something imperfect || isabel...

By hiraethkomorebi

"Well then, maybe you really don't have a choice. But let's say around me, you have. Be imperfect ! I'll be t... More

ᴡᴇʟᴄᴏᴍᴇ !
01. welcome to the family Hermoza
02. hanging out with your favorite Madrigal
03. the donkey plushie
04. girls night at the Madrigals (well not really)
05. sleepovers are for mental breakdowns
06. sparkles
07. escaping work
08. Isabela's gift
09. the ceremony
10. living the celebrity life
11. it's raining hugs
12. delivery day
13. being a responsible adult
14. time for dinner
15. the hilarious breaking of Mariano's nose
16. that's Bruno
17. knock on wood
18. a hurricane of jacarandas
19. calling for Mirabel
20. surviving your very very serious wound
21. a butterfly
22. the right one
23. an apology
24. about confessions
Sᴘᴇᴄɪᴀʟ Eᴘɪsᴏᴅᴇ : Dᴏʟᴏʀᴇs Mᴀᴅʀɪɢᴀʟ
25. flower field
Sᴘᴇᴄɪᴀʟ Eᴘɪsᴏᴅᴇ : Lᴜɪsᴀ & Mɪʀᴀʙᴇʟ Mᴀᴅʀɪɢᴀʟ
26. the good vision
Sᴘᴇᴄɪᴀʟ Eᴘɪsᴏᴅᴇ : Cᴀᴍɪʟᴏ & Aɴᴛᴏɴɪᴏ Mᴀᴅʀɪɢᴀʟ
27. kidnapping
Sᴘᴇᴄɪᴀʟ Eᴘɪsᴏᴅᴇ : Pᴇᴘᴀ & Aʟᴍᴀ Mᴀᴅʀɪɢᴀʟ
28. family picture
Sᴘᴇᴄɪᴀʟ Eᴘɪsᴏᴅᴇ : Aɢᴜsᴛɪ́ɴ & Fᴇ́ʟɪx Mᴀᴅʀɪɢᴀʟ
29. the tale of the nine bells
Sᴘᴇᴄɪᴀʟ Eᴘɪsᴏᴅᴇ : Isᴀʙᴇʟᴀ & Jᴜʟɪᴇᴛᴀ Mᴀᴅʀɪɢᴀʟ
30. Jorge
31. an idiot
32. second family
34. sisters
35. family dinner
36. married in a hurricane (of joy!😀)
Fᴜᴛᴜʀᴇ Pʀᴏᴊᴇᴄᴛs
Rᴇsᴜʟᴛs : Nᴇxᴛ Bᴏᴏᴋ

33. kiss goodnight

4K 174 118
By hiraethkomorebi

A loud sound wakes Isabela up, making her groan. What could have hit her window so late at night ?

Meanwhile, you apologize to Casita, afraid you had hurt the house by throwing a rock at Isabela's window. But you didn't, and the house shows it by bursting Isabela's shutters open, letting light into her room and waking her up even more.

"What's going on- (Y/n) ?" She looks outside, to see you standing there in the dark, looking up at her like an idiot.

"It is I, Isabela ! I have come to fulfill my promise. We shall sneak out together."

"Seriously ? You made that promise two months ago ! I thought I could escape this !"

"Correction ! It was about a month and two weeks ago. And you can't escape me."

"Alright then, sing me a serenade. I'll come down if it's good enough."

You lose your words in disbelief. Did she want you to wake her whole family up ? You were already lucky enough Dolores' room was soundproof. "That's not the most discreet way of sneaking out, honey."

She smirks, looking at your figure in the dark. You seemed so small compared to her, for once. She really enjoyed this. "Go on. Sing something."

"If you insist." You sigh. "Twinkle, twinkle little star..."

She snorts. "That's so romantic !"

"I was inspired." You shrug as a vine finally grows down Isabela's window, and she climbs it down. She hugs you as you open your arms, giggling like a mischievous child doing something their parents won't like.

That was what you were doing. More or less, you were both grown adults.

"This is my first time sneaking out !" Isabela exclaims, spinning around. "What do we do ?"

"First, we celebrate our success in getting out unseen."

You both silently jump up and down in victory.

"And now ?"

You think for a second. You had mainly focused on convincing Isabela to sneak out, which ended up being easier than planned. "Nowwww... I don't really know. I did bring snacks, though." You point to your enormous bag.

"What do you usually do when you sneak out ?"

"I walk in the town at night. It's deserted. Sometimes I dance, because no one can see me. I leave notes on people's doors. I find a tree and I climb it all up to stargaze. When I'm with my aunt, we find a nice spot and talk until the sun rises, even if we don't have anything to say. Something you wanna try ?"

"Definitely leaving notes on people's doorsteps."

"Of course."

___

"You're crazy !" Isabela laughs quietly as you slip your note under Mariano's front door.

It said : You're never safe from another kidnapping. You had showed mercy and did not write anything else.

"I just hope it's not Mariano's mother who finds it."

Isabela gasps at the idea, hitting your shoulder as you laugh. She was the one who stopped in front of the Guzmáns' home with a smirk. You only executed the plan that was going on in her mind.

"Hey, we're not very far from that courtyard with the three. You know, the place you told me you didn't want to marry-"

"I remember. Wanna go there ?"

___

You laugh as Isabela huffs, sitting next to you on the branch. You had made a bet, she couldn't use her powers to climb up and the first one to reach the highest point of the tree would win.

"You cheated." She argues, which you deny. "Yes you did ! You can't kiss my cheek and expect me to work normally after that !"

You did do that. Isabela froze on the spot, trying to move as you already started climbing. But you didn't use any gift.

"I am sorry. In exchange for this horrible act, you may kiss me in return." You show her your cheek, waiting for her to kiss it with a little smirk. Isabela gives you a defiant look.

She grabs your chin to turn your head, pressing her lips on yours quickly. It only lasted one second, but the soft feeling of it stayed like a dream you had a hard time waking up from.

"You..." You search your words. "You stole my first kiss."

"I stole your first kiss with my first kiss." She answers, as surprised as you by the fact she just kissed you. "Uh, was it... Was it okay with you ? I'm sorry-"

"Can we try again ?"

"Sorry ?"

"That was my first kiss. You stole it from me, I want a refund."

You couldn't see the blush of Isabela's face, the moon not shining bright enough. But you could see her eyes shine as she gave you a timid smile.

"Alright."

Timidly, you peck her lips, not sure of what to do. You had never kissed anyone, and neither did she, so what were you supposed to do ?

This, apparently : Isabela put her arms around your neck, pulling you closer. You wrap an arm around her waist, keeping a hand on the tree trunk so you wouldn't fall to your possible death. Was it really happening ? The fact your heart didn't seems to respond normally made you light-headed. Were you sure you weren't dreaming ? Yes, because you could feel Isabela's arms around you and her lips on yours.

It was sweet, and, like last time, didn't last too much time : you pulled away after a few seconds.

"Hold up." You put a hand to your chest. "I can feel my heart beat in my brain, I think I need to breathe."

"Same." She laughs. You both take deep breaths, Isabela taking your hand in hers. You stayed like that for a good minute, in a comfortable silence.

"So you're 21 and you never had your first kiss ?" You tease, nudging her. Your skin feels like fire against the cold night breeze. You're talking nonsense. You don't want her to realize how shy you feel.

She eyes you. "(Y/n), you're 21 and never kissed anyone either."

"Why do you feel the need to expose me like that ?" You argue dramatically. She giggles. "Ya want snacks ? I've got snacks." You rummage through your bag stressfully.

"Are you changing subjects so you don't feel shy ? It's fine, (Y/n)." Once again, she had exposed you.

"Nooooo." You blatantly lie, making her laugh. "So, any snack you want ?"

"Do you count as a snack ?"

You were going to die. You were dying. That was it. "Ehrrrrrrrrwhanoyeh, I think you've been spending way too much time with Camilo."

"True." She admits shamelessly. "I've asked him for advice."

"Camilo has always been single."

"But he taught me how to embarass people. He's good at that."

You nod and hand her a random snack, since she didn't tell you what she want. She leans your head on your shoulder, looking up at the night sky. It was beautiful, thousands of stars piercing the dark and infinite area. You wished for moments like this to happen everytime the sky would be this pretty. In fact, you wished for moments like this to happen at every time, even in the middle of a hurricane.

"I love you." You smile, squeezing Isabela's hand. She squeezes back.

"I wish we could stay like this forever."

A shooting star crosses the sky. It doesn't grant any wish, because eventually, the sun rises, kissing your faces, and you have to go home. You barely notice at the moment, both too engaged in a passionate discussion about Isabela's cactus.

___
words : 1247

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

207K 4.9K 32
❝ I just plan on getting to know you better ❞ ❝ If you let me at least ❞ IN WHICH 𝐫𝐨𝐬𝐚 𝐝𝐞 𝐥𝐨𝐬 𝐚𝐧𝐠𝐞𝐥𝐞𝐬 and her family comes to encanto...
61.9K 2.4K 11
! WARNING : MAJOR SPOILER, THIS FANFICTION WILL INCLUDE OFFICIAL SCENES FROM THE MOVIE ENCANTO ! # || Isabella has always been "Little Miss Perfect"...
66.3K 1.4K 25
Camilo madrigal x female!reader (Y/n) and her family moved with their grandparents in Encanto, in which our protagonist will face a lot of events whi...
15.6K 243 11
Your gift is to control flames, but it's an incredibly destructive power, so your Abuela Alma got angry at you one day. She fussed about how you coul...