Unnoticeable Potential - [ Bl...

By Ruiroo_Egaoni

[ "Ugh, this looks awful. Wonder if this will impress Saeki-sensei..." ] This is a story about a person who d... More

Author's Introduction! + Y/n
Vol.1, 01: The Serious of Drawing
01.5: The Serious of Drawing
03: New Member? More New Art to See!
03.5: New Member? More New Art to See!
04: Genius
Not a Chapter!
Vol. 2, 05: Gifts & Goodbyes
06: Actually Met a Terrifying Person?
07: The Ranking
08: The Impatient One
Special Birthday Chapter

02: A Waste of Time Use For Rest and Peace

1K 40 0
By Ruiroo_Egaoni

2: A Waste of Time Use For Rest and Peace

-----------------------------------------------------------

It is now 6:48 and students has came to the school, Y/n was almost done working on his painting in the empty classroom where people doesn't notice.

After that one swing of paintbrush colour onto the painting, he let out a deep sigh and back away a little to see the full painting.

[ "Finally.. not bad.. I guess..?" ], he said with his hands on the chin not sure of the painting. Y/n's face was full of paints as he sneaks out to the toilet room to wash off his face,

[ Hopefully she will be satisfied with this painting.. It's not really a cool gift to be honest but atleast I worked hard on it too much today.. ].
He said in his mind.

Thinking about last night when Yuka put him to sleep, Y/n then blamed her because of how he didn't get to make it more beautiful that night since he was that motivated. He sighs once again.

--

When he went back to the empty classroom, there was someone infront of the big canvas. It was his teacher, Saeki. She was staring at the painting with a smile, turning her head to you.

[ "L/n-san. This painting is astonishingly good, just as I expected of you." ], she said with a wide smile. Y/n then answered her back while looking at his own painting,

[ "Uh.. Thank you? Even though this painting is actually trash for me, I couldn't get everyone's beauty into the big canvas." ]

[ "Hm.. Then, you might as well need to try and go to an Art prep school. Maybe you'll find something in your Art." ], Saeki said making Y/n excitedly approach to her with his sparkly eyes.

[ "May I ask where!? Please recommend some so that I can apply tomorrow!" ], his teacher tried calming his excitement down.

[ "Alright, calm down. Yuka-chan might also be applying the Cram school with you and it will be on December since it is a Winter class." ], she spoke with still a smile. Y/n then took a deep breath and smile out of brightness, suddenly heard a familiar voice outside.

[ "Oi Y/n-kun! Your in this room, right?" ], it was his senior's voice. Y/n's body startled and his eyes was widen, panicking while asking his teacher for help getting his senior away from the room. Saeki then laughed at his reaction,

[ "Alright, alright.. Make sure to clean everything up in this room. You are only allowed to use it this once." ]. She said while opening the door and closed it quickly so that she won't see it.

Y/n sighs in relief afterwards, trying to find his phone in his bag and call for help on how to get his big canvas out of the empty classroom. He, of course called Yuka and other friends that he is closed to.

--

When 4 close people came inside the classroom, they started helping Y/n by bringing it to a 'secret' place where it won't get caught. He did stamp the cloth gently so that it won't really be reveal, he won't have to worry it getting a little stain of paint on the cloth.

[ "Thank you everyone for your help! For this, I'll.. get what you all want! Food? Materials? Anything!" ], Y/n said as he wanted to return the favor. His senior friend then answered with a bright smile as they too nodded along the friend's request,

[ "Then.. We'd like a painting of us! A.. What is it called again.. Portrait? A potrait painting of us friends also." ].

[ "Eh!? Ah.." ], he panicked. Y/n then glanced at them with a surprise face, looking at Yuka next and she nodded in agreement.

[ "Haha.. Sure. Please gather around for a pic, I'll need it to draw your faces." ], Y/n said and he then let out his phone.

[ "Hm? We also want you in too! You are our friend!" ], his junior friend said and grabbed Y/n. His senior friend had their phone up already, they took the picture immediately before he get away and have the picture ruined.

[ "Oi! You guys..-" ], they then cut his talk with a smile on their faces while Yuka chuckled at him.

[ "You said anything, right? Well that's what we would like, I'll give you the picture in the group chat after school. Make sure to make one of us handsome!" ]

[ "What do you mean 'one of us'? Make us all handsome!" ], they said making Y/n laughed. He nodded at his friends request as he took the notebook out,

[ "Sure of course I'll draw you all handsomely, why would I draw my friends ugly?.. But sometimes almost a woman." ], he said but carefully mumbles the last part

[ "Huh? Well then, Y/n-senpai. I can't wait for that painting. Your paintings are really amazing, all of them are admirable!" ], one of his junior friend said sparklingly as he was really excited for it.

After Y/n heard the word 'amazing' and 'admirable', he was surprised. He then sighs and made a small smile to them. Thanking his junior friend for the compliment, Yuka was silently staring at him in concern.

-----------------------------------------------------------

The bell rang and it was now class time. They wave they're hands to each other and went to their classroom afterwards. Yuka and Y/n then walked together to the hallway as they chat for a little bit until they had gotten to one of their classroom,

[ "Did you get a good sleep yesterday? I worked so hard sneaking into the school while bringing you the futon, you know." ], she said while looking infront and not going take a single bit of look at him.

[ "Yeah.. but thanks to you that my painting got a bit of a wreck today. I was so hype yesterday that you knock me out." ], Y/n said while glaring at her with an annoyed-expression.

[ Idiot. That wasn't even my fault you were so sleepy. You should thank me for making you not ruin your health again, Art will always be in your mind first huh? ], she said with an irk mark.

They had a 'nice' conversation until both of them got to their own classroom.

--

While in the classroom, Y/n paid attention to the lesson as always so that he won't get lectures that terrify him. This behaviour causes everyone to sigh in relief and can now have a normal lessons with him around, except for Art class.

After all the period, school has ended. A few students went home and some are on the to their club.

Y/n was in the storage Art club room painting a tree symbolizes as its beauty of nature and a creation with a person handing their hands out to the tree, he tried using different skin color techniques for warm and cold in his sketchbook for a fit of the person's colour skin to infront of the tree.

Yuka is there too sitting on the table that is near the Art materials, she was mesmerized by his painting.

[ "Nice painting as always, Y/n-kun. Is it about a person's love for the nature?" ], she guessed. Y/n answered in surprised,

[ "Oh, ah.. Yeah. I didn't had any idea on what to draw today so I just drew this, making the Art theme terribly put." ], he sighs in disappointment. She gave the answer 'Hm.. ' to Y/n as a respond.

They then heard someone on the other Art room, Y/n stopped drawing for a second and took a peek to see who. It was Yatora, Y/n's eye widened as Yuka and him glanced at each other and back to the conversation as they listen.

Let's listen to the conversation shall we?

The two of them were checking Yatora's work. Y/n guessed that it was that drawing that he drew in the class that time when he wanted to go and see but almost gotten caught by the teacher, still amazing how he answered the question teacher gave in the class while clearly in the middle of drawing too.

His Art teacher was teaching him all the change and angles of the drawing he did. Y/n was resisting himself to not go there and do something stupid, Yuka was shooking her head in telling him to not do it.

[ "Okay, let's call it a day." ], the teacher said ready walking away. Probably approaching to the Art storage room, Yatora then call out the teacher.

[ "Sensei.. Isn't it okay to just do Art as a hobby." ], he said starting to question the teacher. Y/n's eye widened even more, listening to their conversation silently.

[ "If there's no gurantee you can make a living with it, what's the point of going to an Art school?" ], he finished his question. Saeki then answered him while leaning on the table.

[ "Let's see.. Then.." ], she started as Y/n listened deeply. Making Yuka sweatdropped, glancing at him.

[ "Why do you think your guranteed to make a good living if you go to a regular college?" ]...

[ "In this day and age, even Tokyo U graduates can have a hard time finding a job. In that case, Art students might have a better chance since they have something to stand out." ]...

[ "You can even earn teaching or curator licences through the university too and contrary to popular belief.. Big companies often come scouting in top tier Art schools." ], she said finally finished as Yatora asked if it's true while sweatdropping.

[ "But what your really asking is whether one can make a living out of being an Artist." ], she started once again.

Y/n then went approach to his painting canvas and continued drawing while listening to their conversation since it is that close so he didn't want to waste his time not finishing the painting.

[ "As I mentioned before, it's very difficult to make a living in Japan as a full time Artist." ]...

[ "However, that sort of start-up risk is the same in any industry." ]...

[ "While going to Art school, doesn't gurantee you can make a living, it doesn't give you an advantage over other Artists who didn't." ]...

[ "And that's because they provide you with the prestige and the environment. The reputation of your school help you gain connections, which means you'll have a higher chance of other looking at your work." ], she continues the talk again the three of them keeps listening quietly..

[ "By attending school, you get to experience how your peers produce their work and you're provided with plenty of supplies and resources. It's quite common for big name Artists to have attended Art schools." ].

[ "There are plenty of wonderful works that were drawn as a hobby! But that doesn't mean you can't keep drawing if you don't go to an Art school!" ].

Y/n then nodded in agreement, he was never the type to underestimate Art drawings that is made by non-Artists or a child as it has their own difficulty meaning into it and the emotions that has put in. Although it is hard to learn the drawings, he only found them good because they are worth for a beginner's/idea drawings.

He do have a senior friend in college that is really good at Art that they don't want to aim for an Art school with that talent. When he remembered the drawings his senior friend last did, he let out a sigh as he was really that good.

Y/n did respectully agreed to his decisions, but it made his heart broke down seeing his senior focusing on college studies more than his Art.

[ "However.." ], she started and Y/n then turned his head to the door that is the other Art room guessing what she was gonna say.

[ "Do what you enjoy as just a hobby. I think that's a too much of an adult perspective." ], the teacher said.

Y/n smiled, he guessed it right since his teacher once told him that when he had trouble thinking about the future and was told by a random stranger that: 'Art is only a hobby kid, you can't waste your time with it a lot unless you are one of those genius freaks.'

[ "..Eh?" ], Yatora was surprised and ask where the teacher learned that from.

[ "But kids who can't work hard, are those that don't have any passion." ]..

[ "It's only natural for people to invest their lives on things they are most passionate about." ], when the teacher finished her talk with a smile. Yatora's face was even more surprised as he didn't know what to say anymore to Saeki

...He hesitated for a little bit and starts moving a little bit.

[ "I'm.." ], he started while putting his one hand on the neck.

[ "I'm honestly, really tempted. But I just don't have the confidence." ], Yatora then turn looking at Saeki. Sweatdropped while smiling.

[ "Do you think.. I can get into an Art school?" ]

Y/n and Yuka listened to him with their eyes widen. Couldn't believe what he had just said.

[ "I don't know!" ], the teacher answered the student with both of her hands on the hip.

[ "But when hard workers get to do the thing they love, they're unstoppable!" ], when she finally done her talk. Yatora hesitated for a little bit again and decided to bring the club registration form tomorrow, this made Y/n eyes sparkled as he smiled excitedly.

He was now perked up and continued to draw his painting as usual with a wide smile on his face, Yuka then glanced at Y/n's behaviour and made a small smile at his excitement.

[ I can't wait to see all of your Art, Yaguchi-san. Hopefully this time, I could get to learn more from you. ], he said in his thoughts.

Adding the wood vines covering up the person's body, he was then finally done drawing his canvas painting that is about a person's love for the nature, a mistook huge tree reason of its beauty and how it is like an imitation of a blessing tree.

She had a shock-expression when she turned to look at the painting again. Didn't expect a dark meaning at the end, Y/n then notice her stare and gave a nervous laugh. He wanted to try and draw a dark painting after all.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Alright, that is the end of the conversation in the manga so this one is different!

[ "Oh my.. What a beautiful painting you did as expected." ], the teacher said with a smile and a hand on her chin as she look at the painting interestingly.

[ "I sort of just felt wanting to try draw a dark meaning ones.." ], he next thought of a nude painting.

[ "I haven't tried a nude one yet, probably when I have found some nude paintings in the Art museums around Tokyo for research and maybe anatomy books.." ], he said while thinking of some museums in Tokyo. Saeki then let out a laugh,

[ "It's worth to try painting them, L/n-san. I can't wait to see the drawing, I'll be always here to help you with the anatomy problems." ].

Y/n thanked his teacher for the help offer and was cleaning his Art supplies, getting ready to leave the Art club room and heading straight to home. Yuka followed him along for a chat, they both waved goodbye at the teacher and leave.

--

[ "Didn't think you'd be interested on drawing a nude. Are you planning to get a naked model for your painting?" ], she asked wanting to start the conversation.

[ "H-huh!? Of course not!! I am only planning to buy some anatomy books and find an Art museum that is full of history paintings!" ], Y/n yelled while blushing. He didn't really thought about a moving nude model but that doesn't mean he wanted to get one just because it's for Art.

Yuka laughed at his reaction and told him that she was kidding. Probably.

When they got to the entrance gate, both of them waved their hands goodbye to each other and walk to their own paths.

[ "Hmm.. What museum that has a nude painting?..all of them would probably have one that is angel-like paintings that are naked. I'll go check for some tickets to the museum that is in Tokyo." ], he mumbled to himself while walking.

After he finally gotten to his home, he was welcomed by his brother that was just walking down the stairs on the right time for Y/n to open the door.

[ "Oh Y/n-niisan! Welcome back. I was just gonna cook food for us so you can go to your room for a bit. Mother and father is at work right now so they won't be back till at 3 half in the morning." ], the brother said with a wide smile. Probably was ready to say all of those to Y/n's face so he won't question anything.

[ "Uh. Bu-.. yeah sure.." ], Y/n respond to him as he shortly gave up not wanting to question anything anymore to the brother. He sighs and walked upstairs to his room.

[ Where did he even learn how to cook in the age of 13 that will be turning 14 later?.. I am the oldest brother so I should've been the one who cooks food for us both, yet, you kept on refusing me to do it. ], Y/n thought as he closed the handle door of his room and put down his stuff on the desk.

Flopping on the bed, letting out a big sigh. He then was thinking about what has happened at school,

[ I got to draw a big canvas and another painting today, I also got a request from my close friends.. Oh. They just sent me the picture in the group chat. Pfft, I look so stupid in the pic ], he said in his thought while smiling brightly. Typing something in his phone.

--

When Y/n was trying to find his brush somewhere in his room that is suddenly lost, a person came to his room.

[ "Y/n-niisan. The food is ready! Oh. This painting looks amazing! Y/n-niisan, did you drew this!?" ], the brother ask in excitement to Y/n.

Ah. Y/n literally forgot that his brother is a big fan of Art paintings. He sighed and nods to the brother as a reply of yes, the brother then stared at it deeply.

[ "Oi. Let's go down now, I am starving and couldn't wait to eat your cooking." ], he said standing up and step out the door. The brother snapped out of it and follow Y/n along.

While they are eating their food that is made by the young brother of Y/n, the brother started asking his big brother in concern,

[ "Y/n-niisan. Yesterday.. Did you stayed up all night at school?" ]. Y/n answered him calmly, trying to enjoy his food without anything that ruin his mood to eat.

[ "Mhm. Don't worry about it, mother and father allowed me to go anywhere as long as it is my own responsibility right? So don't worry and think about yourself." ].

[ "But.. Mother and father were yelling at each other yesterday and expect for you to come back home.. When they found out you weren't coming home tonight, they look stressed out like they don't know what to do anymore.." ], the brother said in a sad voice.

[ "When did you learn how to eavesdrop on someone's private conversation?" ]. Y/n said with a serious-tone, the brother startled and nervously answered him.

[ "Ah.. I wasn't listening!! I swear! I only heard them yelling while I was in my room upstairs! It was loud that I couldn't avoid it! And I only took a small peek afterwards, that's when I saw them looking so stressed out..!" ].

...

The big brother then sighs out of relief, thankfully he didn't lose his mood to eat. Y/n let out a small smile to infront of his little brother,

[ "Let's continue enjoying the delicious food you made today and forget the terrible things that had happened, little B/n" ].

The little brother smiled brightly and nodded to Y/n as a respond. They now continued enjoying their food.

-----------------------------------------------------------

After that enjoyable food that was made by unexpectedly the little brother, Y/n was helping out the kitchen while the little brother is cleaning the table. He started calling his big brother out once again,

[ "Uh. Y/n-niisan." ], he ask as Y/n respond to him a 'Hm' to continue his talk.

[ "I was wondering.. Can I also be an amazing artist like you in the future? I wanted to also paint like you!" ].

...

Y/n then let out a wide smile and had finish washing the dishes quickly. He gone approach the little brother, helping him out.

[ "Well.. As long as you keep up with your studies and work harder in the future. Then you'll reach to my level" ], he said. The little brother then had spark on his eyes.

[ "Really!?" ], the little brother ask if his big brother said was true. He nodded to him,

[ "Yeah, you will once get to begin to realize that you are in the same level as me in the future. Just keep on working hard and there you have it. Though you are already better than me actually.." ].

Y/n said and mumbles the last part carefully which the little brother couldn't hear it very clearly but he didn't mind it since he was already very satisfied with the answer he got from his big brother.

He thanked his big brother and continued wiping the dinner table, receiving a wide smile from Y/n as he also continued helping out his little brother.

--

Today was an amazing day to Y/n, everything that had happened. The new Art to be seen by Yatora, request from a close friends for a painting, finished both paintings and.. had a happy day in school!..

But he suddenly remembered about the dinner conversation he had with his little brother, he felt guilty for speaking to him in a serious voice but is it really okay to raise it?

He turned his front body to the bed, burying his face in the pillow. He checked what time was it, 7:53 pm.

He sighs and sat back up on the bed, grabbing the notebook in his bag as he was thinking of an idea to draw both mix with woman and a men's body to.. wait that's actually a weird idea. He shook his head and tried think of another idea.

Y/n heard a knock on the door then, when the door open to reveal it was his little brother in pajamas.

[ "Y/n-niisan." ], he said calling out his big brother.

[ "Can't sleep? Come on, let's go to your room and I'll read you a bedtime story." ], Y/n said putting his notebook on the bed. The little brother blushed out of embarrassment as he refuse his big brother,

[ "No no!! I don't want bedtime stories! I am already big enough, Y/n-niisan. I just want to see what you are doing.." ], the little brother said. Y/n took a minute of silent and sighs once again, couldn't help but smile at him as he had no choice of lying infront of his little brother on what he is doing.

... Nevermind, if it's about nudes then he will have to change the talk to another stuff that involves something friendly and innocent.

[ "Ah.. I am just planning an idea on how to draw this in the painting.." l, he said while immediately showed him the picture of his close friends.

The little brother sparkly look at it and let out a bright smile afterwards, the innocent cute smile that the big brother wants to protect them forever.

Both of them had again a wonderful chat, but it was come into an end where Y/n checked the time. It is now currently 9:26 pm...

Y/n then was about to talk to the littke brother but seen that he was suddenly asleep infront of him, Y/n made a small smile and carried his little brother gently to the other room.

Putting him on the bed slowly, tugging the blanket in and said goodnight to him quietly even though the little brother was asleep. Closing the door and went back to his own room, he continued planning out in his notebook.

--

It was now 2:39 am and the parents are now back home. They wanted to go check Y/n's room if he was back already but saw light in his room that is shining through the door, so they made a small smile atleast and gone to their own room to have a rest. Thinking that their own big son is working hard also for the family.

Y/n has been staying up all night and didn't even realize that it was going to almost be daylight, so he only took a little bit of a nap and continued his work. He wanted to start out with his close friends request first before the other plans, sneakily going to make coffee later in the morning before going to school.

-----------------------------------------------------------

That's the end of chapter 2.. Hopefully this one is an enjoyable read for you readers!

Honestly, I did try drawing nudes that are sketches. Mostly woman's body since I am not ready for men's nor I am really gonna draw them for learning anyways. I once tried drew this one picture of both woman and men hugging each other and realizes that I've made them naked, so I maybe threw it away already or it is somewhere lost in my house.. (••);;

Thank you so so much for reading this story!! Really, thank you. I didn't think it will blew to almost 200 reads but probably because this is a fanfiction and my other books are literally original stories.

If there is any mistakes or you want to critisize my work, then please comment it. I'll be happy to find comments of tips to improve my writing!

Once again, thank you for reading this story!

~

18/3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

260K 9.5K 54
{[Warning: manga spoilers]} The students have finally graduated UA and are continuing their good work as some of the top heroes in the world. A slic...
118K 4.2K 36
What will happen when your crush (a Yandere) kidnaps you and confesses her love to you? Why tell them you love them too! This is the daily life of Y...
248K 8.8K 68
I do not own any pictures, songs, references, and other stuff that get put in this story. Oh, and updates are slow as hell. Came up with this story...