Camilo Oneshots: Encanto (x R...

由 Dr_Fluff

Some Camilo oneshots for you! Seems like everyone is simping over him, huh? You may may request at this time... 更多

Rules and Requests
Dancing in the Moonlight
Pay Attention to Me
Mi Hermosa
Monthly Free-Trial of Hell
Camping Snack
Verdadera Voz
Perfect the Way You Are
Feliz Día de San Valentín

Found

226 1 0
由 Dr_Fluff

        Prompt: "Take me instead, okay? Just, give her back, and take me instead."

Requested by: Yourmom4 (on Quotev)

Background: A couple of explorers from a wealthy country somehow found Encanto, and upon learning of the place's magic family, they selfishly desire to use the Miracle for their own needs.

Warnings: Angst (This oneshot in general ran from me, fr)

____________________

Leaning against the wall, you sigh, rubbing your forehead lightly as you wait for Camilo to return. Since explorers and such have been searching for the Madrigals, they've been hiding in a secret bunker under Casita. The moment outsiders realised the family had gifts, they never left, sending people out to search for them. Of course, this includes you since you're his girlfriend.

Upon hearing footsteps, you perk up, eyes searching the small corridor for the culprit. After a moment, the person comes into view, soon switching back into his normal self, causing a smile to grace your face.

"I got everything on the list."

You take a few of the bags he's carrying and walk along side him as you head to the main room where everyone really stays. "That's good." Suddenly, you frown, thinking of your mamá. Although you're afraid to ask, you can't help but let your curiosity get the better of you. "...Did you find the medicine?"

Camilo seems to hesitate, staying silent. That answers your question. You can't help but let a sigh slip past your lips. "Bonita, I'm sorry, I-"

"No, no. It's fine. I know you tried. It's an extremely rare medicine, I knew I shouldn't have hoped," you cut him off, offering a small, sad smile. The thought of not being able to find anything for her worries you and with each passing trip, you can't help but allow that doubt to grow more and more.

You don't notice that Camilo stopped walking until you feel him gently grab your wrist. He sets down the bags he's holding, tilting your chin up so you would look at him. Seeing your scared and fearful expression breaks his heart and even though he knows it isn't his fault, he still feels as if he could've tried harder to find it. To help your mother. To make you happy again, smile even.

"Mi amor..," he murmurs slowly wrapping his arms around you and resting his chin on top of your head. "It's okay. We'll find it. Don't worry."

His words affect you more than you would like, as you feel your eyes burn from holding back the tears. Continuing to force them back, you take in a deep, shaky breath, returning the embrace before giving him a smile and resuming your walk together. "I'm fine. I just... am worried, is all."

Though you don't glance at him, you don't have to in order to know he doesn't believe that. Regardless, he just nods, not wanting to upset you if you don't want to talk about it.

Soon enough, you both reach the main room, setting the bags of necessities on the table.

Pepa immediately springs up, engulfing Camilo in a tight hug. "Camilo, you're okay!"

You laugh as you watch the scene unfold, hearing Camilo grumble something about being fine into her arm. As he did, the thundering cloud that was hovering over Pepa's head finally dispersed, though the small peace never lasts long. Not with the situation that's going on.

Deciding to let them be, you slip out of the room and into another, where your mother is resting. She was given the nicest bed out of the two down here since she's not well. You quietly walk to her side, sitting down on a part of the bed and causing the comforter to dip, rousing your mama from her rest. She blinks tiredly before her eyes come to a stop on you. "Mi dulce hija," she smiles at you, as you reach for her hand, gently holding within your own.

"Mamá." You have to cut yourself off, not trusting your voice after seeing her withering state.

The woman seems to catch onto this fact, giving you an apologetic look and lightly caressing your knuckles. "How are things going between you and Camilo?"

Her sly question and look makes you laugh, and you shake your head. "We're doing really well."

She hums, looking off to the side and back to you. "Well I'm glad mi hija is with such a handsome young man. It really reminds me of your father and I-"

You laugh, and cut her off, having heard this small spiel from her before. "Okay, okay, ¡mamá! I get it." She stops, laughing as well, until a coughing fit cuts her off. Your smile immediately falls, reminded of the reality of her condition. Without some form of miracle, it won't be long before she's gone.

Noticing your sudden change in mood, your mother turns back to you, staring into your eyes and cupping your cheek as you lean into her touch. "Hija.., no matter what happens, I promise I'll be here with you. Don't worry about me, okay? Enjoy yourself. This'll all be over soon and you'll be able to live your life. Have a family with Camilo, grow closer to his family and help others."

She begins coughing again as you feel hot tears trail down your cheeks. Finally, she looks back at you, motioning for you to lean down as she kisses your cheek before falling back against her pillow. "Promise me, you'll be happy."

You nod, forcing yourself to smile. "Yo prometo, mamá."

Standing to your feet, you leave her side, allowing her to get some much needed rest once more. As you do, you take a deep breath, composing yourself. Wishing there was some way to know if there was a cure, you close your eyes.

After a moment, you wander the halls, staring blankly ahead.

The next few days pass by as usual, with Camilo being the one to get food and necessities, which always you and Pepa holding your breath. Today, you had woken up a bit late, causing you to fall behind on chores. So now you're wiping off and cleaning the tables, having finished with cleaning your room.

As soon as you finish, you sigh, happy to be done. Just sitting down and reading something sounds relaxing, and as you make your way to your room, you notice Julieta rushing by you, causing you to quirk an eyebrow. However, you shrug it off and pick out your favourite book.

At last, you leave the room, entering the main room when Julieta suddenly comes up to you, a worried expression across her face. "(Y/N)..."

Knowing what that meant, you race off to your mother's room, only to find almost everyone crowding the doorway. Upon seeing you, they part, letting you push through to your mother's side. "¡Mamá!" You immediately grab her hand, tightly holding on, as if you could somehow keep her from slipping away by doing so. Her eyes are half-lidded and you feel tears threaten to spill upon hearing no response. "¿Mamá?" You can hear your voice crack at the end, but it doesn't even feel like yours.

All you can focus on is your mother's expression, how tired and frail she looks, until you feel someone's arms wrap around your frame, pulling you close. "Shh... Mi vida, it'll be okay." Faintly, you can make out Camilo's voice, and his words seem to be the switch. You feel the tears fall, and you have to stop a sob from escaping your throat. As you bow your head, you can feel Camilo's head rest on top of yours, his hand rubbing your back soothingly.

The rest of the night is silent on your end. You don't really speak and you skip dinner, instead choosing to sit in your room that you share with Camilo, staring blankly at the wall. You hear the door open, but you don't look over, already knowing who it is.

"¿Amor? You need to eat something." You don't respond, and you hear Camilo sigh. He sits beside you on the bed, wrapping you in his arms. "If you won't eat, will you at least get some rest tonight? I promise, I'll be right here."

Finally, you give him a short nod, and he gets up, preparing for bed. Once the two of you are settled, he pulls you over to rest your head on his chest, as he plays with your hair, knowing it calms you down. "I'm so sorry..." His whisper causes tears to flood your eyes, but you try your best to blink them away. From the silent response, Camilo heaves a small sigh, tightening his grip around your body. "Goodnight, hermosa."

As he presses a chaste kiss to your head, you close your eyes, snuggling closer to him. "Goodnight." Just those words seem to make him happy, as you hadn't spoken much since seeing your mamá in such a state.

The night wears on, and you find yourself not able to sleep. At some point, you can't stand just lying there, needing to get up and stretch. You wander around, your feet subconsciously carrying you towards your mother's door.

Although hesitant, you give in, silently pushing the door open so you can sit by your mother's side. Her breathing is so shallow you wouldn't even think she's alive were it not for her slow pulse.

You bite your lip, feeling your eyes sting. The reality seems to hit you all at once and you find yourself taking deep breaths whilst shaking your head.

Listening to the complete silence throughout the bunker, your eyes fall to your mother's hand, and you gently take it, stroking her knuckles. It isn't long of this until you hear her try to gasp for breath, startling you.

Your hands jump to her shoulders, and you search her face, watching as she manages to barely open her eyes. But she might as well have still been asleep. Her eyes were glazed over, completely unfocused, and almost lifeless. This time, you can't stop the hot tears from falling. "...¿M-Mamá?" You choke on your words, sobs racking your body as you see her close her eyes once more, struggling to breathe. It isn't long until she stills, her arms relaxing in your vice grip.

Instantly, you let go of her, brushing your thumb across her cheek. You don't even have to check for a heartbeat. Or a pulse.

She's gone.

The thought seems unbearable and you start breathing rapidly, squeezing her hand as if it would bring her back. "No.. M-" You fall quiet, bowing your head to her chest. You stay with her for a few minutes until you feel overwhelmed by the lifelessness. You shakily stand, giving her hand a last squeeze before you rush out of the room and towards the entrance of the bunker.

For a moment, you didn't think about the situation, until your hand rests upon the trapdoor. You stare at the wood for a second, thinking it over, and you go to push it open, just wanting to breathe fresh air, to look at the stars, to feel the cold breeze. Let it all numb you.

So you do. You close the door behind you and take in the cold, stale air. Your body trembles, your hand standing on end at the temperature, but you don't care. Instead, you welcome it. You stumble away from the area of the bunker, leaning against a lone tree. Finally, you let it all out, until you aren't sure you're even real.

Before you know it, the sound of snapping twigs steals your attention. You jump, looking around you, only for it to be too late.

"(Y/N)!"

You can hear someone scream your name but you don't turn around, seeing a weapon held right in front of your face. The person motions for you to stand and you do, moving slowly. The man glares at you, looking you up and down before a wry smile settles across his features. "You're coming with me. I'm sure you'll be able to give information on where your little boyfriend and his family are."

His words makes you scowl and you can't refrain from snarling at the man. "I don't know anything."

"Uh huh. Sure, you don't. We'll see how long that lasts." His tone sends chills down your spine. He points the weapon right at you, positioning it right on your back, as twirls you around, making you face a woman in front of him.

The woman raises her hands, taking slowly to show no harm. "Please, let her go."

The man tilts his head, clicking his tongue and giving the woman a dry laugh. "And why would I do that?"

Not seeing any other option, the woman sighs, changing into Camilo, once more, making your heart drop.

You can almost feel the man's smirk as he stares Camilo down. "You."

Camilo just nods, taking a single step forward, only for the man to pull you back and hold the weapon even tighter against your tense form. "Take me instead, okay? Just let her go and take me instead."

"No, Camilo, what-!" You're cut off by the man pressing the weapon into your back.

"You'll give yourself up? For this girl?"

Camilo nods, swallowing nervously. "Just let her go. A-And... I'll come with you."

"How do I know you aren't lying?"

Camilo seems desperate, looking into your eyes before taking a deep breath. He slowly kneels, holding his hands high above his head. "Let her go, get some other guards to help if you need. Just take me instead."

Before you can protest, the guard shoves you aside, calling for help as he holds the weapon against Camilo's back to keep the both of you still. "Camilo-!"

Again, you're cut off. This time, it's by the cry of pain from Camilo as he falls over, clenching his teeth at the searing pain sent through his shoulder and arm.

____________________
A/N- Hello? I... I have no idea where this went. I had an idea but it died. But I spent awhile on this, sooo, this is this I guess. Either way, I hope you enjoyed? I do want to explain, Julieta can't simply heal the reader's mother. There are certain limits on her power I think, and one of those is this type of situation.

Also, I have a schedule now! So, expect updates once a week. I would do more, but I have a couple stories I'm working on, lol. And JoJo, if you're reading this, then look at your reflection on the computer. You don't look as bad as usual!

Anyways, I'll come out with a better chapter tomorrow! Have a good night/day, and stay safe!

-Bunny<3

继续阅读

You'll Also Like

52.7K 756 56
"𝙏𝙝𝙚 𝙬𝙖𝙮 𝙮𝙤𝙪 𝙜𝙞𝙫𝙚 𝙢𝙚 𝙗𝙪𝙩𝙩𝙚𝙧𝙛𝙡𝙞𝙚𝙨" Finished: thank you all for your support! <3
9.5K 377 13
Rei is rather aloof to leave a proper description for this book. Please proceed with caution. - [ ✧ ] Published: February 18, 2022. Status: Discontin...
11K 445 11
oneshots with the la familia madrigal :) accepting requests!! unless it says fem or male, oneshots are written gender neutral :)
47.5K 973 33
Made this when I was like idk 10💀𝑆𝑡𝑎𝑟𝑡𝑒𝑑: 2/25/22 𝐸𝑛𝑑𝑒𝑑: 5/3/22 𝑂𝑟𝑑𝑖𝑛𝑎𝑟𝑦 & 𝐺𝑖𝑓𝑡𝑒𝑑, 𝐵𝑜𝑡ℎ 𝐻𝑎𝑡𝑒𝑑 𝑒𝑎𝑐ℎ𝑜𝑡ℎ𝑒𝑟 𝑤...