Legendary Stars

By Dayelight

In the midst of a violent uprising centuries in the making, Jai awakens to his true identity. Once believing... More

Part 1: Golden Eyed Legend
Part 1 Chapter 1
Part 1 Chapter 2
Part 1 Chapter 3
Part 1 Chapter 4
Part 1 Chapter 5
Part 1 Chapter 6
Part 1 Chapter 7
Part 1 Chapter 8
Part 1 Chapter 9
Part 1 Chapter 10
Part 1 Chapter 11
Part 1 Chapter 12
Part 2: Silver Eyed Seer
Part 2 Chapter 1
Part 2 Chapter 2
Part 2 Chapter 3
Part 2 Chapter 4
Part 2 Chapter 5
Part 2 Chapter 7
Part 2 Chapter 8
Part 2 Chapter 9
Part 2 Chapter 10
Part 2 Chapter 10 ~continued
Part 2 Chapter 11
Part 2 Chapter 12
Part 2 Chapter 12 ~ continued
Part 2 Chapter 13
Part 2 Danger Begins
Part 3: Blue Eyed Moon
Part 3 Chapter 1
Part 3 Chapter 1 ~ continued
Part 3 Chapter 2
Part 3 Chapter 3
Part 3 Chapter 4
Part 3 Chapter 4 ~ continued
Part 3 Chapter 5
Part 3 Chapter 5 ~ continued
Part 3 Chapter 6
Part 3 Chapter 7
Part 3 Chapter 7 ~ continued
Part 3 Chapter 8
Part 3 Chapter 9
Part 3 Chapter 10
Part 3 Chapter 10 ~ continued
Part 3 Chapter 11
Part 3 Chapter 12
Part 3 Chapter 12 ~ continued
Part 3 Chapter 13
Part 3 Chapter 13 ~ continued
Part 4: Green Eyed Keeper
Part 4 Chapter 1
Part 4 Chapter 2
Part 4 Chapter 3

Part 2 Chapter 6

13 6 2
By Dayelight

 Boaz looked down and gulped. He was flying at a ridiculous speed, high in the air, getting smacked in the face continuously by lengthy waves of gunmetal color locks. He had left Kashmala about an hour ago and was almost to Kindle with the assistance of wild-haired Hova. She was very friendly and completely spontaneous. It took forever for her to make up her mind about which bird she was going to choose for the journey. She went back and forth between the needletail and the falcon. Saar kept insisting that she use the falcon. Still, she seemed more interested in comparing the speeds between the two so she could document it. She even, at one point, suggested that we take both, each riding separately. Ultimately, thanks to Saar's insistence, she chose the falcon.

Boaz could not wait to get off of the winged creature. Hova, on the other, seemed to be enjoying herself. She took her deep brown hands off the reins letting the wind flow between her fingers. "Don't kill me; I can't afford to die right now," Boaz groaned.

"Oh, I forgot you were scared," Hova replied, quickly grabbing the reins.

He frowned at her remarks, "I'm not scared, just uneasy about flying near the sun with someone who takes her hands off the reins," he grumbled.

"Yeah, yeah, just another way of saying scared," Hova giggled. She looked back with a purely mischievous twinkle in her slate-gray eyes. He was glad that he had gone to Kashmala. Kavi seemed to take the news about Aqila's disappearance seriously, and the Universe was definitely with him. He argued with the Wind Guardian, who happened to be Kavi's brother. And to top it off, Kavi was the mystery man Aqila's engaged to. Everything was working out. He felt confident that if anyone could find Aqila, Kavi could.

"You doing okay back there," Hova asked.

"Yeah, I guess," Boaz groaned.

"Hey, I don't know everything that's going on, but your friends are truly blessed to have you. You're determined to make sure things go right on their behalf. My favorite girl is going as fast as she can, and we should reach Kindle by nightfall tops," Hova reassured.

"Thanks, I really appreciate it. Will you be staying?"

"Me, of course not," she scoffed, "I plan on getting back ASAP to convince Saar to give me all the details about what's going on. I'm his best friend, and he has to fill me in," Hova was convinced that Saar would fill her in.

"Yeah, I hope that goes well," Boaz rolled his eyes.

"Wait, what's that supposed to mean," Hova frowned at the thought of being left out.

"Nothing, so how long have you known Saar," he decided to change the subject.

"My whole life. In Kashmala, we start going to school at four. Saar, Aqila, she's an apprentice seer, and I started school together. Our primary school is from ages four to seven. Secondary school is from seven to ten, and we prepare for specialty schools in whatever our interests are. We started our first classes together. That first year was so fun. Saar and I sat beside each other during class. Aqila sat beside Kavi. They're both left-handed, so they always shared a desk. And that was the beginning for them," she giggled, "they really grew to like each other."

"That first day was so exhilarating. Aqila could have these mini visions about things that would happen the next day. That was always fun until things got out of hand, and students wanted her to always have visions for them. Only Kavi could get them to back off and give her some space. Well, anyway, after our first year. Aqila skipped the second year and went to the third. Saar and I went to my second year. I can't remember ever having a class where we didn't share a desk... or he didn't fall asleep and was scurrying to pass at the end of the year."

"After school, the four of us would always spend time together trying new things or going to new places. It felt somewhat strange when Aqila went to secondary school without us, and I missed her in class, but we always made up for lost time after school. After secondary school, Saar started his apprenticeship with the WindGuard, and I went to school for Advanced Avian Biology. I would see Kavi at the Specialty School, and he went for Advanced Chemistry and Advanced Mathematical Science."

"Did Aqila go to the Specialty School," Boaz asked. He found Hova's childhood very interesting.

"She did for a year. She was in the science wing with Kavi and me. She completed the first level, Applied Astronomy, in one year. Awesome, because the Applied level normally takes two years. Her mentor came for her, and she moved far away after that year to start her seer apprenticeship. She never got to finish the level two Associate or her level three Advanced Astronomy. That was a sad summer when her mentor came," Hova signed, "The Rulers Akash and Sufa announced to Kashmala and Wyndhm that Aqila was beginning her training as a seer. It felt like we were counting down to never seeing her again. Kavi and Saar begged their parents to allow Aqila time to visit, and they did. She could visit us one day a week. We were so happy! Aqila would save her time so we could have summer, birthdays, and holidays together. All in all, we were always okay."

"Hold up, Kavi and Saar's parents are the Rulers of Kashmala," Boaz's jaw dropped.

"Yes," Hova replied, unimpressed.

"So, I was arguing with the son of a ruler, great," he mumbled.

"What was that?"

"Um, what made you want to enter Advanced Avian Science?"

"Advanced Avian Biology," she corrected, "I love birds! Always have, always will! They are so amazing. And I love researching the species bred for riding, and it's interesting. Birds actually do a lot for Wyndhm and Kashmala's natural ecosystem."

Boaz smiled. It seemed like growing up as a Windmaster was nice. He couldn't imagine what it must have been like growing up free from a civil war. He looked to the sky, it was getting late, and dusk was coming onto the horizon. He hoped that Aqila was alright. He had to find Sheraga and give him the message. He just prayed that he wasn't too late. He closed his eyes and sighed.

Moss-eyed Ila appeared before him, eroding the darkness behind his eyelids, "Concentrate on doing your best, and you won't have to worry about being too late," she spoke in a gentle whisper.

"It's almost nightfall. What if I took too long to get help? What if something happened to Aqila already? What if something happened to Jai? He's the Legend. I don't want to live with their deaths forever in my conscience," Boaz thought to her.

Ila disappeared, and a man rose in her place. He was broad-shouldered with cool, brown skin. His eyes were a deep shade of blue, and his wild waves of silky black hair fell just past his shoulders, "Does anything happen without the Universe knowing? Do you believe that they control these stars?"

"Nothing happens without the Universe," Boaz confirmed.

The blue-eyed man disappeared, and Basir arose, "What Aenon was telling you is to keep your faith. Everything happens for a reason. If someone is meant to live, the Universe ensures that they live. However, the Universe ensures they pass if someone's time has come. Like you do not fear life, you should not fear death. We all live because someone died. Just do your best and let the timekeeper keep time." Basir slowly faded away.

"Let the timekeeper keep time?" Boaz opened his eyes. Ila, Aenon, and Basir's presence refueled his confidence. Although some things Basir said went over his head.

"We're in Kindle now. Do you know where Sheraga is staying," Hova asked, thoroughly shaking Boaz from his thoughts.

"Um, well, he's staying with Tora," Boaz replied.

"Hm, is that so? Alright, my favorite girl will have you there in half an hour, won't you, Swift," she cooed to the falcon. The bird squawked in response, maintaining its speed.

Boaz was concerned about finding Sheraga. He wasn't sure how he would explain everything that Aqila told him. Would Sheraga believe him? He has a reputation for being hot-headed and battle-ready. Growing up in a civil war taught Boaz that people like that can be complicated to reason with. He only hoped that Sheraga was not like that. Also, he was concerned about being in Kindle. Theyra and Kindle have strained relationships, and the last thing he wanted to do was to trigger another war. He didn't want an incident like what happened on the Kashmalan border... even though Saar didn't really help in that situation. Determined to do his best for Aqila's sake, he decided to be more cautious in dealing with the Firehearts than he had been with the Windmasters. It worked out that generally, they are more peaceful-natured people. However, Boaz knew he needed to learn from his mistakes.

The smell of sand filled Boaz's nostrils as they continued through Kindle's sky. Dusk was approaching swiftly, and Boaz needed time to find Sheraga, Tora, or both.

"Thanks for bringing me here. You really made good time," Boaz thanked Hova.

"Anytime, I hope your journey continues to be progressive," she replied as she landed Swift.

Boaz jumped off the falcon's back and grabbed his things. He gently stroked Swift's brown, feathery face, "Thank you," he whispered. He headed to his left.

"Landkeeper, wait!"

Boaz turned as Hova called him, "Yes?"

"Tora's place is the other way. Look for a sandstone house with textured glass double front doors. I think he has hot stones for a door mat too. You can't miss it," she explained as Swift hovered off the ground.

"Thanks, Hova," Boaz waved. She nodded, and Swift flew off, back in the direction of Kashmala. Even at top speed, she wouldn't be back home until tomorrow if she didn't stop for the night. The desert of Kindle was different from the Theyran desert. Back at home, there were a few oasis' that sparked life in mini towns, like the one he lived in. However, this desert was highly populated. He did not see any houses yet, but when he focused, he could feel structures up ahead through the soles of his feet. Boaz walked through the desert regarding the location of the structures he was sure were houses. After another half hour passed, a village came into view. It was getting darker, so he began to run to the village. He ran past a few dunes, and there he was, looking over the village. However, despair began to creep into his heart. Hova made it seem like Tora's place would be obvious to find. However, most homes here were sandstone, and he could see several glass front doors.

"Ugh, and she said I wouldn't miss it," Boaz groaned. He took a deep breath and continued forward. He had to find Sheraga before it got too dark. As he traveled through the city, the smell of fire filled his nostrils, and the presence of smoke was burning his eyes.

"How do they do it," he murmured to himself.

Boaz began feeling frustrated. Several sandstone homes, glass doors, and hot stone door mats. He wished Hova had taken him straight to Tora's place. Well, she couldn't do that with Swift. But it would have been helpful if she had come with him. Well, it wasn't like she knew exactly what was going on to understand how imperative it was that he found Sheraga. All she knew was that she needed to get him to Kindle.

After a mile of walking, Boaz looked to see the sun almost completely gone for the day. He sighed, "If anyone wants to come out and point me in the direction of the right house, be my guest." No one answered. Boaz became frustrated by the lack of response and began thrashing at the air as he walked. This earned him nervous glances from the citizens of Kindle. Boaz stopped, not wanting to draw too much attention to himself. He heard a feminine giggle but saw no one. He listened to the laughter again. "The young Windmaster told you what you needed to know. Details Bo, details. Look for a sandstone house with textured glass double front doors." The voice reminded him. "Oh yeah, textured glass double doors, thanks, Cyra." Boaz continued on for another ten minutes, hastily searching for the house. Panic was beginning to set in as he thought about approaching darkness. He was still in enemy territory. He truly felt lost wandering around the unfamiliar desert city.

The Universe was with him, for as the darkness filled the sky, he found a sandstone house with textured glass double doors. He ran towards the door, carefully avoiding the hot stone door mat, and feverishly knocked on the door. "Who is it," a man's voice yelled out, irritation in his tone.

"It's an emergency. I need Tora or Sheraga," Boaz replied. He waited for several minutes without an answer. Suddenly the door opened. A tall young man with warm, brown skin opened the door. His eyes were an intense hazel, "You're looking for me?"

"You're Tora," Boaz questioned as he was allowed to step inside. He looked around the sandstone house. It was pretty nice but not extravagant. The walls were a light beige, and there were firelit lamps in every corner. On one wall was a long clawfoot soft with red embroidered cushions. Stretched out on this sofa was an extravagantly dressed Pyrocean with long, blood-red hair. Boaz exclaimed, "You're Sheraga! I have a message for you from Aqila."

Tora and Sheraga looked at each other with questioning looks. Tora burst into laughter, "What would a seer want with the likes of you? Look, we both are acquaintances of hers. If she had a message, she'd send it herself," Tora hissed, lightning encasing his fingers, "so come again, what do you want?"

Sheraga laughed, "Tora as a leader, I would not expect you to be so rough with your guest. Let him continue telling us his elaborate and thrilling story."

Boaz was irritated, and seeing that Tora was around the same age as himself, he wanted to give him a piece of his mind. He sighed and thought about Aqila. She trusted him, "Aqila came to my parent's library this morning to return her books. She told me that she needed a death vision and thought it had something to do with Jai the Legend. We talked about her journey to Pyroc and meeting the Legend. She also mentioned the message she passed to you, Sheraga, about Agnes. She expressed her concerns about Agnes' intentions. Aqila went outside to have her vision, then she went missing."

Sheraga sat up straight, "What do you mean missing?"

"She has had visions before, and she'd go out past the dunes near the border. She wasn't there after a while. I waited for her, but she was nowhere to be found. Talon was outside going amuck, which made me look for her. I went to Kashmala, argued with the guard, met Aqila's fiance, and flew on a falcon's back with a crazy lady just to get here. The bottom line is that Aqila had a vision about Jai being in danger."

"Come on, Sheraga, you're not buying this, really? A Landkeeper and a Windmaster friends? A legend needs saving? Give me a break," Tora groaned.

Sheraga spoke slowly, "He's not lying, Tora. It's all the truth." He stood up. Tora's eyes went wide with disbelief.

"You met the Legend and never said anything," Tora gasped.

"It wasn't my business to tell. I have to go, my brother was with Jai. If they are in danger, I need to help them," Sheraga started for the door.

"Sheraga waits. Aqila's still an apprentice seer. Are you sure this isn't a mistake? You can't afford to damage your reputation. You're the DragonLord, and I'll go in your stead," Tora offered.

"No, I need you here. Tora, you're a young leader, and your enemies will take advantage of your absence. As for Aqila, the last time she told me of a death vision, she was deadly accurate. Depending on what's going on, I may need to bring someone back here," Sheraga explained.

"Of course, in circumstances like this, my house is yours."

"What's your name, Landkeeper," Sheraga asked.

"Boaz of Theyra."

"Well, Boaz, come with me. Then you can accurately report back to Kashmala," Shereaga walked past Boaz and continued outside.

"What about Aqila? Is anyone looking for her," Tora asked.

"Kavi was going to look for her," Boaz answered.

"If anyone can find her, it's him. Sorry I brushed you off earlier," Tora shook Boaz's hand, "Sheraga's preparing to leave. You've come a long way. Take Magma," Tora escorted Boaz outside and around the back of the sandstone house. A giant Gila monster is saddled and ready for riding. Tora looked at Boaz, "Can you ride her?"

"I'd rather ride this than the bird again. Will she allow me to ride her?"

"Yeah," he motioned for Boaz to follow him. He strapped a clear cubed lantern around the Gila monster's neck and lit a fire in the lantern before sealing it. "Since you're not a Fireheart, she's let you ride with this. She's a reptile, so she needs heat to function. The neck light will suffice. She's pretty easy to handle. Now, if she bites, it is poisonous, but as long as you're not stupid, you'll be fine."

Boaz mounted Magma and pulled the reins to get her to move. Like Tora said, she was straightforward to handle. Sheraga rode his Komodo dragon around the back and asked, "Boaz, you coming?"

"Yeah, I'm coming," Magma quickly followed Sheraga's reptile," Boaz turned to Tora, "thanks."

Tora nodded them off. As the night grew, the pair were heading towards Ember. Boaz was thankful that Sheraga believed him and just prayed that the Legend would be alright until they arrived.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

38 0 22
When Earth is destroyed, Colin is at work. He watches the office melt down like a candle, his beloved ones disappear in front of his eyes. Alone, the...
702 180 30
Two royals collide in a jungle both looking for an adventure love and freedom but each in love with another ..A prince who lost his destiny falls for...
643 60 26
There was once a happy time, where the people of Jaira could be free whether they had magic or not. Now Goron, an evil sorcerer, has taken everyone'...