The Fire Within

By MC21_12

Book 1: Fire and Ice series. Twins Marina and Lukas Sloane, where taken from their father and brothers at a... More

Character list.
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Marinas new aethetic
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
New book
Update.
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chater 25
Update
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Book 2:
Heart of ice Update: Release date.

Chapter 18

3.9K 71 16
By MC21_12

'Maybe I can be happy...'

Macro's pov:

*The night of the dinner*

After Marina ran to her room I decided it was a good time to discuss some business with my sons.

"I was planning of letting everyone know that I will be leaving for New York tonight. I know it is last minute but we are having some issues with our Russian alliance." I say to the boys. Romeo, Lorenzo and Nico already know. The others know some.

"As you know currently there is a war going on. A new anonymous threat is trying to dethrone the capo of the Russian mafia. As per our alliance I am going to offer resources and help them keep their position." I see them agree with me.

"I am going to tell Marina about the 'business' when I get back from the trip." I state to them. They visibly tense up at this piece of information. To say they were not sure if it was a good idea would be an understatement.

"She deserves to know as she is part of this family. It is also to keep her safe, if she knows she can be more careful about her movements and such. While I am away I expect you all to look after your sister, I know we are not on good terms with her at the moment but try okay? She needs love, she need all of us and we need her."

There were a lot of yes dads and okays going around the table. Everyone was in their heads probably thinking about how she will take the news of us being the head of the Italian mafia.

*New York*

I have made my way to my mansion in New York, Romeo has informed me of that Marina took off. But I know exactly where she is. I have the location of her phone and I was also informed by Mr and Mrs. Stone that the staff say she is in the house.

I am glad she has good friends but I don't like how close she is to that boy. Adam Stone is the head of the American mafia but resides in Italy due to a threat placed on his family. We have a great alliance with them, as they are more like family. They have been out of the country trying to handle the Russians but the war has escalated.

Mr.Petrov sent his children and wife to Italy to keep him from harm while this war is happening. As part of the alliance they are under protection by my mafia and also the Americans.

I am meeting with the Russians and Americans to discuss what our strategies are going to be to win this war.

Marina's pov:

It has been a week since the talk and things have been going well. I made it clear to all of my brothers that just because I am giving them a chance for us to be a family doesn't mean I have forgave and forgotten their behaviour. They understand and are trying to be better.

Tomorrow I get to go back to school after a lot of begging Romeo. I feel like I have been on house arrest, my brothers have been babying me all week telling me to rest and make sure to stay hydrated.
*eye roll.*

The three youngest of the boys went back to school a few days ago and I've been hanging out with Nico and Romeo mostly. Lorenzo and I talk but it's clear he doesn't know how to act around me, I am kinda the same way, it's really awkward so we mostly do our own thing.

It's now Wednesday evening and I am soooo bored. Hayley came to visit yesterday and brought tequila. I love her. We have already had dinner and the older boys had to go to the office and handle some 'work' emergency. So it's Aurelio, Dante, Lukas and I in the house.

I am almost sure they are all playing video games because every so often I hear them screaming about how someone is cheating.

Currently I am sitting in the bathtub watching criminal minds on my laptop and drinking tequila. It's a vibe if you ask me. I even dimmed the lights.

Just at part in the show that got really creepy and some one was about to get kidnapped, Lukas barged into my bathroom. I screamed very loudly and threw a pillow at him.

"What the hell Marina! I think my ears are bleeding." Lukas says rubbing his ears. "What the fuck Lukas! You scared the shit out of me!" I say with a hand over my heart. He rolls his eyes then looks at what I am doing. "What the fuck are you doing?" He asks confused.

Just then the other two come running in holding guns. Once they realise there is no threat they quickly put them away. I just pretend I didn't see them. "Why did you scream?" Dante asks. "Yeah are you oka-why are you in the bathtub?" Aurelio asks confused.

"Because I've been in bed for a week so I thought I would switch it up. It's actually a vibe think imma do this more often." I say getting comfortable again.

Lukas sits of the floor and the other two leave, only to come back a few minutes later with snacks, pillows, blankets and more alcohol. "I guess you all can stay too." I say like I am answering a question.

The bathroom I very spacious so we all fit in there comfortably. I prop my laptop up so we can all see it. After a few bottles of alcohol later we are all drunk, me less than them and falling asleep.

I'm woken up to yelling, the others are still passed out. As I check my phone I can see it's 2am. Suddenly I hear the door to my room open and footsteps frantically running around. Then the bathroom door opens and in walks Lorenzo.

His face goes from scared to relief to angry as he looks around we make eye contact. Just then Romeo and Nico come in also and their faces do the exact same Lorenzo's a moment earlier.

"What's wrong?" I question getting out of the tub and trying not to step on any of my brothers. I can see them looking at the empty bottles and food everywhere. Then at the boys who are still passed out.

"We will talk about this after school tomorrow." It was Romeo. He picked me up and exited the bathroom along with Lorenzo and Nico behind us.

"Where are we going?" I ask as we leave my room completely. The other two go to their rooms and Romeo brings me to his room. "You're staying with me tonight. You scared the shit out of me. I thought something happened when we couldn't find any of you also all your bedding is in the bathroom and if you sleep in the tub you'll wake up all sore." He explains setting me on the bed.

He then grabs some clothes and heads to the bathroom, after a shower he comes out about 20 minutes later and gets into the bed. At this point I am almost asleep again. "I'm sorry or for scaring you. I didn't mean to." I say groggily, then I feel myself being pulled into his chest as he plays with my hair making me even more sleepy. "It's okay principessa go to sleep, you have a longs day tomorrow and your still getting over your sickness." He says kissing my head. Not even a minute later I'm out.

"Baby, wake up. You have to get ready for school." I hear someone gently trying to wake my up. As I open my eyes I see Romeo still passed out. I look around confused but see it was Nico who woke me up. I try getting out of the very comfortable bed but Romeo's grip on me only tightens as he pull me back to him.

Nico and I start to laugh but get interrupted but the door opening and Dante coming in looking like shit and scared. When he sees me he looks relieved. "Thank god I thought I was gonna have to wake Romeo up and tell him we lost you." He says but when he sees what going on starts to laugh also.

I finally manage to get out of Romeo's grip with a little help from Nico. Making my was back to my room I see Lukas and Aurelio passed out still. 'Time for a little revenge.' Also I need to shower so they need to leave.

I go to the shower and take the shower head out and point to the boys and turn it to cold and then on. They wake up yelling and run out of the room. Leaving me there laughing.

(Not the handbag.)

After getting ready i straighten my hair and do my makeup. I head down stairs obviously not with out my sunglasses.

Upon entering the kitchen everyone is already there looking like shit. Romeo is not there I assume still sleeping. Nico and Lorenzo are there. Lorenzo comes up to me with his hand out. I give him a questioning look to what he responds. "Phone." He took all our phones. Except for Aurelio's 'in case of an emergency.'
'Unfair.'

Reluctantly I give him my phone and sit down to eat with everyone else. But before we leave I go upstairs and grab my back up phone. Yes I have two backup phones just in case but they don't need to know that.

I am now sitting in English beyond hungover. I don't know why it always hits me more after a couple hours. "Marina?" I hear someone say. Looking up to see Leo, then I glance behind him and see my brother looking mad.

"Okay class, everyone take your seats." The teacher says before Lukas could do anything. Leo takes his seat beside me and Lukas take his across the room not take his eyes off us once.
"Where have you been?" Leo asks me. "Not here." I answer. "No shit. Are you okay?" I can hear concern in his voice. "I was sick, I better-ish now. But right now please shut up, I'm hungover and want to sleep."

This seemed to do the trick because he left me alone for the rest of the class and found myself asleep soon after. Leo taps my shoulder and I open my eyes and look around.

"What?!" I whisper yell at him, trying not to interrupt the class. "Jeez sorry, we are partners for the project."
'What the fuck is he talking about?'
"What the fuck are you talking about?"

"First of all, don't swear." He gives me an angry look. "Second of all, yesterday the teacher announced that she was giving everyone a project to do. I'll explain it at lunch time." He says to me.

"First of all, don't tell me what to do." I saw mimicking him. "Second of all,
I'm not meeting you at lunch." I say as the bell rings.

Going to my next class I take a seat in the back corner again only for Leo to take a seat next to me again. *eye roll* I feel him turn my face towards him, he leans close to my ear and says. "Roll those pretty little eyes of yours one more time and see what happens." I scoff at him and turn my head back to the front of the class.

I can see him smirk beside me then direct his attention back to the front of the class.

Finally lunch time came. As I get to the lunch line, there I see Hayley and Andrew sitting at one of the tables. I make my way over to them. "Finally!!! I haven't seen you guys all day!" I whine.

"Ugh I know. But you and I have art together later and most classes together tomorrow." Hayley exclaims excitedly. "Yeah, also you and I have then next two together." Andrew smile as me while putting his arm around me. I put my head on his shoulder and close my eyes.

"Hey dude." I hear Andy say. "What's up?" A familiar voice says. As I open my eyes I see none other than Leo sitting in front of me. He gives me a smug smirk. "Told you we could talk at lunch." He says. "Talk about what?" Andy asks confused. "Our project for English. We're partners."

Lunch was uneventful, after we talked about the project I turned my attention to Hayley and we just gossiped about what I missed while I was out. Occasionally I glanced over at my brothers to see them giving me looks of anger.
'I'm gonna get an earful when I get home.'

Lunch is finally over and I start to make my way to science only to be pulled into and empty classroom by none other than Leo. "Omg! What!" I say getting annoyed with him. "Calm down. I just wanted to check in on you. How is your arm?" He asks.

"It's fine, the doctor said just to ice it and it'll be good." I tell him. "You had to go to the doctor?! Did he hurt you that bad?!" His face wore rage. "No! No, I got sick, the doctor saw it and told me to ice it." The anger let's up a bit but I can tell he is still angry.

"Oh okay. Can I text you later so we can talk about the project." He asks me with a smirk. I don't think we'll be talking about the project. "Uh, fine. We should go to class or we're gonna be late.

Walking into the class we join Andy at the back of the room. Soon Lukas walks in taking a seat beside Andy as Leo took one beside me. Before he does he comes to me and asks. "Did you take your pills." Shit I completely forgot. "No I forgot." I say to him.

"It's fine just do it now." He says giving me his bottle of water. I take the pills and give his water back with a thank you. "What the fuck did you take?" Leo asks looking like he doesn't know how to feel.

"It's just painkillers and antibiotics." I say hoping he drops it...he did not.
"Why?"
"Because I've been sick."
"You take Tylenol when your sick not that."
"Drop it. I'm fine."
"No. Tell me."
"Fiiine. I have a chest infection, I need the pills to help it."
"You should be at home. You need to rest."
"Nope. I done staying in bed, I'm fine."

He looks angry and looks like he is thinking for a moment before turning around and looking at Lukas.
'Ah shit.'

"You let her come to school sick. Seriously? She should be home resting." He says to Lukas angrily. Both Lukas and I scoff and say at the same time. "It none of your business." Andrew is just enjoying the show.

"Mr.Petrov, Mr.Salvatore, Ms.Salvatore and Mr.Stone. Detention after school for disrupting my class."

'Fuck...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.2M 71.2K 46
"We want you home Sorella" Mason said to me. "I couldn't give two shits what you want." I said back. He looked pissed. I could feel someone coming...
140K 3.3K 57
~~ "Torturami ogni giorno, ma ferisci chi amo, pagherai." ~~ {} Rayver Cruise is not your cliché male character. He's not strong, he's not rich, h...
1M 31.9K 80
Being alone? Check. Being afraid? Check. Being abused? Check times 3. Honestly, my life wasn't this bad before, not until I ended in foster care... S...
15.3K 479 39
Nova was only 2 years old when she was kidnapped from her family. She has 5 older brothers and her biological parents are dead. What happens when her...