A Splash of Paint and a Wave...

By Bleepiebloop

⟨ status: complete ⟩ "They say artists are nothing but sad people, unaccepted by society of who they are. Mas... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Heaven's Interlude
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Glistening Moonlight
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Epilogue

Chapter 21

5.1K 230 237
By Bleepiebloop

Beautiful morning ray of the sun kissed her skin, awoken was she by the annoying shifting and shuffling she felt nuzzling on the crook of her neck. Her hands slowly moved to touch whoever was sharing her bed, only to feel familiar curly locks that she oh-so love to run her hands through. Camilo.

She had almost forgotten that they both passed out in her room, they spent the rest of midnight just talking about random things 'till they just fell asleep. Though, did Camilo carry her to bed? No, that's not quite probable, Camilo fell asleep first before her. It's far too early to think so hard in the morning. (It was her Papí, they where heavy he would like to add. Especially Camilo, he was shocked at how heavy a thin-looking boy like him weigh in his arms.)

She wanted to stand up and get ready for the day, however, Camilo's grip on her was like an anchor in the bottom of the ocean. Heavy and strong. But she'll feel so bad just waking him up from his peaceful slumber, it's probably the first time he's been able to sleep in.

With a soft sigh, she let herself melt into his warm embrace, a comforting blanket of warmth and security lulled her back into dreamland. Like a siren's song in the seven seas, it was alluring, and she, the unsuspecting sailor, the ever so curious being, followed the heavenly sound to the depths of the sea. I guess it doesn't hurt to stay like this a little longer...

Camilo, who woke up much later, felt as if he was in heaven —waking up next to the girl of his dreams. Just, wow. It feels so surreal.

Never in his wildest dreams that he'll wake up to the sight of her. To be next to her. He shifted slowly, as to not wake the girl up. He wanted to get a better view of her face, he cherished every impurity she had, every imperfection, he found it so cute, so perfect. God, he doesn't deserve her.

Hands leaving feathered touches on her skin, brushing her hair every so often. Is this okay? I'm not crossing boundaries, am I? Thumb gently rubbing little circles on her cheek, eyes lovingly staring at her sleeping figure, he couldn't help but leave a small kiss on her forehead, care, and sincerity, an act of adoration.

He visibly stiffened when the girl stirred in her sleep, he fears that he might get caught. He definitely does not want to see that angry look on her face again from last time.

"Please stop staring at me, it's weird." The girl spoke, her eyes still half-lidded as she met Camilo's emerald ones. Since when was she awake? And how come he didn't notice until now? (Camilo you're too busy daydreaming and making love hearts with your eyes at her to notice.)

"L, lo siento, amor... I'll, I'll stand up now..."

It's too inappropriate for a boy to be laying on a bed next with a girl anyways.

Just the simple realization of that made Camilo's face turn embarrassingly red.

"Oho, ho, ho~ it seems that the two lovebirds have finally woken up!" The girl's mother called, a teasing tone laced upon her sugary voice.

"Did you wrestle like all the adult couples do?"

"No we didn't ‘wrestle’ Niko, we just talked. And besides, we're not even adults." She groaned, slowly getting up from her bed and rubbing the sleep away from her face.

"Pshh, boooring!"

Camilo choked on his spit when he heard that spill from Niko's mouth, he'd rather not want to know where and how did the child came to the conclusion that every adult couple would "wrestle".

"Niko! We'll be talking about that later —don't you think about sneaking out to play with your Papí after this." The mother scolded, ushering away her child in a hurry before glaring at her husband who was shrinking away at the sight of his wife's piercing glare. "You're not safe either."

"Come! We just finished eating breakfast, you two should eat as well!" Her mother beamed, her smile still ever so bright as she rushed back to the dinner table, presumably to prepare their plates when they arrived.

"Your family is... Something alright."

"Mmhm, never a dull moment in this house with them around."

Camilo could feel the somewhat scalding gaze the girl's father shot at him, slowly and discreetly, he turned his head to face the man, despite knowing how practically harmless her father is, he can't help but feel very intimidated at how the man unknowingly projects himself.

"You..."

"Me...?"

"You... Look like a seahorse."

A seahorse??

"Uh... G, gracias Señor..?" Camilo stammered, giving the father a big confused smile. Quite unsure if that was meant to be a complement or an insult.

"Good job Papí, you did it." The girl said, softly patting her father's back. "You've successfully complemented someone." Her father's huffed in triumph at the praise his daughter gave him, a new milestone has been reached.

"Hay~ Camilo, isn't he so romantic?" The mother cooed, fawning at her own husband like a teenager, you could almost see the hearts forming in her eyes as she spoke. "Ay, no —I'm supposed to be mad at him!" She grumbled immediately after, setting up the table with a pout.

Romantic???

"Seahorses are so cool! Right, hermana? They're like birds in the water! It's also so cool and weird that the dad poops out the babies."

"You have to admit, seahorses are pretty cute. They look like tiny dragons swimming in the sea."

Okay what's with this family and their fascination with seahorses?

"I guess, seeing as I got called one."

"Now that I think about it, you do kinda look like one."

"Is that a complement or an insult?" Camilo deadpanned, he did not miss the mischievous glint in her eyes when she spoke.

...

"Oi!"

A beautiful rainbow overhead formed on top of the Casita, vibrant and beautiful for everyone in Encanto to see. Pepa elated at the events last midnight, Camilo's —and technically also the girl's confession was a success! Albeit a few, maybe a lot of tears were shed but it turned alright in the end.

Camilo should prepare himself for some good ol' sermons and probably a tiny butt whooping from his dear old Mamá and Papá for making the girl cry. How did they know? Obviously from Dolores, who has religiously listening to the whole thing.

To say that Dolores was frustrated at how Camilo did not believe the girl when she first said that she liked him back would be an understatement, she was very infuriated to the point she was almost pulling her hair out in public.

"Is Hermano's girlfriend going to be part of the family now, Mamá?"

"Hopefully soon, Toñito. Hopefully soon."

• ACT II FINISHED •

—EXTRAS—

This unfortunately did not make into the final cut of the chapter but still quite canon in the fanfic! Enjoy!!~

She stared at the young man in front of her, the two had been in a staring contest for quite a while in front of the Casita. The man looks oddly familiar, yet she just couldn't put a finger on it.

"... Hi?" The man finally spoke as he found the girl's staring a bit intimidating and uncomfortable. He surely hoped that he didn't do anything wrong to the girl before.

"Holá."

"So uh... Are you waiting for Camilo?"

The girl's eyes widened as she let out a small gasp, her body stiffened at the man's words. How did he know? Is he psychic? Is he a secret Madrigal love child that she didn't know about?

"Dolores... Told me, if you're wondering." 

Of course, Dolores, makes sense. Her body relaxed as she nodded, quite satisfied with his answer —wait.

Dolores told him? That means he's —Dolores and him are —He's Dolores' boyfriend! Oh god, and she totally forgot his name. Was it Mario? Or was it Manuel? Or, or maybe—

"Chica? Are you okay?" The man asked, getting quite worried at the girl who was muttering incoherent words in such a fast pace that it's sounded like she's muttering satanic curses at him, all while having such a blank expression. Does she dislike being near him that much?

"Mariano, hijo! Oh, hija! You're here as well! You're up quite early, Camilo is still sleeping in his room, you can go wake him up if you wish!" Pepa beamed, kissing both of their cheeks as a greeting and ushering them inside.

Mariano! It was Mariano! She was close, so close. Sorry Dolores, she forgot your boyfriend's name...

She stood in front of the door of Camilo's room, she felt like she was intruding if she just barged in without knocking, but then again if she knocked, she might disturb his peaceful sleep instead!

"Ay,  (Y/N). Just go inside, hija. He would definitely would not mind if you came in." She jumped at the sound of Félix's voice, how did he even get there without her knowing? We'll never know. Félix cackled at the startled look the girl showed when he suddenly spoke, she looked like a stray kitten waiting for her favorite human to open the door and give her some food. It was kinda sad in Félix's opinion.

Heeding his advice, she  came inside without knocking. She felt so disrespectful, and especially intrusive upon stepping forth inside his room.

"Camilo?" She softly called, his room looked the same as ever, the same ungodly amount of mirrors, the same backstage looking bedroom. The only difference is that some the paintings she made of him are now hung on the wall, talk about self-love. Dang.

She's feeling so weird these past few days, probably because of Camilo's confession and her sudden declaration of love in her room that faithful night made her feel... Different, a good kind of different.

She stared at Camilo's sleeping form, her hand itches to stroke Camilo's unruly head of curls. She doesn't want to wake him, he looks so cute all snoozing peacefully in dreamland.

She slowly sat on the edge of his bed, pulling out her trusty sketchbook and began to draw him, drawing a person sleeping isn't weird, right? He wouldn't mind, right? Thoughts circled in her mind as she continued to draw him, the sun perfectly illuminated his sun-kissed face; her beautiful sky.

"Camilo, mi Cielo, wake up." Her voice unknowingly dripped with sweet honey as she spoke, her hand slowly running through brown curls to slowly lull him awake; she basked in the peacefulness of morning sunshine.

"Amor..." he stirred, half-awake, unconsciously leaning into her warm, inviting touch. What a way to start a morning.

"Wake up, Camilo."

Camilo pouted still not fully awake, his hand reached hers and squeezed it tightly. Fearing that if he let go, he'll wake up longing for her touch once more. "I don't wanna... Because if I do, you'll disappear again..."

"I can assure you, I won't."

"You won't?"

"I won't."

She linked her pinky with his, her other hand brushes away stray curls that covered his freckled face as she stared lovingly at his emerald orbs, half-lidded, still groggy.

"Pinky promise."

"Man, I don't wanna wake up from this dream..."

"Camilo, this isn't a dream." She deadpanned, the urge to slap Camilo awake had now emerged from inside of her.

"Yeah, no. Why else would you be in front of me when I quote on quote, woke up."

The urge to slap Camilo hard is real.

"I'm pregnant, Camilo. And I think it's Mirabel's."

"WHAT!?" Camilo abruptly stood up from his bed, forehead almost crashing with hers. His eyes wide and shocked at what he heard, a horrible dream, a terrible dream.

You can almost hear Dolores laughing in the distance.

Works everytime.

"T'was a joke, ehe."

Camilo flopped himself back unto the bed and covered his face with a pillow, "Not. Funny!" He exclaimed, voice muffled from the pillow.

"Hey, at least I got you to fully wake up."

"I would've preferred if you, I dunno... Woke me up normally?"

She turned to look at him, you could almost see the ominous aura radiating from the girl the longer he stared at her. It's almost telling him that she, in fact, had tried waking up him up normally.

"Okay yeah, I'll shut up now."  He finally stood up from is bed, fixing himself in front of one of his mirrors. He could see the girl, arms crossed as she still sat on his bed —presumably pouting at him. Cute.

"No good morning kiss?" He teased, his usual smirk adorning his face once again.

"Ew, no. You have morning breath."

"Wow, you wound me, mi vida."

The two finally stepped out from the room, and went downstairs. Soft sounds of footsteps filled the air as they went down and were greeted by Mirabel —to which Camilo shot her a dirty glare, you are not stealing her away from me.

Mirabel doesn't know how her friend woke her cousin up, but she sure as hell knew that it wasn't a very good one. Whatever she did made Camilo be all cranky on Mirabel.

"Y'know what, I'll just leave you two lovebirds alone."

"Good— ow! What?"

"Be nice."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

17.6K 633 22
Imagine, One member of the Madrigal family adopted you. What can your life be like in Casita. Do they'll accept you to be part of their family or the...
125K 2.9K 20
Camilo x Fem!Reader "You know...you don't always have to pretend to be someone you're not. There's nothing wrong with being who you really are." "Wh...
4.6M 193K 101
Camilo Madrigal. His nerve. His self-obsessed smirk. You wanted nothing to do with him after what he did. But maybe there's something beneath that sm...
17.1K 592 21
"𝑇ℎ𝑒 𝑚𝑜𝑜𝑛 𝑎𝑙𝑤𝑎𝑦𝑠 𝑙𝑜𝑜𝑘𝑠 𝑏𝑒𝑎𝑢𝑡𝑖𝑓𝑢𝑙 𝑤ℎ𝑒𝑛 𝐼𝑚 𝑤𝑖𝑡ℎ 𝑦𝑜𝑢, 𝑚𝑖 𝑎𝑚𝑜𝑟. 𝑊ℎ𝑦 𝑐𝑎𝑛'𝑡 𝑦𝑜𝑢 𝑠𝑒𝑒 𝑡ℎ𝑎𝑡...?" ☆.。...