𝐂𝐎𝐍𝐆𝐑𝐀𝐓𝐒, 𝐓𝐀𝐊𝐀𝐒�...

By _kaerinrin

on-going. sequel of hi, mitsuya. ❝ don't lie mitsuya, i know it hurts. ❞ ╭━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━╮ yo... More

Disclaimer
Two.
Three.
Four.
Five.
Six.
Seven.
Eight.
Nine.
Ten.
-
Eleven.

One.

2.7K 128 169
By _kaerinrin

01. FRIENDS

--

Why would anyone want to walk around all day with high heels, a thick pile of schedule lists on hand and a little boy tugging on their skirt? And in the evening, wearing a tight black dress, walking on a red carpet to accompany a CEO a.k.a model of a famous fashion line?

Money, maybe? Well, money is one thing but distraction is another.

"Do I have anything for lunch?"

You flipped through a white folder, scanning the page to look at the time table. "Hm, you'll have lunch with Ren. Oh and Rindou told me he's tagging along."

Ran pulled his suit in before removing his glare at the paper in front of him that he still needs to review and sign. Exhaustion starting to become quite visible on his face, bags under his eyes.

Nonetheless, a smirk plays around his lips- as if he knows how hot he is.

"Can I cancel-"

Closing the folder, you walked towards his table. "You can't cancel another lunch with your son. You know how much he misses you, especially now that you don't even have the time to take him out during weekends."

"He's fine with just you around, Y/n. There's you, his Mom, to take care of him."

"Come on, Ran. You know he'll start to hate you if you cancel this one. Just one lunch. I'll help you with those paperworks later."

Ran took another glance at his work pile, "Fine. If you say so."

You grimaced, shaking your head in disbelief. "I can't believe you plan to get married this year and yet you can't even handle your current workload. Duh, try a little harder would you?"

"Wait, wait," He chuckled, standing up from his swivel chair to get ready for lunch. "Am I really the boss and you're the secretary or is it the other way around?"

After placing down the file on your hand, you walked towards him, reaching for his crooked tie. It has always been your duty. You cook breakfast for him, sometimes if not too often, you also cook his dinner. When he's drunk, you take him home and stay until he's sober. You choose his outfit whenever he needs to meet important guests or attend events.

During his modeling career, you serve as his P.A (personal assistant). Oftentimes, he doesn't like other people touching his face which results in you taking the role of his make up artist.

There were times when you started to question what job you really applied for. Being his secretary or an all-rounder assistant.

It wasn't that you're complaining. The job was great, perfect even. Throughout five years of working with him, you figure out he's more than just your boss now. He's more of a best friend than an employer.

"How's it working with Rindou?" Ran asked as he sat on the backseat of the car, while you were beside the driver.

Without taking your eyes off from the road, you answered him. "We're doing fine."

"Really?"

"How about marriage?"

This time you moved from your seat to face him, eyes widening. "Are you serious right now? It hasn't even been a month since we started dating."

"Ah, well. Your relationship is more heated than mine though."

You blushed, "Heated-"

"Saw you making out in his condo, on the newly bought sofa, still had that plastic wrapping on."

"The fuck?!"

"Don't worry, don't worry. I'm open-minded."

You closed your eyes, massaging the bridge of your nose. How come you were able to suck in the annoyance working with him for all those years? And come to think of it, you're even dating his brother.

Oh, yeah. Working as Ran's secretary pays a hefty amount of bills. Enough to buy your own company, to be honest. But it wasn't money that made you keep working for such a stressful CEO a.k.a model. It was a distraction.

When you started working for him, you were working for him 24/7 and you didn't even ask for a day off. It keeps you distracted from the thoughts about the past. About Mitsuya Takashi.

It keeps you distracted from the pain and loneliness whenever you get the chance to look at the black severed string on your pinky finger.

And truth be told, it worked. Five years and you're still intact, working as if nothing heartbreaking happened.

Even though you thought you'll never get the chance to move on and love again, a certain Haitani came into the picture. Haitani Rindou.

He may not be as sweet as Taka- Mitsuya but the fact that he was able to swerve right at your feet was enough to date him.

It's not as if he's just a replacement. Rindou embraced you when you felt alone and showed you that you can love again.

"We're here."

As soon as the both of you went out of the car, you pulled Ran by his neck tie. "Be sure to initiate a conversation with your son. You can't expect him to be the only one working hard to keep your relationship intact."

He nodded lazily before the two of you went inside the restaurant where Ren and Rindou awaited.

The moment Ren saw you, he jumped out of his seat, running towards you with a big smile on his face. "Mommy!"

As his small stature clashed with yours, you almost lost balance. Good thing Ran held your elbow. "Mommy, I missed you! How come you forgot to take me out last Saturday?"

Last saturday, you went on a date with Rindou. But it shouldn't be you taking responsibility for his boring weekends. It's his Dad. Haitani Ran.

"Aha, it's fine. Your Dad promised he'll take you to an amusement park this coming Saturday. Okay?"

"Daddy will?"

"He will! I'll make sure he will!" You gave Ran a side glance and he leaned in to the kid to ruffle his hair.

"Dadd will try-" Before Ren could pout again, you elbowed Ran immediately. "I mean, of course I will."

"Yey!"

Finally, the four of you sat at the round table. Delicious food served piping hot in front. And another hot person beside you, playing with your fingers under the table while keeping a straight face. You smiled at Rindou, nudging him on the sides.

"Are you done with work? Or just for lunch?"

Rindou laced his fingers on yours, squeezing at your palm. "Done. I planned to tag along with you guys later."

"I heard that!" Ran suddenly said, "You can't tag along with us? You're not even working for my company? What you'll tag along and date? No can do. I'm the boss but I'll look like I'll be a third wheel."

But Rindou didn't pay him any bit of attention. Instead, he took your hand and kissed the back of your palm. "Then after your shift, let's go out somewhere."

"Hey, Rin. Listen to your brother, will you?"

"And, brother, entertain your son will you?"

You chuckled, "That's right, Boss." Ran almost grimaced at how much you emphasized the word 'boss'. "Also, tell Ren to stop calling me Mommy. He's gonna have his own Mom soon. What will Aimi think of me?"

"Yeah, Ran. You better tell your kid to stop calling my girlfriend Mommy. We'll make our own child sooner or later."

Hearing such things, you couldn't help but almost choke on your food. Blushing from your cheeks to your ears.

"Ah, if you want to flirt, why not move to another table?"

Rindou chuckled, tightening his grip on your hand. As if he didn't want to let go. And sure enough, he won't let you go for as long as he lives.

-

"What's this?"

"Saw it online and immediately thought how you'll like it so I ended up buying all the limited edition."

You could feel how your jaw almost fell as you opened the paper bag. Inside wasn't just some expensive clothes, but expensive clothing from that one famous fashion line. The 'Three Star Valley'.

Admit it or not, you loved every clothing the fashion line has to offer. And weird enough that all clothes fit your taste, almost as if it's made just for you.

Rindou, on the other hand, spoils you with clothes, bags and shoes from that brand. Not that you hate it, but sometimes it feels like a burden to accept his overloading presents.

"What's the occasion?"

"Nothing really," He answered, tucking his hand in his pants pocket. "Just really wanted to see you smile."

Another red flush touched your cheeks. Hot.

"Thank you."

"Shouldn't a thank you come with a kiss?"

Your eyebrows twitched, shaking your head before actually complying. It's not as if you can say no to whatever he wants.

Tiptoeing, you held on to his broad shoulder for support to plant a small kiss on his cheeks. Though before you could pull away, he already wrapped his firm hand on your waist pulling you closer for a warm hug.

The night was no longer cold and the city lights behind you seemed to glow much more. The billboard and the neon signage sparks in the background but the traffic signal and beeps of car horns muffled.

You hugged him back, burying your nose at the crook of his neck. Inhaling his lavender and masculine scent. It could be his perfume or his fabric softener, or maybe even his natural smell. You loved it nonetheless.

As you snuggle closer, Rindou smoothes his hand on your head, sliding down your hair. Rub a small circle on your back and your waist.

"Busy this saturday?"

"Hmm," You closed your eyes, ignoring the sudden cold breeze that even made your hair fly in a different direction. "I don't think so. I already told Ran to take Ren out that day."

"He might ask you to come."

"Nope. Already told his fiancee, Aimi, to tag along so she could meet her new son. I figure they'll get along well, too."

"You think so? But Ren is too attached to you now."

"Well, that's not my fault right? I could still play with him but he should really spend time with his new Mom."

"You're too kind. That's why I love you." He murmured, kissing you on top of your head.

"I love you, Rin."

"But don't you think it's too cold here now?"

You finally let go, now leaning against the steel railing. "You said you wanted to show me something."

"I do," He pointed somewhere on the large billboards. The billboards that everyone aspires to put their faces at. One of the billboards flashed Hakkai's face, modeling a certain brand of perfume.

He achieved far greater than you have ever imagined. You could tell that Yuzuha, her sister, was way too proud.

"Just look at the biggest billboard. Keep an eye on that one, yeah?" Rindou pulled the sleeves of his shirt away from his wrist, looking at his gold wrist watch. The clock says it's 8:59. One more minute.

And there, Haitani Rindou's face flashed on the big billboard. His purple orbs peeked on his eyelids as he slowly opened his eyes, bestowing the audience a tight smile. Then the camera moved down as he lifted his hand, looking at his watch.

Your eyes widen, turning immediately to face him. "Why didn't you tell me that you've modeled for that wrist watch brand? Omg! Congratulations! I should've prepared a gift! I- uh, wait, my phone! I need to take a video of this!"

In a hurry, you searched your pocket but Rindou only chuckled, snatching your wrist to stop you. "No need for a video, yeah? You got the real one right here in person."

Your heartbeat paced up. It was the same intense feeling 5 years ago the first time you met him. That warm patch building and growing on your chest and touching all cold corners of your body.

You love the man. You love Haitani Rindou.

He wasn't just someone who helped you forget about the heartbreak you experienced with Mitsuya. Haitani Rindou made you a better person, for him and for yourself.

He took a step closer, reaching for your cheeks. His thumb wiping something off. "Hey, why are you crying?"

You closed your eyes, gripping on his wrist. "Don't leave me, okay? Promise you won't ever leave me. No matter what happens."

Because this time, you can't imagine losing another important person in your life ever again. Not again, and definitely not Rindou.

"I won't. I promise I won't. So don't cry anymore, Y/n. I won't ever leave you."

-

Mitsuya closed the lid of his laptop before facing Yuzuha. "Whose wedding again?"

"A wedding of that rich ass CEO a.k.a model. Haitani Ran. He's friends with Hakkai so he probably heard of you from my brother. That's why he specifically stated in his order that you personally design his wedding suit and his fiancee's wedding gown."

"The details of the clothing?" He pulled a form from one of his drawers, checking some boxes in. "The color? Size? Any specific detail they want to add?"

Yuzuha sighed, planting her forehead on the wooden table. "Uh, he also said he wanted to talk to you in person. Even though I said you're busy and are already meeting a lot of clients, he was persistent. I'm sorry."

The male only chuckled, folding the paper and keeping it back on the drawer. "Don't worry, Yuzuha. It's fine. I'll just adjust my schedule and meet them soon. Seems like their wedding will be soon, right?"

"I heard so."

"Then, they're top priority."

"You're working hard, aren't you?"

Mitsuya averted his gaze, "All for Luna and Mana."

Five years and even though he looks fine, the scar won't fade. He looked down on his fingers, black severed string still connected on his pinky.

Would a string grow back like a chopped off tree? He guessed not. After all, he was the one who chose to go back to just being friends. Friends who haven't even seen each other for the whole five years.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

77.9K 3.2K 35
I huge thanks to @Emonekochan26 for making the amazing cover! COMPLETED: MAY/29/20 Some triggering topics, and hints at sexual content! We all dream...
2.5K 60 13
Love is a harsh and cruel thing, But I'm willing to feel every single part of it for you My Dear Mitsuya. Love was not her fortune nor did she have a...
1K 42 29
Kunimi x femreader You are an insomniac, like your older sister, Neko. The two of you constantly drink coffee and energy drinks, reading and playing...
231K 9.7K 60
y/n l/n and takashi mistuya , childhood friends . he's loved her forever . he'll wait forever . she's unsure what love really is . she'll search fore...