𝘽𝙀 𝙈𝙔 𝙒𝙄𝙁𝙀𝙔 | 𝘔𝘢𝘯...

By niyahxbaji

| 𝘔𝘢𝘯𝘫𝘪𝘳𝘰 "𝘔𝘪𝘬𝘦𝘺" 𝘚𝘢𝘯𝘰 𝘹 𝘉𝘭𝘢𝘤𝘬 𝘙𝘦𝘢𝘥𝘦𝘳 | "𝘠𝘰𝘶𝘳 𝘢 𝘭𝘪𝘵𝘵𝘭𝘦 𝘤𝘳𝘢𝘻𝘺 𝘢𝘳... More

Intro
#1
#2
#3
#4
#5
#6
#7
#8
#10
#11
#12
#13 pt. 1
#13 pt. 2
#14
#15
#16
#17 pt. 1
#17 pt. 2
#18
#19
#20
#21: the end

#9

2.6K 102 155
By niyahxbaji

•••

Your POV

When me and Mikey got to the hospital, he wasted no time calmly walking inside. We went straight to the others, ignoring the nurses asking if we needed help.

Takemichi, Mitsuya, and Peh all tried to talk to Mikey at once, but Mikey silenced them. He kept a calm attitude.

"Shut up, all of you. We need to keep quiet in a hospital, don't you know that." He said, walking past them. I followed him. I could tell that this was eating him up inside.

We went into the waiting room. We were met with Takemichi's friends huddled up and Emma crying on Hina's shoulder. Mikey walked over to her and patted her shoulder. I rubbed her back and grabbed my bag from her.

Mikey continued forward and read the red sign that said: operation in progress.

"I know Kenny..." Mikey started with his back towards everyone. "And so I can tell you he's always been a man of his word. He's not gonna die here, he would never do something disingenuous."

He turned towards us with a big smile on his face, "he promised me, that he and I would rule the world together." I could see through it. That smile was fake as hell.

"So Emma, Mitsuya, Peh, Takemichi... have a little faith." He added. Everyone's expressions lighten up. Mikey walked to the couch and sat down. "He's gonna pull through and remember; keep quiet."

1 hour later

I had my fingers intertwined with Mikey's. I felt him slightly shaking and then heard the noise of a door opening. I looked up to see 2 doctors. They walked out together.

"We were able to save his life. The operation was a success."

Everyone burst into cheers and tears of happiness. I smiled and let out a deep sigh of relief. Mikey stood up and just walked out. I watched him for a second and then followed him.

He walked to the side of the building and put his back on the wall. He looked up at the sky and tears started to form. He slowly slid down the wall.

I jogged over to him, realizing what he did. He put on a strong facade for the others, so they wouldn't worry. While deep down inside, he was probably the most scared.

I got on my knees next to him and wrapped my arms around him. He immediately put his arms around my waist and buried his face in my chest.

"How could he..." he cried out. "How could he scare us like this..."

"Shhhhhhh," I ran my fingers through his hair. "It'll be ok babes, he'll be fine."

He kept crying on me for a little while longer. When I felt his breathing start to regulate, I pulled away. He wiped his face, while I dug in my bag. He had a confused look on his face.

"Here," I pulled out the small container of dorayaki that I brought earlier.

He then flashed a small, genuine smile. The first one of the night. "Thanks Y/n." He took it from me and popped it open, eating the first one on top.

"Your welcome, Mikey." I leaned over and kissed his cheek.

He blushed and I let out a giggle. I scooted close to him and put my head on his shoulder, once again. I let him eat as my thoughts wondered.

"Hey Mikey?" I asked.

"Hmmm." He hummed.

"Whose gonna pay Draken hospital bills?"

"Good question. Let's not worry about right now." He sweat dropped.

I giggled a little. "I thought I was going to a normal festival, but a fight breaks out, Draken almost dies, and I've learned more about what kind of people Toman are. Takemichi even choked out the guy that stabbed Draken and for a guy that can't fight, he did good." I shared my thoughts to Mikey.

"I'm sorry you had to go through this. I told you that you wouldn't stay out of gang violence after you met me though." He let out a chuckle.

"Yeah, I know. It was kinda fun." I smiled.

"Oh no, not that look." Mikey groaned out.

"What look?" I questioned.

"That look, the one on your face. It's just like Baji when he sets a car on fire or Smiley when he beats the fuck out of someone." Mikey says.

"Is it a good thing?" I giggled.

"It can be." He shook his hand in a yes-no kinda way.

"Well then I'll take it as a compliment." I told him, then I went a little more serious. "You think that... you think that I could-"

"You wanna join Toman?" He finished for me.

I nodded. "No." He said without hesitation.

"Why not?" I playfully pouted.

"Really? You're asking me why not? Y/n, we're sitting outside a hospital." Mikey waved his hands around.

I stood up, "Don't worry, you'll change your mind. But anyways, I gotta get home to my brother. He was in the fight, I should check on him. I'll text you in the morning." I waved at him.

"Huey?" Mikey asked.

"No, Riley. We fought together." I corrected him.

"Oh..." he mumbled.

"You'll get to meet him another time." I assured him. He smiled. Then I started to walk away.

I went to the parking lot and realized I didn't have a ride. I sighed and pulled up my address, so I could walk home. I didn't get far before I heard someone running after me. I turned around.

"Hey, Y/n." Mikey ran up to me.

"Yeah?"

"Do you wanna sleepover at my place? I don't wanna be alone right now." He offered.

I thought about it for a minute and then sent a text to the group chat with Huey and Riley. "I'm all yours." I looked back at him. He wrapped an arm around me and we walked back to his bike.

Time skip

"So you don't like scary movies?" I asked as Mikey skipped past the horror section on Netflix. I was in a pair of Emma's shorts and one of Mikey's shirts. I was able to get a bandanna from Shin for my hair.

"No," he answered as he went to some comedy.

"Why, don't you like thrillers and jumpscares?" I wiggled my fingers playfully.

"Think about this way; why scream when you can laugh?"

"Good point, but we're still gonna watch a scary movie later."

"We'll see." He challenged.

"You know, we're kinda complete opposites." I thought out loud.

"What you mean?"

"You like sweets, I prefer spicy or sour. You like comedy, I like horror. You're a boy, I'm a girl. You whit- I mean Japanese, and I'm black." I pointed out.

"Did you almost call me white?" He pouted.

"Of course not." I lied.

"Rightttt." He rolled his eyes. He played the movie and we cuddled up together on his bed. He laid back against the headboard with me on his chest and his arms wrapped around me.

I slowly started to drift off. Mikey noticed because he turned the tv off and readjusted us on the pillow. He made sure to keep his strong arms around me. And just like that we feel asleep together.

Time skip to 3 days later

I sat in the room on my floor. My fingers moving in sync to take out my braids. A plastic bag and scissors laid across the ground in front of me. I laughed as I watched CoryxKenshin play Poppy Playtime on my laptop. As I unbraided the hair, the cut weave dropped down into the bag. The bag slightly rustling as it did.

Knock knock knock

"Come in." I said aloud, turning towards the door.

Huey came in with a mad look on his face, Riley followed after him looking guilty as hell. I started to put the pieces together. I turned back to my laptop.

"Snitch." I paused my video.

Huey glared at my back. I could my soul slipping away from me. I focus on my hair and tried to ignore his gaze.

Then Huey took a deep breath and sat behind me. Riley follow in pursuit. Huey took hold of a braid and started to debraid it.

"I'm mad at you for not telling me." He started.

"Did you notice that Riley is walking a slight limp? Did you think I wouldn't notice the way you rub your shoulder? I'm not dumb." He told me. My eyes slightly widen, was it that obvious.

Me and Riley stayed quiet as he continued. "Shin told me about how his little brother, Mikey, was that boy I saw you with and his gang got into a fight at the festival the other day. Mikey's best friend was stabbed and almost lost his life. I added everything up. I asked Riley about it and he spilled everything." Huey finished as he took out five of my box braids.

"It's not like I knew there was gonna be a fight." I tried to defend myself.

"But you knew that Mikey was a gang leader." Huey argued back.

"They not like the gangs from where we from. Mikey's gang has respect for woman, they don't fight with guns or weapons, and he's trying to create an era of peace between delinquents." I started to slowly raise my voice.

"Then why didn't you tell me? If Mikey and his gang is really as good as you make it seems... why was it a secret?" Huey quietly asked, turning me to face him.

"Would you really let me continue to see him if I did?" I mumbled back.

He went quiet. "I thought so." I took out the last braid.

"I'm not gonna stop you from seeing him." Huey finally told me.

"Really?" Riley asked out in surprise.

"Yeah, dumbass. But Y/n, you gotta promise me that won't be in too deep. I was worried about Riley, now I gotta worry about you. Don't do nothing that'll get you killed." Huey pulled me into a hug and then brought Riley in.

"At the end of the day, all we got left is each other. Remember that. I'm glad you two weren't the ones to get stabbed." Huey sighed out.

Me and Riley glanced at each other. We both had glassy eyes. We hugged Huey back tight. I didn't think Huey would react like this, but he right. After granddad died, we depended on each other.

None of our family members had the room or patience to keep us. So Huey go a job and an apartment. Then I started babysitting on weekends. I don't know how Riley made money, but he helped pay bills. We helped each other.

I mean until we moved to Japan. Now we're living in a house now, with big rooms and space. Me and Riley focusing on school now and have more free time. We only have this life because we stuck together. The three of us pulled away and wiped our tears. I looked down and smiled to myself.

"Well since we all here, let's have a wash day." I said standing up.

"Mannnnnnnn." Riley groaned out.

"Don't complain, your cornrow started to lose they rows." I wave my finger in his face.

"Ok, I think it's time for a wash anyways." Huey ran a hand up to his Afro. "Let's do you first, Y/n."

"Ight, meet me in the bathroom." I walked over to grab my towel and a detangling brush. Then I headed to the bathroom. Huey was helping Riley take out his cornrows.

I stood in front of the mirror and started to brush through my hair. I realized that we haven't really hung out all together like this in a lil minute.

I decided to start up a conversation with Huey, asking him what he's been doing besides work. I've been focusing on my life, but I've had no idea what Huey been up to. Or Riley even.

So that night, we washed our hair together and then ate ramen with a movie. Me and Riley's hair looked similar to Huey's now, since we now all have Afros mixed with some natural oils to let our hair breathe.

This past week has just been a mess.

•••

I feel like this chapter was a little sad. Oh well.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

11.3K 309 11
𝙩𝙝𝙞𝙨 𝙞𝙨 𝙢𝙮 𝙛𝙞𝙧𝙨𝙩 𝙨𝙩𝙤𝙧𝙮 𝙤𝙧 𝙛𝙖𝙣𝙛𝙞𝙘 𝙤𝙣 𝙒𝙖𝙩𝙩𝙥𝙖𝙙 𝙨𝙤 𝙡𝙞𝙠𝙚 𝙝𝙤𝙥𝙚 𝙮𝙤𝙪 𝙡𝙞𝙠𝙚 𝙞𝙩 ❤ 𝙄 𝙨𝙖𝙙𝙡𝙮 𝙙𝙤𝙣'𝙩...
816K 37.7K 59
Taehyung is appointed as a personal slave of Jungkook the true blood alpha prince of blue moon kingdom. Taehyung is an omega and the former prince...
577K 19.2K 57
𝐛𝐥𝐚𝐜𝐤 𝐟𝐞𝐦 𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐝𝐞𝐫 𝙮/𝙣, 𝙨𝙬𝙚𝙚𝙩, 𝙛𝙪𝙣𝙣𝙮, 𝙖𝙣𝙙 𝙗𝙤𝙡𝙙 𝙞𝙨 𝙖𝙥𝙖𝙧𝙩 𝙤𝙛 𝙘𝙡𝙖𝙨𝙨 1-𝘼 𝙚𝙣𝙟𝙤𝙮 𝙩𝙝𝙚𝙨𝙚 𝙩𝙚𝙭𝙩 𝙨...
213K 5.7K 50
(STEVEN X MALE READER) Y/n moves to Beach city hoping to find a place to belong, and then he meet Steven universe his life might change for the bette...