forever yours • adam banks

By iwritewhenimboredlol

There's an old saying that goes, "People say you don't know what you've got till it's gone. But the truth is... More

characters
chapter one
chapter two
chapter three
chapter four
chapter five
chapter six
chapter seven
chapter eight
chapter nine
chapter ten
chapter eleven
chapter twelve
chapter thirteen
chapter fourteen
chapter fifteen
chapter sixteen
chapter seventeen
chapter eighteen
chapter nineteen
chapter twenty
chapter twenty one
chapter twenty three
chapter twenty four
chapter twenty five
chapter twenty six
chapter twenty seven
chapter twenty eight
chapter twenty nine
chapter thirty
chapter thirty one
chapter thirty two
A/N

chapter twenty two

544 11 31
By iwritewhenimboredlol

ella

I throw on the old Hawks hoodie that Alex gives me to wear, and hop on my bed next to him. We spend a while catching up until Alex leaves for practice. After he leaves, I start scrolling through Instagram and come across Sadie's post.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

liked by you, morganraeandersen, and 1,386 others
sadieross: so there's this boy...
👤tagged: cconway96
~comments~
morganraeandersen: MY BABIES
abanks99: online official i see @cconway96
———cconway96: get used to it bud
guygermaine00: yeah cap! @cconway96
———cconway96: why thank you
theavermeister: who did charlie pay to take this
———goldbergthegoalieofficial: ^^🤔
———cconway96: i'm gonna kill you both
dean21portman: attaboy!!! @cconway96
———cconway96: 😎😎
ella.walker: I'VE BEEN WAITING FOR THIS
———sadieross: HAHAH LOVE YOU
conniemoreau_: AWWW SO HAPPY FOR YOU
julesgaffney: so so cute!!
~view 243 more~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I of course, knew that they started dating. Charlie asked her out on Sunday, the day after the showdown. Sadie hasn't said anything about it though, due to Charlie's request. I'm assuming he's comfortable with it now, which is a good thing. They're so cute together, and I can't wait to see how their relationship develops.

I swipe out of Instagram and ask my mom to take me back to campus, since it's Halloweekend. She agrees and tells me when her and my dad will be home, since they're at my brother's baseball game. I take that time to pack my bag, which is definitely hard to do with my crutches.

After I finish packing, I pick up where I left off on Gilmore Girls before Alex came over. I honestly think I'm on my fifth or sixth rewatch by now, I'm so addicted to it.

My parents come home around three-thirty, and I make my way downstairs and into the car. I try to act as normal as possible, and I don't think they suspect anything. My house is only a ten minute drive to campus, so I don't have much time to talk to my mom other than getting filled in on Tyler's game.

Once we get to campus, I say goodbye to my mom and make my way to the dorm. As soon as I walk inside, I look over to see Charlie and Sadie fast asleep on Sadie's bed. She has her head on his chest, and his arms are wrapped around her. Morgan looks up from her phone, and smiles upon seeing me.

"Hey girl, you're finally back! I've been third wheeling for the past two hours, so fun! How did it go with Larson?"

I blush a little at the mention of his name, which makes Morgan raise an eyebrow. "El.. what did you guys do?"

"I'll tell you when Sadie is awake and it's just the three of us." I reassure her. It seems to work, because she nods and doesn't push any further.

While we wait for Sadie and Charlie to wake up, Morgan helps me unpack my stuff. They finally wake up around four forty-five, and I start to tease Charlie about the picture Sadie posted. Don't get me wrong, it's adorable, but I'm wondering how they took it.

"So Charlie, wanna explain how that picture was taken?" I joke, making Sadie laugh.

Charlie rolls his eyes, and Sadie gives him a smirk. "If you don't tell them I gladly will."

He looks back at his girlfriend and sighs. He definitely isn't winning this one, especially when his girlfriend is Sadie.

"Fine, I may or may not have balanced my phone on a shopping cart in the Target parking lot."

Morgan bursts out laughing, and she's barely able to get her words out. "When did you even manage to take that? You've been dating for six days!"

"Well.." Sadie starts, but Charlie quickly cuts her off. "Thursday night."

"Oh so that's where you were!" I say in a teasing manner, nudging Sadie. She rolls her eyes playfully and nudges me back, which makes Morgan step in between us.

"Alright alright, that's enough you two." she jokes, which makes us all laugh.

"Sorry mom!" Sadie responds, and I of course have to follow up. "Yeah, sorry mom!"

"I'm sorry to break up this adoption ceremony," Charlie interrupts, making us all turn to him. "but I have to leave, so I will see you guys later."

Morgan and I nod and give him a quick hug, then watch as he embraces Sadie, giving her a light kiss on her forehead before he leaves.

As soon as the door shuts, Morgan is quick to bring up our conversation from earlier. "So El, what did you and Alex end up doing?"

"Well," I start, but stop suddenly. I don't say anything else for a while, because I don't know how to continue the conversation without blurting it out.

I hear knocking at the door and I turn my attention to it. Unfortunately, before I'm able to fully turn around, I notice Sadie studying my face.

I quickly look at the floor, because I know I'll immediately blow it if I look her in the eyes. She is way too good at figuring this stuff out.

I heard her gasp, and that's when it came. "Ella Page Walker, do not tell me you actually SCREWED Alex Larson!"

Morgan's jaw drops and she quickly covers her mouth with her hands. I feel my face become hot and I know that there's absolutely no way I'm getting out of this.

I don't answer her, since my face already gave it away. Instead I walk over to the door and open it, revealing the last person I ever expected to see.

Adam.

His entire face is pale and his eyes are bloodshot. I can tell he's trying to hold back tears.

"Did you?" he asks, his voice cracking as he speaks.

"Did I what, Adam?" Please don't say it, please don't say it.

"Did you?" he repeats. "Did you really do it... with him?"

He heard it. Fantastic.

"Um... I..." I start, but Adam quickly cuts me off.

"You did, didn't you?"

"Why do you care if I did or not?" I ask. "It's not like it matters."

"Of course it matters!" he yells, his voice becoming strained. What the hell? Why is he acting like this?

"Why, Adam? Why does it matter?" I snap. I can feel my heart slowly breaking, but I'm not going to let it show. I won't cry in front of him.

"Because I love you Ella. How hard is that for you to understand?" he snaps back, still yelling. I quickly scan the hallway and watch as all of my teammates start to open their doors, watching the scene unfold.

"Oh yeah?" I scoff, earning a look of confusion from Adam. "You love me?"

He throws his arms up in the air and starts to laugh sarcastically. "Of course I love you, where have you been these last eight years? Are you blind?"

"Yeah, I definitely believe that after I saw you with your tongue down Maya's throat." I snap again, earning a look of disbelief on Adam's face.

"For fuck's sake Ella, I was hammered! What did you expect me to do?" He did not just ask me that.

"You're kidding me right?" I seethe, and I feel a tear slip down my cheek. So much for not crying. "Adam, you were still sober enough to know what you were doing. And for the record? Yes, Larson and I hooked up. Yes, we went further than that. It shouldn't matter to you what I do and who I hook up with, that's not your problem anymore. And frankly? It never was. Maybe you shouldn't have told me you love me if you didn't mean it, because you clearly don't and never did."

He stands there speechless, so I cross my arms and raise my eyebrows at him, challenging him to speak. When he doesn't, I turn around and start to walk back into my room. But, his next sentence makes me stop completely.

"You know what? Fine. If you want to be a hoe and screw Larson, go for it. You're right, I don't care and I never did."

I think my heart physically shatters. I let one tear fall before I wipe it away and turn around to face him. I can't let him see me crumble. I will not let him win. Especially when he messed up first.

I turn around and meet his eyes. "I think you forgot the part where you made out with Maya. If I'm a hoe for getting with someone who isn't you, then so be it. I would call you a hoe too since you got with someone who isn't me, but you're not just that. You're a traitor. You're a backstabbing traitor. I thought I meant more to you, especially after homecoming and my party. I guess not though, since you've clearly shown that you'd rather spend your time sticking your tongue down someone's throat who wants nothing more than to see us apart. Well guess what Adam? She got what she wanted, at the cost of our friendship. Again. I'm done wasting my time waiting for you to finally figure out how much I actually mean to you. Oh by the way, Larson is a really good kisser. He might even be better than you, but I still haven't decided yet. I guess I'll have to test it out a few more times before I can be a hundred percent sure. I'll definitely make sure to let you know."

I don't think I've ever seen him this mad. I've finally made him snap. After a while he finally speaks, his voice mixed with betrayal, hurt, and anger. "You're actually such a bitch."

I don't even respond. I just flip him off and walk into my room, slamming the door shut behind me.

As soon as I get inside, I crumble onto the floor in a heap and let the tears come. Sadie and Morgan don't say anything, because I think they're in shock. I would be too if I found out my friend lost her virginity and then watched her have a screaming fight with the person she loves most right after.

Instead of saying anything they just hold me as I sob, hugging me as I cry it all out.

Never in my life have Adam and I fought like that, because there was never a reason we needed to. We were truly inseparable. You know what they say though, all good things must come to an end.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

52K 705 24
They've known each other for years. He's liked her from the moment he met her. She's an entirely different story. Freshman year is throwing them for...
96.6K 1.3K 24
"It's starting to seem like you're going too fast on purpose, Banks. If you wanted to be on top of me, you could find other ways to do it." "Shut it...
79.6K 2K 54
𝐈𝐍 𝐖𝐇𝐈𝐂𝐇 adam banks gets sent to a hockey academy and meets a girl. 'hold onto the memories, they will hold onto you' book 1/1 fem!oc x ad...
81.2K 1.2K 26
After Gordon's knee injury, his half sister moves to Minnesota to be with him. In a turn of events she's allowed to travel to the Junior Goodwill Ga...