His True Mate - Twilight {E.C...

By luna8406

In which Bella wasn't Edward's true mate. Over a hundred years ago, Jasper had a friend in the army. When he... More

Authors Note
Characters
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Authors Note
Wedding Things
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38 - The Last One
Thank you!

Chapter 6

4.2K 97 2
By luna8406

How are you feeling today?
I went a military ball last night because my boyfriends in jrotc :/ so yeah my life isn't exciting, that's it.

Also, was wondering... maybe I should do a shadowhunters fanfic. Something new. I've done two twilight, and technically almost four tvd/to ones even though it's one whole fanfic but all four books still count, and I plan on doing a Divergent trilogy, and a criminal minds one so I thought, why not shadowhunters? What do y'all think?

Hope:

My senses slowly came together, and my eyes opened. My first thought was, 'what the hell just happened?' Then my eyes examined my surroundings. I sat up quickly, ignoring the slight headache I received from doing so, and saw a room. It was a bedroom, a very nice one at that. But this wasn't the pack house. In fact, I had absolutely zero idea as to where I was right now.
Bookshelves lined the walls, this person definitely enjoys reading. The lamp on the bedside table was off, the source of light was the bright daylight pouring through large glass doors that led out onto a balcony. The sun illuminated the room. Yep, I'm blind now.

"You're awake, good." My eyes darted to the open doorway in which a pale white man stood with his shoulder leaned against the wall.

"Who are you?"

"My name is Xavier." His eyes were a golden amber implying he's a vegetarian vampire. Us wolves usually never have any trouble with the vegetarians, because we don't eat animals, we eat real food. It's mainly nomads and red eyed vamps we have problems with. Speaking of wolves...

"Liana!"
My mind raced, and my heart ached. She was out there somewhere, possibly still following those vamps... or worse. Dead.
I stood up quickly, my head still pounding but I was determined to find her. If something happened to Lia, I would absolutely never forgive myself, neither would the pack, or my parents. I rushed to the door to move past this Xavier guy, but he reached his arm out and stopped me.

"You're not in your right state of mind," he exclaimed. We were in a close proximity now, and only now did I realize how sort of good looking Xavier was. He had silky brown hair that dangled over his golden eyes, a sharp jawline, perfectly fine lips.
It was almost like I could see through him, as if his vampire existence was completely transparent. I saw past who he was on the outside, and saw everything inside of his eyes. All the pain of the past, the hurt of the present, the curiosity of the future. Even if his heart was no longer beating, he still had one and whether he was undead, dead, or fully alive, he loved and cared with all of his heart despite the fact that it didn't beat anymore.

We both cleared our throats and moved back, allowing more space to come between us. I didn't try to leave again, in fact, I decided to stay. Of course I was still devastatingly worried about Liana, but rushing out there with this pounding headache wouldn't help her, it would probably only get us both into more trouble. Instead, I followed Xavier to the kitchen and he went into the freezer to pull out a blood bag for his vampire thirst.
Then I remembered the bites. My hand went to my neck, feeling nothing there which was odd. When my hand dropped, I screamed. My hand, my entire arm was white. Pale as winter. Pale as Xavier's. Xavier dropped the two blood bags he had grabbed, and immediately sped towards me in alert.

"Hey, it's going to be okay. Okay? Look at me," he said softly. My eyes met his and his arms wrapped around me as his thumbs drew little circles on my lower back. The comfort he gave me calmed me down, but I was still scared and confused.

"How am I a vampire?" I ask with a cracked voice. Vampires have never been known to have the ability to change a wolf. This was unlike anything I've ever seen or heard of before, yet it was possible because I was living it.

"I don't know how those vampires changed you, but when I saw you lying there in the woods lifeless, holding on to the last bit of your wolf's soul, I had to help you."

"This can't be real."

"Just calm down, and get blood in your system. It'll help with the burning in your throat and the throbbing in your head," he said as he handed me a type O blood bag. I hadn't noticed the sensation in my throat until I was actually holding the blood in my hands. I drank it fast, almost throwing up as the thick liquid flowed down my throat. It was gross, but it was good.

"Why do you look so disgusted?" Xavier laughs a bit at my unease, but it soon transforms to pure curiosity and satisfaction.

"Blood's just gross, us wolves never liked the way vamps could drink blood with such easiness."

"That's the way you're supposed to be now, but you're able to hold onto your opinion towards blood and vampires. You're extraordinary, Nadja." His hand brushed my cheek, then his thump went to my lip and he wiped blood off. He licked it off his own thumb which made me feel a little sick. It brought my attention back to what he was, a vampire. To what I was. What I'd become.

————————————————————————

Fingertips traced along my back, sending fire and chills up my spine and all over the surface of my skin. I let out a shaky breath and looked up at his amused face.

"You completely turn into a different person when I touch you," he smirks. I roll my eyes, earning a laugh from him.
"You asked for it."

He unhooks my bra and throws it across the room. He rips off my shorts, tearing the fabric. I frown, I liked those shorts. His thumb traces the waistband of my underwear before he entirely rips those too. Now he's just intentionally doing it to piss me off. In which case it's working.

"Say my name, Hope." His French accent has always sounded wonderful when he says my name.
"Say it."

"Xavier," I breathe out.
He breaks and his lips smash against mine, kissing me with such hunger and need, but it's passionate and filled with feeling. When all of the pleasure was over we laid side by side, cuddled in each other's arms.

I've been with Xavier for almost six months now. He'd accepted me even after we found out another confusing part of my transition, I was still a shapeshifter. A hybrid with both vampire and werewolf abilities. My skin was only pale when I first transformed because I didn't have blood in my system. My heart still beats, and I take the appearance of a regular human, like any wolf, only wolves have more muscle and structure to their bodies because of everything we do that's considered training.

As for mental abilities, I'm not connected to my pack anymore, even though I reside in France with Xavier. I can cover my own scent, or I can smell like a wolf. Here though, I cover my scent so that my pack can't track me. I pay visits though, and even went to my own funeral. I gained ease knowing Liana was safe. But she's filled with guilt- I overheard her talking to Paris and Arlette- because she left me to find those vampires. She didn't find them, they outran her but when she returned, my body was gone and a large pool of blood remained.
As for other mental abilities, my amplified vampire powers are a mental shield, which means no one with telepathy power or mind related powers can invade my mind, and I'm something no one's ever discovered before, a copycat. I can make contact with a person, even just a touch of a finger, and not absorb their power but copy it. I can choose when that happens too. I can touch a vampire and not copy their powers, like Xavier.

My pack though... they all believe I am dead.

And I'll remain dead.

————————————————————————

My eyes burned with tears and my face hurt. My chest felt like it was being ripped out of me. I held Xavier's body in my arms as his pained eyes looked up at me which only made me hurt more.
"Please, please Xav, don't leave me," I begged.

"I don't have a choice baby."

This was the story of my life. My best friend went missing and is presumably dead, I'm dead, I can't see my own family and friends, and now Xavier. We had a friends with benefits sort of thing. We weren't mates which was what vampires were referred as, and we weren't imprints, which was what wolves were referred as. We did love and care for each other but we weren't meant to be with fate or anything, we still had mates/imprints out there, but we had a... sexual attraction. But that doesn't mean I never cared for and loved him.

"I can't do this without you," I cried. I really couldn't. Yes I'm an adult, yes I've been a vampire for three years, I've been with Xavier for three years, I was capable of being on my own but not mentally. I'd grown so accustomed to having someone by my side, feeling loved and accepted for who he knew I truly was when we both knew I was an abomination to nature. No one could ever know I'm a hybrid, and he's protected that secret.

"It'll be okay, you'll be okay. Promise me you will protect yourself. Never tell anyone what you are, always be cautious, never reveal yourself, Hope. You're my Hope, you'll always be my Hope, my Nadja. Stay strong." He cups my cheek and brings our lips together one last time. Our lips move apart, leaving a lingering sadness upon me as his hand drops. He was truly gone. And somewhere, his true mate was feeling the loss, even having never met Xavier or knowing where he was or even completing the bond.
I look back at the vampire that had killed Xavier, squirming on the floor from the pain of the arm I'd ripped off of him in the fight. Anger boiling in my veins, I stalked over to him and looked deep into those blood red eyes as I ripped his head from his body. I set his body on fire, still looking into those wide red eyes that still held the fear of death, the fear of me.

I turned my back and retreated from the vampire's burning figure and went to go put Xavier to peace.

————————————————————————

"Hope?" I hear a distant call, searching frantically in the darkness as I hear the voice all around me. I gain my sense of touch, and feel warm, gentle hands, shaking me as if I was almost dead.
"Hope." The voice becomes more clearer as my name is continuously called.

"Hope!"
I snap out of my daze, the visions and darkness fading into the bright daylight and green nature, fading back into Edward. I was shocked to see him.

"Edward?"

"Oh my god, are you okay?" His eyes went from mine, to something else. "You're crying," he says as he wipes a tear from my cheek.

They weren't visions, they were memories. And that darkness was the empty void of my mind that was locked somewhere holding all those memories in it. As those painful memories resurfaced, I pushed them back away into that void once more, as I had done years ago.

"I'm fine, just spaced out that's all."

"Are you sure?"

"Yes," I reply.

"Okay... well we should get back inside."

"What's going on?" I ask as me and Edward join the other Cullens, and I notice both packs here. This was serious, and judging from the pained look on Jacob's face, I could tell something regarding Bella and the kidnapping of Renesmee had something to do with why we were all here.

"Bella called Jacob in the middle of the night," Leah informs.

"What did she say?" Edward asks impatiently.

"She said she's extremely betrayed, by you two," Jacob gestures to me and Edward. "She wouldn't leave Nessie behind so she took her with. Bella's in Seattle, she didn't want me to tell you all but I am, and she's going to be even angrier and more hurt when she figures that out. But I need to be with Nessie, to see her and know she's okay."
I frowned. Renesmee's taking had, of course, been my fault. Just as my weakness and transformation into this... abominable creature and Xavier's death had been. I push the thoughts out of my mind. When I return to reality, the wolves look at me strangely, as if sensing some hint of where my mind has wondered off to but not quite understanding a single thing. It's odd, but none of us say a word.

How did everyone like this chapter? I threw in more details of her past, which includes her first years in being a vampire.
Personally, I like getting glimpses into the past of a character and their background. I don't know if anyone else feels like this when reading but it helps me shape the characters personality and understand the way they think and why. Now that I'm editing this, I realize it's cause I want to study psychology.

And yes I threw in that tvd line. When Damon said that it broke me into a million pieces even though I knew he'd come back, cause in shows main characters always come back. Except for Enzo and Stefan. 😂😭

I also threw in a little Edveline. I couldn't find a cute way to put Hope and Edward, or Nadja and Edward, together for a ship name so I used Hopes middle name, Aveline, instead and came up with Edveline.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

49.4K 1K 14
Alethea was once a part of the Cullen Family. However, she mysteriously disappears. Centuries later, Renesmee is born. Noticing the similarities bet...
105K 3.8K 17
When a boy meets a vampire, he feels as if he could live forever. 30,366 Words Started- 22/04/22 Rewrite- 18/09/23 Finished- 30/12/23 - Jasper Hale...
163K 3.2K 42
What if Bella had a little sister but she acted more of a mom to her then Renee, well meet Carlie Swan little sister of Bella Swan, but Renee is more...
73.4K 1.3K 13
Everyone knows Renesmee Cullen right? Well if you don't you liver under a rock. Well what if Renesmee has a younger twin who is hated by Edward, Bell...