Force

By Rainha_Ray

On his journey to LA, Tommy stops in Chicago, only to discover shocking news about his family; Tommy must dec... More

C1. A Short Fuse and a Long Memory
C2. King Of The Goddamn Hill
C3. Fire Starter
C4. Storm Clouds
C5. Take Me Home
C6. It's Just A Test
C8. Outrunning A Ghost
C9. Killing Me Softly
C 10. He Ain't Heavy
C11. Test Of Loyalty
C12. What You'd Do For Power
C.13. The Throw Down
C14. Run My Mouth
C. 13 Lose To Gain
C.14. The Ball Don't Stop
C. 15 Bridges Are Drawn
C. 16 War & Ice
C.17 Therapy Sessions
C.18 Devil In The Details
C.19 Crown Vic

C7. This Is Who We Are

413 18 3
By Rainha_Ray

Celeste POV

I stand between Diamond and Jenard as the revered speaks.

"Another senseless death in the city plagued by violence. Another young black man taken too soon. May Elijah Linden rest peacefully. In the arms of our angels." They start his descend and Jenard goes to throw the first patch of dirt on him, Diamond hands his mom an envelope of money, he goes next while I  give her my condolences hugging her before doing the same. I take Diamonds out stretched hand and we walk to the truck. Once we are inside and driving away I speak.

"I'm going to Sy's funeral, it's today as well—"

"Why in the fuck would you do that? Huh? He ain't CBI, nor is he blood." I roll my eyes and fix my dress to give my hands something to do.

"Because he was apart of the same plan E, was apart of that got him killed, and I feel guilty because if I would have spoken up a little louder and kept my eyes focused on our backs he wouldn't have died."

"Having remorse and guilt isn't good for this line of work, Celestial, you know that. And that's not only on you, we knew they ran in groups of six, it also wasn't your job to watch our backs. No one blames you, but if you want to go pay your respects be my guest. "Why is he saying that like he's giving me permission? I look over and see Jenard mugging me and I sigh sitting back.

" Fuck it, last thing I need is to be surrounded by a bunch of racist Irish gangsters."I see him nod and focus back on the road. We head to my house the guys grabbing their change of clothes before I go into my room, Jenard goes downstairs and I go to my room and start to take my heels off. A headache slowly coming forth. I grab my clothes and head to the bathroom getting into the shower.

This is where I get confused about the streets, we killed more than a dozen of their people. We don't feel any guilt about that but the only one we lost we're damn near breaking everybody neck over. Don't get me wrong it's fucked to lose anyone but it's not like we didn't kill the bastards that killed both Elijah and Sy. We all know the next hour isn't promised to us, but yet we continue to act like dead bodies aren't apart of the deal of the fast money and drugs we're making and territories we are taking. Death is normal, murder hurts but you can't be angry that your guy got shot after killing sixteen of theirs. Maybe I'm just not as emotional about this as they are. I'll take a life and protect the ones I love but at the end of the day you gotta charge it to the game we play.

When I walk out of the bedroom my braids down and my socks warming my feet I walk into the kitchen seeing the two eating some left overs.

"We meeting with Tommy and Vic in a hour. You coming?" I nod and sit next to Diamond. His hand rubs the inside of my thigh squeezing the fat there and I sigh putting my head down picking at my water bottles label.

"I still think it's a bad move, we can't pull out simply because we lost someone, that'd make Elijah's death somewhat wasted. This shit would've been decent if we play our cards right." Jenard cuts his eyes at me and I roll my eyes, I'm not taking shit back. They constantly going two steps forward just to take six back.

" And that's why you're not in a position of power because what you just said was fucking stupid. "I'm not about to argue with him today. I'm not in the mood for it.

" Whatever you say Jenard. It's yall shit do what you want with it, I was just speaking my thoughts. "I grab my phone and text Gloria wondering if she'd be up to go out later on, I also text Liliana. As they finish eating and Diamond washes his dishes, Jenard idiot ass leaving his in the sink, as we head out. Any other time I would've said something but I'm in no mood to even speak to him, or Diamond to be honest.

We get in Diamonds truck and head to the shop, once we make it I see Victor waiting for us. I tell him I'm sorry for the loss and he thanks me patting my shoulder as we walk down stairs.

Now we are waiting for Tommy. As we do they all double check on their agreement of splitting up. I hear the door open and I hear his footsteps beating down the stairs, he sits down in the recliner and he tells us he's sorry for the losses and we get straight down to business.

"You're not exactly racking up allies."

"It's the cost of war. Price of doing business." See, we got the same idea... Maybe that ain't a good thing, or maybe it is, I'll stick around to find out.

"No, fuck that. We both buried on our side. Who the fuck you drop a rose for?"He was by himself idiot.

" He was solo, Jenard if he died we'd be dropping the roses. We had the muscle that's like having one marble in a bag of cubes you'll be more likely to grab a cube than that one marble. "Tommy gives me the thank you gesture and I shrug. Diamond looks over at me and I give him and unimpressed look before looking back at Jenard.

" Thank you Celeste, and why you acting like this your first time doing a big play? " Cause it sorta is, his ass ain't ambush anyone before, he sent his lil street soldiers to do his dirty work.

" You need to back the fuck up." Tommy stands up and I lean forward putting my elbows on the table.

"Maybe you just sat the fuck back, inherited your big brother's business and acted like you stack chips while your big sister saved your ass when you got too low. You tell big bro how many times we met Celeste in New York?" Fuck, how many times did I actually run into Tommy and don't remember? I remember Ghost a lot, him and Tasha were cool people, Raina was a sweetheart, Tariq was a little on the rough side but an intelligent young man.

"Yo, that's a fucking enough." Here goes Diamond to save the day.

"No, this is who the fuck we are! We all went in there eyes open!"

"Maybe so, but we've been talking." Who is we? I ain't do any talking, yall ass did the emotional talking, say names Victor.

"Oh that's some funny shit right there, because last time I checked we were all equal on decisions or talking." I did too but I guess shit changes when peoples best friends die.

"We don't have the appetite for a long war with the Serbs."

"We paid too high of a price." Are they forgetting that they already did this shit? Like the Serbians are just gonna say oh well, they broke up no more getting revenge, it's only fair. But imma keep my mouth shut, it's obvious women are only supposed to be seen and not heard in this room.

"They ain't here now! We got product, and now we got they pipeline." Yup, might as well defend it. They playing way too safe after causing a massacre knowing they gonna be searching for our ass.

"Look we already voted, so we gonna—"

"You know what? I already know. Voted." I actually like Tommy. I watch as he walks to the stairs and Jenard tells him he's bad for business. He turns to me and I raise my eyebrows waiting for him to ask me his questions.

"You agree with this vote Celestial?" I shake my head before shrugging.

"Either way it goes I'm out voted."

"Her ass don't get a vote because she ain't running shit. She only here because she blood." I scoff and I wait for David to say something but he doesn't. Of course he doesn't.

"Ite? Bad for the city." No Jenard you're bad for the city, you no neck ass menace.

"So that's it?" They all remain silent and he nods. "All right."

"I guess honor amongst thrives is short lived huh, motherfucker?" I roll my eyes and lean back into my seat moving it side to side.

"To make you whole, we'll buy the coke you got."

"All of it." He looks at me and give a slight nod and he drops to the second stair and claps.

"Alright, ten keys. I want 38 a piece." Jenard makes a sound of disagreement but Diamond agrees with Tommy.

"Deal" Vic agrees too and Tommy turns to me.

"We still in business together right?" I grin knowing his ass is trying to get under their skin.

"She CBI through and through, she ain't got no business with you if it ain't with us." I look Diamond up and down before looking at Tommy. I nod. Jenard literally just said I don't get a vote and you ain't disagree so shut up, David.

"It's nice to always keep a few intact strings connected, I'll see you around?" He grins and nods chuckling.

"You got my number, don't be afraid to use it." He turns and jogs upstairs leaving, I turn back to the three and Jenard looks like he wants to shoot me dead. Diamond looks pissed too, I know that's because I wasn't following his lead but oh well, like he silently agreed to on multiple occasions I'm not apart of the decision making so whatever I do is up to me. Victor tries again to keep everything together but these two keep their stance as he gives them their cut.

"It's too much heat with us all together."

"You got the tools now to be your own man on this one, not your old man. Take it."Victor nods he tells me bye and I wave to him as he goes up the stairs. I flip my phone on its sides and once the door slam shut Jenard goes off.

"Have you lost yo fucking mind? You're CBI, you don't work with people we don't work with! If you work with his ass you're done." I just stare at him and shrug standing up.

"At this point, Jenard. I don't even know why I stick around, like you said I'm CBI but yet Elijah had more say in shit than I ever have, and I'm the one who helped build this shit! You weren't even apart of this shit in the beginning I was! At this point I'm the longest active running CBI member but I get the most disrespect, so fuck your unstable ass, and fuck you for silently co-signing his bullshit David, saying one thing in private but standing on other shit in public, man the fuck up for once. " I grab my phone and walk out, as I make it down the street I hear a honk, I turn and see Tommy, he rolls down the window and he smiles at me.

" Need a ride? " I chuckle and nod walking over to the mustang getting inside. I let him drive and I find that we are heading to his spot. We get out and head upstairs, I see Liliana and I hug her.

"You look pissed, wanna smoke it out?" I side eye her and she rolls her eyes and before grabbing my hand but Tommy calls us back. We all lean against the island and he speaks looking at me his voice low like he's afraid of someone dropping in.

"I need to know that if you're in with us, you ain't gonna be no double fucking agent." I shake my head.

"I'm loyal enough to stick with a sinking ship then imagine me with a well running one." He smiles and nods but I cut that shit off.

"But that doesn't mean that I'm going to fuck over my people Tommy. Think of me as the bridge that you haven't burned, you and Jenard never had a bridge, You and Diamond's is so damn weak its kinda scary but mine at the moment is made with steel rods and concrete slabs, open 24/7. But that motherfucker can easily be blown up. Get me? "He nods and I nod.

" Alright then. Now can we go chill? I don't want my friends to become your friends. "I cackle and Tommy mutters.

" I knew her first anyway, but I'll let the girls go paint each other toe nails. "I'm pulled into another area of the loft and we sit down on the couch and she grabs a jar of weed and some backwoods.

" I'm trusting yo ass to not lace this shit Liliana. "She smacks her lips and I raise an eyebrow at her popping my knuckles.

" Relax, that was once and I didn't roll it, that was a friend who gave it to me. But at least I realized after my second hit and told you. "I nod in agreement and we get down to business as I tell her what went down today.

" That's fucked up, he ain't say shit? "I shake my head the blunt not leaving my lips as I try and relax getting riled up again thinking about the shit I should've said.

" Nothing, and to really think I was really happy to have his ass back, I forgot why I stopped fucking with them in the first place." She scoffs and I look over at her and she looks at me.

"You and Tommy a thing?" She scoffs again and sits up and shakes her head.

"Don't you ever say something so stupid, that crazy fucker did this to my face." Damn, that's crazy. I stand up and head for the kitchen, she follows but I stop seeing Diamond. I scoff seeing him and Tommy talking. I look in the fridge and grab a water bottle drinking some, Liliana walks back out and I start after her but Diamond speaks.

" You really doing this?" I look him up and down and scoff walking back to the other room ordering my Uber, it'll be here in five minutes enough time to let him leave before me. I tell Liliana goodbye before telling Tommy bye as well. As I walk to the door I hear him talk to Diamond.

"Listen man, don't let your brother fuck up your happy home with your girl. And I know yall ain't related, imma keep that shit locked up, but go after her." I shake my head and jog down the stairs texting the driver where to pull up. As I wait I hear him come up behind me.

"You said a lot of shit back there." I keep on like he's not even there looking for the car.

"This what you doing? I thought the silent treatment was childish to you. Seems like you're being hypocritical right now." I look over at him and blink looking away.

"Are you trying to make me bust every window out of your car and house or trying to get back on my good side?" He sighs and grabs my hand but I smack him away and he moves in front of me.

"Look, the only reason I didn't say anything was because—"

"Because you agree with Jenard and it's CBI, not CBSI. I get it, but don't tell me you love me in private then hate me in public, Diamond. You know what I'm up against with Jenard right now and every time you allow him to dig at me in that sense, it makes it worse. I can only do and say so much. I ain't stupid I heard everything I needed to from both of you. I hope CBI and Jenard are worth it all. " I walk to the Uber that has been sitting there for a second, and when I open the door he speaks.

" So what does that mean? We haven't even talked about any of this for real and you already backing out, again! "I shrug and get in but I keep the door open.

" Funny you mention that because it's been 15 years and you still have yet to tell me what you want, even after I've told you a million times. You know where to find me when you finally find some words. Bye Diamond." I close the door and the driver does a U-Turn heading towards West Loop. I look at the picture of the detective and think over the consequences of this move. Why should I care about Diamond and this bullshit when I can get out and continue my normal sweet life. I swipe to the next picture and see the head Serb and think for a moment, I haven't did a move this serious in probably ten years. Killing a Detective is just as serious as that Serbian, Que told me about the FBI sniffing around and the last thing I need is that heat anywhere near me especially for dudes who show love when it's convenient.

When I make it home I strip grabbing my robe ready to be recreate my personal bubble, but a meeting reminder dings on my phone making me groan. Kill me now, I wonder if they can tell if I'm high through the camera.

When I close my laptop that meeting damn near melting the rest of the healthy part of my mental health I start to stretch out on the couch shimming out of the blouse I slipped on over my robe before closing my eyes. I wish I had the urge to go out, even if all my friends are busy. Maybe I'll get laid, messing with David I can't even get hot without someone interrupting us but he quickly ruined my thing with Price now I'm out here just sad. Maybe I should let him apologize with his tongue—fuck no. The last thing I want is for him to try and turn that shit into a get back fuck and damn near snap my back.

"I wish I had a dick!" I throw myself up and walk into the kitchen looking for something to eat, my phone rings and I look over seeing it's Diamond trying to FaceTime. I ignore it and pull out some things to cook. I hear my doorbell ring and I look at my phone looking at the camera seeing its that Detective. The fuck? I see him look at the camera and speaks.

"I just wanna talk, no funny business, nothing we talk about can be used against anyone." I walk down to the door tightening my robe before I open it. I look past the screen door and lean against the threshold.

"How can I help you officer? Wanna search me?" He chuckles and I raise an eyebrow.

" No, but I was wondering if you knew something about Diamond Sampson." I frown and tilt my head crossing my arms.

"Sorry I don't—"

"Don't act fucking stupid, Celeste I know you and the Sampsons are tied in together you have the damn Tattoo on your shoulder." I shrug looking behind me to my hallway leading to the house.

"Okay, but why would I ever help a Detective rat on my people. You ain't ever do shit for me, you can't do shit for me." He nods and before I can close the door he speaks.

"Maybe by letting a certain group of people know that you aren't Sampson blood. You ain't related to Diamond at all and you're just life long fuck buddy. I'm sure, Hassan Kidman would love to hear that you two lied and that he can get at you. Again." I feel a goosebumps run across my arms and I exhale before opening the door completely giving him a smile.

" Go ahead, Hassan isn't fond of pigs no matter how much bacon they can offer him, nor would he believe it. If you're gonna blackmail someone at least know what gets there blood pumping. Goodbye Seamus." I slam the door and run back upstairs, as I do I dial Ques number.

" What's up, C? I'm on patrol. "

" Hey I just need a quick fact check, Hassan is still locked up right? " I hear her tell her partner to pull over and I hear her get out.

" Why in fuck are you asking about Hassan for Celeste? He or Korbin contact you or some shit? " I shake my head before speaking.

"No but that Detective came over and threatened to tell him some shit that may get me back into some trouble with them." She curses and sighs.

"They ain't gone fuck with you because Diamond set that line in the sand. But actually, Hassan been out for a year now. So if he hasn't been bothering you I doubt he will any time soon. You know they don't fuck with cops at all." Yeah but he seems grimy.

"Damn it, Okay, well like always keep me posted sis, thanks and sorry for being annoying." She throws that shit away telling me no problem but before I hang up she speaks.

"You know if you ever need to move that shit out of the basement you know I got you right?" I smile and tell her yeah before telling her bye. I hang up and push my braids from my face going to the kitchen putting that food away and order from Nancy's, I grab some wine and turn on my TV. Maybe some food and TV will relax my mind.

'Buzzz' 'Buzzz'

I groan checking my phone seeing its Tommy. I read the text and groan telling him I'll be there. I check the time and my food and see I have a good amount of time to get dressed and eat before heading to the location.

When I pull up to the location I see Tommy and Liliana waiting for me. I walk to them and they nod. I feel my phone buzz and I check it seeing it's Diamond.

"Meet me at Slick Eddie's." I text him back that I'll see him in a hour and a half before following Tommy and Liliana inside, I see a scientist and Claudia who frowns seeing me.

"What the fuck is she doing here?" I raise an eyebrow at her looking at Tommy.

"She's going to be helping the cook. She's good a science. Went to college for it too." How the fuck did he know that, I look at him and he winks. I look at her and shrug.

"I ain't looking for anything from yall ass, just doing a favor... That I didn't know was being asked of me." I cut my eyes at Tommy and he grabs my shoulders telling the woman to go.

"I knew that you couldn't resist, it's like telepathy I know what you're going to say before you say it. So I didn't ask." He's fucking crazy. We walk into a lab and look around, I haven't been in one of these in a long minute. I listen to Tommy talk while I'm texting Que as she sends updated pictures of Hassan and Korbin to me.

" Yo, C you with us? "I look up and nod putting my phone away.

" Yeah, yeah what's up?"

"If she teaches you and Liliana how to cook this shit you gone help out?" I nod and pull my stuck braids, up out of my jacket .

"I got you, but I'm not testing shit. Got me?" He nods and then tells Liliana to go check in on the lady. As she walks off he gets from his seat on the counter and leans against it right next to me and I look up at him.

"Can I help you, Thomas?" He squints at me and I copy him, he chuckles and nods.

"You real special you know that?" I've been told that once or twice.

"I have my moments, why do you say that?" He looks me up and down, and not in the way I do when giving attitude but in thought, I readjust myself making me cross my foot in front so my back one can hold the weight his eyes following it.

"Because nobody else calls me that shit. And the last person that did, got hurt." I shrug and tilt my head keeping eye contact with him.

"I can say the same about you, only family calls me Celestial, nothing ever goes well for anyone else who uses my government. But you're still standing. By the way how did you know I have a background in chemical science? You stalking me?" He chuckles and shrugs.

"Usually when someone catches my attention I can't help but want to know everything about em. And with you I struck something better than gold... I managed to get something celestial. But you can't convince me that you didn't do your own research." That's a new way of using my name to compliment me that's not corny, I like it. I grin and nod as I notice he's gotten closer.

"You can say that, but before we go any further, is it Thomas Egan or Thomas Patrick Teresi?" He chuckles and I raise an eyebrow lifting my head our faces even closer, our eyes are leveled, contact never breaking.

"Depends on who's asking and for what. Why are you?" I give a one shoulder shrug, my head rolling back to my shoulder and I grin.

"Gotta know if your folks are anything like the Flynns. Teresi isn't a Smith or Johnson type name. It's a flagging type name." He scoffs and shakes his head.

" Fuck no, those motherfuckers could love a dead dog better than the Flynns. I ain't like that, and also fuck my family for any future reference. "I nod and I see his eyes trail to my lips and I roll them the lip gloss making them slide over each other easier. His lips start for mine but I press my finger to his lips and he looks at me in my eyes, while I grin.

" I don't fuck people who my best friend fucks, we don't pass dick around, no matter how cute and crazy they may be." He chuckles moving away slowly I drop my finger and he nods and speaks.

"I respect that, but I can't help but notice you didn't bring up Diamond." I roll my eyes moving turning straight ahead leaning on my elbows he keeps his eyes on the side of my face and I shrug.

"I've never been one to fuck around and I've never been one to play games, it's one of my biggest turn offs dealing with anyone friends or lover, and I can't deal with the Sampson drama anymore like that. Not on that level." He nods agreeing.

"So, let's make a deal." I look over at him and raise an eyebrow before looking from my nose. He crosses his arms and I nod listening.

"Since Gloria is back with Victor, if she signs off on me pursuing you, you give me a shot on your terms." I blink staring at him before crossing my arms standing up.

"Why you so interested in me? Ain't shit about me special enough to be trying to get permission from my best friend to date me. I'm letting you know that now." He smirks and shrugs.

"You let me worry about why you're special enough to chase after, but do we have a deal?" I look him up and down and nod, I know Gloria ain't gone agree, we agreed on that from day one.

"She gave her blessing." I look at him and then side eye him before he shows their text thread and I see her number and this bitch gone really say, 'of course, I don't own you, hope she actually gives you a chance.'  This bitch. I glare at the screen before sighing looking back at the man who has a cocky ass grin on his lips.

"Alright, a deal is a deal but one fuck up and you're done. Got me?" He nods and before he can say something Liliana and the woman comes out, Tommy tells her, her schedule and when we'll be around before heading out giving her my number to call me for. I check the time seeing I'll be on time to meet Diamond. I tell the other two goodbye before I head out getting into my car heading to Slick Eddie's.

I walk inside waving to Rick, I lean against the counter and he smiles at me.

"You're late, big bro done found someone to eat with." I frown and he nods over to his booth and I stand up seeing him eating with a woman. I look at the woman squinting at her and I hear him talking loudly.

"Until Rick stole my grandma sweet patato pie recipe—"

"I ain't steal shit, she gave it to me... After I gave it to her. Coulda been yall God damn grandaddy. Celeste was there when she gave it to me in writing. Ain't that right Celeste?" I give a soft laugh before shrugging.

"All I remember is you getting the door slammed in yo face man."

"You a God damn liar get out my restaurant." I cackle smacking his hand down as he points out and I see Diamond looking at me, I keep his eyes before looking at Rick.

"You got any cookies left? I'm having company and I need some sweets."

"Just got some out of the oven for the late shift. How many?" I hold up six fingers he nods telling me that he'll be right back. I see Diamond walk towards me but I keep my head straight looking at my phone checking my emails.

"It ain't—"

"Don't do that, it's cool, it's not like you told me to meet you here, it's also not like you're literally sharing a fork with a person that ain't me but it's cool D, do you, I ain't mad just make sure you keep this same energy with whoever you catch me with. " I take my money out and hand it to Rick as he comes up and I give a fake smile to Diamond.

" Hope you have fun. She's pretty, sorta looks like me. Sure do have a type huh? Might wanna go back before you mess this possible lay."He balls his fists and I grin walking out of the restaurant. I get back into my car and head home. When I do I exhale before starting down the street to clear my head. As I turn the corner I call Gloria, she picks up after three rings.

" Listen before you go off—"

"What the hell is wrong with you?" She sighs and I hear glasses clinking in the background.

"What? I think you two would be great together, I saw how he was looking at you that night. Plus I'm back with Vic and we've had sex and you know our rule."

"You guys had sex, you know what his dick looks like. That's not cool." She smacks her lips and I roll my eyes.

"I technically don't, it was always dark when he had our two run ins. Plus I really think you two would be good together. Look pretend like nothing happened between us stop sabotaging. You promised to stop doing that." I hate her but love her.

"Whatever, Glo, but look so this asshole told me to meet him at Slick Eddie's right, Tell me why this man was sitting in his booth eating off another woman's plate with the same fork, spoon whatever the fuck." She calls him an dumbass and I realize I just set up her argument.

" Even more reason to get with Tommy. I mean what can go wrong? I doubt Diamond is gonna try Tommy. "I tilt my head agreeing, I huff thinking about it.

" I'll think about it. I told him I'd give him a shot. But Glo are you— "

"Bitch yeah! Do it! Have some fun! You're the most serious adult in my life and that's crazy coming from me. " I shake my head and sigh telling her I'll give him a chance and I'm about to text him, she hangs up on me telling me Vic is at the door. I shake my head chuckling before pulling up our text thread.

" I got some pizza, chocolate chip cookies, and liquor you down?" The three dots come up right after I press send and I see a reply the next second.

"Hell yeah, be there in five." I send a bet and look around seeing I'm at Halsted, how the hell did I walk this far this quick? I start back as I think about what could possibly come with me dating Tommy, it's obvious he's the reckless guy, obvious risk taker, but he's good at what he does.

As I walk up to the house I see Tommy leaning against his car. He looks up at the sound of my boots.

"Sorry, I was walking and I got caught up not realizing how far I actually was from home when I texted you." He gets this goofy grin and shrugs.

"I ain't complaining, gave me some time to get my head together. It's weird seeing how this place gets so dead after a certain time. It's unsettling." I nod before walking up the stairs as he follows locking the door.

"Wait until the summer hits, then you'll wish it was winter again." I kick my shoes off and go to the bathroom to wash my hands before coming to the kitchen, as I watch Tommy look around.

"So, what's up with you Chicagoans and pizza? I thought that was a new York thing." I chuckle and put the pizza in the over before grabbing the liquor and wine out of the fridge and I put the cookies on the coffee table as I hand him a cold glass putting the bottles on the table the the ice clinks in his cup as I speak.

" That's what outsiders think, but what we really eat like crazy is either chicken, Italian beefs, pizza puffs or tacos. Those are the big five." He nods an impressed look on his face.

"Alright so what's your favorite... Italian beef spot?" I tilt my head side to side before shrugging.

"Two places come to mind, one is Albinos and another is Portillos. Albinos is better to me." He leans back and nods as I pour the Bourbon into his glass.

"So can I ask why I was invited over? Seems like you weren't to interested in me a hour so ago. What changed?" I put my glass down before shrugging.

"You want the truth or some bs that I'm telling myself to try and justify my actions?" He lifts his eyebrows tilting his head side to side.

"Fuck it, the truth but still tell me the bs, it sounds interesting." I chuckle and sit back on the couch letting myself sink into it.

"Because you are actually intriguing to me, and I want to see what your going to do next, plus I like to think certain things happen for a reason and for you to come to Chicago out of all the places between and after, means you were meant to be here and for us to meet again? Something is going to happen." He nods before looking back at me.

"And the bullshit I'm telling myself is that men in general are trouble and that I know how this is gonna go so to prove everyone wrong imma let this ride out to prove I'm right." He laughs out right and I grin shaking my head. I check the time before getting up grabbing the pizza, but before I can dish it onto plates he's moved us to the kitchen putting the glasses on the table the bottles following. I grab water bottles and sit them down putting the pizza in front of us handing him a plate.

"You like cheese pizza?" I shrug before looking at him.

"Not if you're gonna crack a joke on me about it. If you are, no I don't, they fucked up my order." He snickers before nodding.

"I eat cheese pizza too, I just can't get with all the extra shit." I chuckle before sitting down across from him as he takes a bite out of the hot ass pizza. I plate a piece letting it cool as he speaks after swallowing.

"Back to what you said though, what fucked up shit have you been through that makes you think all men are trouble and you just to prove everyone wrong who think otherwise?" I lean back my eyes wide.

"Damn you want trauma this early?" He nods.

"Hell yeah, we already took lives together what's digging in old wounds?" I nod and I shrug.

"I actually don't have "dating trauma" like I said I was raised by with Diamond and Jenard's grandma. Ion know if you experienced the teachings of old black women but they can be really strict. I wasn't allowed to do literally anything and was barely taught a lot of shit dealing with how to deal with shit dealing with the opposite sex. All she told me was to keep my legs closed and stay out of pissy tailed boys faces. "He chuckles and I do the same remembering it.

" I was chunky and growing up dudes wasn't checking for that, not to mention I had Diamond literally beating up the ones that were interested in me left and right... It made me awkward, I didn't date seriously until I hit 21 and that was with Diamond, he went to jail and I didn't date until I was 30, we were together for two years before I left, anyone I've ever dated I've never went after because I was raised to not think about it. So being single wasn't a problem for me and quite frankly it's really hard for me to actually see any worth in dating anyone at this point I'm damn near forty with only 4 years of dating experience under my belt. I have problems getting attached and when I do, it feels weird. " He nods and he shrugs.

" That's actually not as bad as I was expecting. You just got attachment issues because a old lady made you a scared little nun. " I snort before as I cover my mouth laughing.

" You talking shit but what about you? Seems like you're making your way through Chicago. " He scoffs shaking his head.

" Last thing on my mind, I could've went the rest of my life in Chicago focusing on myself if I wanted to, but I'm trying to find some normalcy again, my life ain't been the worse but that shit definitely ain't been roses and daisies. I guess I can say I'm a self sabotager, but in this life shit changes so quickly and people you once trusted with your life is the one to take it and so I was always on ten, ready. It fucked up a lot of things for me. And I vowed to not let someone take my happiness away from me again. So I'm being picky with who I give it to. "I nod understanding that, in this life, shit changes before you can even blink and process it. I wouldn't be surprised if had dated people outside the life so he can get that normal life.

" Lemme guess, the woman you were referring to got killed before you could marry her? Or she turned out to be some cops mole?" He squints shaking his finger at me while pointing.

"You really good at this guessing game shit. How you figure that out?" I shrug and tilt my head looking at him.

"You said take your happiness from you again... That means they were either arrested or killed and based off the rage in your eyes they were killed. And I say marry because most men don't get that upset about a girlfriend getting killed in the life unless they're deeply in love with them damn near about to say I do hearing church bells in they head. "He nods and sighs looking down at his plate.

"What was her name?" He looks up at me and shrugs.

"Lakeisha. She has a son named Cash. Sweet kid, I didn't even get a chance to propose fuck marry." I nod before thinking about the name before chuckling he looks at me side ways.

"What the fuck you laughing at now?"

"She was black wasn't she?" He rolls his eyes and stuffs the pizza into his mouth and I laugh as he curses me out.

"The swirl really got you in a choke hold, huh?" He downs the rest of his liquor before speaking.

"Fuck you, I know what I like and ain't nobody about to make me feel ashamed for it." I hold my hands up shaking my head.

"I'm not complaining at all. But it's nice to see you obviously like black women and it's not just some weird ten year early mid life crisis bullshit." He chuckles and shakes his head.

"If you love that just wait until you learn that my brother is also black." I scoff shaking my head.

"Get the fuck outta here, Ghost ain't your blood brother." He shakes his head and I frown, what the fuck?

"My whore of a mother had a son here, obviously his father is black left his ass and I was stuck with crazy ass just to come here to find out that he even exists." aww, I feel sorry for them but at the same time what in the fuck? That has to be a crazy experience.

"Damn, that has to be a complete mind fuck. Are you guys cool?" He nods biting into a cookie.

"Yeah, he's a cool guy. Got some mommy issues obviously, he's gay too, has a son, I think his dad hates me, but I don't care, he'll learn to love me. He wears glasses but has to get it from his dad's side because none of us wear glasses." I cover up my grin as I listen to him ramble about his new family, he's really fond of him. I bet being the only kid can get lonely and to find out you're not alone makes a world of a difference.

" So, I seen some tension between you and your brother, what's up with that?" I shrug fixing my posture and as I speak my phone goes off, I look over seeing it's Diamond I roll my eyes flipping my phone over to dismiss the call before speaking.

"Just be lucky you two are the same gender, because you two are definitely gonna bump heads and if one of you were a female it'd be a lot more toxic. Trust me." He nods and I grab my waterbottle and stand up.

"Have anywhere to be?" He shakes his head and I nod for him to follow me. He gets up and we walk back to the living room and I turn on the TV he carries the cookies with him and we sit down.

"Ever seen Legend of the Guardians of The owls Ga'Hoole?" He scoffs and shakes his and I smirk before clicking on it.

"This is a fucking cartoon." I tuck my feet underneath myself before nodding.

"Yeah, but it's sorta cool, you'll like it."

"What's it about?"

"Shut up and see." He looks back at the screen before looking at me. "It's about fucking owls."

"Yes Thomas, I know. Shut up." Before he can say something else I grab a cookie pushing a piece into his mouth eating the other piece. He sighs and scoots down getting comfortable on the couch, crossing his arms. I grin looking back at the tv laying down on my pillow.

When I wake up I feel a weight on my hip and air hitting my ear, I squint blinking away the sleep, seeing skin, I jerk my head back but stop feeling trapped, I look around seeing the cover over us I see a larger lump over where only my leg is supposed to be, I rub my feet together feeling his, he has his whole leg wrapped around mine. I let out a puff of air through my nose and I look up seeing Tommy still asleep. I feel his arm around me and I chuckle silently. I never would have thought that this guy would be such a clingy cuddler. I slip my arm from his waist and lift his arm from my lower back and under my shirt slowly sitting up moving from his chest. I check the time and sigh thankful that I still got plenty of time before going to work.

I look at our legs and turn getting my hands on the floor trying to pull myself from his legs.

"What the fuck is your weird ass doing?" I jump making my still half sleep left arm give making me fall hitting my chin.

"Fuck, Thomas! You been awake this whole time?" I turn around and see him frowning before he gives a sinister smirk.

"Woke up when you were playing footsie with me. I wanted to see how you were going to get out. Wasn't really expecting this." I chuckle and he smiles moving his leg from mine sitting up. I keep my feet on the couch and sigh.

"I didn't want it to be weird." He gives me a really bitch face. I giggle and rub my chin sitting up on my elbows to look at him a little better.

"So crawling away isn't weird? I wasn't expecting that shit when I opened my eyes, scared the hell out of me." I tilt my head chuckling before dropping my head back allowing my body to decompress the early morning sun shining from the sheer part of the curtains making me tighten my eye lids as I shut them tighter.

"That movie was good. I gotta give you that." I lift my head and smile.

"I told you, but sorry for falling asleep though. I didn't even expect that shit." He chuckles shaking his head lifting his arms over his head stretching and I admire his body since he's in a black tank top now compared to the black long sleeve he was wearing before I dozed off. His hair messy and his eyes aren't as alert and they aren't as bright blue as they are in the middle of the day.

"Yeah, next time yo ass getting a 5-hour energy shot." I scoff and nod.

"And who said it will be another time?" He stops running his hands through his hair and looks me up and down and I raise an eyebrow with a playful smirk, he chuckles and nods.

"I did, what you got a problem with it? We can scrap if you got a problem." I laugh as he stands up lifting up his fists, playful bouncing from toe to toe.

"I guess I can put up with your ass again. But that leg wrap thing you do imma need you to keep that to yourself, woke up scared as hell." He chuckles and helps me up, I check the time and see my alarm should be coming on in a minute. I look at Tommy.

"I gotta get ready for a morning meeting, you're welcome to anything in the kitchen and if you leave before I come out the door automatically locks when you close it." He nods and I stand on my toes and press a kiss to his cheek and he looks at me like I just did something shocking I grin and turn around walking towards my room.

" I knew you liked me. "I roll my eyes flipping him off, and I hear his chuckle, I grin and go into my room and to my bathroom getting ready for my shower.

When I walk into the kitchen I see a bowl of oatmeal sitting on the table and I see my phone on the charger with a sticky note on the top, I walk over picking it up and I smile at the sloppily but elegant hand writing.

"Would've made coffee but your ass don't own a coffee machine, we're gonna have to fix that shit." I laugh pushing the sticky note onto the cupboard checking my phone seeing it's a few missed calls from Diamond an obvious time difference between them. I don't know who he thinks he's fooling. I dismiss them all before turning to the oatmeal looking at it, before taking a taste and nod, it's not bad. I grab a seat and start to check over some things for the meeting but as I do I see Gloria text me.

"How did your night go?" I roll my eyes and send a thumbs up.

"It was cool, we ate pizza, cookies and watched a movie lil shit He's cool." She sends a million hearts and the sweaty emoji and I roll my eyes before ignoring her going back to my food.

_____

I walk up to the door seeing Tommy waiting for me. He smiles and I smile back seeing him red from the wind beating his ass.

" How long you been out here? I just texted you that I was outside." He shrugs and nods behind him to the door as he opens it letting me in first.

"The food came maybe five minutes ago and so I just decided to say fuck it and wait for you down here." I walk inside and see a brown bag, he grabs it and we start upstairs as we do I see the TV on I shrug my coat off and before I can turn to put it up he grabs it putting it away, we walk to the living room and sit down and I see he has the bag still and I turn tucking my feet under neath myself my toes slightly chilly. He rubs his hands together and I raise an eyebrow his attitude catching my attention.

"So, I got sum shit I haven't done in a while and I think you'd enjoy it." I nod leaning up waiting for him to continue.

"I'm all ears and like I promised, you have me until whenever I'm off tomorrow I'm  awake." He gets that sinister smirk and I chuckle before he bounces up and goes back to the kitchen and I sit waiting.

"You do know how to play uno don't you?" I laugh and I see him coming in with a bottle of liquor and the pack of cards. I nod as he sits it down.

"Good,because after we eat we're getting to this shit." I laugh and he grabs the food unpacking it and I raise an eyebrow at the Italian beef.

"You remembered the place?" He looks proud and nods.

"I had to ask Lilliana ass she was being difficult but I found it. And I seen something else on there that seemed interesting so I had to try it out." Oh God, don't he know to not get random shit on menus?

"I know yo ass didn't get a damn meatball sub from that place. Tommy."

"They said that this shit is good so imma try it." I hold my hands up and I watch as he takes a bite. I shake my head and cut a piece of the beef and hold it on my fork waiting for him.

"Yeah that shit dry as fuck." I laugh before holding the fork up to his mouth after he drinks some water. He looks at it and I hold it closer and he takes the bite he chews and nods swallowing.

"That shit is a lot better. Hot as shit but good" I chuckle and shrug.

"I guess I can share with you seeing you bought it and all." He smiles and he grabs his fork and we eat from the plate, I see my phone light up and I see it's Diamond.

"I need to talk to you ASAP. This is business." I roll my eyes and turn back to Tommy as he tells me about his brother and how he's trying to set up the bar since he thinks the kids who were shooting out the windows are done.

"You think they want something from him?" He shrugs.

"The motherfucker don't like telling his business." I smack his arm and he shrugs.

"I see why, you telling me all this poor man's business like you a news reporter." He chuckles and shrugs grabbing the card deck moving to the coffee table, I do the same and sit across from him. He shuffles the cards before dealing them.

"What if I win?" He looks up and scoffs.

"You think you gone win? That's cute, real fucking cute." Before I can say my rebuttal his phone goes off, he checks it before answering.

"Yo... Nah, I'll meet yall at the shop." I groan laying back and he stands up looking over at me.

"Come on, it's a meeting with CBI, something popped off."

"I thought they weren't fucking with you? Men do that take back shit more than bitches I swear." He chuckles and I get up grabbing my phone and shoes slipping them on. He hands me my coat and we head down stairs to his car.

When we walk up to Diamond's shop I smack my lips looking over at Tommy.

" Was kinda proving a point to they ass by not seeing em. "

" Yeah well, this is serious."

I roll my eyes and see Victor getting up Jenard and Diamond crossing their arms.When they see us together Jenard curses and Diamond gets up.

"Aw hell nah! I know you ain't fucking white boy, now. See I told you ha ass was fucking around—"

"Shut the fuck up and get off my dick Jenard damn! Now why in the world am I here?" He slams back into the seat crossing his arms shaking his head muttering under his breath while Vic looks surprised.

"The Serbs are starting to hit back, me and Glo were shot at." I frown and cross my arms I'm going to curse her ass out for not telling me.

"Alright... Wait who the fuck shot at us when we got Liliana if we're were with the damn Serbians?" He looks at me and shakes his head but I cut my eyes at Jenard seeing that same look he gave when those idiots disobeyed Diamond. I start to pop my knuckles and Diamond stands up standing in front of my line of sight. Jenard looks at me and I see the smirk drop from his face. I look towards Diamond seeing if he's gonna say anything and he holds a hand up telling me to wait, I cross my arms and turn away from them.

"Woah, did I just miss some shit? What was with the sign language?" I shake my head pushing my braids back.

"Nothing, She just wants to go and retaliate against the Serbs and whoever  for doing that to her friend and you guys. But we can't just do that just yet. " Tommy looks at me and I nod. Diamond knew not to lie especially seeing the bed he's in right now. We decide to each handle it how we feel necessary and if the other needs help we'll help. Once Vic leaves I look at Tommy and tell him to wait for me but before he can register it Diamond cuts in.

"Don't worry about it, I'll drop her off."

"My car is at his spot, so unless you're gonna drive me to and from work no you're not."

"I'll ride with white boy and get your car and drop it off at yo spot." I roll my eyes and look at Tommy shaking my head but he has that stupid ass shine in his eyes before he shrugs.

"Who am I to get in the way of what your big brothers say?" I scoff and turn away from him walking to the seat Vic was just in.

"Some fucking brothers." Jenard gets up and walks out with him and I watch as they ride off.

"What do you need from me Diamond?" He crosses his arms and sighs.

"Jenard didn't shoot—"

"How you know? Because you were with him? That whole night?" He looks at me and I keep my eyes on his they squint willing to see him lie to me. He looks away but I speak.

"Look at me when you lie for the fucker that tried to kill me." He looks back at me and sighs rubbing his head.

"He didn't try to kill you, Celestial." I scoff and nod.

"Okay, imma keep that in mind when I aim for his spot. Because if that was anyone else then you'd be ready to end they ass but because that's your brother it's different or he didn't try to shoot at me, even though I was with him! Fuck you Diamond, you keep sticking up for him even though he's making bad ass moves. You better hope that bitch who was randomly at your booth ain't here to set you up. " I get up heading for the door but I hear him scoff.

" So that's what this is about, you getting with Tommy to piss me off because of Adrienne? "I blink my head jerking back at the audacity before turning around.

" Excuse me? Trying to piss you off? Oh sweetheart you gotta know I'm good on your ass, I don't want no man who can't have my back. But I was saying that because I still cared about you, anyone can see your damn plaque sitting where she was. You ain't gonna tell me Rick ain't tell her ass that booth is someone's. Funny she just appears when Vic gets shot at, Liliana gets kidnapped, but yet the guy that's most identifiable hasn't had shit done to him. You don't find that suspicious that she comes and shares her damn food within what? 30 minutes into meeting you? Jealous or not you're stupid and I can't deal. " He glares at me from his nose but I shake my head shaking my head.

" What do you want from me Celestial? It's obvious you made your mind up. "I push at his chest and he moves back with his foot and I smack at his chest.

" I want you to stick up for me! Jenard threatened to kill me and help you look for my body! He called me your bitch and literally barked at me when you told me to follow you. When he said I had no voice during our conversation you did nothing to back me up. When you got caught with that bitch you did nothing, you didn't leave with me, you stayed. You keep disrespecting me! I don't need that shit! So fuck you and I can fuck anyone I want and you aren't gonna do shit because you lost that right. I'm done with y'all because imma end up dead fucking with Jenard and you might help him bury me in the end because he's blood. " I wipe my eyes and turn walking out of the shop, but I hear him follow after me.

" Celestial—"

" It's Celeste to you. "He grabs my arm and I smack it away, he stops moving his hand away from me.

" Why do you like playing with my emotions like this? You're the only one who can make me feel like this! And you know it! I know I ain't blood but damn it at least act like I'm more than some random bitch you care about." I put more space between us but he grabs me back he looks down at me, only for me to smack his hands away again.

" Don't fucking touch me after touching that bitch. Don't ever disrespect me like that again my last time telling you that. You don't see me touching you."He nods and I turn around yanking the door open leaving out I don't hear him behind me. My scoff is cut off as I hear fast footsteps behind me, I turn seeing his big ass following me.

" I never thought I'd ever have to say it out loud, but I've come to the realization that I'd always been on your side if it ever came between you and J. Because I know if anything you'd stay on my side. I don't say nothing when you and him say the shit yall do or he does is because I don't want to make it worse, Jenard takes anything I say as the law or a backstabbing. I know you can deal with him. And if he is the one who shot at you guys he's done, he's gone simple as that. You know I'd never let anything happen to you knowingly. You know that. I never meant for my silence to be silent agreement to your disrespect."I continue to look forward. He sighs and walks in front of me.

" You know I hate seeing you cry, and knew you needed your space after my third mess up that day. You're mines end of the day whoever you date don't mean shit if they ain't me and vice versa. If you don't want me I'll wait, hell I already did for 15 years, what's another? You're what I see when I say home. My image of a perfect is literally built around you, doing this shit is to make sure I can provide for you only... And if you wanna fuck white boy don't let me even get a idea of it or I'm beating his ass. I mean that shit. "I roll my eyes and walk around him.

" I don't fuck just anyone, I'm not you. And I don't trust his ass because he thinks he can get me to switch sides and I'm not. If I ever leave CBI that means I'm leaving this street shit completely or I'm dead. "He nods and I look up at him.

" And about the death threat, I'll handle that shit, because it's obvious he's on some destructive path and I'll be damned if he touches you. " I look how far we are from the shop before turning around, he chuckles and follows after me,  he walks behind me and I feel his hands slowly wrap around my waist and I cut my eyes at him. He's testing me.

" You pushing it. "He presses a kiss to my head and I sigh putting my hand against his on my stomach.

" Aren't I always?"He tightens his grip on me but I ignore it and we're silent until we get to his truck. I get inside and he pulls off to my house. When we make it I see my car, imma have to check it because I don't trust Jenard ass to not have cut anything in my shit. When I notice Diamond ain't leave the car I nod for him to come in. When he makes it in I motion to the guest room before telling him goodnight.

Just as I wipe my mouth after brushing my teeth I see him walk into the bathroom, I turn looking at him. He comes up to me and before I can ask him what the hell he's doing he pulls me into a deep kiss making me flinch from surprise, turning into glaring at him as he lifts me up his lips don't move from mine. He forces his way into my mouth and I feel him slide his hand to the side of my ass and... Fuck it we're only going this far, I'm not fucking him until he gets tested. I close my eyes and wrap my arms around his neck pulling him closer to me. I sigh as his grip gets tighter and I pull away inhaling as his lips peck mine.

"I'm going to sleep, you need to do the same." I look up at him and he has a light grin on his face. I push him away and he tells me goodnight and I repeat it before watching him leaving out. I sigh getting down and heading to my bed turning off the light and exhaling looking over at the the window pretty sure I know what I'll be doing for the next month.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.8K 324 14
He rushes behind a car as I'm shooting at him as he's shooting while running away. "Imma Kill You Manny!" I growl at him angrily as I keep firing sho...
11.1K 512 28
BOOK I When a small town girl who can barely get a grip of her own life, runs into a big time Mafia boss, she realizes she's in for the ride of her l...
24.8K 949 30
SOME CHAPTERS WILL BE PRIVATE * FOLLOW *