The Bumping Accident

By Flash2497

Megan woods is a 24 year old millionaire. She owns one of the biggest clubs in town. She has a close circle o... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Epilogue
For you, Anything

Chapter 23

27.3K 920 135
By Flash2497

Avery's POV

I hear something buzzing. I haven't slept this good in a while. I start stirring in my sleep and reach out to cuddle Megan but she's not there. I slowly open one eye to peak from under the covers so the sun won't blind me.

I move the covers away and look around to try to find the source of the sound. I look at the little table that Megan has in her room and see my phone is ringing.

I quickly get up and grab it. I look to see who it is and it's my dad.

"Hey Dad."

"Hi honey, why did you take so long to pick up?"

"Sorry Megan must have moved my phone last night before we slept." The second I say those words I immediately regret them.

"Wait wait you guys slept on the same bed?" My dad asks and the tone of his voice is cold now.

"Ummm I can't hear you there must be bad connection, I'll be home soon bye love you." I ramble out and quickly hang up.

I may or may not have just signed Megan's death certificate.

No it's okay she'll be fine.

I look back towards the bed to see that the lamp is still on which makes me smile. She didn't turn it off even though she woke up before me.

I hear voices downstairs so I do my morning routine and get changed quickly. I slowly walk down and it sounds like someone is on the phone.

I walk towards the kitchen and see Megan on the phone but she hasn't seen me yet.

"I said I'll be there." She says and hangs up.

She turns around and jumps a little.

"You have to stop sneaking up on me I'm gonna get a heart attack." She says and holds her chest. I can't help but laugh.

"Good morning to you too." I say and kiss her cheek.

"Where's everybody?" I ask her and move to look through her fridge.

"They left about 30 minutes ago, since tomorrow is Monday they wanted to rest or whatever." She answers and I nod.

"Who was that on the phone?"

"My dad, he needs me to go see him."

"You sound excited." I say sarcastically and she rolls her eyes.

"He makes me want to pull my hair out." She says and I laugh.

I close her fridge and turn back around to look at her.

"You do know you only have orange juice in your fridge right?"

"I like orange juice." She informs me and shrugs.

"Can you drop me off? We can get something on the way."

"Of course cute eyes you don't even have to ask." Megan says and gives me a quick kiss.

We both head upstairs to get ready. I didn't mention what I accidentally told my dad. What she doesn't know won't hurt her. I hope.

...

Megan's POV

Avery and I got bagels from a café and now we're on our way to her house. The car is silent but a comfortable silence. Avery is humming to the music and I can't help but be mesmerized by her.

"Olivia and I are going to a carnival on Wednesday, are you free to come with us?" Avery breaks the silence and asks.

"Yeah I would love to come, I can pick you guys up." I take a quick glance at her and she nods.

I start pulling up to her house and see her dad waiting outside glaring at my car.

"Umm beautiful, why is your dad outside and why does he look like he's killed me in his mind about a 100 times?" I question Avery.

"He called me this morning and I may have let it slipped that we slept on the same bed."

"WHAT? Are you trying to get me killed?" I ask frowning at her.

"You'll be fine he's just trying to intimidate you."

"Well it's definitely working."

Her dad is literally staring into my soul right now. Avery starts getting out of the car and I go to turn my car off to walk with her but she stops me.

"Umm baby, I recommend you stay in the car." She says and I look towards her dad again and nod.

"Tell him I'm a child of god, that we didn't do anything." I say and Avery playfully hits my shoulder.

She gives me a quick kiss on my cheek and gets out. I give her dad an awkward wave and then quickly leave.

I take a deep breath once I'm away from their street. One of these days he's going to kill me.

I start making my way towards my parent's house. They don't live far away from Avery so I get there quickly.

I park outside the house and get out. I'm really hoping that my father doesn't start another argument. I knock and wait.

My Mom opens the door with a big smile.

"Hey Mom, how are you?" I ask and give her a hug.

"I'm doing good sweetie, come in." She says and gesture for me to come inside.

Right when you walk in there's this table that has at least 20 family pictures on it. I walk passed it and smile. We all look truly happy in all of them.

"Your Dad is on a call he'll be out soon." She informs me and I nod and sit down.

"Have you talked to your brother?" She asks and also sits down.

"Yeah I talked to him a few days ago he's doing good."

"Good I'm glad, he doesn't call that much anymore."

"Why don't you call him then?" She doesn't even need to answer I already know the reason.

She looks behind her and looks back at me again.

"I'm just busy." She answers.

Yeah excuses after excuses she just doesn't want to upset Dad since his son left and took my side.

"Where is he?" She asks and I shrug.

"I'm not sure I didn't ask he seems really happy though." I say and smile.

I look towards the pictures again. Being twins means that we were both born at the same time but that 3 minutes of being older makes me feel protective of him.

"Have you met someone?" My mom inquires and I bring my attention back to her.

"What?" I ask slightly nervous.

"Your smile, it reaches your eyes now. I haven't seen you smile like that in a while." She says and I have no idea what to say.

"I always smile like this."

"You're glowing, that little spark that I used to see in your eyes is back, that little spark that you only got when you played the piano since it was something that you loved."

"Is, the piano is something that I love." I answer her and her smile got even bigger.

Before she can say something else my dad walks in.

"Oh look who finally decided to show up, late as always." He says and immediately kills the mood.

I resist the urge to roll my eyes at him. "What do you need father?"

"Nothing much just wanted to let you know the opening party of the school is next week and you need to be there."

He doesn't even bother to ask me nicely. He's not even asking he's telling me.

"Just have your assistance email me the details I'll be there." I'm only going for my mom.

He looks me up and down, "Such a disappointment." He mumbles.

This time I do roll my eyes. Nothing I do will ever be enough for him.

"What's your problem?" I ask a little furious and my mom quickly gets up to try to stop the argument that's about to happen.

"You, you're my problem." He states.

"Just be honest dad you don't care about the fact that I'm gay you just care about the fact that he didn't leave you anything."

"Don't speak to me that way." He raises his voice.

"How bad did it hurt huh, he left everything to me, every single penny and you were his son."

"Megan stop." My mom says.

"How can you be like this? It's not like I asked him to I was as shocked as you were, you're my dad and you treat me like some stranger."

He doesn't say anything and walks out to the backyard.

I roll my eyes for the third time and look at my mom.

"Sorry sweetie, he's just stressed about the school and everything."

"Mom why do you keep defending him?" I ask a little annoyed but she doesn't answer.

"I made you your favorite food to take home." As always she changes the subject.

I let it go because I don't want to upset her. I get up and follow her to the kitchen. She gives me the containers and I smile at her.

"Whoever she is I already love her for bringing that smile back on your face." She says and goes to give me a tight hug.

"I love you mom so so much." I tell her and almost tear up.

"I love you too sweetie, no matter what happens don't ever forget that." We hug for a few seconds longer before we both pull back.

"I have to go now but I'll call you later." I say and we hug one more time before I'm out the door.

I take a quick glance back at the house and see my dad looking at me from the backyard.

For a split second only a split second I see the love he used to have for me in his eyes but as soon as he sees me looking his whole expression changes and he looks away.

Oh how much I wish we could all be a family again.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

327K 10.7K 24
(gxg) Ava Conte is a 24-year-old woman with a promising future. Most of the time, she's kind, caring, and innocent. She has a boyfriend and feels her...
80.8K 4.3K 38
After ten years in an arranged marriage that she'd regretted agreeing to from the beginning, Kenley Hayes finally got her husband to agree to a divor...
91K 5.1K 22
Carter Woods has everything she could possibly ask for. She grew up in a loving home with loving parents but she feels like something is missing. She...
4.4M 184K 57
Destiny is 25 she's struggling to keep up with her two jobs. she's an orphan and she has a 2 year old daughter named Angel, her ex boyfriend left her...