried about? You must be fucking dumb-"
"Do NOT call me dumb!"
"Well you set off-"

"ENOUGH." Ponk yelled, "Clearly, there is a lot of conflict but we," referring to him and Ted, "don't want to hear it. Settle this at home, take this time to rest." He said before he promptly turned back around facing the front window. I didn't even realize but we were out of the dark lot, the moon was high up into the air. I simply let out an exhale and faced the window.

One hell of an argument is waiting for us when we get home.

author here :]!!

sorry it's been so long, my mental health is actually ass right now but i've been getting my motivation back up, so I wanted to pound out this chapter for y'all :]

i hope you guys enjoyed !!
have an amazing day, don't forget to drink water :]

signing off!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

Fake Love By :)

Fanfiction

130K 3K 45
When your PR team tells you that we have to date a girl on the UCONN women basketball team and you can't say no to it... At first you don't think too...
916K 42.1K 62
Taehyung is appointed as a personal slave of Jungkook the true blood alpha prince of blue moon kingdom. Taehyung is an omega and the former prince...
1M 56K 36
It's the 2nd season of " My Heaven's Flower " The most thrilling love triangle story in which Mohammad Abdullah ( Jeon Junghoon's ) daughter Mishel...
2.3M 118K 65
↳ ❝ [ INSANITY ] ❞ ━ yandere alastor x fem! reader ┕ 𝐈𝐧 𝐰𝐡𝐢𝐜𝐡, (y/n) dies and for some strange reason, reincarnates as a ...