๐—Ÿ๐—œ๐—ง๐—ง๐—Ÿ๐—˜ ๐—ž๐—œ๐—ง๐—ง๐—˜๐—ก ||...

By ASTRAGAZER-

โ๐™„๐™› ๐™ฎ๐™ค๐™ช'๐™ง๐™š ๐™จ๐™ค ๐™œ๐™ค๐™ค๐™™ ๐™ฌ๐™ž๐™ฉ๐™ ๐™ ๐™ž๐™™๐™จ, ๐™ฌ๐™๐™ฎ ๐™™๐™ค๐™ฃ'๐™ฉ ๐™ฎ๐™ค๐™ช ๐™๐™š๐™ก๐™ฅ ๐™ข๐™š ๐™ง๐™–๐™ž๐™จ๐™š ๐™ข๐™ฎ ๐™™๐™–... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Epilogue

Chapter 27

17.2K 939 729
By ASTRAGAZER-

Right after driving Suki to school, Kenma headed to a café near his apartment complex when he and the man agreed to meet. When Kenma got there, the man was already waiting and when he saw Kenma he stood up.

"Aren't you punctual," Kenma said, sitting down. "Mr. Aihara."

The man chuckled, taking a seat as well. Now that Kenma was able to observe the man, he realized he must have been seven to ten years older than Kenma. Aihara Mori, judging by his personality, he seems to know when he should be carefree and when he should be professional.

"So, you work in Real Estate abroad, Mr. Aihara," Kenma started, taking out the business card he gave him yesterday. "I do stock trading and owns a Private Limited Company, but I haven't really dabbled in Real Estates. I heard there's quite a lot of money there."

"Mr. Kozume, I didn't ask you to meet me to talk about businesses."

"Then you shouldn't have given me your business card and gave me your home telephone number instead." Kenma put the business card on the table and the man looked at it for a second.

"I don't know if you're trying to boast about the fact that you work at a well-known Real Estate in the US or you don't want to give your personal telephone number because you're afraid someone else might pick up my call."

"No, I don't intend to boast about my work," he said, looking back at Kenma. "I just happen to have my business card with me that time."

"So it's the latter?" Kenma asked before he adjusted on his seat and leaned forward. "Can I ask you something, Mr. Aihara?"

"Sure,"

"Do you have a wife?"

Kenma's question was straight to the point, the man didn't seem to waver at all either. He look at Kenma before he answered. "Yes,"

"Are you happy with your family?"

"Yes,"

"Then," Kenma started, leaning back before he prepared to stand up. "I think we should cut this meeting short and move on with our own personal lives."

Kenma had already stood up, and he was about to leave when the man called him.

No, it wasn't Kenma's name he called.

"Kozume...Kana, I just want to know how she was."

"Why?" Kenma asked, by the passing seconds he find it hard to maintain a neutral expression. "Why do you want to know how she was? Did something happen between you two?"

"Seven years ago, something did."

"Were you married when it happened?"

The man didn't say anything else for a few seconds before Kenma looked at him to see that he had lowered his head and in a silent mutter he answered. "Yes,"

Bastard son of a bitch, Kenma thought to himself, he almost couldn't contain it and said that out loud, had he not gritted his teeth to prevent himself from throwing profanities right then and there.

"I know it was my fault, she didn't know. That's why I wanted to know where she is and apologize to her personally."

Kenma closed his eyes for a second, calming himself down before he sat back in front of the man. "Sure, go and apologize. Visit her grave and apologize to her."

The man's eyes visibly widened, a look of utter surprise masking his expression as he looked back at Kenma. "She's..." he couldn't continue what he was saying, instead he let out a trembling breath as he lowered his head again.

"She died from childbirth."

Kenma remembered what you said before. That no matter who they are, a parent needs to know their child's existence. Only then will Kenma know if this man will be able to love Suki more than he ever did and will ever do.

"And the child...?" the man asked slowly, voice no more than above a whisper.

"You saw her yesterday, right?"

Kenma averted his gaze, looking out the window, his eyes holding a solemn glint. He wonder if what he's doing is even the right thing. He suddenly thought of you, he wish you'd be here beside him.

"So she's..." the man started, looking at Kenma. "But I thought she's your daughter."

"Do I need to be her biological father for her to become my daughter?"

Kenma looked back at the man who in turn chuckled lightly. "You're right," he said. "You're absolutely right. Thank you for taking care of her in my stead."

"Wait," Kenma started, looking at the man before the side of his lips turn up. "It seems you're missing out something here, Mr. Aihara. When did I ever say she's you daughter?"

"What?" the man asked, clearly confused. "But she's Kana's daughter, isn't she?"

"Yes, and? Just because she's my sister's daughter doesn't mean you're her father."

"Then how about we do a paternity test to see if I really am her biological father?"

Kenma lowered his head, shutting his eyes close for a second to let everything sink in. It's not that he hasn't thought about that possibility. He had thought about different route, like a game, and among the possible route where the game might be instantly over was this man suggesting that test.

"So what if we do it and the result came out that you're her biological father?" Kenma asked, lifting his head up to look at the man. "Is your wife fine with the fact that her husband slept with another woman and now he has an illegitimate daughter?"

"My wife..." the man trailed off before he suddenly smile. "Will accept her as if she's her own. Because she's a kind-hearted woman."

"So she's very kind that she would let her husband's cheating history slide? She must be a Saintess, for god's sake."

"She didn't let it slide," he said. "In fact it took her so long to forgive me. But she was able to forgive. That's why I wanted to know where Kana is so I could ask for her forgiveness as well."

Before the two parted ways, Kenma gave the man the address of the graveyard where his sister was buried. He thanked Kenma and told him to give him another call when the little girl is ready for the test.

While Kenma was driving back to his place, he looked at the time, right about now Suki must be taking her lunch. He wonder what she's doing. Especially when Kenma found out that man's son had been Suki's classmate all along.

"You're eating alone again?" a voice of a boy was what prompted Suki to look up from her bento. She's sitting outside near the playground, on the bench as she eats her lunch. "You're not going to cry today?"

"Hiro-kun, Suki-chan doesn't cry every day," she mumbled, taking a bite of the stir fried vegetable while the little boy, Hiro, sat beside her. "What are you doing?"

"I'm going to eat my lunch here."

"Why?" Suki asked, tilting her head to the side.

"So you wouldn't be eating alone. You might start crying again."

"As I said, Suki-chan wouldn't cry today!" the little girl raise her voice before the little boy turned to look at her. "Besides," she started, her voice lowering down. "Daddy said we will go on a family date this Saturday."

"Family date, hmm?" Hiro muttered, taking a bite of his lunch as he looked up, nibbling on his chopsticks. "Must be nice going on family dates with your parents."

"Why? Hiro-kun doesn't go on family dates?"

"My dad just got back here. He works abroad so he's not always home. You wouldn't call it a family date if it's just me and my mom."

Suki didn't say anything as she glanced up the clear sky. It's not humid but summer is just around the corner.

"This is a really random question," the little boy started, looking back at Suki. "But do you have a sibling?"

"A sibling?"

"You know, like a younger or older brother or sister."

Suki shook her head.

"How about Hiro-kun?"

"I used to have a younger sister," he said, looking back ahead to the little kids playing in the playground.

"You used to?" Suki asked, tilting her head to the side.

"Mom said I used to have a younger sister but she's an angel now. She said she couldn't give me another younger sibling anymore and I asked her why," the little boy trailed off before he lowered his head. "But she just started crying so I never ask her anymore, because it just makes her sad."

"I don't really get it but..." Suki trailed off before she straightened up and offered the little boy a smile. "I can be Hiro-kun's little sister!"

"Uhh...no," he said, looking back at her. "You don't look anything like her."

"Eh?!"

"You don't look like an angel."

"Hiro-kun!"

But in contrast to what the little boy said, Suki suddenly heard his laughter. "You look more like a spoiled princess than an angel."

"Did Hiro-kun say Suki-chan looks like a princess?"

"You only hear what you want to hear, huh."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

377K 10.2K 30
this was written in 2020-2021 so it has that type of humor ๐Ÿ˜ญ๐Ÿ˜ญ super cringe fr... "hey youre hot" "i know right ๐Ÿฅต" after time-skip ! In which, Y/N...
132K 4.2K 50
โ˜˜๏ธŽ ๐•ธ๐–Š๐–’๐–”๐–—๐–Ž๐–†; "The years we spent together was full of laughter, hugs, kisses and love. The sound of both our voices mixing in perfectly wi...
300K 12K 29
A Kozume Kenma fanfiction A baker and a gamer brought together by fate by way of a cat: (y/n)'s life was never at a standstill. She was far from bei...
26.6K 735 11
Kozume Kenma, a teen cursed with the unfortunateness of extremely high anxiety levels. Which of course, caused him to be anti-social, his one friend...