Foster Family

By smilemore954

Louis had been in foster care since he was a kid. Each home had turned out the same, either miserable or abus... More

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23

9

7.4K 177 43
By smilemore954

Louis's POV:

My eyes widen a bit as I had forgotten for a moment that I had no way to cover up what had happened. I slyly try and shift my body a bit so they couldn't see my shoulder but it was no use because they had clearly already seen it.

"Nothing," I shake it off.

I could see they were furious, I didn't mean to make them so mad. Edward lets out a rage-filled chuckle.

"That bull shit right there Louis, what in the world happened to your shoulder?" He asks.

They now had started walking again and were making their way over to me again.

"Nothing really, I just scraped it on a tree this morning," I say, trying to smile to make them believe I was fine.

There was no way I could tell them that someone at school did this to me. Honestly, I have no clue how they would react but there is no chance it could be good.

And what if the kid finds out that I told them then tries to hurt them too or something, I can't let that happen.

"A tree?" Marcel asks raising an eyebrow, probably calling out my lie.

"Yeah, it was pretty sharp so it ripped my shirt and got a bit of skin as well." I try to stick to the story.

Once they get close enough to me, Edward reaches out his hand and cups the under part of my shoulder, making me flinch.

"Baby.." He says worriedly.

"It's nothing," I say and try to move it out of his hold but he just very gently stops me.

Harry steps behind me and wraps his arms around my waist to calm me and stop me from struggling away.

"Let us see love, it's okay," Marcel says as he helps Edward roll up my shredded sleeve.

I whimper a bit and lean back into Harry's hold.

Edward looks over my red and purple shoulder very closely, gently running his fingers over it a few times, which caused me to whine a bit. It hurt a load.

"Louis's this is clearly not from a tree, it's not just a little scrape. It seems like some serious damage could have been done. What happened?" Edward says, his voice gentle but I can hear he's upset.

"Nothing, no one," I say, not even noticing my slip up.

I see them all take a deep breath, trying to calm themselves.

"So it was someone who did this to you," Harry says, I feel his chest grumble against my head.

"No," Is all I say.

"No more lying Louis. Was it someone from school? Goddamn it, I knew this was going to happen." Marcel says, whispering at the end but I still heard him.

"It was no one, nothing happened."

"Lou baby, come on. It's all bruised and swollen, we just want to protect you and if someone at school is hurting you we need to make sure to take care of it, sweetheart." Marcel says, clearly pushing down his rage to be softer with me.

But that boy already has an issue with me knowing the triplets, imagine what could happen if they got involved  with the whole thing, or involved with him, there is no positive outcome for anyone.

I don't say or do anything, I just look down. I don't want to lie anymore and make them upset but I can't tell them, even if I wanted to tell them I don't even know the boy's name.

A sigh erupts from all three of them.

"Okay Louis, we can't force you. I think you have a sprain though, it wouldn't be this swollen if it was just an external issue, we need to wrap it." Edward says his voice sounding a little disappointed.

I nod a little still not looking up, I feel horrible, I didn't want to disappoint them.

Harry picks me up and I wrap my legs around him like a koala, I needed his comfort even if they are upset. His arms tuck around my waist and he rubs my back a bit simultaneously as I lean my head on his shoulder, letting him carry me up to the bathroom.

We walk into their bathroom as opposed to mine and Harry sets me down on the sink counter but stays stopped in-between my legs for a moment. He gently kisses my lips before pulling away and stepping away and letting Edward step over.

"Marcel, will you pass me the medical wrap and tape? It's on the lower shelf on your right." Edward asks his brother as he moves to stand in-between my legs as Harry had been doing before.

Marcel nodded and grabbed the things for Ed.

It was awkwardly silent in the room, I couldn't tell whether they were upset with me or confused or curious about what happened but they usually were never like this, I feel bad.

"I'm sorry," I say, slight tears welling in my eyes out of pure guilt.

They all look at me, their faces softening.

Edward leans in and kisses the tear that had fallen down my cheek.

"It's okay baby, we know you are just overwhelmed and scared to tell us about whatever happened yet," Marcel says, standing next to Edward while Harry moves to his other side.

"B-but I made you guys mad," I say, a few of the tears still falling.

"Shh, shhh, shhh we aren't mad sweetheart. We are just worried, we could never be mad at you." Edward soothes, wiping the tears off with the pads of his thumb.

I feel like I have done nothing but cry with these boys since I got here.

"I j-just," I start but don't even know what to say.

"Calm down, we're here baby, you're okay. Take a deep breath for us yeah? Can you do that for us?" Edward asks, rubbing my thigh soothingly.

I follow his instruction and take a deep yet shaky breath in before a few moments letting it out.

"There you go, good boy." Marcel praises, causing butterflies,

I leaned into Edward, resting my head on his shoulder, letting myself relax.

-

Marcel's POV:

Eventually, Louis seems to fall asleep in Edward's hold, making all of us let out a sigh.

We were livid, someone hurt him.

This is exactly what we were afraid of, and now even worse he is too scared to tell us who has done this to him.

"He has a bruise on his other arm, I noticed when I was carrying him up here," Harry says,
bringing it up now that Lou can't hear and stress more.

"What the fuck, someone is repetitively doing this. What the hell happened to the principal looking out for him? God, he has been enrolled for 48 hours and already has been hurt." I say, trying my best not to yell at the chance of waking him up.

"We are reporting it tomorrow, this will not be happening again." Edward states and I nod.

"I agree with you but aren't you a little worried that he is going to be upset with us going behind his back like that, I mean he clearly doesn't want us to know." Harry voices his concern.

We just have gotten Louis to maybe have the slightest bit of interest in us and he's right we don't want to mess with that but his safety will always be first priority, even if it makes him upset with us.

"We are just going to have to cross that bridge when we come to it, hopefully, he will understand that we are only doing this to keep him safe," I say to him.

They both nod in agreement.

"He feels so small like this," Edward says with the boy still in his arms.

"He is so small," Harry corrects, a small smile painting his face as he looks down at the sleeping Louis.

"Will you keep him upright while I wrap his arm?" Edward asks me.

Edward was studying med in Uni, we were still only second years so he didn't know everything, but he had the bases down. Clearly, Louis would have no interest in going to a real doctor, and Ed says his injury isn't too bad, so his care should do for the moment.

But if his shoulder gets any worse we won't hesitate to bring him in.

"Yeah of course," I say.

Edward passes Louis into my arms with ease, we decide to keep him sitting on the sink just as Ed wraps him.

"Let's get his shirt off actually, the wrap needs to go up higher than I thought," Edward instructs.

I don't know if Lou would fully feel comfortable with him taking his shirt off while he's asleep but we promise ourselves not to look more than necessary and once again, his safety comes first.

I keep him up and maneuver his body as Harry very gently pulls the shirt off of the boy's small torso. We are extremely careful as to not jostle him around too much, he needs his rest but it would be a miracle if he sleeps through this.

Once harry gets his shirt off, he discards it to the floor of the bathroom.

I try not to let my mind wander with his skin pressed against my body but just feeling his skin on mine like this got me a bit.. excited.

However, my mind was ripped to other places when I accidentally spare his frame a glance and see it covered in scars, marks, and bruises.

"Oh my god," All three of us say, seeing the same thing.

They looked to be old, well some looked older than others but none looked less than a few weeks old.

They can't be from whoever is abusing him at school, they must be from his past homes because no kid could do this much damage in this little of time.

"I knew his past homes were bad, I mean look at the marks on his face. But I didn't know they were this bad." Harry says, over annunciation on the word this.

I couldn't even guess how all these marks were all made, some look like they could be just from being hit and beat in the same areas so much but some look like nasty cuts that I couldn't even begin to stomach the thought of where they came from.

"Jesus fucking christ, our poor baby," I say, in shock and disgust.

How in any would could someone do something like this to a person, none of us can even fathom it.

"I want to kill every person who laid a hand on him," Edward says, clearly fuming.

We all trail our hands over some of the marks out of instinct, not even thinking about anything else besides him getting better.

"Me too," Harry and I said in sync.

"Some of these need to be cleaned, they look like they are on the verge of infection but a lot of them are scars and there isn't much that can be done about those," Edward says, his eyes never leaving our boy.

"Infection? You think that we should take him to the doctor?" I ask, knowing that this is going to go deeper than just what Lou may want or not want to do with getting help.

"No, at least I don't think. A lot of these seem like they could be from years ago so it looks a little scarier than what the current risk actually is. Just a few of the fresher marks could become infected if not treated properly but I won't let that happen." Edward says certainly.

I know that Edward would be more than ready to take Louis to the doctor if he thought it was necessary, but my worry still hasn't really lessened.

Edward then spent the next hour cleaning out every single one of Louis's open marks before tightly wrapping up his shoulder with the medical bandage, and surprisingly, Louis stays fast asleep in my arms the entire time.

Once Ed is fully done, I lift Lou off of the sink and we carry him into his room and lay him down on the bed.

We did want to stay and cuddle with him but we are determined to take care of the bigger problem on hand and that was figuring out who hurt our boy.

After making sure he is comfortable we headed out of his room and down to the living room, before all sitting down around the coffee table.

"Who do you think did that to his shoulder and arm?" I say what we all had in mind.

"I'm not sure but whoever it is we are going to kick their fucking ass."

-

Louis's POV:

I rub my eyes gently as I wake myself up after what feels like a century-long nap but the clock on my side table says it's only been a few hours.

I try to sit up but wince at the throbbing pain in my shoulder. I reach over to feel the sore muscle and furrow my eyebrows when I feel the tight medical bandage wrapped around my skin, they must have wrapped it once I fell asleep.

I don't fail to notice the fact I am lacking my shirt, I shoot out of bed and search around my room for it. I don't care if there is a rip in it, it's still a shirt from my mom and I am not planning on giving it up anytime soon.

My mind is still spacey from just having been in such a deep sleep so It takes me a moment to think of other places my shirt could possibly have gone but eventually I find myself making my way to the bathroom I was in a few hours ago.

And sure enough, it was there on the ground as if it was just a rag, making a slight pang in my chest. I rush to grab it before softly brushing it off making sure to not do any more damage. I put it back over my head with a bit of a struggle with my shoulder.

I find my mind wondering about where the boys are. I'm sure it's not good for me to already be so attached to the three but with every passing second, I find myself adoring them more and more. I liked the ways they made me feel, I'm sure it won't be long before they find that they can do much much better than some loser fag but for now that's just a thought.

They are just so perfect, I still don't understand why they want to be with me.

In the distance, I hear the sound of the triplets arguing about something. They are too far for me to be able to make out exactly what they are saying but I can tell they are yelling about something, making me cringe.

I leave the bathroom before following the voices down the hall and stairs, the voices becoming more clear with each step.

I peak my head over the wall a bit so I was able to see them and they were too focused on whatever they were yelling about to notice me.

All three of them were standing and were throwing their arms up in frustration as they fought.

"We are not calling the principal yet! I don't care what we said. That piece of shit isn't going to do anything, he was a dick when we went there and I'm sure he's still a dick now." I hear Edward's voice yelling out.

My eyes widen a bit at his tone and language, why is he so upset? I'm sure I must have messed up something.

"Edward, so what if he was a dick, he could help us figure out who is doing this to Louis. Don't you care a little bit more about Louis's well-being than you do getting over some grudge we have with a teacher from years ago?" Harry yells mockingly.

Oh lord, it is my fault they are fighting. We have been in a relationship for only a day and I am already causing issues.

"Don't ever doubt my care for him. You know that I would die for that boy. That's not why I don't want to go, I don't need Louis thinking that we are going behind his back and betraying his wants. If that fucker knew anything about what is going on he would have already found out about it. We ourselves are going to figure this out then go to the police." Edward yells back, seeming pissed beyond compare.

I know that this is not something I should be listening to but I am too scared to interrupt the large yelling men.

Harry opens his mouth to retaliate but Marcel cuts him off.

"Both of you shut the fuck up for once. God, we all want the same thing and that is to keep our boy safe, and fighting about it is just going to cause tension between us and make him uncomfortable and that is not how we are going to keep him. And so help me god if you two make us ruin the only good relationship we have ever had I will never talk to you again." He yells louder than either of his brothers had previously.

This silenced them both fully.

"You're right." Harry sighs and Edward nods.

"I'm sorry, I just am stressing about him getting hurt and not wanting to talk to us," Edward says as he plops back onto the couch and puts his head in his hands.

"I know you are, I'm sorry too. We all are just worried about him, we are used to being overly dominant, and that's clearly not who we want to be with him. We care about him far too much for that so we are just struggling to figure out how to figure this out without him telling us." Harry says, sitting down next to his brother.

All three of them nod a bit.

"There has to be a reason that he doesn't want to tell us who is doing this, he is scared of something, well or someone," Marcel says, sighing at the end.

"I don't want him to think that we can't take care of him," Harry says, leaning back.

I subconsciously whimper a bit, feeling bad that I am upsetting them but with my sound, they all look my way.

"Oh baby, you're up," Harry says, standing up and walking over to me before putting a hand on my lower back and leading me over to the couch.

Harry sits down and I attempt to sit down by his side but before I am able to he lifts my body and places me down on his lap and wraps his arms around my waist, making me blush deeply.

"I'm s-sorry if I am causing issues," I say, looking down at my now fidgeting fingers.

"What? Causing issues, you mean these to bozos fighting? They do that all the time sweetheart, it's not your fault." Marcel says, playing it off.

I'm going to assume he doesn't know that I just practically heard every word of their fight.

"None of this is your fault darling. You make us so so happy, you have been amazing already and you should not have to see us fighting. That is not how we ever want our relationship to be, we are never going to fight in front of you we promise. We are here to take care of you, not worry you." Edward says after kissing my forehead as a sweet gentle greeting.

I nod, not knowing exactly what to tell them.

"You guys have been great already too," I say, wanting them to know that I am not taking anything that they are doing for granted.

"Oh yeah? Great?" Harry asks with a big smirk on his face that I see when I turn around slightly.

I blush even more and nod.

"Glad to hear that baby." Marcel says before lifting me out of Harry's lap and placing me on his own, making my eyes widen and Harry let out a little 'Hey!" in loss of me.

Marcel flips me in his lap so my thighs were straddling his sitting form.

He cups my face and leans me into him.

"May I?" He asks permission, giving me butterflies.

I nod shyly, fully ready for his soft lips to be on mine.

--

Thank you for reading!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

319K 14.2K 44
Caliginous was the word to describe the Styles' twins. They were misty and dark just like the words definition. Harry, who keeps seeing his dead bro...
15.4K 577 60
"Harry, the whole world is in front of you." The younger boy nodded, then let his forehead lean to Louis'. "Yeah, you're right," he whispered. "It is...
273K 9.2K 34
Louis is the new student, who just moved into a new town with his family. He is soon met with the famous Styles Triples, those who affect his life in...
177K 6.1K 47
"Come here Mr Tomlinson" the eldest triplet smirks as he beckons Louis into the classroom. Louis walks over so he's standing in front of Edwards des...