๐“๐‡๐„ ๐Š๐๐ˆ๐†๐‡๐“ | ๐“๐‚๐….

By YUKINEXX_

'๐—•๐—ฒ ๐— ๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ฒ, ๐—”๐—ป๐—ฑ ๐—ฆ๐˜๐—ฎ๐˜† ๐—ช๐—ถ๐˜๐—ต ๐— ๐—ฒ' ๋‚ด ๊ฒƒ์ด ๋˜๊ณ  ๋‚˜์™€ ํ•จ๊ป˜ ์žˆ์–ด์ค˜ โžค ๐–จ๐—‡ ๐—๐—๐—‚๐–ผ๐— ๐–บ ๐—๐—ˆ๐—†๐–บ๏ฟฝ... More

๐€๐”๐“๐‡๐Ž๐‘'๐’ ๐๐Ž๐“๐„
๐‚๐‡๐€๐๐“๐„๐‘ ๐Ž๐๐„: ๐’๐”๐ƒ๐ƒ๐„๐ ๐‚๐‡๐€๐๐†๐„๐’ ๐Ž๐… ๐‚๐€๐‹๐„
๐‚๐‡๐€๐๐“๐„๐‘ ๐“๐–๐Ž: ๐Œ๐ˆ๐๐ƒ ๐€๐๐ƒ ๐‡๐„๐€๐‘๐“
๐‚๐‡๐€๐๐“๐„๐‘ ๐…๐Ž๐”๐‘: ๐Œ๐€๐ ๐„๐€๐“๐ˆ๐๐† ๐“๐‘๐„๐„
๐‚๐‡๐€๐๐“๐„๐‘ ๐…๐ˆ๐•๐„: ๐’๐๐‘๐€๐ˆ๐๐„๐ƒ ๐€๐๐Š๐‹๐„

๐‚๐‡๐€๐๐“๐„๐‘ ๐“๐‡๐‘๐„๐„: ๐’๐“๐‘๐€๐๐†๐„ ๐€๐๐ƒ ๐”๐๐๐‘๐„๐ƒ๐ˆ๐‚๐“๐€๐๐‹๐„

3.4K 361 165
By YUKINEXX_

“When Choi Han claimed she's a bullheaded and strong-willed person, he wasn't kidding”

༻❁༺

    CALE'S first priority is to get his hands on the indestructible shield. In order for him to survive the continent's forthcoming conflict, which will ruin the area in the future. Cale needs to be reasonably powerful in order to live a long and trouble-free existence.

He does not, however, intend to become significantly stronger than the main character. Cale is concerned that if he gains too much power, he would be confronted with more difficult and dangerous situations, which he wants to avoid.

Among them are ancient powers. Cale requires a formless shield resembling a mage's mana field.

    The indestructible Shield

He'll need to buy a ton of sacks of bread to get this formless shield. Cale, on the other hand, is reconsidering attempting to gain the indestructible shield while you are here.

When you are watchful and observant, it is difficult to get past you.

Always following him wherever he goes. He knows he has the right authority to send you away at any time of day or night, but it's not a good idea while he's trying not to be suspicious around you.

Cale knows you're already wary of him, and he doesn't want you to become much more, so. Right now, getting caught isn't on his to-do list.

Cale glances at your form before looking ahead as he walks towards the bakery.

'It wouldn't hurt if she knows what my goal is' he says to himself.

'I'll tell her not to tell anyone what I'm going to do' he reasoned, now this may sound stupid. But it isn't the case.

    '(Name) isn't the type of character that goes around snitching; she's a trustworthy person. If I play my cards right, she might stick by my side and remain faithful' He crossed his arms on his chest, thinking, 'I don't want her leaving me for Choi han, and (Name) would be a useful ally'

Cale understands that attempting to persuade you to stay by his side and remain loyal would drastically alter the novel's plot. He, on the other hand, couldn't care less. After all, you are one of the paths that could lead him to the life of a slacker.

He ultimately comes to an agreement with himself.

    'I need her'

༻❁༺

Now that Cale decided on his next course of action. Is to purchase the items required for his plan and travel to the Western city, which houses the ancient power.

    "Y-Young master! Welcome!" exclaimed the baker with a trembling voice.

Cale merely nodded at the baker, who stooped so low that his head was practically touching the concrete ground. Meanwhile, you're sweating at the man. Cale's face was expressionless, and he crossed his arms.

    "Give me some bread,"

    "Excuse me?"

Cale sighed and forcefully replied, pointing his index finger at the entire bread display across the oak table.

"From here, to here," your brow furrows in bewilderment.  perplexed as to why he needs to buy so much bread; is there some sort of significant event that you're unaware of?

Cale took a golden coin and tossed it casually on the counter. The coin began to spin before landing in the middle.

    Cale said, "Pack it all up."

At first, the baker didn't respond; he appeared to be stuck in place. Gazing at the golden coin, his irises moved at Cale, it was too much money to pay for the bread. Cale kept a tough expression on the Baker's quivering eyes.

Cale's words successfully snapped the Baker out of his daydreaming. "I can go somewhere else if you don't want to."

"That's not the case, young master," the man exclaims, "I'll pack it up as quickly as possible!" The baker frantically scrambled away to acquire a sack or bag for the bread. You looked at the young master after the baker had left and questioned him.

"If you don't mind me asking, young master, what's for the bread? Is there any occasion I wasn't notified of?" you inquire. Cale replied with a shake of his head.

"No, you'll see it later," nodding your head in understanding manner. You remained silent until the baker arrived with the sack in his hand and began quickly tossing the bread into the bag.

Stretching your arms out to carry the sack of bread for Cale, you were too late; another pair of arms grabbed the bag as Cale grasped the bag. He swung it over his shoulder and grumbled gently.

"Young master, let me carry that for you," you stated monotonously, peering over him blankly. Cale grunted again as he adjusts his shoulder's back before looking at you.

    "I'm fine, I can carry it myself," he muttered dismissively, flapping his hand.

"But, young master, you're weak, you have frail arms and the strength of a fly," you frankly said. You weren't even stammering or pausing.

Cale frowns gently, his brows twitch briefly; your words aren't music to his ears, and they have seriously harmed his ego. 

He felt a little self-conscious about the fact that a female has more physical strength than he does.

"There's no need to be blunt about it," Cale grumbled, clicking his tongue.

Cale ran his hand through his silky-looking red hair, briefly tousling it, and sighed, "A short exercise wouldn't hurt now, would it? let me carry it. I'll let you know if I'm exhausted." Rolling your eyes, you bopped your head dejectedly and granted his wish.

After with all the talking, Both you and Cale leisurely stroll down the streets

Cale took notice that anyone who made eye contact with would immediately scuttle away with their tails between their legs, the majority of the people ran away before they could even make eye contact with the young master. Which isn't really surprising

With your eyes fixed on the road ahead, a little pang ran through your head, and your eyesight began to blur. Thank goodness you didn't fall entirely when you tripped over your foot. You don't want to make a fool of yourself now, do you?

A frown faded into your brows as you brought your two gloved fingers over your brow and began massaging it. As your vision became more blurry, a frown faded into your brows.

You closed your eyes briefly, letting out a small sigh, and tried to ignore the pain in your entire body as well as the aching in your mind.

Your breath begins to tremble. Inside your rib cage, your heart is racing. because you've been so focused on attempting to relieve the agony you're suffering throughout your entire body. You didn't notice someone has been repeatedly saying your name

Cale has been calling your name repeatedly, with one last call of your name, Finally, he got your attention.

    "(Name)"  You opened your eyes and turned to Cale, blinking several times. You came to a halt beside him as he stopped walking.

"You've been spacing out lately (Name), is there something bothering you?" One of his neat eyebrows rose from its position. You instantly shake your head and began denying.

"Ah, I apologize young master. I'm only slightly fatigued," you said calmly. By looking at his brownish irises, you can tell he isn't buying any of your nonsense. A light frown slowly adorned his face, and he pursed his lips into a thin line.

"Then why don't you go back and rest for a few days, or maybe take a week off; certainly you're tired of watching me for the entire time without a break," he suggested swiftly. Only got instantly rejected. Cale huffs annoyingly as a result of being rejected.

"There is no need young master. I must make sure you arrive home safely. It my job after all. You don't need to be concerned about my health being" You stated

     'Talk about stubborn' Cale mentally sighed

"No, no. I order you—" You interrupted him off in the middle of his sentence, looking admittedly mulish at the male in front of you.

"Sorry to interrupt you, young master," you muttered sternly, "I insist there is nothing to worry about, I'm completely fine and perfectly alright," Cale moaned tiredly. Knowing you're not going to back down until you've won the argument.

    'When Choi Han claimed she's a bullheaded and strong-willed person, he wasn't kidding.'

"Well, aren't you a stubborn one?" he asked, an irritated sigh leaving his pale lips. "Well, if you're so insistent on guarding me, do whatever you want, I won't force you," he added, a triumphant smile creeping across your lips. It was quickly washed away when he added something else.

"But!" he exclaims, pausing briefly as he moves a few steps in your way, gingerly intertwining his hands with yours. Your eyes widened in response to his moves, a mixture of bewilderment and confusion glinting on your pair of eyes

"We have to hold hands," he remarked sternly, lifting the joined hand as he gestured his eyes to it before returning his gaze to your stunned face

"I'm taking precautions here so that if you lose consciousness, I'll be able to catch you just in time before you hit the floor," he added, his composure unaffected.

You blinked for a second, your shocked expression lingering on your face. You're parting your lips to respond. But now your words have vanished from your tongue as if your voice has been taken from you.

After a few seconds of attempting to communicate. In the end, you'll give up. Cale hummed softly, shyly nodding your head, you both continued walking with his hands tightly clasped to yours

    Silence indulge the both of you, no one dare breaking the unbearable silence, glancing at the attached hands. you pressed your lips into a thin line

Even if gloves were between your flesh and his, you could feel the warmth coming from his hand. Not noticing the faint of blush appearing and coating your skin. As the two of you headed west.

Unknowingly to you, slowly, your gaze shifted from his features. Examining his appearance in silence

Cale's pale skin glows in the sunshine as the sunlight falls down squarely on him. the cold breeze blew in his direction, forcing his red locks to swing elegantly. You can't deny that he is a lovely man despite having such trash of a personality

    Cale is becoming increasingly strange and unpredictably unpredictable. You aren't blind not to notice it

Attempting to understand him is practically and nearly impossible.

Cale, on the other hand, is questioning himself, his life, and his choices. He was honestly baffled as to what had compelled him to act in that manner.

Normally he is unconcerned with the well-being of others. Maybe he didn't want you to get wounded because you're a useful, valuable ally and all.

Perhaps there's another explanation for it. Maybe it's because you reminded him of—  If he interacts with you any further, for God's sake, he'll go insane.

༻❁༺

Author's Note

I am quite satisfied with this chapter
Not gonna lie. But it doesn't mean I don't hate it lol

Unedited

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.9K 141 13
Maybe fate still gave him hope, another chance for redemption. "Master Cale, shall I throw them in the chambers?" "Go ahead. Make sure to prepare a f...
2.5K 129 13
Leticia Candmione Henituse never expected in her life that she would go back in time when her parents didn't knew each other, she didn't get along wi...
9.3K 409 20
ยฐ ๐’๐“๐€๐‘๐“๐„๐ƒ : 1/ 24/24 ยฐโ€ข ๐„๐๐ƒ๐„๐ƒ : 5/2/24 โ•ฐโžค ยฐ๐๐€๐†๐ˆ ๐’๐„๐ˆ๐’๐‡๐ˆ๐‘๐Ž ๐—โ˜… ...