The Mage & His Alpha

By Winter_Wolf2_0

Book 1 of "The Mage Series" Lucas Williams- 18 years old, the newest Alpha of the Spirit Lake Pack. He is str... More

Mage Spells & Enchantments
Maxwell's Amulet Powers
Mage and Werewolf Ranks
Character Descriptions
Chapter 1: Coming Out
Chapter 2: Banishment & Flashbacks
An Update on my Mental Health
Chapter 3: Intruder or Mate?
Chapter 4: Nightmares & Soulmates
Chapter 5: Tensions & Trust
Chapter 6: Answers & Promises
Chapter 7: Breakfast,Chemistry, & Breakdowns
Chapter 8: Potions & No Magic?
Chapter 9: Candy Stores & Relatives
Chapter 10: The Story, Kisses, & Enemies
Chapter 11: Progess & Close Calls
Chapter 12: Stitches & Schemes
Chapter 13: Advancement vs Setback
Chapter 14: Hickeys & Introductions
Chapter 15: Movies & Love Songs
Chapter 16: Visions, Deities & Bites
Chapter 17: Marks & Announcements
Chapter 18: Training,Hostages,& Power
Chapter 19: Adorableness, Rage, & Rifts
Chapter 21: Pasts & Figure 8s
Chapter 22: Magic & The War Room
Chapter 23: Formulas & Drawings
Chapter 24: Pride & Sparring
Chapter 25: Elixirs & Secrets
Chapter 26: Distractions & Jewels
Chapter 27: Pendants, Romance, & Souls
Chapter 28: Worries & Fiona
Chapter 29: The March
Chapter 30: The Duel
Chapter 31: Finale
Christmas Special: Rivers & Rings

Chapter 20: Hide and Seek & Grandchildren

2K 80 5
By Winter_Wolf2_0

AN: Heyyy!! A new chapter less then 2 weeks after the last one? Lmao that's a first. Also, thank you to the people who have added The Mage and His Alpha to their reading lists and I haven't thanked yet!! I usually thank them on their message board, but I haven't been keeping up. Anyways, enough of my idiotic chatter, on with the story!!

This chaper has been edited!!

Lucas's POV-

My heart was melting at the sight in front of me. Both Max and Mason were sleeping, but Mason was curled up into Max's chest, Max's arms protectively holding the boy close. My left arm was draped over both of them, so they were up against my chest. If I could get my phone without waking them up, I would so get a picture. This was such an adorable sight between my mate and possible child.

"Family", Shade popped in.

"Hopefully soon", I agreed. Shade snorted in approval, then went back into the back of my consciousness. Humming with content, I closed my eyes, not to sleep, but to just take in the moment. This however, was short-lived. Mason started stirring, then shot up with a gasp. He saw that I was awake and flung himself into my arms, whimpering.

"I had a bad dream", he said, clinging onto my shirt, rather tightly. I rubbed his back, gently shushing him while he calmed down.

"What was the dream about?" I asked, in a comforting tone. He shook his head, his red, curly hair swishing around.

"I don't remember, but I do know that it was scary", Mason replied.

"Well, whatever the dream was about, it can't harm you", I said, putting my voice in a soothing tone. "Remember that, alright?" He nodded his head furiously, but didn't speak. Shade by now had all but turned into a cat, as he was purring very loudly, and obnoxiously. I softly chuckled at that, knowing full well how eager he was to officially claim Mason as his pup. Feeling a pair of eyes in me, I looked over at Max to see him looking at Mason and I, his expression of him being in awe.

"Bad dreams", I informed him, referring to Mason, who was still snuggled into my arms. Giving me a look of understanding, Max gently ran his hand through Mason's curly red locks, trying to get his attention.

"Hey", he whispered, quietly. "It's alright to be scared. I get nightmares a lot, and I get scared of them every time I get one. But do you want to know what makes me feel better afterwards?" Mason peaked out from my shoulder, and peered at Max curiously.

"Yes", Mason mumbled. Max smiled warmly, and took my hand in his.

"Waking up to someone who loves me deeply and unconditionally always helps me with my fear of nightmares", he said, giving me a knowing glance. "We want to be that for you Mason. Lucas and I will definitely discuss it more, and we want you to adjust to us. But me and Lucas are thinking about possibly adopting you." Mason's eyes widened as he looked back and forth between Max and I. Pure joy began to fill his clover-green eyes. "But if we do adopt you, which there's a giant chance of that happening, we'll need to wait until I'm 18, and the bad things that are going on right now is gone."

"You could be my new daddies?!" Mason squealed, nothing but joy and hopefulness in his voice.

"Only if you want us to be", I confirmed. Mason immediately burst into a fit of extatic giggles and tightened his grip on my neck in an attempt at a hug, to which I returned, just not as tight. He then leapt from my arms and flung himself at Max, now laughing like he was at an amusement park. Max caught him and laughed too. Seconds later, we were all laughing hysterically, happiness radiating off of us from the moment we just shared. A moment later, we finally calmed down enough to where we could speak correctly.

"Well", Max declared. "If we are going to adopt you, we need to know more about you! What's your favorite game to play?" Mason grinned widely.

"Hide-and-seek", he replied, excitement rolling off of him. Max grinned back at the boy.

"Let's play then!" Max exclaimed. "Lucas, you count!"

"Awwww!" I pouted, teasingly. "Max gave me "the glare", and I shut up instantly. Because if I didn't, I would be in major trouble. I'll say this: Max can be scary when he wants to be.

"Just to make it harder for you", Max said, waving his hand, making a light gold glow emit from him and Mason. Their scents started to weaken, and they continued to until I couldn't smell them anymore. "I've masked our scents. Now you can't use that to help you find us." His voice and face were of pure mocked innocence, because his eys held that hint of mischief that I knew was coming.

"Give us five minutes to hide", Max instructed. "Let's go Mason!" Max grabbed his hand, and teleported in a puff of white smoke.

~

A few minutes later:

Max's POV-

Mason and I were giggling madly even though we knew we needed to be quiet. We were hiding in once of the closets that stored cleaning supplies, and the suspension of Lucas finding us was so intense we couldn't help but laugh. A smell stronger than the cleaning supplies made my nose twitch, and I hurriedly shushed Mason, as it was Lucas's scent of eucalyptus mint. And it was VERY close to us! Hearing footsteps right outside the door, I grabbed Mason's small hand and teleported us to the pack house's main laundry room, just as Lucas was turning the doorknob.

~

Lucas's POV-

I was turning the corner of a hallway while trying to find Mason and Max, when I heard a lot of suppressed laughter. Knowing exactly who it was, I kept walking down the hallway, listening closely to each door I passed. A few seconded later the laughter stopped. Pausing at a supply closet, I lightly chuckled as I opened the door to it, only to stop chuckling when I was only met with remnants of swirling, white magical smoke.

"Damn", I said, knowing that Max had teleported him and Mason just in time. Lightly snickering, I continued searching for them.

~

Max's POV-

Mason and I were back to being in a fit of giggles, the thrill of Lucas almost getting us too much to handle.

"That was close!" Mason laughed in hysterics.

"Yeah it was", I replied, still laughing as well. "We need to be more careful." Mason nodded, and we both took deep breaths to calm down. After a few more small giggles, we managed to fully pull ourselves together. We waited a few minutes before deciding to move to another spot, not wanting to risk staying in one place for too long.

Taking Mason's hand, I opened the door and we quietly snuck out and crept around the giant house. As we reached, the second floor, Lucas's scent began creeping into my nostrils. And it was only getting stronger. Hearing footsteps, I glanced back to see him turn the corner at the far corner of the hall, see us, and break into a run, a playful and very mischievous look on his face.

"Run Mason!" I shrieked, and the little boy looked back, saw Lucas, and squealed. Mason took off, and I was about to teleport when I was picked up by a pair of very strong and muscular arms.

"Got you", Lucas whispered, his voice husky, sending shivers down my spine. Unfortunately, I shouldn't have let my guard down. Because as I leaned in for a kiss, Lucas started tickling my sides furiously, eventually pinning me to the floor. I couldn't stop laughing like a maniac, and small red sparks began to shoot from my hands. Lucas stopped suddenly, allowing me precious seconds to catch my breath. However, Lucas was thinking of something I wasn't.

The next thing I knew, I heard Mason squeal, Lucas was bolting off of me, and I sat up to see him tickling the red-haired boy, who was now laughing hysterically. Thinking quickly, I waved my hand and froze Lucas in place, Mason now wheezing for breath. I slowly walked over to Lucas's frozen-self, and Mason wiggled out of his grip. I stood in front of Lucas, and pecked his cheek.

"We win", I said, giving him a cheeky grin.

"No fair!" he whined. "You have magic! That's the only reason why you won!" I grinned at his childish behavior, and unfroze him.

"You love me, don't deny it", I said, calling his bluff.

"I can't, and won't deny it", Lucas replied. My cheeks began heating up, and I looked away shyly. Lucas gently turned my face to meet his, and leaned in to kiss me. Much to our misfortune, just before our lips met, thundering footsteps were heard coming up the stairs and down the hallway towards us.

"LUCAS BENJAMIN WILLIAMS!" Granny shrieked. "WHAT IN THE NAME OF THE MOON GODDESS IS GOING ON UP HERE!?" Lucas winced, I stared at her, dumbfounded, and Mason hid behind my legs. The sweet old lady that had greeted me with open arms now looked like fire would burst from her nose.

However, despite her furious state, once she laid her eyes on Mason, who still attempted to hide behind my legs, her face softened to a look of wonder, and concern.

"Who is this?" Granny asked, curiosity laced in her voice.

"This is Mason", I answered. "Him, Lucas and I were playing hide-and-seek, then it turned into a tickle fest." The wheels began turning in her head, as she looked at Mason again, then turned to Lucas.

~

Lucas's POV-

"Is he what I think he is?" Granny asked, referring to Mason.

"Yes", I responded. "We want to adopt him." Her eyes widened as tears of pure joy began to fill them.

"I'm going to be a great-grandma!" Granny cheered. "Way to make me feel even older than I already am Lucas, and you too Max." She shot us both a playful glare.

"Sorry not sorry, old woman", I fired back with a laugh.

"Watch what you say to me young man", she quipped. "I raised you for a small period of your life, so don't think that because I'm old and your the Alpha that I still can't boss you around and kick your butt." Instead of laughing like a madman, my face fell, as memories of events I haven't thought about in a long time surfaced.

"Lucas, are you ok?" Max asked, worriedly. The memories fading, but not entirely going away, I shifted my attention to my mate and soon-to-be son.

"A story for a different setting than this", I said. "But for now, let's get Mason layed down for a nap. He looks exhausted." True to my words, Mason was struggling to stay standing, keep his head up, and his eyelids were drooping over his clover-green eyes. Max nodded, but his eyes said differently. I knew he wanted me to confide in him, but he never voiced it. I knew that this was to give me the time I needed to settle my nerves in order to tell him.

"Ok, kid", Max said. "Let's get you a nap."

"I'm not tired", Mason tried to fire back, but was met with a huge yawn and a pout in defeat. Max and I exchanged an amused and knowing glance with each other.

"We'll see you later, Granny", I said. "Max and I better get Mason tucked in for a nap."

"I better see him again, Lucas!" she threatened, jokingly. I smiled weakly, but she didn't seem to notice.

"Will do, Granny!" I replied, with strained cheerfulness. I picked Mason up, and waved goodbye to Granny, Max doing the same before teleporting us to our room in a puff of white smoke.

Carefully setting Mason on the bed, I waited until I knew for sure that he was sleeping, before turning to Max, who still had that questioning look in his eyes. Taking a deep breath, I opened my mouth to tell him the terrible events that had happened just a couple months prior to me becoming Alpha, and mine and Max's first encounter.

                      To be continued...

AN: LOL, cliffhanger!! Sorry that I'm not sorry! And don't worry, Granny didn't mean to make Lucas sad. She didn't even mean to stir up those memories, that will be revealed in the next chapter! I love you besties, and thank you once again to those who added The Mage and His Alpha to their reading lists and I haven't thanked yet!!! I truly appreciate it each and every one of my readers! I'll try my best to update again later this week! Like always, please comment any spelling and grammar errors. Love you all!

Please comment, vote, and follow!!

Bye Besties!! 💙

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

162K 5.5K 46
Warning: This story contains mature content [MxB] and mpreg, which stands for MALE PREGNANCY; if you don't like mpregs, you're free to leave. Critici...
711K 20.2K 29
First book of the series. This is my first boyxboy story, I hope you guys will like it. Sorry if you will find any mistakes in my gramma if you'll s...
13.3M 364K 63
"Fuck, baby. You can't say things like that to me. I want to, also. Trust me." His hand snakes down my body until he enters two of his fingers into m...
148K 7.6K 26
*NOTE: Because I write this series for an independent publisher, I can't post the entire series on wattpad. I am posting the first book of the first...