Book 1: Broken (Kiba Inuzuka...

By Silver-Tigress

12 year old Kimiko Sumire's clan was massacred by a man with green snake like eyes when she was six years old... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Naruto, The Movie: Ninja Clash in the Land of Snow, Part 1
Naruto, The Movie: Ninja Clash in the Land of Snow, Part 2
Naruto the Movie: Ninja Clash in the Land of Snow, Part 3
Naruto the Movie: Ninja Clash in the Land of Snow, Part 4
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Naruto, The Movie: Guardians of the Crescent Moon Kingdom, Part 1
Naruto, The Movie: Guardians of the Crescent Moon Kingdom, Part 2
Naruto, The Movie: Guardians of the Crescent Moon Kingdom, Part 3
Naruto, the Movie: Guardians of the Crescent Moon Kingdom, Part 4
Naruto, the movie: Guardians of the Crescent Moon Kingdom, Part 5
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Sequel!!!

Chapter 41

269 9 0
By Silver-Tigress

Kimiko's P. O. V:

The Uchiha's right hand is injured from training. He wears a short sleeved black shirt with a high collar, black shorts and straps wrapping around the bandages on his legs. He has tan coloured elbow guards on his elbows. There were black sandals on his feet, Sasuke's bangs have grown longer, too, in the past month.

Gaara says, "I told you he'd come."

Kakashi says, "Sorry we're late! You wouldn't believe the traffic!"

Genma questions as we all grin at thrm, "And, you are...?"

Sasuke glances at the Proctor as he answers coolly, "I'm Sasuke Uchiha." The crowd bursts into cheer.

Naruto huffs, "So you finally showed up after all?! I was betting you wouldn't come, because sooner or later, you'll have to face me!"

Sasuke says, "So, what about you and Kimi-chan? Did you guys win?"

"You know it! But Kimi-chin is really P. Oed with you, Kakashi Sensei."

The silverette looks to me on the viewing balcony, only to sweat drop at the sight of an angry aura swirling around me, an unimpressed look on my face.

"I'll... apologise to her after the finals," He murmurs, giving me an apologetic closed eye smile.

Sasuke responds to Naruto, "Heh! Well, don't get too full of yourself; you're still a loser." They smile at one another. "Hey!" I blink my eyes and look at the Uchiha, a little surprised he'd addressed me. "Congratulations on your victory. I knew you'd make it."

"Thanks, Sasuke-Teme! And I love the birthday gifts you and Kaka Sensei got me! Thanks guys!" I call back, a little annoyed he'd been late and almost missed his match. Sasuke sweat drops a little at what I'd just called him, though he smirks at me and the silverette sends me another closed eye smile at the last part.

Kakashi says to Genma, rubbing the back of his head sheepishly, "Sorry we kept you waiting, but, uhm... how late are we? I mean! It's not like Sasuke's... well... disqualified, or anything, right?"

We all look to the Proctor as he sighs in exasperation, "Like master, like pupil, even down to your lousy sense of time."

"Well? What about it?"

"You know you were so late that we extended the deadline for you—twice, in fact. And it's lucky for you we did, because you've just made it. No—he's not disqualified."

Kakashi laughs in relief, "Oh! That's a relief! You had me worried there for a minute." He follows Sasuke's gaze who is staring at Gaara. "So we're ok. Hm?"

Naruto tells Sasuke, "Just make sure you don't lose to this guy."

"Got it," Was Sasuke's response.

Naruto shouts, gaining Sasuke's attention, "Hey, Sasuke!! Don't lose! ... Because I wanna fight you myself!"

"Got it," He says to a grinning Naruto as the crowd bursts into deafening cheer.

I stare at Gaara when he chuckles, a crazed look in his eyes.

"Alright, Gaara! Come down here!" Genma calls.

"Come on, Naruto," Says Shikamaru as he heads for the tunnel to the viewing balcony, "they don't need us here."

"Oh, uh..." Naruto hesitates.

"Let's go! And I'm gonna take the stairs this time, if you don't mind."

"Come on! Are you still upset that I gave you a little push?!" Naruto asks before jogging after Shikamaru. "You oughtta be grateful!"

Gaara's breathing turns raspy, that crazed look still in his eyes. Don't tell me it's the Ichibi...?

Kankuro tries to remind Gaara, "Ok, listen, Gaara. Don't let him throw off the plan—" He's cut off by Temari slapping her hand over his mouth."

As Gaara turns and stalks down the stairs, Temari warns Kankuro, "Now's not the time to talk to him. Not unless you want to get yourself killed."

I narrow my eyes at them, silently wondering what Kankuro meant by that. "Plan? What plan?"

I gaze wearily after the redhead as Gaara eventually exits the balcony and comes out of the tunnel. He pauses, before going up to face Sasuke, Kakashi having gone to the stands with Sakura.

"Ok. Here we are, at last," Says Genma. "Alright. The rules for this match are the same as the Preliminaries. The match continues until one of you dies or admits defeat. However, I can stop the match, but that's solely my decision."

When Gaara gives a crazed laugh, Sasuke just arches an eyebrow. Huh. It seems as though I'm no my the only one who isn't scared of him.

"Both of you, to the middle," Genma instructs, gesturing with his hands. Sasuke cricks his neck as the two boys do just that. The brunette holds up his right arm before throwing it down. "Begin!"

Genma leaps back just before Sasuke gets into a stance. Sand pours from Gaara's gourde and Sasuke gasps before he leaps back a bit. Suddenly, Gaara goes rigid and groans in pain, a hand covering his right eye, confusing the Uchiha.

"Please! I beg you! Don't get so mad at me... mother...!" Gaara looks up with a twisted smile. Sand continues to pour out as Gaara talks out loud in a sinister tone. "Earlier, I know! I made you taste such awful blood. I'm so sorry! But this time, I'm sure, that it'll taste so very good!"

I glance sidelong at Kankuro as he says wearily, "His conversation has started already. This is dangerous."

Temari agrees, "I know. This is the first time I've seen Gaara get like that before fighting. That's how powerful an opponent Sasuke is. Watch."

Concern for my teammate glimmers in my violet eyes as I jerk my head back to Gaara when he goes rigid with pain, the floating sand now having rained to the ground. Gaara breathes heavily, his breaths raspy.

The redhead raises his sea green eyes to Sasuke as he challenges, "Come on!"

The sand hovers around Gaara as the two boys stare each other down.

"Here goes," Murmurs Sasuke. He flips open his shuriken holster and pulls out two shuriken. Sasuke flings them at Gaara, standing motionlessly with his arms crossed. Sand rises up and blocks the shuriken. A copy of Gaara forms from the sand.

Temari says breathlessly, "The Sand Shield became a... Sand Clone!"

The Sand Clone shoots sand for Sasuke but he leaps up into the air, avoiding the attack. The Sand Clone throws Sasuke's shuriken back at him, but Sasuke deflects them by throwing more shuriken. Looming above the clone, Sasuke swings his leg around in a kick. The clone goes to block it but the kick tears its arms off.

Sasuke spins around on his hands before flipping back to his feet. He thrusts his left arm forward and it hits Gaara's neck. Sand wraps around it. Sasuke tries to get free but couldn't, so he punches the clone's face with his free fist, destroying it. This allows for him to charge right for the redhead who shoots up another wall of sand.

A smirk tugs up Sasuke's mouth.

With incredible speed, the Uchiha vanishes from in front of Gaara, startling him, and reappears right behind him, much like in his fight with Lee. Gaara whips his head around as Sasuke launches his fist forward. Gaara's head rocks back with a groan of pain as Sasuke's fist connects with his cheek powerfully.

The force behind the punch throws Gaara back and his sand races after him. It catches Gaara just before he hits the ground.

I stare at the Uchiha with a stunned expression. He's nowhere near faster than me, but from what I just saw, Sasuke could be close.

"So that's your Sand Armor, huh," Says Sasuke as Gaara sits up and the dust clears. The Armor begins cracking from Gaara's cheek. Sasuke holds up the back of his hand as he waves his fingers, smirking. "Come on!"

Gaara doesn't say anything; he just continues to glare at the Uchiha.

"If you won't do it, then I will!!" Sasuke shouts before dashing towards him. Gaara gasps when Sasuke vanishes again. Sand rises up to block Sasuke's attack but he'd already blurred behind the Sand Genin.

Sasuke keeps running at incredible speeds around Gaara, who tries to stop him with columns of sand. Sasuke ducks under it and spins rapidly towards his opponent before throwing his right leg forwards in a vicious kick that throws Gaara back with a groan, the sand racing after him.

Sasuke calls as Gaara tumbled across the arena, leg held in the air, "What's the matter, Gaara?! Is that all you've got?!"

Sasuke sets his foot down and holds out his hand like before, saying, as Gaara gets up, "I'm going to tear off all your armor!"

Then, Sasuke dashes forwards and picks up astonishing speedy as the sand swirls around Gaara protectively.

Once more, Sasuke ducks under the sand and reaches Gaara before spinning around and throwing out a kick. He grabs the white sash and brown strap before kneeing Gaara powerfully in the gut, sending him rocketing back as Sasuke stands there, breathing heavily.

Now on his feet, Gaara places his hands in a hand sign, startling the Uchiha. Sand swirls up around around Gaara, forming and gardening into a dome.

Sasuke picks up speed Ashe runs towards Gaara again. Kankuro appears worried as Sasuke reaches the dome of sand. Just as it finishes closing around Gaara, Sasuke throws his fist forward. However, he was stopped short by spikes of sand protruding from the dome, narrowly missing him.

A bit of blood drops down the right side of his head, however, and his fist. Sasuke jumps back. The spikes recede into the dome as Sasuke breathes heavily, Sharingan now activated. More blood drops down his right leg.

Sasuke's fingers twitch as he mutters, "So he's absolutely protected."

After a moment, sand swirls into existence above the dome, until it forms into an eyeball.

I recognise that Jutsu! Gaara used it during the written test!

"Gaara..." Temari mutters worriedly, teeth clenched.

Sasuke wipes his cheek of the blood before getting into a stance, fingers held claw like before he runs at the sand sphere. Sasuke throws three kunai but they bounce harmlessly off of it. Sasuke leaps up and lands on the other side of the sphere before dashing at it again. Left arm held in front of him, Sasuke dodges the attacking and before he thrusts his arm forward. He jumps back just as the sand spikes shoot for him.

Sasuke leaps to the side and runs forwards. He dodges another attack and continually black flips away from the relentless spikes. Sasuke leaps into the air before coming down on the sphere. His foot touches it before Sasuke kicks off from it, spikes following him.

Sasuke's left hand twitches before he holds his hands in front of him, claw like.

He then starts taking off the bandages on his arms.

Sasuke back flips until he skids up along the wall, before stopping and crouching, doing hand signs. Sasuke holds his left hand down while clutching his wrist.

Kankuro wonders aloud, "What's that lunatic think he's doing?! How long is he going to stay in that thing?"

"I don't know, but... he's not following the plan," Says Temari. "He's no good to us like that."

Kankuro grits his teeth in frustration.

I peer at them, silently wondering what they could be talking about.

Suddenly, the sound of lightning could be heard from Sasuke. I stare with disbelieving eyes.

"But...! That Jutsu...! It can't be...!" I exclaim, leaning forwards as I clutch the railing.

It's a Jutsu created by Kakashi, and the one I copied from him.

Sasuke pulls his arm back, lightning grazing the concrete, before he charges down the wall.

It's called Chidori—meaning one thousand birds. It's called that for the sound it makes.

Sasuke hits the floor with a boom and races for Gaara, a cry escaping his lips.

It's the only weapon Kakashi has that he didn't copy from someone else, and a weapon of choice for assassination. The secret of the jab lies in the speed of which it is delivered, and the ninja's ability to focus his chakra at the point of impact. Once these two elements, speed and focus, have obtained a certain level, the chakra actually becomes visible, and gives off the distinctive sound that you hear.

Spikes of sand shoot for Sasuke as he nears the dome, but he evades them. Clutching his left shoulder, Sasuke thrusts his lightning covered hand through the sphere. We all gasp as it pierced the sand, a smirk on Sasuke's lips.

I grin, though, as Kankuro mutters, "It's not possible! No one can penetrate his defence."

"No way!" Temari breathes.

I say proudly, "That's the power of Chidori!"

It's also known as Lightning Blade.

It's called that because Kakashi once used it to cut a bolt of lightning before it could touch the ground. Though, whether called Thousand Birds or Lightning Blade, it's a technique of unimaginable power, requiring almost inhuman level of speed and chakra. But once perfect, it transforms a ninja's arm into an indestructible and invincible sword. A dangerous technique, not to be taught lightly.

I was smiling now, not nearly as worried for the Uchiha as I was earlier.

Sasuke clutches his left arm. Just then, Gaara lets out an ear splitting scream that sends icy claws up and down my spine, my violet eyes jerking wide as I gasp.

"IT'S BLOOD?! IT'S MY BLOOD!!!"

Kankuro breathes, "Wh... What's happening?!"

Sasuke tries to pull his arm free, but couldn't. So he activates his Chidori which causes Gaara to scream again. Sasuke slowly pulls his arm out of the sphere, but it does t seem to want to let go. Finally, Sasuke freezes himself and jumps a safe distance back, but a large claw made of sand with blue veins snaking it stretches out as Sasuke crouches, clutching his arm, before the sand slithers back inside the sphere.

My face pales considerably. What is that thing?!

Kankuro asks, "Is that thing taking over again?"

He looks at the blonde as she says fearfully, "I don't know, but... this has never happened before! I think he's hurt." They look back as the demonic arm disappears within the dome.

Sasuke's eyes were wide as there's a low growl, the arm slithering inside the dome. Then there's a green eye as a roar comes from the beast. Temari and Kankuro gasp when the sand sphere begins cracking, until it eventually breaks down. The sand pours onto the ground to reveal Gaara, breathing heavy as he clutches his injured left shoulder.

Temari says, "I was right. He's hurt!" Kankuro swivels his head to her. "The shell broke before the change was complete!" Sasuke gasps.

I blink my eyes when white feathers begin drifting down around me. "Huh? Feathers...?" I mumble, as I get a funny feeling. My eyes jerk wide as I realise, "Genjutsu!"  I place my hands together in a hand sign. "Release!" The feathers are blown away from me, meaning I've freed myself from the Genjutsu.

I look around to see Shino, Temari and Kankuro have done the same.

Just then, there's an explosion conning from the balcony where the Hokage and Kazekage are sitting, making me gasp. I also see the ANBU from earlier leaping towards the Kage balcony.

"Gaara!!" Temari and Kankuro yell, leaping down to the arena.

I jerk my gaze back up to see the Kazekage leap out of the smoke, arm wrapped around Hiruzen's neck, while pointing a kunai knife at him. The black robed ANBU land on the roof.

Four ninja wearing Sound headbands leap to the corners of the roof. One of them even had six freaking arms! And another appears to have two heads.

Why are Sound ninja so freaky?!

I recognise them as the Sound Ninja Four from my time with Orochimaru.

Then, a purple barrier manifests around the two Kages.

One of the black robed ANBU didn't stop himself in time from colliding with the barrier, before he lights up on fire and rolls away, in my direction, while screaming.

When the ANBU lands at my feet, I activate my Sharingan and quickly do hand signs. "Water Style: Raging Waves Jutsu!" I blow out a steady stream of water from my mouth that hits the flaming ANBU. In seconds, the flames go out, and he sighs in immense relief.

I quickly summon the green mist around my hands as I set to work in healing the burns on his back. They weren't too serious, but still very nasty looking.

"What the hell is going on up there?" I demand.

"The Hidden Leaf is under attack and those Sound ninja have set up a Barrier Ninjutsu that burns you if you touch it," He explains.

"Yeah, I kind of figured that," I mutter, sweat dropping. I soon finish healing him before I help the ANBU to his feet. "Better?"

"I'm alive at least. Thanks, kid. Hey, wait—you're the Lightning Empress," He says after taking another glance at me. "Listen, we could really use your help in defeating the enemy."

"Of course. I have to find my Sensei first, but you can count on me!"

"Heh. Good luck, Princess," The ANBU says before Body Flickering away, leaving me blinking after him.

I then slap my cheeks to bring myself back into focus. "This is no time for zoning out, Kimiko! Your friends need you," I say aloud to myself.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

193K 5.3K 18
(Highest Ranking: #4 in anbu) *Edited summary* Uzumaki Naruto is an enigma, he is quiet, orders random people around expecting them to follow those o...
12.6K 136 133
Two and a half years have passed since Naruto Uzumaki left to train with Master Jiraiya. Kimiko Sumire and her friends have been training hard themse...
36.1K 443 107
12 year old Kasumi Miyamoto, like many in this ninja world, lost everything when she was 5 years old. At the age of 12, Kasumi was found outside the...
21.5K 651 25
Aisha Inumaki was found by leaf ninja running away from Orochimaru, late at night. The Hokage allows her to stay in Konoha and places her on Team 7...