The Unbreakable Dancer

By lushwriterlvr

Tessa Wren is a painter(who can also secretly dance) at the Maryland School of the Arts (MSA) and is best fri... More

Characters
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
A/N
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Book Request Book
A/N
Chapter 29
A/N

Chapter 8

3.1K 71 7
By lushwriterlvr

 Graduations and admissions

The Monday after we won in The Streets I saw Andie and ran up to hug her.

"Woah chill, you just saw me on Saturday," Andie says smiling at me.

"I know, I'm just happy you're back,"

We walk to our dance class in the dance studio and Chase sits beside us and kisses Andie on the cheek.

"Aww," I gush.

"Shut up."

Chase smiles at me "Hey Tessa,"

"Hey, Chase,"

We all talk for a while until the bell rings. Right after that happens Moose bursts through the door panting.

"I made it," he says with a little smile.

"You're late," I tease.

"I got lost, and I forgot I was starting to dance here," Moose admits as his cheeks flush slightly.

"It's okay Moosie,"

"Are you ever going to stop calling me that," Moose groans?

I fake thinking for a second.

"Mm, no."

I hear Chase and Andie laugh beside me. This is going to be the greatest year ever.

************************************************************

*One year later*

A whole year has passed and the MSA crew has made a huge name for ourselves. It sucks that after these next two months we have to leave it all behind.

Let me give you a quick recap. We competed at the Streets again this year and won. Sophie and Moose dated for about a week then broke up because Sophie got a movie deal in Paris. Chase and Andie broke up two weeks ago when Chase chose dance over her. Andie is still brokenhearted about it even though she told him to go and chase his dream. The Crew is still close and we are trying to spend as much time together as possible before we all go our separate ways to college.

I hear my doorbell go off and it snaps me out of my trance.

"Tessie," my mom yells. "Your little dancing boy is here,"

I roll my eyes at the nickname she gave to Moose.

"I coming," I yell.

Moose walks through the door.

"Good morning, Ms. Wren," he says with a charming smile.

"Good morning to you too Moose, and how many times do I have to tell you. Please call me Tara."

"Oh sorry, ms- I mean Tara,"

My mom smiles and him and mouths 'he's cute' to me.

Tell me something I don't know.

Moose walks over to me with an envelope in his hand.

A while ago Moose and I applied to the same college, NYU so that we could go to college together. I know it's a long shot but it's worth a try. Plus I have backup colleges just in case it doesn't work out.

"Do you have yours?"

I nod my head and motion for him to come upstairs to my bedroom.

"Keep the door at least 3 inches open!" My mom yells.

"I know," I yell back embarrassed.

I pull Moose into my room and gently close the door so my mom doesn't hear it. I grab my envelope from the nightstand and sit on my bed with Moose beside me.

I hold my envelope tightly with my heart racing. My leg starts bouncing, it always does that when I'm anxious. Moose puts his hand on my knee.

"Don't be nervous, we got this," he smiles.

I sure hope we do

I smile back and we open our envelopes. Both of our papers are folded.

"I'm too nervous to read mine," I say

"Same with me,"

We look at each other and switched papers.

"Same time?" Moose asks.

"Same time?

"3," Moose starts the countdown.

"2," I say.

"1," we say at the same time and open each other's papers.

There's silence for a couple of seconds and we are reading what each envelope says about one another.

"I got in," we say at the same time then we realize that we forgot that we are looking at each other's paper.

"You got in," we say simultaneously.

We smile and each other.

"WE GOT IN!" Well, yell at the same time.

Moose hugs me and picks me up to spin me around. He puts me down and hugs me.

My door bursts open with my mom holding cupcakes on the other side.

"I heard y'all got in," she says with a huge smile plastered against her face.

Me and Moose take the cupcakes from my mom's hand and go downstairs to celebrate.

***************************************************
Moose ended up staying over longer than expected and he left to go home around 11.

I call Andie and tell her that I got in. She was screaming over the phone and I was screaming with her.

After my call, I wash and lay in my bed thinking about what's to come.

I'm about to go to college with one of my best friends and be like an adult.

Wow.

I close my eyes and let sleep take me over.

*****************************************************************************

*Two months later* -In may

Today was graduation day and I wore this short green flowy dress with sneakers because I have gotten so tired of wearing heels.

I go backstage and talk to Andie and Moose.

"I can't believe it. We're graduating," Andie says to us.

"I know right, we only have the summer left and then we'll be going our separate ways.," I say sadly.

"Don't worry Tess, you'll still have me for a while," Moose says.

"Sadly I will," I joke.

"Okay places we are starting in 3 minutes," some administrator says walking backstage.

"Let's get in order, I half to walk to the end of the line by myself," I groan.

"I have to walk with you, my last name is West," Andie says.

"Oh yeah, I forgot.

*********************************************

I get into the place and order and hear music starting and names being called.

"Emma Adams, Drake Adri, Bella Afrunk,"

This is going to take a while.

I zone out for a bit until I hear a familiar name.

"Robert Alexander III or Moose as he likes to be called,"

I hear the crowd scream, and my mom's voice above the rest.

"I know that dancing kid," She yells.

As Moose walks across the stage to get his diploma, the song The Way I Are by Timbaland starts playing on the speakers, every administrator looks confused or angry except director collins who smiles slightly.

"Dance, Dance, Dance" the students chant.

Moose starts dancing to the director doing cool moves in his cap and gown. When he finally gets to him, Director Collins smiles at him. Moose grabs his diploma and dances off the stage. Everybody claps and the graduation Music starts again.

After a few more names another one of my friends is called.

"Madison Heathers,"

Madison walks over smoothly to the director and smiles.

After what feels like a thousand names I hear someone special.

"Andie West,"

I scream and whoop for my friend. She shakes her head at me and mouths 'Shut Up' I smile and mouth back 'no' and start to yell louder. Andie rolls her eyes and grabs her diploma and sits down.

"Tessa Wren," I hear my mom's loud voice over everything else in that room. I grab my diploma and see Moose smile at me. I smile back.

**************************lots of time skips, sorry*****

"I'm so proud of all of you," My mom says walking over to me, Andie and Moose.

"So am I," Sarah says walking over. Sarah and my mom hug and start catching up a little.

"Guys," I hear a familiar voice yell.

"Kido!" We say and all hug her.

"We need a group picture of the entire MSA crew in our cap and gowns," I say.

"Good idea, let's go round everyone up," Andie says.

After a while, we got everyone and took a whole bunch of pictures. We even had some pictures without our gowns on and just our clothes doing funny poses.

In one of the poses, we were holding Andie up. Another pose we did was the girls being in the front and the boys 'checking us out. In the final pose, everyone got with a partner and did something silly. Moose picks me up bridal style and holds me, with a huge smile on his face.

After loads of pictures, we gave each other hugs and cried a little knowing this would probably be the last time we all would see each other since most of them were going away for the summer.

**************************************

After graduation, we had a mini get-together and shared to fun times we had. We all gave mini speeches and cried a little.

That night me, Andie and Moose were joking around and hanging on the last bit of time we have before she leaves soon. After Andie leaves we make a vow to spend as much time as we can before we break off.

****************************************************************

Summer was filled with pool parties, hanging out, dancing, and gathering college supplies.

The day Andie left I was in a pool of tears but luckily Moose was there to comfort me.

In the last few days, we helped each other pack and register. Even though we couldn't room together we tried to get as close as possible.

Now in a few days, we'll be leaving to go to NYU for freshmen orientation. I am freaking out but, as long as I have Moose with me, I think I'll be alright.

Just a little filler chapter before we actually get into the next movie.

Hey, I'm back. So I will actually have more free time since my season for winter guard just ended this past weekend at championships. That means I can update more since I won't have practice. SO be prepared for more chapters coming out soon. 

Have a great day or night since I'm posting this late :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.8K 121 20
"I Just want to be part of your symphony" When the music club goes through yet another fight Jake gets banned from the club by Hailey's step-brother...
Band Aids By Sophie

Teen Fiction

219 1 25
Band aids were always a must have when we were kids. Whether it was the time you tripped while skipping rope, or fell off the monkey bars, or got int...
9.6K 742 27
(#2 Book in the dance series.) Lea Rovera is a 24 y/o aspiring artist that has been inseparable from her best friend Estelle Beaufort at The Pink Ros...
93.2K 1.8K 38
*book two of the Counting On Hockey series. Read Just Another Goal prior to this book* Meredith and Cole are going into their Senior year of high sch...