Shell Friends || ᴀʀᴍɪɴ ᴀʀʟᴇʀᴛ

By yourlocalsimp2006

➥"ʟᴇᴛ'ꜱ ʙᴇ ᴍᴏʀᴇ ᴛʜᴀɴ ꜰʀɪᴇɴᴅꜱ!" ➳"ᴍᴏʀᴇ ᴛʜᴀɴ ꜰʀɪᴇɴᴅꜱ?" ➳"ʏᴇᴀʜ, ꜱʜᴇʟʟ ꜰʀɪᴇɴᴅꜱ!" In which Libero citizens t... More

Context

Part 1 - Café

93 4 1
By yourlocalsimp2006

-EDITED-

THIRD-PERSON POV:

The streets on Libero were filled with laughter, chaos and shop keepers shouting out sales for what they wanted to sell. People were in a hurry to get discounted stuff and groceries. Then again, a day like this doesn't come every 3 years. Almost everyone was running, shoving money into the worker's face and carrying a dozen bags. Well, everyone but Y/n Suzuki. She was different, an outcast, a complete weirdo. They call her many names. Such as bookworm, ocean obsessed freak, mistake, Eldian filth, daughter of two traitors and many more. But she couldn't give a flying fuck.

She was currently in the shell store, where they sell hundreds of different varieties of shells as well as hundreds of different books to read. Y/n goes there every single day. By now Mrs Sato was fed up with having to see her face in her shop every morning, but is forced to deal with it since she rarely has any customers. Mrs Sato could never hate anyone, she was too kind. She merely wishes for Y/n to have a break from books and shells for at least a week. She was like a mother figure to Y/n.

"I think I'll get this one Mrs Sato! What do you think?" Y/n beams with joy and shows her the specific seashell she's chosen today. Mrs Sato sighs and turns around to face a childish Y/n with a wide smile plastered on her bright, innocent face. While tucking a white strand of hair behind her ear Mrs Sato examines the shell

"Ah, the queen conch! Fabulous choice dear, now pay and get out." Mrs Sato jokes and makes her way to the till while smirking.

Suzuki frowns and follows her elder to the till. Why does she want me out of her shop so bad? Y/n thinks to herself. She pushes her negative thought out of her head just like she always does when she gets them.

"That'll be 4.45 dear," The much older woman puts the seashell into a brown paper bag and puts it on the counter.

Y/n fishes into her plain purple purse that was strapped around her body. She pulled out a five-pound note and hands it to her favourite shopkeeper. Mrs Sato tries to get the change from the till but visibly struggles because of her age.

Y/n takes notice of this and says, "Don't worry Mrs Sato, you can keep the change!" Y/n reaches out to grab her bag and makes her way outside the shop. She stops in front of the door and waves to the shopkeeper with the same smile that she wears every day.

Mrs Sato sighs with a small smile and mutters, "Whatever will I do with you my dear Y/n?"

Y/n Suzuki skips through the very crowded streets and makes her way to her special cafe. Despite people giving her dirty looks, Y/n still had her famous smile plastered on her face as she wonders Libero. That's what made her weird to the people of Libero. She was well known—in a bad way.

To the citizens of Libero, Y/n was just someone who didn't fit in, the child of two traitors that were disloyal to the Marleyan government, Y/n lost her parents at the age of 6 after them getting exposed to Warrior Candidates. All she was to her parents was a lost cause. Well, that's what Y/n thinks.

When losing both her parents at such a young age, Y/n was confused as to why they weren't showing up through the front door anymore. She stood at her door, waiting for them to open the door and to hug her once they finish their work like they always did. This carried on for about 9 days until a man called Tom Xaver walked into her life, literally. He walked through her front door and took her under his wing until he passed on the Beast Titan to a boy named Zeke Jaeger. Tom taught her all the things she would have learned if her parents showed up. But they never did.

Y/n opened the glass door leading to Libero's top cafe and the people's chatter was paused to now pay attention to the familiar lady that walked through the door. All eyes were on her. This was something she was used to, but what she wasn't used to was that a group of people didn't stop their conversation to look at her up and down then proceed to spread rumours about her.

They were sitting at the far back table where she usually sits. Nobody wants to sit there. Not once did anyone sit there. Y/n was stunned.

She walked over to her table, ignoring the whispers and looks that she received—like she always did. She stood in front of the table still wearing the same smile and cleared her through which caused all 7 heads to turn in her direction.

There was a dark brown-haired person with an eyepatch and glasses, a long-faced individual, a bald male a beautiful woman who was stuffing her mouth with chocolate cake. As well as a grey-eyed man, and a gorgeous black haired female who looked very identical to the male who had grey eyes. And last but not least. An attractive blonde with blue ocean eyes and soft features. Y/n's eyes were practically glued to him as he continued to stare at her.

Y/n felt a warm and fuzzy feeling dance its way across her chest and heat rising to her cheeks and ears. She then remembered the real reason she was here and averted her eyes away from the blonde to look at the other 6 people.

"Uhm, I'm sorry to disturb you but you're sitting at my table." She smiled kindly at the group. "Tch, what is it to you brat? There are plenty of free tables across the cafe." A certain ravenette took a sip out of his tea.

Why's he holding it like that? Y/n thought, but she was in no position to talk like that.

It was true there were many tables empty for Y/n to sit at. But she didn't want to sit at any table other than this one. The table her parents gave her, her very first seashell and her very first present. She awkwardly scratches the nape of her neck and smiles for the umpteenth time this day. "I'm aware of that, but this is the table I sit on every day. I would appreciate it if you let me have my breakfast in peace-"

The young girl was interrupted by a light hit on the back of her head. "Move it, weirdo! You're blocking the TV!" A plumped red strawberry fell beside her on the floor. She saw how the group in front of her averted their gaze from her to the person who threw the strawberry at her.

She bent down to grab the strawberry with her right hand while the bag that the seashell was inside of was in her left. Y/n turned around to the laughing group of teen boys and she walked up to them with the same smile.

They all perked their heads up to her, "Get away from us, you freak!" They continued to laugh while she just smiling softly.

"Here you dropped this," Y/n reached out her hand to give it to them but they just swatted her hand away like a fly.

"What the fuck? Are you crazy? I don't want that thing." Y/n only stared at her hand that was pushed away.

She only wanted to help them. I'm being nice so why can't they just be nice back? She thought. But she still wore a smile. She goes to pick up the strawberry and puts it in the bin.

Knowing that the ravenette won't let her sit on her table she makes her way to another free table. Only to be stopped by the blonde she met only seconds ago. "You can sit with us if you really want this table," He had a smile on his face. Does he not care who he was talking to? A thought ran across Y/n's head.

Nonetheless, she accepted and pulled out a spare seat to sit on. "Well, I'm Y/n Suzuki, it's nice to meet you all,"  Y/n says in a calm and polite tone of voice. 

"Jean Kirstein, It's a pleasure to meet you," Jean smirked and brought out his hand for Y/n to shake.

She locked her hand with his and smiled while shaking it up and down.

"Connie Springer, ma'am" The bald waved to her slightly.

"Sasha Braus," Sasha mumbled with food still stuffed in her mouth.

"Mikasa Akerman." She plainly says.

"Hange Zoë at your service." They say very loudly.

"Levi Akerman." Levi continues to drink out of his cup clearly trying his best to be polite.

Y/n's eyes then trail down to the only one who hasn't introduced themselves. he wore a small smile and spoke out, "Armin Arlert." Y/n nodded slightly and excused herself to go and order. "Well excuse me, I'll go and order now." Y/n gets up and walks to the till. She nears the till and waves to the familiar waitress. "Hey Hina, nice day?" Y/n approached her.

"Yup! How about yours?" She turned around to fully face her. "Same old, same old." Y/n replies. Hina sighs pityingly and asks, "The original?" 

"Mhm." Y/n searches for money in her purse and gives it to her friend. "Alrighty, have a nice day Y/n! Don't be too nice!" She waves to Y/n and she laughs softly.

"Sorry, I can't help it," Y/n mutters to herself while walking to her table. Hina has always been there for Y/n. She doesn't get why everyone hates her. Yet again, it isn't her fault her parents decided to turn their backs on Marley. Hina has done a great job of backing up and protecting her friend Y/n even if she gets the same exact looks from the civilians.

"Y/n! We were just talking about how brave you were to stand up to those-" The so-called Sasha blurted out but was soon interrupted by the bald male slapping a hand over her mouth. "No! We were just talking about how nice the weather was today." Connie smiled at her.

Y/n nodded slightly, clearly not believing what Connie's just said. As she took her seat she heard a slight "Tch," make its way through the ravenette's mouth.

"So Y/n, tell us about yourself." Hange threw her hand up in the air trying to change the subject as quick as they can. And Y/n only giggled softly about how bubbly they were being. 

She covered her mouth as she continued to giggle. Once she opened her eyes and placed her attention on the group. They were all staring at her wide-eyed and a tint of pink dusted everyone's cheeks except Levi who was just minding his business and sipping his tea while stuffing his nose in the newspaper that he was reading. Did I do something wrong? 

She cleared her throat and spoke, "Well uh, I'm 19 years old, my favourite food is pasta and my favourite dessert is red velvet cake with ice cream on the side. I don't have any siblings or relatives. I love books, I often find myself reading in my spare time. I also like painting and drawing. I have this big canvas in my apartment that I really need to finish." The young lady said leaving you her massive collection of seashells in case they find her weird.

"You like books too?" Armin said with enthusiasm laced on his tongue while he looked at her with his ocean-like eyes. "Yup! Books just allow me to travel without using both my feet, they also teach me life learning things!" 

Y/n looked in Armin's eyes trying to find any hint of annoyance or disturbance in them but found none. All she could find was joy and happiness. This shocked her. She started feeling her heart pound against her chest much faster and butterflies swarming across her stomach.

"I agree with you, I think that they-" Armin began to speak but was interrupted by Hina bringing Y/n her order and placing it in front of her.

"Here's your red velvet cake with your cappuccino Y/n," She smiled at her friend and ruffled her hair a bit. Hina was only 2 years older than Y/n, she was like an older sister to the 19-year-old. "Thanks, Hina." Y/n picked up her fork and began eating.

"No worries, just call for me if you need anything," Hina said and began walking away to her next customer. 

As the young female was biting down on her cake, she couldn't help but notice Sasha literally burning her eyes in her. Y/n looked up at her looking at how she was eating her cake. "Would you like some?" Y/n asked.

Without second thinking, Sasha snatched Y/n's plate and began taking big ass nights from the cake. "Sasha stop!"

"Sasha give it back to her."

"Will you stop eating like a pig?" Connie and Jean tried their absolute hardest to stop Sasha from finishing the dessert and to return it back to the woman in front of them who only sat frozen in astonishment. Who would have guessed someone would take a bite of cake from me? Y/n could only think.

"It's fine really, she could have it if she wants, she looks really hungry," Y/n waves her hand in front of her face telling them to stop struggling and to let Sasha have the cake. The trio stopped what they were doing and looked at Suzuki.

Sasha began to tear up and yelled, "You're a Goddess! My hero!" And continued to eat it once again.

It's been about 30 minutes of Y/n and the 7 people being engaged in a group conversation. They were all talking about hobbies, what they would like to do in the future and many more. They were all laughing river a joke Sasha made and Levi had a small but noticeable smirk on his face. When the laughter died down, Mikasa decided to ask, "So what do you think about the island devils?"

How I think Mrs Sato would look like~

How I think Hina would look like~

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

390K 8.1K 35
In wich a one night stand turns out to be a lot more than that.
175K 3.6K 31
Rhiannon Walker, Harper McLean, and Amerie Wadia were best friends. Until one night at a music festival changes everything. Now Rhiannon is trying to...
127K 2.5K 31
In the whirlwind world of basketball and broken promises, Nailea finds herself at a crossroads as she prepares to transfer to the same college as Pai...
602K 9.3K 63
ˏˋ°•*⁀➷ 𝗔𝗱𝗱𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝘄𝗿𝗼𝗻𝗴 𝗻𝘂𝗺𝗯𝗲𝗿 𝘁𝗼 𝗮 𝗴𝗿𝗼𝘂𝗽𝗰𝗵𝗮𝘁 𝗶𝘀 𝗲𝗮𝘀𝗶𝗹𝘆 𝗱𝗼𝗻𝗲 𝗻𝗼 𝗺𝗮𝘁𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝗵𝗼𝘄 𝗳𝗮𝗺𝗼𝘂𝘀 𝘆𝗼�...