Home at Last [Twisted Wonderl...

Από FlippyWoof

A Twisted Wonderland Series: When an incident happens that resulted in her arriving at Twisted Wonderland, My... Περισσότερα

Mylo's Background
Prologue
Ramshackle and Acquaintances

Orientation

245 8 1
Από FlippyWoof

How dark. Everywhere around me has been dark ever since I got on the carriage. I noticed that Ive brought my teddy bear with me and I hugged it tightly to my chest. My body is still throbbing with the pain that I received in the forest. Finally waking up to my senses, I realized that I was confined in a dark space. Looking around at the shape, it looked like some sort of coffin. Did the carriage belong to them after all? I couldnt answer that question as someone opened my coffin. It was a cat. At least, that is what I would say if it werent for it to be floating and having fire coming out of its ears. Not to mention the tail that reminded me of a pitchfork. It was frantically looking for a robe? And when it spotted me, it had asked me to hand my robe over. What robe? I looked down at myself, and my eyes widened. I now had a sophisticated robe over my ragged dress now. It started to threaten me with fire if I didnt give up my robe. I refused to give the robe up to it as this was the first comfortable thing I had worn in years and we continued to bicker until someone cracked a whip and hit the cat.

"Me-YEOW! That hurt! What gives?" The cat yelled out loud.

"Consider it tough love."

"Ah, Ive found you at last. Splendid. So this is where you were! Ive been looking all over for you! I trust that youre one of this years new students? You even brought this poorly trained familiar with you, what a violation of rules." I turned to see aplague doctor? No, he was definitely not a doctor, but he did wear a mask of a raven. I tried to tell him that the cat didnt belong to me, but he kept on ignoring me. He urged me to follow him and I did, as I had nowhere to go. I didnt even recognize where we were right now. As he was rambling about finding me, I decided to interrupt him.

"Um, where are we?" He looked down at me as if I had grown an additional head and sighed.

"Oh? Have you not fully regained your consciousness? Perhaps the timespace teleportation must have affected your memories. Young man, we are at Night Raven College, an institution for students all over the world who demonstrate a rare aptitude of magic. It is also the most prestigious academy in all of Twisted Wonderland! I am Dire Crowley, the headmaster of this school. Now then, lets not waste time and go attend orientation." He explained it to me. Twisted Wonderland? Magic? Could this be a school for witches?! The carriage took me to a place where such evilness resides?! Goodness gracious if mother heard of this she would be mortified. As much as I wanted to tell him that I was a girl, he looked like he wouldnt care about what I said.

When we arrived inside the school, I saw a bunch of people wearing the same robes as me. They all had their hoods up just like I did and there was a huge mirror in the middle. Suddenly, someone spoke out loud.

"So, we're done with orientation and dorm assignments? All right, new students–let me be clear. At Heartslabyul Dorm, I am the law. Break the rules, and its off with your head!" one of the figures standing in front of the room said. I could see that he had red hair and he looked pretty strict. He is the law? But thats one of the reasons why people protested against the royal family.

"Yawn. Well, that ceremony was as boring as ever. Im going back to the dorm. If youre in Savanaclaw Dorm, follow me." Another figure at the front spoke. There were two tiny lumps in his hood, perhaps they were ears? There were six in total. Perhaps they were in charge?

"New students! Allow me to be the first to congratulate you on your achievement. As dorm leader of Octavinelle Dorm, I am honored to have the opportunity to support you in what I hope will be a fulfilling campus experience." Another figure had said. He had glasses on him and he talked like a businessman.

"Hey, does anyone know where the headmaster went? He disappeared midway through the ceremony" Another figure had said. I could see his face, and he was a handsome man indeed. Ive seen a fair share of handsome boys when my father used to bring future suitors to meet me(In the end we rejected all of them. I was as young as 2, what do they expect?), but Ive never seen anyone who radiated this much beauty.

"Some headmage he is." Oh right. One of them was a floating, blue square? I wonder what kind of witchcraft that is

"Maybe he had a stomach ache?" The last man had said. From what I could see, he had red eyes. Suddenly, Sir Crowley stepped up and yelled.

"I most certainly did not!"

"Ah, speak of the devil." The red haired man had said. Yes, speak of the devil indeed, what kind of cult did I walk into?

"If you must know, I was simply searching for one last student who didnt show up. You are the only one left who hasnt been assigned to a dorm. Step up to the Dark Mirror, and be quick. Ill watch your familiar." Sir Crowley had pushed me towards the mirror and I quickly walked up to it as all eyes were on me. This is quite embarrassing, the fact that all attention is on me.

"State thy name The big mirror said." I was shocked that a face appeared on it, but Sir Crowley said to be quick about it, and I didnt want to waste anyones time.

"Im Mylo Vecillia." To be honest, the big mirror scared me. It looked really mean, like the people that I saw everyday at the market.

"Mylo...The nature of your soul is unclear to me."

"What did you say?" Sir Crowley had spoken up.

"I sense no magical power from this little one. Soundless, colorless, shapeless, nothing. Therefore, no dorm is suitable for her." The mirror had proclaimed. I mean, I cant be with magic, I dont practice witchcraft!

"In its century of existence not once has the black carriage gone and brought a student who couldnt use magic! And what do you mean by her?" Sir Crowley complained and looked towards me. I could only stand there and watch everything unfold as I couldnt do anything. Suddenly, the cat(Who called himself Grim) had broken out of Sir Crowleys arms and began to cause a ruckus.

"Then let ME have this students seat! Unlike that human, I can actually use magic! So let me become a student here! Let me show you just how great I am!" The cat yelled out as he pushed me to the side. Sir Crowley tried to complain but he was completely shut out by the cat.

"Everyone, get down!" The red haired man yelled. IN that moment, the cat spew out blue fire that spread all across the room. Panic arose within everyone and I ran to help put out a fire that was caught on the red eyed boys robe.

"Goodness! Here, I'll fan this fire out for you, sir!" I quickly fanned the fire out.

"Thanks!" He smiled at me. He had a very bright smile, and I smiled back at him. It was as if realization had struck him that I was a girl now that he could clearly see my face. As I looked around, I saw that they were still dealing with the cat. The figures who were now at the front were arguing with each other about who should deal with the cat. Suddenly, the cat was about to spew his fire at the red haired man and as if on instinct, I reacted and ran in front of him.

"Watch out!" The red haired man yelled as he saw me run in front of him. The fire from the cat engulfed me and my robe started to burn off. I opened my eyes when tat burning sensation was gone and I looked around to see all eyes on me. Oh, right, I was still wearing the same thing that I wore when I ran into the forest. "Off With Your Head!" He yelled, and suddenly there was a collar around the cat. Apparently the collar prevented those who had it from using magic.

"Do something about him, he is your familiar!"
Sir Crowley had yelled at me once he strided up to me. Overwhelmed, I bowed my head down in shame and started to cry.

"H-he isnt mine! I can barely provide for my family, what makes you t-think that I can provide for a cat? You daft headed, deaf, stupid bird!" I continued to cry as everyone began to look at me. They had pity in their eyes. Sir Crowley tried to comfort me until he noticed something.

"Oh, s-so he isnt yours? Alright then- wait. A little girl?" He looked taken aback. Even the people around me started to whisper about me, how I was a child, a girl in an all boys school, had a bunch of injuries and was dressed in rags. Feeling exposed, I began to cry even harder. This is why I shouldnt trust anyone. All they ever talk about is another person. The first thing they do is judge them, how sick of them. Sir Crolwey looked confused, but I could only continue to cry as I had finally broken down after several years of not crying.

"Ah, so I was correct." Someone had said. He emerged from the shadows and his eyes landed on me. He waved at me with a smile before turning to everyone else. "It seems that Malleus has not been invited again this year. I'm not sure if he will be happy once we get back." Now everyone is muttering about this Malleus person instead of me. This is how human nature works, they go from one gossip to another and once they do, their previous topic becomes useless to them.

Once everyone left, it was only Sir Crowley and me left in the big empty room. The big mirror said that my home did not exist which made me feel devastated because my family needs me. I was still crying at that point, but now, I'm crying even harder. Sir Crowley said that being the gracious person he is, he will let me stay at this place called Ramshackle Dorm, although he did take me to the infirmary to get my injuries checked upon.

The nurse was a ghost, but she was a very nice ghost. Not only did she treat my wounds, she also gave me a nice little gown to wear. She even attempted to make me not cry anymore which worked. Just then, another person walked in.

"Dire Crowley, I need to-" The man looked at me and I looked at him. He wore a fur coat, a coat that a lot of really rich aristocrats would wear. He also had his air in two different colors. One side was black and the other side was white. "Dire, who is this little girl?"

"Oh, well if it isnt Divus Crewel. She was taken here by the black carriage and we couldnt find her way home. So she'll be staying at Ramshackle Dorm for the moment." Sir Crowley explained to Sir Crewel about my situation and why I'm in the infirmary. Sire Crewel looked at me momentarily before leaving.

"I hope you actually take good care of that little girl, Dire. Otherwise I will come for your throat." Sir Crewel warned Sir Crowley before leaving. Sir Crowley sweatdropped, but he quickly turned his attention to me, not that the nurse was done.

"Shall we go check out the dorm you will stay in, little one?" he said to me.

"Yes, we shall. Please, call me Mylo, or Lo, if you want. Also, may I call you Sir Crowley?" I asked him. He never told me what I should call him and my etiquette teacher had always said to address people formally, so I just decided on calling him Sir Crowley. He said that it was fine and we began our walk to my new home.

Yes, MY new home. Not my familys.

_______________

End Note
This was a bit rushed so I couldn't fit much in here as I feel like it was get too long. I'm writing all of this on a Google Doc before pasting it here and this part already took up around 4 pages so it was getting lengthy. I promise that once the overall prologue part is over the chapters will get shorter and easier to read ^^.

And if you are wondering, yes, Mylo's world is currently in the 19th century right now. That's why I'm trying my best to make her sound "old-styled" if you get what I mean.

I just realized that when pasting from Doc to here, it doesn't paste the quotation marks or the apostrophes. Damn it. Sorry for any future mistakes I will try my best to fix it before publishing.

Συνέχεια Ανάγνωσης

Θα σας αρέσει επίσης

143K 2.7K 31
In the whirlwind world of basketball and broken promises, Nailea finds herself at a crossroads as she prepares to transfer to the same college as Pai...
252K 10.5K 37
ဤ Fic သည် အရမ်းရိုင်းစိုင်းသော အသုံးအနှုန်းတွေကိုသာသုံးထားသော Big Warning 🚨18+ Fic တပုဒ်ဖြစ်သည် ။
294K 9.8K 52
There's no way you're hitting on me right now. ━ Lando Norris x Fem!OC © KissLeclerc , April 2024 Started: April 8, 2024 Completed: May 10, 2...
297K 6.7K 35
"That better not be a sticky fingers poster." "And if it is ." "I think I'm the luckiest bloke at Hartley." Heartbreak High season 1-2 Spider x oc