Heatstroke (Jack Frost, Rise...

De FlorindaBrydon

"You know I have never been good with heat. Why me!" Jack Frost has been a Guardian for two years now and li... Mais

Authors note please read
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
New Beginnings the Sequel for Heatstroke

Chapter 31

297 20 14
De FlorindaBrydon

(Romanna's POV)

|

|

|

|

|

'Mum?! Mum I'm home' I call out from the kitchen.

'Where is she? It's only 4:30pm.' I ask myself.

I pulled out a dining room chair and sat down.

'It's Sunday, maybe she's in town or at the markets.' I said thinking out loud.

Footsteps could be heard slowly walking down the hallway, into the lounge room.

It was my mother.

'Mum!' I called out happily. 'I'm home! Wait untill you hear about where I've been! I've missed you!' I said excitedly while running over to her for a hug.

Instead of hugging me back, she walked strait through me and into the kitchen. I gasped in shock as I quickly spun around and watched her sit down at the dining table.

'Oh, MiM, no!' Jack wispered to himself.

'M-m-mum?' I called her name hoping she would hear me, she didn't.

'She can't see me... I-I I'm invisible.' I stated with a shaking voice.

'Romie, it was a mistake bringing you here. I didn't even think! I'm so sorry! Come on let's get out of here. I'm taking you back to the Pole.' Jack said urgently while grabbing my hand.

I immediately slapped him away. 'No, don't touch me.' I snapped harshly.

'Mum!' I yelled at her while standing on the opposite side of the table.

'There's no point Romanna, I spent 300 years doing that exact thing! We need to go!' Jack said while trying to get me to listen.

'Where are you?' My mother wispered sadly to herself. 'Romanna please come home. It was Jessica's birthday on Wednesday, that was five days ago! She refused to do any birthday things unless you were here with us. I wouldn't blame her, I want you home too.' She said while softly sobbing into her hands.

'I missed Jessica's 9th birthday! No! Mummy? I'm right here, in front of you. You just need to believe in me! Please! Mum!' My words becoming more shaky and desperate the more I begged.

I haven't called her mummy since I was a little girl. Tears were threatening to fall from my eyes as I watched my mother cry over my disappearance.

Wait! Five days ago? But I've been gone for only four days. Oh my god, the time difference! The area were I live in Australia is about 13 hours ahead of America. That means they are about a day ahead of me at the moment.

'I was dead on Jessica's birthday!!!!' My squeal was muffled by my hands which were firmly pressed over my mouth.

'Will Jessica be able to see me?!' I begged Jack. 'Maybe since she believes in the gardians she'll be able to see me and then tell mum.'

'I'm sorry Romanna. I don't think she knows who Mother Nature is...' Jack replied sadly while pointing to the small figure that was curled up in a ball on the couch.

'Jessica?' I asked while kneeling down in front of her. She didn't reply. Like my mum she was also crying.

'No! This can't be happening! It was her birthday she should be happy! All I eva wanted was for my family to be happy! I sacrificed everythin to make sure they were ok! This is my falt!' I yelled while burying my tear soaked face into my hands.

Jack cautiously walked over to me, not knowing if I was going to push him away again.

When he drew closer he walked passed me and stood in front of the couch.

'Jessica?' He spoke softly, immediately getting her attention.

'Hey kido, why are you so sad?' He asked while wrapping his arms around her in a hug. He comforted her for a moment before she spoke.

'Romie's gone.' She whispered.

'Really? But that can't be right? She's been with me at the North Pole.' He said while smiling at her. He glanced up at me, still smiling.

I breathed a sigh of relief knowing that Jack was hopefully going to make me visible to my sister again.

'Really?' Jessica asked while smiling back at Jack. 'Yeah! But there's something I need you to do for me, ok?' He asked while standing up.

'What it's it?' She asked.

'There is a girl with magic powers that can control the weather. You haven't heard of her before because she's kinda new but she is real. Her name is Mother Nature.' Jack explained while standing next to me.

'Motha Nature? That's a real person?' She questioned.

'What did you say Jess?' My mum asked while walking over to her and sitting on the couch.

'Jack Frost was starting to tell me about a new magical girl who can control the weatha. Motha Nature is her name. He's trying to convince me that she's real.' Jessica said while sounding board.

'Jack Frost? Oh yes, the Winta guardian. So he's talking to you?' She asked while playing along with Jessica's "make believe game". It was cheering Jess up, so of course mum would play along.

'Uh huh. Do you think I should listen to him? He said Motha Nature was real and he has Romanna with him.' She said while pulling the blanket over her legs.

'Jack Frost has Romanna. Hmm... Well it's betta to believe that instead of the otha hundreds of bad things that are running through my mind at the moment. So what's Romie doing at the North Pole then?' Mum asked, still pretending to believe in what she was saying.

'I don't know? Jack what is she doing with you?' She asked while looking up at the tall boy.

'Romanna is the Mother Nature I was telling you about. You can't see her unless you believe Mother Nature is real. Romie is standing right here next to me.

I want you to tell your mum that Romanna's powers have become active again. I know it doesn't make sense to you, but your mum will understand.' Jack said happily.

'Umm... Mum? Jack asked me to tell you that Romie's powas are active again and she's the Motha Nature he was talking about.' Jessica repeated to our mother.

Immediately mum's eyes widened and her jaw dropped when Jessica, who know nothing about my powers, told that to her.

'Who told you about Romanna's powas?' She asked, still a little in shock. It's been years since we have ever even spoken about them. I had almost completely forgotten I had them.

'Uh, duh! Jack Frost. He's standing right there.' She said while pointing towards Jack.

Mum's eyes followed in the direction of her finger and they immediately focused on me.

'Romie!' My mother yelled while quickly jumping to her feet.

'Mummy? You-you can see me?!' I said while holding my breath.

I didn't need her to answer because my question was proven true when she hugged me.

'Oh Romanna! Where have you been! I was so worried about you! Are you hurt? Let me look at you!' She exclaimed loudly while pulling away from the hug and spinning me around on the spot.

'Mum, mum! I'm fine, I'm fine!' I reassured her.

'Good! So start talking! Where were you and who is that boy!' She said while gesturing to Jack.

'Wait, you can see me too?' Jack asked obviously suprised.

'Uh huh.' Mum replied while eyeing him off suspiciously.

'Oh, umm, where are my manners! Hello Amy, my name is Jack Frost. I'm the fifth guardian of childhood, the guardian of fun and spirit of Winter. It's very nice to finally meet you. Romanna's told me so much about you! You're really awesome.' He politely introduced himself in full with a traditional styled proper bow towards my mother at the end.

'Aww, a real gentleman arn't you! Oh yeah Romanna, he's a keepa!' Mum said to me while smiling sweetly at him.

I face palmed so hard it hurt.

'Muuum!' I whined from embarrassment.

'Jack, what are you doing? Stop acting all propa and cute!' I sarcastically complained.

'Well so-rry if I wanted to have a good first impression on your mother!' He rebutted while giving me his signature smirk.

'Uh huh, oh yeah, definitely a keeper! I like him' She said while immediately shipping us together.

Well maybe the relationship talk won't go as badly as I first thought.

~~~A little while later~~~

'So you died? Carl, my ex, your fatha killed you?' Mum asked me for the tenth time.

'Yes but I'm fine now.' I replied while rubbing at the temples of my forehead. She's giving me a headache.

Mum was extremely upset when I told her that Carl has teamed up with Pitch Black, stabbed Tooth, attacked my friends and then shoot me.

Years ago, mum quit her job, left all of her friends, lost all contact with her family and moved all the way out here so I would be safe from Carl. But yet he managed to find me again and officially end my mortal life.

Mum was crushed and spent at least 20 minutes crying while hugging me on her lap, like a little kid. I let her cradle me knowing that she was extremely distressed and needed the affection.

She's calmed down and stopped crying now, but she's still asking the same questions over and over.

'Mum! Both Jack and I have explained what happened more than once. Carl is missing, but he's probably with Pitch. Neitha of them are threat at the moment and we are all safe.... for now.

North is throwing a party for me at the North Pole in like 9 hours, and I'm really tired! Can I please take a nap before I have to go out again? Oh and mum you can't stop me from going because I am the guest of honor, and no you are not coming too.' I said in a fed up over tired tone.

'Ok, ok. I'll let you go but on one condition!' She asked while taking a sip of tea from the coffee cup that was in her hands.

'And what would that be?' I asked politely, but still in an irritated manor.

'Tell me exactly who will be there, you agree not to eat anything with dairy in it and you come home strait afta.' She said expertly.

'Aghh that's three, not one! But fine, I'll do what you want.' I complained.

'Jack, who's gonna be there?' I asked while glancing over at him. He was half asleep on the couch.

'Wha? Huh?' He mumbled while sitting up. Aww he's so cute when he's sleepy.

'Umm, I'm not exactly sure since spirits never respond with a clear yes or no, but I can guess these people will be there since they never miss a party.

Umm, April the spirit of April Fools Day, Hallow the spirit of Halloween, Alexandria or Alex as she prefers to be called, she's the Music spirit and will 100% be at a party. Umm, maybe a few Leprechauns might be there, but I doubt it. They're tricksters and are always getting into mischief.

North won't invite them but they'll probably hear about the party and show up anyway. I think thats it. Oh, there will probably be a few elemental spirits and supernaturals there too.' Jack said rather pleased with himself.

He's technically still very new to this whole guardian and spirit realm and is still probably learning about a lot of things.

'Umm, you forgot about Cupid. From what I've heard he's gonna be there too.' I said while looking over at mum.

'Cupid is going to be there?' Mum asked me. A small smile slowly crept across her lips.

'Umm, yeah. Is that ok?' I asked hoping she's not going to freak out that a love angel will be at the party with me.

'Oh yeah! It's perfect! 100% you can go now!' She said rather quickly and surprisingly happily.

'What the..... You'll let me go if Cupid is there?' I asked confused.

'Oh, no, don't worry about it. Just have fun. Now you're tired, why don't you head to bed? The both of you.' Mum said while standing and placing her cup into the sink.

I had already informed her about the beginning of the relationship that was between Jack and I, and like I had guessed she was extremely accepting about it.

She seems to really like Jack and after I told her about the things he's done for me she seriously hugged him. It was funny to watch since Jack has never been hugged be an adult or a mother. I think they both liked it.

'You are the best!' I exclaimed while running over to mum and giving her a quick hug.

'No worries, just tell me before you leave.' She replied while pulling my clinging arms away from her body.

'Sure thing! But it will be around sunrise when I leave, you know with the whole time difference thing. It'll be sunset ova there and that's when the party starts. I don't really wanna wake you up.' I replied while walking Jack towards the hallway to my bedroom.

'Ok then, don't worry about it. Just go, have fun! Oh, did you want me to wake you for dinna when it's made in an hour or two?' Mum added just before I managed to open my door.

'Yeah, sure!' I replied while pushing the sleepy zombie Jack into my bright bedroom.

He was so upset about me dying, that he didn't eat or sleep in the four full days I had been gone. That's why I said yes to mum about dinner, Jack is probably starving.

'Right, you know the drill, shirt and belt off.' I ordered while shutting the window and it's blinds in an attempt to make the room darker.

The time was about 5:00pm and the sun isn't going to set until at least 6:30pm.

Wow, how did I know that? It's like I have a perfect clock programed into my head and I suddenly know the exact moment the sun will set and rise. Oh I'm really starting to love my powers!

'Uh huh' Jack replied with his eyes tightly shut.

Wow he is soo tired. While yawning, he pulled his hoodie off over his head and removed his belt.

I noticed the clean pile of clothing that was thrown onto my bean bag and I quickly grabbed my usual pj's off the top.

By the time I had gotten dressed, Jack had already passed out on top of my small bed.

I let out a soft sigh and crawled under the covers next to him.

Jack wasn't the one who was doing the spooning this time, it was me. I was happily embraceing him from behind in my warm arms.

After the few days he's been through, I think he really just needed a warm cuddle from me. From what Tooth told me, he didn't handle my death very well. So I think he'll be more than happy to have me holding him close as he slept.

I gently wrapped an arm around his waist and snuck the other under his shoulders. He immediately responded by grabbing a hold of my arm and cuddling it tightly in his arms, close to his chest.

'I really do love you' I whispered while softly kissing the back of his neck.

'I love you too.' Jack mumbled while snuggling further into my embrace.

Moments later we were both completely asleep.

A/N

Hey guys!

I've just relised there are so many sleeping scenes in this story, lol I hope it's not too boring.

Who likes Romie's mum!? I know I do. xD

The fun, embarrassing, mind blowing stuff and explaining scenes are about to begin again!

You will hopefully meet a bunch of new people, each with their own epic roles to play in this story.

And I'll add a hint of random adorable Sweettooth scenes for you too. Only cause I love 'em so much.

Thanks for reading and voting!

Sorry for any mistakes, I'll fix them when I find them.

Xoxo

Continue lendo

Você também vai gostar

15.2K 220 26
THIS IS BASED OFF OF MY ONESHOTS I MADE WITHIN MY "CARTOONS X READER ONESHOTS" BOOK!!! I HOPE YOU LIKE IT! 💜 From the Man in the Moon, he grants bei...
29.2K 712 17
I love this movie. So. Much. You have no idea. I just hope that other people, equally, love this movie. I'm sure fanfictions like this have definite...
405 35 16
We know the Guardians. Nicholas St. North, the Spirit of Christmas known as Santa Clause; E. Aster Bunnymund, the Spirit of Easter known as the Easte...
7.5K 124 20
Alexandra Barrow was a normal girl of sixteen when she died in 1626. While saving her brother from a mountain lion, she was attacked and killed by th...