The Fire Within

By MC21_12

Book 1: Fire and Ice series. Twins Marina and Lukas Sloane, where taken from their father and brothers at a... More

Character list.
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Marinas new aethetic
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
New book
Update.
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chater 25
Update
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Book 2:
Heart of ice Update: Release date.

Chapter 14

5.1K 109 28
By MC21_12

This is gonna be a longer chapter. Enjoy xx

'I need to heal my family...'

*Marina's pov:*

"Principessa, wake up..."
No answer.
"Come on you need to get up."
No answer.
"Are you dead?" "Is she dead?"
"No you idiot, look her hand moved, therefore not dead."
"Get out." I said groggily.
"Not until you get up. You have school today remember." It's Aurelio. He say sitting on the edge of the bed rubbing my back as I bury my head under the pillow.
"Don't make us go get Romeo. He is not a morning person and If he has to come here to get you out of bed you will probably die." I hear someone say...it's Lukas.
"Yeah, yeah whatever I'm up, I'm up. Now get out before I kill you." I threaten them.

I hear them snicker and leave. Turning around to lay on my back. I let out a big sigh before getting out of bed. Just then I realised Aurelio was touching me.
'How did I not notice?'

I think I'm getting too comfortable here, with them.

Even if this is the case I won't show it. Not yet, not until I get my answers.

After having a shower and doing my normal morning routine, I get dressed, picking out a cute crop top, black jeans pairing it with my black leather jacket and black converse. Then I slip on some gold jewellery. 

I leave my hair down in its natural state. Doing my normal makeup and putting on my heart shaped sunglasses. I then grabbed my school bag making sure the essentials are there. Pen, notebook, vape, ya know the usual. Then headed downstairs.

Making my way to the kitchen and pushing the door open to see most of the family there eating. Romeo is no where to be found. If what Aurelio said is true he is either still sleeping or is grumpy and off working in his office.

Looking at everyone around the table I can see them all looking at me weirdly. Then Lorenzo pipes up.
"Go change." He says in a disapproving tone while looking at my top. I can see the rest of the agree with him. "No way!" I exclaim with a 'are you serious' chuckle.

"I won't tell you again. Now!" He says in a sharper tone this time pointing to the door.
'You're not scared, play it cool.'
"Not gonna happen." I say calmly crossing my arms. They can't tell me how to dress and to be honest this is one of my more covered up tops. I may just have to pull one of the others out for tomorrow to prove a point.

"You're showing too much skin. You're too young to be wearing such revealing clothes like that." Marco says. "I'm 15, and I always wear clothes like this, you just haven't been around to see."
I roll my eyes and look at the time.

"We have to go anyway or we will be late."
I tell them while starting to stand up. "But you haven't eaten yet." Lukas tells me.
'Wow, you don't say!' *eye roll*

"Go grab something to eat on the way." Marco says. "Fine." I sigh and grab an apple then head to the front door. We exit the house and get in the car. Lukas and I are in the back and Dante in the passenger seat while Aurelio drives.

"Here." Dante turns around and tosses me two granola bars. I look at him confused the other two look at him suspiciously also. Does he expect me to eat them?! They are probably poisoned if he is giving them to me.

"Umm yeah...no thanks." I say not sure what to think. "You are not just going to eating an apple, I expect both of those bars as well as the apple to be gone by the time we get to school." He states. Did he fall down the stairs and hit his head. 'Maybe he has brain damage and doesn't know how to act.'

My thoughts are interrupted when he turns around in his seat and speaks again. "Also, I'll tell you what you want to know at dinner tonight."
'Bitch what?!'
Now everyone is looking at him shocked. While he pays us no attention looking at his phone.
"Uhh...okay?" I say more as a question.

As we pull into the school I can tell it's a private school. There may not be any uniforms but I can basically smell the money off these people just by their clothes and also all these cars are like so expensive.

As I was about to get out of the car Aurelio turned around and said. "You remember the rules, right?" He says. His usual playful self was replaced with a more serious demeanour. In fact all the boys where sporting a serious look.

"I don't give a fuck about Marco's rules. I thought I made that clear." I snark back to him. "Stop calling him that, he isn't Marco to you he is dad. He is our dad, your dad." Dante says looking annoyed. Like usual.

"When he earns the father title back, then I'll consider calling him 'dad'. He is not the only who lost their informalities. Lukas should know and you don't hear him complaining." I glance of over at Lukas to see him looking at me upset.

"What do you mean?" Dante says confused seeing the look Lukas and I shared. "She never used to call me Lukas unless it was something serious. She would only call me Luke. When she likes and is comfortable around someone she will give them a nick name. It's just her thing." Lukas says sadly.

"WAIT! Your saying I could have a nick name?!"
Aurelio says excitedly. I exit the car along with my brothers. " I never said you didn't, I just haven't shared it with you." I was leaving him hanging with curiosity as we all walking into the school.

Did I forget to mention they are popular. Like very popular. As we made our way from the car to the office everyone was staring at us and whispering about them and about me. They had some not so nice things to say about me but I ignored them.

"What can I do for you?" The not so cheerful lady at the front desk says. "I'm new my name is Marina Salvatore, can I please get my schedule and locker." I say trying to stay calm but she keeps eyeing me up in disgust.

"Here." Was all she said with a sigh. "Thanks I guess." I say rolling my eyes. "Hey!" Aurelio took my schedule from my hand and took a picture of it. "I sent it to dad and the others so we know where you are." He says with a big goofy smile. "Whatever. Now give it back." I take the paper from him.

"Okay we all gotta go to class soon. Marina if your not gonna follow dads rules at least try to stay out of trouble please." Aurelio says still with a smirk on his face. I roll me eyes but agree.

"And keep that jacket on. If I see you with out it. I will take you into the bathroom and make you change into one of my t-shirts. And for the love of god stop rolling your eyes! It's so annoying." Dante says. Well I can see the new Dante is sticking around.

"And you are sitting with us at lunch. I don't care what you say. At least for the first week. Then we can see." Lukas says.
"I'm not sitting with you losers." I say walking away from the group after saying goodbye.

Hayleyboo🐙🐙:
Where are you?

Me:
Waiting for you idiots to get here.
Where are you guys?

Dumbass🦐🦧:
Soooooooooooooo
Ummmm...

Me:
Spit it out dumbass.
🙄

Dumbass🦐🦧:
Hey!
It was you who change my name!
Just when the other one was growing on me.

Hayleyboo🐙🐙:
OMG! Drew!!
Babe we gonna be late dumbass over slept and he is my ride. 😭

Me:
And that is why your name is dumbass.
Get here asap!
I've been here 10 minutes and I wanna pull out all my hair.

Dumbass🦐🦧:
Sorry...😐😶🧍

Hayleyboo🐙🐙:
We will be there for second period. Promise.

Ugh. I put my phone away and look at my schedule English. I look at the signs and find the class with 5 minutes to spare. I take a seat in the back corner.

A few minutes later the bell rings. More and more people flow into the class. Someone in particular catches my eye. Black hair, ice blue eyes, muscular, tall, tanned and sexy as fuck.

"Your in my seat." Sexy guys says. "Well I was here first. Sit somewhere else." He seemed taken aback by my response.

He eyed me up for a few seconds before shrugging his shoulders and sitting in the conjoining desk beside mine. "You know when I said find another seat I didn't mean the one right next to mine." I raise and eye brow at him but he doesn't say anything, he just continues wearing a smug look on his face.

"Okay class it seems we have a new student. Is Marina here?" Miss whatever her name is says.
I raise my hand. "Great! Why don't you stand up and tell us a little about yourself." This women is too enthusiastic for this time in the morning.

"No thanks." My short response earns me a look for the teacher. "I wasn't really asking. Stand up and say anything you want about yourself. Go on." She says encouragingly. Ugh.

"I'm 15, I like to draw. That's it." Taking my seat again I look down at the desk. Truth is I haven't drawing in a long time. It used to be my escape when I lived with mom but not I just can't seem to find anything in me to draw.

"Well I'm Mrs. Lee. Let's begin class." Mrs. Lee says. "Everyone open your books to pag-" she didn't get to finish her sentence as the door is swung open.

In walk none other than my brother Lukas along with some other boys, I'm guess his friends. "Take your seats boys, I will deal with you after class." Lukas rolls his eyes. There is the cold, emotionless Lukas I know.

His features soften for a moment when his eyes land on me but harden again and starts to glare and none other than sexy guy.
'I smell drama!' I sing in my head.

"Why is he glaring at you?" I lean over to sexy guy and whisper. "He doesn't like me very much, same with his brothers. We just don't get along." I can sense there is more but I don't pry.
"I'm Leo by the way." He says looking at me.

"Cool. Nice to meet you Leo." I say putting my head on the table while yawning.

I was woken up by the bell ringing, signalling that the class was now over. Leo was still sitting beside look at me with a smirk on his face. "What?" I ask confused. "Nothing." He says standing up along with me. Before either of us get to do anything more my upper are is grabbed by a very angry looking Lukas.

"Hey, let go! what are you doing?" I say as he drags my out of the classroom to a more secluded part of the building. His grip on my arm very tight at this point and his face shows no emotion. 

After a minute more of him dragging me down the hallway he stops at an empty classroom dragging me in and then turning to face me.

"What the hell was that?" He ask pointing in the direction we came from. "What the hell are you talking about?" I say getting a bit scared. He is bringing up old memories of mom I would prefer to keep buried.

His grip tightening even more if possible on my arm and I now have tears in my eyes. "What were you doing talking to Leo? He is an asshole. If I ever see you talking to him again there will be consequences. Am I understood?!" He slightly raises his voice at the last sentence.

Lukas can be very scary when he wants to be. The only other time he has acted this angry and cold towards me was that night. The night I was sent away.

"Y-yes." I say looking at the ground. A few tears escaped my eyes. Lukas lifts my chin and his grip on my arm loosens. "I'm sorry love. I didn't mean to scare you. He is just a bed person, stay away from him. Okay?" He says in a softer voice. I nod my head and he hugs me. I hug him back a silently, still in shock while I let a few more tears escape.

When Lukas leaves I go to the bathroom and clean myself up. Then go into one of the stalls and remove my shirt to look at my arm. Yep it's bruised and it's only getting darker. I can see the finger marks. 'That bastard!' Now I'm angry.

I decide to skip second period and stay in the stall playing on my phone and vaping to calm down.

By now it's lunch time and I can't lie I am absolutely starving. Hayley and Andrew skipped the whole day too because they got into an argument. I'm sure I'll hear the details later.

As I walk into the cafeteria I join the food line when I feel someone's hand on my shoulder. My first reaction was to flinch away out of their hold. When I turn around I see Leo looking angry and concerned. "Why weren't you in second period?" 'How does he-'
"We have it together."
"Oh."

"What did Lukas Salvatore want with you anyway? Was that why you weren't in class? Are you okay?" Omg so many questions. Why does he even care. Then I remember Lukas' words to me 'If I ever see you talking to him again there will be consequences.' I don't doubt his threat. "It's none of your business. Please leave me alone."

I grab a sandwich and bottle of water, then leave the cafeteria. Ugh where to go now. Library. That's exactly where I went. After about 10 minutes my phone starts to blow up with texts from my brothers. I tell them I went to the library and then turn my phone off.

The rest of the day was uneventful nothing happened. I had a few more classes with Lukas but I think he felt guilty and left me alone. I saw him with some girl and I think he has a girlfriend. I'll have to ask him about that later.

Right now I'm sitting in my last class of the day art and I keep staring a blank piece of paper. Not knowing what to draw.

Soon the class was over and I made my way outside to the car. I was the first one there. As I was waiting Leo decides to stop by.
'He just can't seem to take a hint.' *eye roll*
"I am going to ask you one more time. Are you okay?" He says standing a bit too close for comfort.

"I already told you I'm fine." I say irritated. I try to push my way past him but he grabs my arm making me hiss in pain as it is where Lukas grabbed me earlier.

"The fuck you're 'fine' he hurt you didn't he!" His eye grow dark and his fists clench. "No. He is my brother. My twin brother. My full name is Marina Salvatore. Now please leave before any of my brothers come out here and see us talking. You'll get me into more trouble." I say cautiously looking around.

"Fine but here, this is my phone number. If you need anything let me know. Okay?" He says pulling up my sleeve and writing the number on my arm.

"Okay." With that he walks away leaving me standing by the car alone.

'What the hell is my life...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

8.7M 249K 100
Emilia and Lexi were twins but they couldn't be more oppersite if they tried. Emilia was selective mute, she was taught not to speak unless spoken to...
3M 71.7K 84
*needs editing* "Watch your fucking mouth"Antonio said slamming his fist on the desk. The twins just looked at their oldest brother in amusement at h...
2M 51.2K 95
Alexa and Alesa Romano are the only daughters of the Romano family They grew up without their 7 brothers.. After the divorce of their parents. The...
1.4M 30.8K 44
*This is my version on Their abused little angel by @Dead_virens* *UNEDITED* At a young age, Rosabella's Parents got a divorce leaving her dad havin...