Stars That Bind Us [h.s]

By Louisgurl1D

"We were always meant to say goodbye, weren't we?" His quiet voice rasped from next to me as we lay on the r... More

read / introduction
00
01
02
03
05
06
07
08

04

245 21 133
By Louisgurl1D

Okay, I might be biased but I love the new character we're gonna be seeing today.

Can you guess from the header? ;)

Angel Parker

"Yes, I'll pick her up. Don't worry." I hang up on my aunt, Gloria. 

I keep my phone aside and start driving to Scarlett's school. My sister.

Parking the car, I make my way to the teacher standing at the gate with students in line behind her, parents crowding the surrounding. 

"Hey, I'm looking for Scarlett Avery." I smile as the teacher nods and looks at a notebook in her hand. 

"Uh, you sure you didn't take her? Her name has been signed off." She turns to me. 

"What- I just got here. see there must be a mistake." I shake my head, my hands starting to sweat. 

"I'm not sure, I just came 5 minutes ago because the teacher earlier had to leave for an emergency." she tells me as I feel my forehead being shrouded in a cold sweat. 

"Can I check inside?" I insist as she nods and I dart in. 

I walk into the hallways and look in every classroom. Not a soul in sight. The students were cleared off their classrooms and teachers were back in the staff room. 

"Red! where are you??" I sprint in panic, looking through the classrooms.

I see a cleaner walk up to me. "Can I help you?"

"Y-yes! my sister, Scarlett Avery. I came to find her, she's not here." I tell him. 

"The students always leave, I'm sure she's out there or probably went home." he tries to calm me down. 

"I can't-"

"Just go home and check, maybe someone else took her." he consoles as I sprint out. 

I get my phone out and dial Zayn's number.

"Hello?" Zayn picks up.

"Zayn. I'm worried. I can't find my sister." I tell him.

"What? Where are you?" He questions?

"I'm at her school. She's not here." I start sobbing.
"What if someone took her or what if something happened."

"Okay listen to me, calm down. Go to your apartment, look if Louis took her by any chance then I'll look okay? Don't stress. I'm sure nothing has happened to her." He consoles as I nod to myself.

I drive back to my apartment, my eyes tearing up. I hope nothing happened to her. I can't afford her to get in any sort of danger. 

I get out of the car and rush in, unlocking the door. 

The moment I step in, the sight came to me as a fresh breath of air. 

Scarlett sat on Louis' back as he stayed on all fours.

"You-" I throw my keys at Louis. 

"Ow! what!" he turns to me as Scarlett's attention veers to me. 

"Angieeee!" she hops off his back and waddles to me. 

"Hey red." I sob, kneeling as she wraps her tiny arms around me. "God, I got so worried." I take her in my arms standing up. 

"That hurt you know." Louis rubs his knuckles. 

"Oh c'mon! I thought I lost my sister! Why did you bring her without informing me?" I say texting Zayn that I found her.

"I thought when you mentioned that your sister was staying with us today, you meant for me to get her." He shrugs. 

"Ah I know your intentions were right but I just got scared. I'm sorry. C'mere." I hold out my other arm for him to come and get a hug.

"Ah don't be so cheesy. It's alright." He shakes his head. He's probably shy. He barely hugs. 

"C'mere." Scarlett mumbles gesturing him to come over too as we both giggle. 

He finally throws his head back before stepping into the hug and quickly stepping out. 

"Done. Phew." He murmurs. 

"Why are you so scared of hugs?" I question letting Scarlett down as she runs into my bedroom. 

"I'm not scared, I've just never been held. So I get awkward. You know it." He says picking up the toys she threw around earlier. 

"Okay fine. Do you wanna go to the carnival where I'm gonna take red?" I ask.

"Nah, I got some work at the other end of the town. Take Zayn if you will." He insists.

"Take me where?" Zayn walks in taking off his helmet. 

"Just to the carnival-"

"Hiiiiiiiii" Scarlett sprints out of the room and scurries to go wrap her arms around zayn's leg. 

He freezes looking down at her. 

"Uh-hey. Can you.." He tries to pull his leg away but she grips him with a toothy smile as Louis and I laugh. 

Zayn has always been uncomfortable around kids for some reason.

"Red c'mere." I get a hold of her hand and kiss the top of her head. 

"Thank God." Zayn huffs under his breath. 

"You know, Angel and I were thinking we should leave little red with you for a day. We gotta visit somewhere." Louis says in utter seriousness but I know already it's a joke. 

"W-what? I can take Angel to wherever she needs to be. Or best, you and I can go, she can stay. Kids are most comfortable with their family." he scratches the back of his head as I giggle. 

"He's just messing around. Don't worry." I swat his arm.

"Right I gotta go. Take care Red! I'll be back."Louis waves at Scarlett and walks out as Zayn shuts the door and I walk into my bedroom with Scarlett. 

"Hey, baby." I smile making her stand up on the bed. 

"Angieee." She smiles leaning forward to hold my face and drop a sloppy kiss on my cheek.

"Let's get you into more comfy clothes yeah?" I smile tickling her as she giggles. 

I get her into a princess-printed PJ set and let her hair free from the braids. 

She smiles as her brown hair fans down her body and tiptoes to hug me.

"You're touchy today. You missed me?" I take her in my arms and sit on the bed with her on my lap. 

"Yes." She nods. "I miss you." She lays her head on my chest before realizing something. She sets up glancing at my star pendant.

Right when I think she's gonna hold my pendant, she pulls my shirt apart to see it better, exposing my bra.

"Red no!" I gasp out.

"Hey I - WHAT THE FUCK" Zayn walks in and we both scream at the same time.

"I'll go-" he immediately turns around.

"I wan dis." She whines tugging at my star pendant.

"Oh my God, you could've said that!" I turn red and immediately cover myself back up. 

"Ou." She pouts sadly.

"I'll bring you some cookies. Wait in here and watch some TV." I place her on the bed and stand at the door for a while. 

How can I face zayn? It's going to be so awkward. 

I take a deep breath and walk out straight when I see him sitting on the sofa with his head in his hands. 

"Talk about a jumpscare!" He exclaims turning to me. 

"I know I'm sorry she just did that out of nowhere." I explain stressed. 

"God." He shakes his head. 

"Let's forget this happened." I tell him.

"I'm trying." He says.

I go to the kitchen to grab a box of cookies. 

"Do you want a cook-"

"No!" He says as I sprint into my room. 

Oh my God. 

"You embarrassed me you know that!?" I tell Scarlett as she sat on the bed gluing her eyes to the tv screen. 

"Mmmm." She hums to herself as I hand her the cookies.

"Do you wanna go to a carnival today?" I ask laying down next to her and glancing over at the tv. 

"Yes!" She turns around with a cookie in her hand. 

"Okay. Do you want to wear the red dress? It will suit your name." I smile. 

"Red is my fav!" She giggles munching on the cookie as I laugh patting her back.

"I'll go ask uncle Zayn okay? If he wants to come with us." I kiss her head and get up to walk out into the hall. 

"Hey, uh- I was wondering if you could come to the carnival with Red and I." I stand in front of him as he stays on the sofa working on his laptop trying not to look at me.

"Why can't Louis go?" He questions.

"Because he has something to do at the other end of the town. He's busy. Please. I wouldn't have asked you if it wasn't important." I mumble sitting down next to him. 

"She's all I have. And I can't let anything happen to her. I can manage alone but I'm never sure when it comes to her." I confess. 

He holds my vision for a moment before looking down at his laptop. 

"Okay, I'll come with you." He says. 

"You're the best!" I hug him from the side and get up. 
"You're gonna carry her by the way." I tease him. 

"What- no- I mean-"

"Kidding." I laugh and walk into my room.

~~~

"Do I look nice?" I turn around to face Scarlett as she sat on the bed, her bright dress pooled around her. 

I was wearing a yellow sweater tucked into a black tight skirt that came to mid-thigh and finished the fit with ankle boots. 

"Mhm. Pretty pretty." She claps and stands up on the bed. 

"Come let's go check on uncle Zayn." I take her in my arms and walk out of my room to see him walking around the hallway shirtless just in his jeans. 

"Do you plan on dressing up just yet?" I ask. 

"Yeah, I just gotta pull on a shirt." He turns to me and checks both of us out. "You girls look pretty." He smiles. 

"Thank you. We always do. Right, Red?" I look over at my sister who nods and pecks my cheek.

I sit on the sofa putting her on my lap waiting for zayn to get ready as Scarlett plays with my pendant. 

"You okay?" She looks at me, holding my face. 

"Yes. Why wouldn't I be?" I smile. 

She looks at me for a moment before laying her head on my chest and wrapping her arms around my torso. 

I softly place my hand on her head, caressing her. 

Suddenly I hear sounds of sniffling. 

"Hey, what happened Red?" I hold her chin. 

"You not okay." She mumbles with teary eyes. 

"I am, why would you say that?" I furrow my brows. 

She points at my neck when I touch the place she was pointing at but don't feel anything. 

I get my phone and turn on the front camera to check and yet, nothing. 

What was she pointing at?

"What's there baby? I promise I'm okay. Please don't cry." I wipe her tears. 

"Okay, I'm ready." Zayn walks out in his usual black three-piece attire. A black shirt with a black blazer over it and black trousers. 

"We're going to a carnival and you look like a mafia boss." I chuckle as he smiles stepping over. 

"Why's she crying?" He questions, his eyebrows coming together.

"I don't know. She's saying I'm not okay and crying." I hold her close to me rubbing her back. 

"Oh. Does she need anything?" He scratches the back of his head. 

"I don't know." I shake my head. 

And then it hits me. The scar on my neck.

"I think she remembered the attack from last year." I gasp looking at
Zayn. 

His face falls. "Oh."

"Yeah, but I never thought she would remember." I say in surprise. She was just 3-years-old a year ago. How can she even remember that?

He disappears and walks back with a bar of chocolate in his hand. He leans down and holds it out for her.

"H-hey scar- red. Take this and stop crying please?" He fakes a smile. 

I knew he was uncomfortable but he always tried. That's what I loved about him. 

She sniffles before taking it and holds her hands up to him. 

He stands there uncomfortably as I understand it's too much for him. 

"Come let's go." I stand up. 

As we start walking out, I feel Zayn place a hand of comfort on my back. 

//

I know a lot of people don't, but I personally love babies and small kids. How about you?

Hope you enjoyed it though, 500 reads yay! I love and appreciate you guys so much! Vote and comment <33

See you in the next chapter!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

141K 5.1K 39
There's no way you're hitting on me right now. ━ Lando Norris x Fem!OC Β© KissLeclerc , April 2024
948K 40K 81
Maddison Sloan starts her residency at Seattle Grace Hospital and runs into old faces and new friends. "Ugh, men are idiots." OC x OC
2.1M 107K 62
↳ ❝ [ INSANITY ] ❞ ━ yandere alastor x fem! reader β”• 𝐈𝐧 𝐰𝐑𝐒𝐜𝐑, (y/n) dies and for some strange reason, reincarnates as a ...
118K 3.5K 27
a paige bueckers story.