Heathen

Por softsloth

"You don't understand, little female. I am like a God to these people." Elodie is lost. Literally. After a ma... Más

before
|01|
|02|
|03|
|04|
|05|
|06|
|07|
|08|
|09|
|10|
|11|
|12|
|13|
|14|
|15|
|16|
|17|
|18|
|19|
|20|
|21|
|22|
|23|
|25|
|26|
|27|
|28|
|29|
|30|
after
Book 5 - His Redemption

|24|

52.4K 2.1K 330
Por softsloth

Elodie

      After the doors close, I slip down on the couch, shoving my face into a pillow as Barre stalks around the room. Salsh nudges my elbow with his cold, wet nose. I groan, tucking myself in further to the cushions, wishing they would just swallow me whole.

       I can tell that Barre is pissed. I don't want to deal with it.

      "Elodie." He snarls. "I don't like this."

     I huff into the pillow, biting the fabric as I clench my teeth. I know this. I know he hates Locanas and this whole situation. No one hates this more than me though. None of it's fair.

     But when Empress Jane offered for me to talk with my attacker, it just felt right.

      "I don't want you being near him."

      I throw myself up into a sitting position, looking at the gladiator over the cushions.

      He has his muscular arms crossed over his wide chest. His brooding expression would make a human man pee his pants, but to me he's simply an overgrown toddler throwing a tantrum.

      "You think I want to see him? Don't be ridiculous. I have to make this decision. It wouldn't be fair to decide his fate without at least having a conversation with him." I demand, pushing the mass of red waves out of my hair in frustration.

      Barre suddenly runs a hand over his stubble that has slowly turned into a beard.

     "I don't want him to..."

     I stand from the couch, tripping over my gown in my haste. I glare up at him, suddenly angry at his harsh tone. He's almost 2 feet taller than me, but I'm not intimidated.

      Planting my hands on my hips, I stand up to him.

     "What? You don't want him to what?" I demand, Barre glares, his jaw clenched tight.

     "I don't want him to hurt you anymore. He scared you enough with his touch, his words will just make things worse." He scoffs, shaking his head. "And I don't want him to convince you to let him go free. He deserves death for what he's done."

     I see the turmoil on his face, and hear the fury in his voice. I'm still getting used to understanding his words. We had so much wordless communication, I can read him like a book.

     "He won't know that I get to decide his fate. At least, I don't think so."

     I sigh, walking past Barre and towards the bed. I sink down, sitting on the edge and looking down at my hands.

     "I like this idea that Jane has, I think it's fair, I'm just not in a great place to be making this decision."

     A confused expression crosses his face.

     "Jane?"

     "The Empress." I provide.

     I throw myself back on the bed, running my hands across the soft fabric beneath me and staring at the too ornate ceiling. I just want to be back in our little cabin in the woods.

     "And yeah, Locanas" I choke trying to say his name, "did hurt me. Mentally, physically, but I need to know who he is. I haven't understood a thing out of his mouth. I need to know why he did what he did. I can't send a man to death without even knowing him."

     Barre comes to stand in front of me. He chews on the inside of his cheek, turning to sit down next to me.

     "You didn't understand me until yesterday." I hear the timidness trickle into his normally gravelly tone as the mattress dips beside me.

     My head whips up, ready to tell him off. He dares to look dejected.

     I grab his face, holding it tight and forcing him to look at me.

     "That's different, I know you and you know that." I stare deeply into his eyes of two different colors, feeling like I've known him forever. Warmth spreads through me when a small reassured smile appears on his face.

       But he doesn't look very convinced. There's worry in his face hidden in small places.

     I bite my bottom lip, wanting to put my lips on his again.

     "Speak your mind. I know you have a lot to say, I can see it." I press, grabbing for his hand and squeezing it.

     Barre sighs, looking at the ground before returning his eyes to me.

     "I also don't want him to think he has a chance with you. I don't want him looking and lusting over you. I see the way he looks at you. It brings out another sort of darkness I've never experienced. He needs to know you're mine, Elodie."

     He delicately caresses my jaw and neck.

     I feel my face pale at his words, realizing that this foreign feeling he's experiencing is jealousy and possessiveness. That sort of emotion is typically a red flag in human men, but knowing Barre the way I do, it comes from a good place.

      According to Soleil, it's common in Rytarian males. I shouldn't be surprised.

      A surge of butterflies erupts in my stomach. He loves me, Barre really loves me.

     He suddenly lets go of my hand and neck, putting his head in his hands.

     "I know, I am despicable for having these thoughts. Of course I'm more worried about you, after what he did, but there will always be a selfish side of me. I apologize."

     Sorrow melts my heart at his stern tone. He's really beating himself up over this.

     "Don't be so hard on yourself. Sure, you sound like a kid who doesn't want anyone looking at his favorite toy, but I understand." I rub his broad back, feeling the thick muscles ripple under my fingertips and trying not to drool.

     He turns his head, peaking at me.

     "Really?" He asks.

    I nod exuberantly, smiling at him reassuringly.

     "Yeah, if any girl, sorry, female started eyeing you like a snack I'd want to rip their eyes out. I'm somewhat of a gladiator myself."

     He laughs, a deep raspy laugh that has me curling my toes.

     "As much as I enjoy your violent sentiment, I cannot imagine you hurting anyone or anything." He muses, tucking a stray piece of hair behind my ear and then cupping my face, smiling down at me.

      Yeah, I'm in trouble. I'm putty in this man's very strong hands.

     "Hey, I might be a threat level 1, but I'm creative. I could take you on any day." I tease, and a gleam of mischief appears on his face. Oh no. What did I get myself into?

     "Is that so?" He asks, tilting his head as he leans in closer.

     "Yup. All it takes is a surprise attack."

     "A what?"

    I pounce on him, trying to push him down with no success. My arms go around his shoulders, pushing and tugging as I try to get purchase. Barre chuckles, falling back on the bed, pretending my attack has an effect on him.

     I go for his hands, trying to get the upper hand, but suddenly I'm being jostled upside down until I'm completely under him. He's surprisingly gentle for his strength, but also quite firm as he grabs my wrists. He holds them in one massive hand, pinning them above my head.

      Barre's grip is like steel, completely unbreakable. His hips press into thighs, holding me in place while he leans over me.

      Not surprisingly, arousal blossoms as he presses a kiss to the side of my neck, holding my head in place with his other hand. The warmth of his body is melding with mine, overwhelming all my senses. I moan softly, unable to stop the noise from leaving my mouth.

     Barre's face comes back up, a surprised look on his face, which quickly turns into a wicked, satisfied male grin. He bends down for more, nipping at my skin.

     "Barre, I think I know the solution to this issue you have with Locanas."

     He grunts in response, continuing his heavenly assault on the column of my throat. The tip of his nose bushes right under my ear, making the hair on the back of my neck stand on end.

     "Maybe you should make me yours..fully." I taunt.

     He freezes, slowly lifting his head out of the crook of my neck.

     "Fully?" He barely manages to ask through clenched teeth.

     "Does that make you mad?" I wonder, feeling like an idiot. Did I go too far this time? "If he sees your mark he'll know for sure I'm your mate, right? I mean, if you don't want to, I completely understa.."

     I'm cut off when he pushes his lips to mine. The tip of his tongue delves into my mouth, brushing my bottom teeth. I'm a little too shocked to react. It doesn't take long before I'm moving in sync with him.

     He pushes me into the mattress below, holding himself up on his elbows and squeezing my wrists in his hand. I arch into him as I sigh into his mouth, sliding my tongue against his in a twist of lust.

     The words going through my head the whole time becomes a mantra.

     I love you. I love you. I love you.

     I never thought I'd feel like this. I never thought I'd be able to share something like this with someone. I won't take it for granted.

     Pretty soon, Barre is removing my clothes, and I tug at his. He fawns over my body, each new inch of skin revealed gets a reaction from him. He stops and kisses my flesh, looking at it with his hungry, mismatched eyes. The guy worships me with his eyes and gentle touch.

     I love every moment of it, from the second he bits down on my neck, to the next when he takes me completely. I was already his, but this is real. This is permanent. It's everything at once and it's everything to me.

Hope you enjoyed! I don't write smut, but this was as close as I could get lol

Until next time! Love y'all

Seguir leyendo

También te gustarán

Pained Por wani

Novela Juvenil

247K 5.3K 22
⚠️ Cringe Warning ⚠️ my story is literally a joke don't say i didn't warn you 💀 . . . I looked at the person who called me and my eyes immediately l...
104K 3.8K 34
Twenty five years after the attack of alien spacecraft, Earth is no longer the same. Not for humans, let alone for me, who was born from a human and...
6.5M 185K 58
"𝑰'𝒎 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒅𝒆𝒗𝒊𝒍 𝒊𝒏 𝒐𝒖𝒓 𝒔𝒕𝒐𝒓𝒚. 𝑩𝒖𝒕 𝒊𝒇 𝑰 𝒇𝒖𝒄𝒌 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒉𝒂𝒓𝒅 𝒆𝒏𝒐𝒖𝒈𝒉, 𝒘𝒊𝒍𝒍 𝒚𝒐𝒖𝒓 𝒅𝒆𝒎𝒐𝒏𝒔 𝒔𝒉𝒐𝒘, 𝒕𝒐�...
29.1K 1.7K 31
In a time when angels and demons traverse the cosmos, Khamuel's staid existence is thrown into chaos after his healer is found dead. His only chance...