Chasing More Than A Trophy (R...

By ourchaeyoung

Arsenal youngster Y/N finds himself being pushed out on an unexpected loan move. Next thing he knows he finds... More

Getting a loan
Welcome to Seoul
Lunchtime
Finally Debuting
The First of Many
First Day on The Job
Not an Update
First Date
9 - Trouble Brews at Home
10 - Sleepover
11 - Beach Day
12 - Days Before Gangnam
Update but not the story
13 - Flowers in Gangnam
Another Random Update
Seeing Twice
14 - Messes will be Messi
Twice in LA
0.5: Sana's Destiny

15 - New Beginnings

924 44 19
By ourchaeyoung

Hello hello hello.... long time no see i suppose.

maybe like 6 months since the last update? to be fair.... there's actually no reason why it's been so long since the last update it just kinda took me a while to getting around to finishing.

my apologies for that but it's here and i hope that you all can enjoy this chapter as i get back into the flow of writing have hopefully can continue this momentum throughout the year. 

either way please enjoy the chapter and look out for an upcoming one star wars themed one shot!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The warmth of the sun peering through the window woke you up from the best sleep you've ever had, the hint of strawberries and vanilla welcoming you today unlike the more subtle hints of lavender that you found yourself near yesterday.

You tried to turn over but you felt something weighing down your right arm, when you took a look you were welcomed by the sight of a tattoo covered girl with the slyest grin appearing on her face.

At first you were surprised at the sight before you, a near identical recreation of what happened the previous morning with Mina, only this time instead of it being unexpected you were welcomed with the sight of Chaeyoung, accompanied with the memories of what happened last night and how you ended up in Chaeyoung's room rather then the guest room.

And no... nothing like that happened. But you're not suggesting that you would be opposed to the idea...

Clearing your mind from the intruding thoughts you found yourself just staring at Chaeyoung again, trying to wonder what you must've done in your past life to be able to be so lucky, playing football for your job and being able to wake up next to the Son Chaeyoung. 

You reminded yourself to go to a temple at some point and that whoever or whatever was looking out for you up there.

"Good morning Chae." You smiled at as you noticed her eyes peering awake.

"goo morin (y/n)" Chaeyoung barely managed out in her tired state as she gave you a slight smile.

"Sleepy?" You felt like you couldn't smile any wider you were proved wrong the longer you stared at her.

"mmmm" Chaeyoung hummed as she snuggled up closer to you, her eyes still closed.

"What if I go make us some breakfast?" You asked as you felt her warmth.

"i guess that works too." Chaeyoung managed to say as you begrudgingly left the comfort of her arm to make your way into the kitchen.

You began looking through the fridge trying to figure out what you wanted to eat. No eggs, no veggies, no fresh food, the only thing in there was a series of left overs and some Korean drinks you've never heard of... and a unfinished bowl of cereal?

"Whose is this?" You asked yourself, pulling the bowl out of the fridge.

"I think that was Mina's" You heard a soft voice from behind you.

Turning around you were shocked to find Tzuyu behind you, still in her pajamas and her hair still a mess.

"Good morning (y/n)." Tzuyu said, in a very matter of fact kind of way.

"G-good morning Tzuyu."

"Can I ask why you're going through our fridge?"

"I... was going to make breakfast..?" You tried to explain in the most normal sounding way possible.

"Oh you're not going to find anything in there worthy of an athlete. We'll have to go to the store. I'll go with you." Tzuyu said and before you could even answer she turned around and walked off. Leaving you a bit stunned as you just blindly agreed and went to get your shoes.

"Get yourself ready." Tzuyu said as she walked off to her room to get ready.

"Umm... sure." You confusingly answered as you headed towards Chaeyoung's room to freshen up, expecting to find her up and ready but instead she's sound asleep without a care in the world.

"Really?" You laughed before heading back out to find Tzuyu standing at the door dressed in a hoodie and hat.

"You ready (y/n)?" Her voice was sweet like honey as you called out to you.

"I guess so." You said as you followed Tzuyu out of the door as she lead you to the nearest grocery store.

"You kissed Chaeyoung!!?" Tzuyu pressed as she followed you down the halls of their building, grocery bags in hand.

"No, she kissed me."

"And you kissed her back?"

"No... I kissed her mouth." You said as you sped down the hallway.

"Hey! That's not funny! I need to know these things!" Tzuyu shouted after you, speeding up her walk to catch up with you.

"Why do you need to know though?" You whined as you turned around to face the younger girl.

"Because it's not fair that she gets her first kiss and first boyfriend before me! We agreed to have it at the same time~" Tzuyu stomped her feet in protest as the two of you made it to the elevator.

"I can't help you there Tzu and I'm not her boyfriend either." You sighed in a defeated tone.

"You could give me my fist kiss~" Tzuyu cooed as she rested her head on your shoulders, completely ignoring half of your answer.

"You know Chaeyoung would kill me if that happened." You let Tzuyu down with the best reason you could think of.

"So if Chaeyoung says you can you will?" Tzuyu asked but didn't even let you answer as she bolted out of the opening elevator doors leaving you to chase her down.

Chaeyoung was just sitting on the couch browsing through her phone as she was waiting for you and Tzuyu to return from the store with the groceries for tonight's dinner. Suddenly the front door is kicked open and Tzuyu instantly shouts.

"Chae, can I kiss (Y/N)?"

...

...

...

"Yeah sure." Chaeyoung nonchalantly answers, not even looking up from her phone.

"What do you mean 'Yeah sure'?!?!" You questioned Chaeyoung as you make your way into the dorm.

"Yeah, give Tzuyu a kiss."Chaeyoung said, finally leaning her head back to look at you.

"And you're okay with that?" You asked, stunned at the her answer.

"Well it's Tzuyu, everyone wants to kiss her but I think you'd be a good choice for her first. You were my first too so it's only fair." Chaeyoung explained.

"See! Chaeyoung agrees!" Tzuyu cheered as she put the groceries away.

"I feel like I'm just a piece of meat..." You sighed as you followed Tzuyu into the kitchen, not noticing the other presence in the room.

"I think you're more than a piece of meat." You heard a soft voice from behind you, whipping your head around you scanned the room back and forth looking for the source of that distinct voice.

"Right here (Y/N)" Her soft voice rang out again as you saw her raised hand from the corner of the living room, her dark hoodie blended her into the shadow so perfectly.

"Oh! Mina, how long were you sitting there..." You were hoping that she wasn't paying attention to what had been said instead focusing on her game.

"The whole time." Mina just blinked at you as you just stood there in nervous disbelief at the situation.

"So... you heard?" You made eye contact with Mina, her dark beads felt like they were burning a hole through your soul, whether it was with passion or judgement you couldn't tell.

"Depends."

"Depends on?"

"If you-"

"(Y/N)~ Where are you." Tzuyu called out to you from the kitchen, finally saving you from Mina's stare as you excused yourself to the kitchen.

"You too huh?" Chaeyoung asking Mina as soon as you had exited hearing range.

"What are you talking about?" Mina asked, raising her eyebrow.

"You wanna kiss him too huh?" Chaeyoung just blurted out.

"W-what are you saying?! Theres no way I would want to do that." Mina huffed, turning her body to the side and tuning back into her switch.

"Geez no need to be so coy Minari~" Chaeyoung cooed at her unnie. "He has really soft lips you know?"

"La La La~ I'm not listening to you."

"And he's surprisingly agressi-"

"CHAEYOUNG!" Mina shouted as she turned to face Chaeyoung, her face red from anger and embarrassment resulting in the younger bursting out in laughter.

"So... what should we cook?" You asked Tzuyu as you looked over all the things the two of you just bought.

"Ummm maybe we  can do pancakes? You're American you know how to make those right?" Tzuyu asked, flour and eggs in hand.

"I play for the American national team but I've lived in England since I was 13..." You explained. "How about... a Japanese breakfast?"

"Oh? I've never had that before, what's it have?" Tzuyu tilted her head in curiosity.

"I think rice, salmon, egg.... anddd I think miso or something. Maybe we can ask one of the Japanese girls." You suggested.

"Oh good idea! Go ask Chaeyoung if she knows where they are. I'll start the rice." Tzuyu answered as she went to open the underused rice cooker.

"Hey Chae do you know where- Mina? Since when were you here?" You asked the girl in the corner who was once again glued to her Nintendo Switch.

"Are you pretending that we didn't have that conversation just now?" Mina couldn't help but giggle at your antics.

"O-oh... well can you help with breakfast?"

"Hey! I thought you were asking me." Chaeyoung pouted after you asked Mina the question instead of her.

"Oh... ummm is there anything specific you want to eat Chae? We're making a Japanese breakfast." You switched your focus back to her.

"Hmmm...." Chaeyoung pondered her mind for answer before giving the most Chaeyoung answer in the universe. 

"Your love!" Chaeyoung had the biggest smile on her face.

"Oh god..." Mina gasped at her response.

"I think I lost my appetite..." Tzuyu said to herself as she turned back into the kitchen while you couldn't even answer before just turning around and heading back into the kitchen.

"Let's just start cooking..." You suggested.

"I'll be there in a second! Let me finish this level." Mina called out to you as you gave her a small nod before following Tzuyu into the kitchen.

You and Tzuyu looked at each other for a second before bursting out in a laugh at Mina's dedication to her switch before the two of you made your way to the kitchen leaving Chaeyoung on the couch and Mina pouting but you weren't sure if it was at your response of at the game.

"So you're really saying you wont kiss me?" Tzuyu huffed as she started whipping the eggs into a nice frothy yellow liquid.

"Tzuyu, I'm not sure how to explain it..." You tried to collect all your works to find a way for this to make sense. 

"Shouldn't your first kiss be... something special? With someone you like?" The sweat started to pool in your hands as you tried to wave away her ideas.

"And what if that's you?" Tzuyu suddenly turned around, your eyes met hers and you could feel the intensity in them and a warmth across your cheeks like you had been drinking.

"You can't joke like that Tzuyu..." You tried to joke it off as you watched the girl slowly approach you.

"And what if it's not a joke?" Tzuyu said again as she continued to near you, only stopping when your back made contact with the counter causing you to stop. "What if I want to kiss you? Right... Now..."

Right now you could feel your heart racing just as much as when you scored your first goal for Arsenal, just as much as when you made your debut. Maybe it's because of how forward Tzuyu was being, maybe it was the idea that Mina or Chaeyoung could walk in at any moment and catch the two of you.

You felt your adrenaline pumping, your palms were damp and your mind started to go blank as you were staring down towards Tzuyu, her long black hair along with her dark eyes were enchanting you under her spell, like a witch and her prey.

"You're joking right?" Your warm breath could be felt on Tzuyu face.

"And. If. I'm. Not?" Tzuyu answered her breath feeling equally as warm on your face. "What would you do then?"

"Then-"

...

...

...

"Sorry I took so long!" Mina huffed as she rounded the corner of the kitchen to find you staring out into space and Tzuyu working on the eggs. "So what can I help with?"

Mina started at you waiting for an answer and when you didn't respond her confusion only grew.

"(Y/N)?"

"Mina unnie can you help with the fish?" Tzuyu chimed up when you were unresponsive. "I think we should bake the salmon."

"Oh sure... You okay (Y/N)?" Mina asked as she walked past you towards the fridge to grab the salmon, rubbing your arm as she did walked by, giving you a jolt back to reality.

"Um... yeah." You answered rather flatly as you finally came to your senses. "I'll get started on the miso soup."

The only thing you could think of as you started to boil some water while preparing the kombu for the soup was how close Tzuyu actually got without making contact. Replaying the events over in your head again as you felt the lingering warmth of her breath on your lips. 

Thankfully you didn't have much time to just ponder on those thoughts as once Mina joined the two of you breakfast seemed to progress rather quickly, before you knew it the three of you were peacefully enjoying a nice hearty breakfast.

The four of you opted to sharing the couch rather than eating at an oversized dinner table, avoiding any awkward empty spaces. Since you all were sharing the couch it allowed for Mina to pull up some match highlights from this past season, much to your reluctance, the two other girls agreed and were very engrossed in your play.

"Okay there!" Mina paused and played back the video. "How did you know he was going to do that?" Alluding to your one-two with your winger where you receive the ball on the halfspin and instantly play your teammate through the defense.

"That must've been planned (Y/N)." Tzuyu agreed with Mina amazement at your play while Chaeyoung just quietly sat and watched the conversation happen.

"No, not planned at all... it was kinda one of those things where it felt like the right thing to do in that moment." You shrugged, talking a piece of salmon into your mouth. "You start building better knowledge with each other as your practice more."

"It's like how my just sync up sometimes where we're dancing, it just kinda happens right?" Chaeyoung said through a mouth full of rice.

"Ohh" "I guess that makes sense." 

"Exactly! I could never be able to do something like that." You agreed with Chaeyoung's example.

"Oh but I'm sure we'd like to see you try." Chaeyoung teased, to which the other two girls were equally enthusiastic about.

"W-well we'll have to see about that..." You nervously tried to avoid their confrontation.

"How about if you win the league you have to perform for us." Tzuyu suddenly suggested, leaning forward towards you.

"Oh that's not a bad idea." Mina agreed.

"Pffft okay sure, if  we win the league I'll do a whole showcase." You joked. "But just so you know we're in 9th currently."

"Out of how many teams?" Chaeyoung asked.

"12."

"oh..."

The three of you could barely hold back your laughter at Chaeyoung's reaction to your league standing. You all knew that she didn't really follow football but you all imagined that she would look somewhat more into it  but she never ceases to amaze you all.

You really enjoyed these little down moments with the girls, maybe it wasn't to the same degree as the most famous girl group in the world but your time under the spotlight could be really stressful and spending some down time with people in a similar situation to you was really calming. Not to say that your friends outside of your celebrity circles weren't relaxing but there was something about the shared understanding that made being with the girls better.

You just connected so well with them, better than most of the teammates you've had if you were being honest. You just felt like you could talk for hours and hours and hours and hours and... actually, when was the last time you checked the clock?

Taking a peek at your phone your heart skipped a beat when you realized what time it was.

"Oh shit sorry Chaeyoung, I've got to head to training now." You were apologetic that you weren't able to spend more time with her as you stood up from the couch, putting your dishes into the sink.

"Oh what are we? Chopped liver?" Mina gestured to herself and Tzuyu sitting on the couch.

"Oh don't give him a hard time, I'll see you later okay?" Chaeyoung smiled at you as she gave you a small wave as you disappeared behind the front door.

...

"Sooo... are we just not going to talk about (Y/N) and Chaeyoung?" Mina finally asked having enough of the question scratching at the back of her mind.

"Nope." Chaeyoung said as she got up and walked away to her room.

Mina just watched as Chaeyoung got up and walked away before turning to Tzuyu who was nervously twiddling her thumbs, trying her best to avoid eye contact with Mina.

"Tzuyu..."

"Y-yes.." Tzuyu stumbled over her words.

"Are you going to tell me or am I going to have to make you tell me?" Mina threatened in a half serious tone which Tzuyu took fully serious.

"I...i-i won't tell you." Tzuyu muttered.

"Your conviction is weak." Mina stared as she slowly approached her.

"Okay! Okay! I fold!" Tzuyu was quick to back down as Mina didn't even get to her yet.

"Chaeyoungand(Y/N)kissedlastnightandIwasjealoussoIaskedifIcouldkisshimtoo!" Tzuyu said everything she could all at once so could escape the embarassment.

...

...

...

Tzuyu started to sweat as Mina just stood there silently, unsure of what her unnie was think in this moment. Tzuyu's palms were getting a bit sweaty at this point as she continued to stare into Mina's unwavering eyes, about to call for Chaeyoung to come save her when Mina finally responded.

"Did he kiss you?" Was the only thing Mina said.

"N-no.. well, not yet, he said that it should be more special so he said to wait." Tzuyu answered once again.

"Interesting." Mina said as she stood up from the couch, retreating back into her room without turning back.

As soon as Mina was in her room and she felt the door closing behind her she pressed her back up against the wall and let out an exasperated breath that she had been holding onto since Tzuyu told her what happened between you and her.

"Would he kiss me too?" Mina asked herself as her face blushed at the idea of your lips meeting.

Pulling into the parking lot you let out a sigh of relief, you had just barely made it on time, pulling in 10 minutes before training started. But hey, at least you weren't late... this time.

"Oh! Hey (Y/n) congratulations!" You heard from around the corner as you walked into the training facility.

Not really knowing what they were talking about you just gave them a slight bow as you continued towards the dressing room only to be met with more congratulatory words.

"Good luck in the upcoming matches." "I'll be watching your games so you better win." "Let's go (Y/N)!"

'Okay... what is going on here? why is everyone talking to me?' You thought to yourself as you finally started to get yourself dressed for training, pulling over your training top and pulling your boots out of your bag.

"You don't look too happy considering the news." You heard a voice say from the side.

"Oh, Mr. Jin Sub I'm fine but what news? I'm not sure what everyone is talking about." You asked, hoping for some clarity on the situation.

"You really don't know?" He asked, his eyebrow perched up not much different than The Rock's iconic look.

"Nope. Not a clue."

"Well, it might just be easier to show you." Your manager responded as he pulled out his phone, swiping through for a little before showing you and image on the screen.

"The roster for the international break?" You were puzzled at first, but after a quick inspection you found your name lodged firmly between Gianluca Busio and your good friend Weston McKennie (Sorry Lletget I had to cut someone out).

(Also ignore the November 2021... :)

"Huh? I was called up to the national team? I haven't gotten a call about it, when was this released?" You dug for answers as you handed the phone back to your manager.

"Maybe a few hours ago? What were you up to? Feel free to give your agent a call before training." And with that you were left alone thinking back to all the things you were up to just moments ago with those three crazy girls before coming to training. Only to quickly refocus and pull out your phone to dial your agent.

"(Y/N)! What can I do for you kiddo." His cheery voice annoyed you.

"Daniel why didn't you tell me I got the call up?!" You were slightly annoyed at your agent for not informing you, given all the preparations that needed to be done.

"Well I thought you would be asleep." He responded with the upmost sincerity.

"Daniel... it's 10am here." You tried your best to hide your disappointment but you were sure that some came through.

"Well it's dark over here so forgive me." You were beginning to question your agent in moments like these. "But you still have about two weeks before you need to meet the team here in Kanas so don't worry too much. We're coming up against El Salvador and Canada so bring your A game okay? And also, don't get injured again. You're only just coming back."

"I know that." You couldn't help but get annoyed at the comment. 

"And learn your time zones." You said before abruptly hanging up, leaving your agent in some confusion as to if he did something wrong.

"Man I really need to consider who my agent is." You sighed as you walked into the locker room to find the silence harrowing. Realizing that training had already begun you quickly grabbed your cleats and ran outside.

"(Y/N) Hurry up! Just because you're going to the national team doesn't mean you can slack off!" You heard your coach call for you as you appeared from the building.

"Y-yes sir!..." You answered as you jogged out to the field to start warming up, a smile unconsciously growing on your face as you started your drills.

"Aaand one! and two!" Jihyo shouted out as the nine girls strike their ending pose to 'Alcohol Free' the huffing of some of the girls was the only thing that could be heard as they all stood still, some of them brushing the messy hair out of their faces.

A few moments of silence passed before the dance coach finally applauded them and called for a short break before resuming practice.

"Gyyahhh I love that song but it's sooo exhausting." Nayeon complained as she took a seat on the floor.

"You need to work on your endurance unnie." Dahyun said as she passed the sitting girl a water bottle.

"How do you expect to do perform a whole concert?" Jeongyeon questioned as she took a seat onto the couch in the corner of the room.

"Well usually the adrenaline start to kick-"

"Hey did you guys see this?" Momo called out to the rest of the girls, cutting Nayeon off mid sentence, earing a laugh from Jeongyeon.

"What? You're not showing us anything." Tzuyu responded as Momo kept staring at her phone.

"Oh well it says that (Y/N) was called up to play with the United States national team." 

"Oh no way when are the games?" Chaeyoung asked, finally looking up from her screen.

"Says here they're 3 weeks away." 

"Oh that's a while away isn't it?" Nayeon spoke up again after finishing her water. "It should be the world cup qualifiers right?"

"No those ended a while ago, this is the last international break before the world cup, against Canada and El Salvador."

"Oh I'm not sure if they'll beat Canada." Sana said again, this time going up behind Momo and taking a look at the selection. "Oh Dahyunnie your favorite player got called up too."

"W-who..." Dahyun pretended not to know what Sana was talking about.

"A certain Chelsea winger and the talisman for the US national team." Sana cooed at Dahyun who was trying to hide her smile. "The one you have a shrine of in your closet."

"H-hey! I told you not to tell anyoneeeeeeee" Dahyun whined as she shook her body in embarrassment.

"Shouldn't you be calling (Y/N) the talisman for the US?" Jeongyeon chirped up. 

"Well he hasn't really done it for them yet right?" Sana reiterated. "I love (Y/N) but he still needs to prove it."

"Don't let Chaeyoung hear you talk about her man like that." 

"He's not my ma-"

"Girls, I'm not exactly sure what you're all talking about or who (Y/N) really is but we need to get back to practice." The dance instructor finally chimed up as all nine girls embarrassingly got back into formation after their extended break. There were a few giggles as the music for Signal started playing and everyone thought of how they would congratulate you for you call up and a certain few members had great ideas.

"Geez it's been so long since I've slept here." You huffed as you finally set your bags down after a long day of training and some media work surrounding your recent call up. Not that it was a bad thing to get the attention you were just exhausted after the past few 'eventful' days.

"What time is it?" You spoke to yourself, checking your phone to see it was only 9:05 pm. You hadn't even had time to eat dinner it was so hectic.

'I guess I'll skip dinner tonight and just head to bed.' You though as you hoofed yourself out of bed and towards your bathroom, excited for a nice warm shower before bed.

Turning on some lo-fi beats you waited patiently for the water to warm up before welcoming yourself into a steamy oasis, the warm water, the echoing music, it really did well to set the vibe for tonight. A nice way to unwind and destress.

Just as you were getting out of the bathroom, a towel wrapped around your waist and one on top of your head you heard your phone vibrating on your night stand. Picking up your phone your eyebrows naturally scrunched when you saw the caller id.

Daniel (AGENT)

Giving a deep sigh you pressed the green call button as you brought the phone to your ear.

"Hello? Daniel?" You answered, confused as to why your agent was calling you, having just spoken to him earlier today.

"Yeah... I can talk now, why?"

"Huh? I need to go back to England? Why?!" Your voice pitched.

"A transfer offer? From who?"

"You'll tell me when I get there? Well it better be big if you're flying me out to speak with them." You sighed as you sat back down onto your bed.

"Have you spoken to the club about it?"

"No not Arsenal, Seoul...."

"Well as long as they agree. Will I be back in time for the game this weekend?"

"I guess that makes sense, I can train with them on Friday."

"Yeah alright I'll be there. Goodnight."

You hung up with a sigh and plopped onto your back, staring through the ceiling, your mind racing at the idea of who it could be. So many clubs, could it be Spain? Germany? Maybe France or Italy, it could be another English club, that would make things easy.

"Are Arsenal really gonna let me go?"

That was when something popped into your head.

"Twice."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

well there it is, chapter 15. how was it? hopefully not too bad :)

but how have you all been? miss me? well i missed writing so im glad to be able to post again. there's been so much that's happened and i have so many more tattoos now!

like i said earlier i have a star wars one shot coming out soon so please look forward to it!

and if you read this far... i love you <3 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

85.4K 2.7K 40
Kim Y/n, a girl who was forced to move to America and live with her mom. When her mom died she was left with her no good abusive step father. When he...
68.6K 4.2K 40
Stealing is what Y/N does for a living. But what would happen if she not only steals an expensive ring but also her victim's heart?
1.7K 52 9
Former Ghost Recon member, Y/N L/N lives in Seoul Korea, attempting to get back into the everyday life, until an incident leads to the meeting of a G...
30.1K 876 28
"Ill come back for you, I promise" What happens when one of the best mercenaries in the world, meets a member of a girl group and falls inlove with h...