𝐇𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐘𝐨𝐮

By marvelshi

{ENEMIES TO LOVERS} Ivory Fernández and Kylian De Luca. She's the top assassin. He's the top... More

introduction <3
my amazing characters
01 | found you
02 | accompany the enemy
03 | message received
04 | rory
05 | training test
06 | under attack
07 | bad boys
08 | first mission
09 | just keep swimming
10 | it's not a date
11 | friends
12 | avengers assemble
13 | second mission
14 | one star motel
15 | watching the stars
16 | pick up lines
17 | italy
19 | birthday girl
20 | training session
21 | rooftop
22 | drunk words, sober thoughts
23 | speedy
24 | black ops three
25 | midnight talks
26 | the annual ball
27 | life isn't fair
28 | extraction
29 | stay
30 | truth or a lie
31 | fast and furious
32 | vienna, austria
33 | confessions
34 | eeny meeny, miny moe
35 | connected by light
36 | comfort
38 | one v. one
39 | father of the year
40 | forever
epilogue
authors note <3
book two !!

18 | secrets

3.1K 76 237
By marvelshi

That conversation with Elio was two weeks ago, and ever since then, I've tried to keep my distance from Ivory just for him.

I didn't want to... for some random reason? Oh, yeah; I totally forgot annoying her brings me happiness.

Besides the point, Elio has always been there for me. I owe him. And if staying away from Ivory is what he wants then I guess I'll stay away.

I hear a knock on my door. A human being. If it's Kylo wanting to rant about some stupid thing then I might actually shoot him.

The door opens, not waiting for my reply, and the person who walks in is... fucking Kylo.

"Bro," he groans, plopping onto the couch. Well, shit. Sighing, I lean back on my chair.

"You're either training or working all the time. And before you say "I'm a mafia leader, for fucks sake," I would like to point out you still have a life," he says, mimicking my voice horribly.

I open my mouth to tell him to piss off but he continues. "Let's go racing. If you win, I'll owe you a ten-second car."

"If I go will you shut up?" I ask. "It's at the same place, see you there," he grins as he walks out.

How is he so joyful all the fucking time?

Should I even go? It would be fun, I guess. If someone tries to kill me, I'll just blame it on Kylo.

Rethinking my life choices, I force myself up and out of the office. Once I lift my head, I see Ivory leaning against the wall. Fuck.

"Are you avoiding me?" she asks, straight up. I look at her up and down before meeting her gaze. She looks- "Well, are you?"

"No," I reply bluntly and walk away. I am. That obvious, huh?

"Oh, really?" she continues, following me. She's not gonna let this go, is she?

"Why?" I glance at her. "Miss me that much, Rory?"

A slight smirk forms on my lips as she narrows her eyes at my question.

"One, I didn't miss you. Two, I thought I told you not to call me that. Three, I know you're avoiding me, Kylian," she responds.

"One, don't lie to yourself. Two, I don't care. Three, if you're so sure that means you're acknowledging how I'm not around you as much." And she says she hates me.

"So you are avoiding me?" she furrows her brows, her voice firm. "No?" I question rather than state.

"I'll find out why," she taunts, crossing her arms. "Have fun with that, Rory," I say before walking outside.

Yeah, I hope she doesn't. Because not only is she going to beat Elio's ass, she's also going to beat mine.

***

I step out the car and watch as the crowd cheers. "I almost beat you," Kylo says, as he gets out of his car.

"Almost," I point out and he nudges my shoulder with a smile. "At least I've beaten you before," he shrugs.

"It was your birthday, I let you," I scoff. He never lets go of that one time. That one time I was being nice. Come on.

"Sure, Kylian. Sure," he chuckles. He's an idiot. I honestly feel sorry for Bella.

"Alright, I'm going to race that dickhead who keeps staring at us. I bet you I'll win," he smirks.

I take a glance at the guy. I haven't seen him before. Kylo is definitely going to win but I'm not going to boost his ego.

"We'll see," I say, watching him get back into his car. Yeah, there's no way he's losing.

My lips tilt up as he drives away with his middle finger out the window. Dickhead.

Kylo has been by my side since I was born. Literally. Our fathers were friends, so we grew up together. He's like a brother to me. And we also grew up racing, I know he's going to win.

"Is that your friend?" a girl asks, pointing at Kylo's red car at the starting line. "He's not interested," I state.

"I'm not interested in him," she says, "I'm interested in you." I look at her, furrowing my brows slightly.

"And you're mafia," she adds. Really? The one day I go out this shit happens? "A lot of people are," I tell her.

"There are many people after you, it's almost like a competition," she chuckles under her breath. "And the Russians are really annoying."

Tell me about it.

I could shoot her between the eye right now. But there are people everywhere and someone might see. But do I really care? No. Not really.

I scan the crowd, debating whether to kill her or not but someone catches my eye. Rory.

I take a step, about to call after her but she stops me. "The person your friend is racing planted a bomb in the hood of Kylo's car. He's also going to kill him if I tell him to."

"Oh, and there's also a bomb in your partner's car. You can only save one and you only have two minutes."

She walks away. I let her walk away but does she think she's getting away with this? I look at Elio and he nods at me before approaching the girl. Well, I know I'm never going to see her again.

I pull out my phone and call Kylo. "I'm trying to race, idiot," he says quickly, straight after answering.

"Kylo, there's a bomb under your car, drive the car off the bridge, into the sea. You have two minutes," I tell him, as I head towards Ivory.

"You've got to be shitting my di-" he ends the call before he could finish his sentence. He better not die.

"Where do you think you're going?" I ask Rory before she can get into her Mustang. "To race," Riley shrugs.

"Oh?" I furrow my brows. "Do you have a problem, Kylian?" Ivory asks. She knows what she's fucking doing.

"Are you guys serious?" Riley, Bella, and Ivory. What the hell did I expect?

"Is there something wrong?" Bella questions with that look.

"Yes," I reply, "considering someone planted a bomb on your car."

"Do you think we're stupid?" Ivory huffs. "Do you want me to answer that?" I genuinely ask.

"We know about the bomb, Dory," she crosses her arms. "And it's been unplanted," Isiah mutters as he closes the hood of the car with the bomb in his hand.

I hate Isiah but I would be lying if said I wasn't glad he was here. "Nothing to say?" Riley tilts her head.

"No," I reach my hand out to help Isiah and surprisingly he takes it.

"You sure you don't have anything to say?" Ivory looks at me with a small grin. "Yeah," I shrug, holding back a smile.

Once I look up I see all of them smirking at me. What the fuck?

"Wait, where's Kylo?" Bella asks. Uhh... how the fuck am I supposed to tell her?

"There's also a bomb planted in his car... so he left to not blow everyone up?" I'm pretty sure she's going to kill me by the look on her face.

"What?" she grits. "It's Kylo, he'll be fine," I brush her off.

He's trained. And I think he knows how to jump out of a car before driving it into the sea considering he's done it before.

Yeah... he had too much nos in his car and it started a fire so he had to drive his car off into a lake. He hates when I talk about it so naturally I always talk about it.

"Did Kylo just seriously drive his precious car off the bridge?" Elio questions in shock as he walks towards us.

"No, that was your imagination," I reply sarcastically. "Yes, you idiot."

He smiles and flips me off. "I'll chop your finger and shove it down your throat, Elio," I threaten. Stronzo.

"Is that blood?" Riley chuckles, gesturing to his suit that has blood splattered all over it.

"It will be yours if you don't shut up," he huffs. She furrows her brows at him, "Hey, what did I do?"

"Nothing, I just don't like you," he replies bluntly. "Speak to her like that and you won't have a tongue," Isiah scoffs.

Woah there. Isiah defending Riley? And he says he hates her. What an idiot.

"I second that," Ivory and Bella say at the same time before laughing at each other.

"I'm gonna go. Your voices are making me have ear cancer," Elio mumbles as he turns around and walks away.

I think my voice is pretty good, I don't know what he's on about. He just has a severe condition called being a social reject.

"Wait!" Ivory calls out for him. "I have something for you!" Hesitantly, he turns back around with a bland expression.

She digs into her pocket before pulling out her middle finger, flipping him off. I watch amused as he glares at everyone for laughing.

That's my gi- I think I should get drunk.

"I hate you," he says with a bright grin, walking backwards. "Awh, I love you too," she waves at him before he turns around and leaves.

"Hey, I ruined my car because of you," Kylo yells as he storms towards me. Because of me? Definitely not my fault.

"Guess how many fucks I give?" I tell him but he just scoffs. Yes, zero.

"Fucking idiot, you scared me," Bella mutters before hugging him.

For a second, I swear I saw Riley and Isiah glancing at each other. I look at Ivory and we share a look. They're blind.

"Fuck off, you guys are so cute," Riley. groans.

Kylo and Bella immediately pull away. "No," they say in sync.

I turn to walk away because this is too fucking boring until Kylo stops me. "You owe me a car."

"No," I say simply. "Yes," he replies. Is he really doing this?

"No," I repeat. He wanted to come here so technically it's his fault his car blew up underwater.

"Rock, paper, scissors, first to three," he proposes. "If I win, you owe me a car."

"Rock, paper, scissors?" I chuckle. "You're a child, Kylo."

He quickly reaches for his heart with a hurt look on his face. "Child? I'm deeply offended, considering I'm almost 22."

I stare at him for a good five seconds before turning around and walking away.

Now I somewhat understand Elio and his social reject-ness.

This day has been super fucking annoying. I now have the urge to get high on a roof of a tall building. Ahh, peace and quiet. That would be really nice.

Before I'm about to get into my car, I glance at the starting point to see a Mustang. Ivory's Mustang.

The person Kylo was racing was going to kill him. I mean they couldn't since that girl was too dead to give them the order to. Point is, there's no way she's racing.

Once I'm at her car, she's already in the driver's seat. "Don't go, Ivory." Chances are she probably will. My bad, I mean definitely.

"Kylian," she sighs, turning to face me, "you can suck my nonexistent dick." With that, she rolls up the window.

Am I surprised? No. Guess I got used to her humour that's exactly like an eight-year-old child's.

***

"I won. Did you see me," she says, walking up to me with a smile. I did see her. And it's safe to say she's an amazing racer.

"Good for you," I shrug. "It doesn't hurt to say good job, you know?" she rolls her eyes.

What is she on about? Saying that causes unbearable pain all over my body. It hurts too much.

"Rory," I lower my head slightly, pulling her closer to me by her waist, "you'll never hear me say those two words to you."

"Is that a challenge?" she smirks at my words. I scoff, "Is everything a challenge to you?"

"Yes," she responds simply. "Yes, everything is." Not surprised.

"Great. Can you leave now?" I ask with a fake smile, hoping she will. "No," she shrugs. Really?

"And why is that?" I grit out. Now I really want to get high on a roof of a tall building.

"You're avoiding me," she states. "And well, Alessandro, annoying you brings me happiness."

Ouch, using my own words against me. "Well, Elena, I suggest you go before I shoot you."

"You wouldn't," she gasps exaggeratedly. "What makes you think I won't?" I ask. I have two guns hidden and a hand to pull the trigger. Pretty sure I can and will.

"You're too in love," she teases. Not this bull shit again. "I'm so close to killing you and burying you in the woods," I mutter.

"You're so sweet," she teases even more. "You're too annoying for my brain to handle," I mumble.

"What do you mean? I'm amazing," she grins. Pardon? "Yeah, so amazing that I want to shove your head underwater until the bubbles stop," I grumble.

"And they say romance is dead," she sighs happily. When will she stop with the love shit?

"I don't love you," I make known. "So sure?" she mocks.

"Is copying something you love to do for everyone or just me?" I tilt my head curiously. "Just you," she replies.

Wow. "I'm so honoured." I honestly feel special. Note the bloody sarcasm.

"You most definitely should be," she nods her head in agreement.

I stare at her and she stares back. Is she going to leave or...? "You know, I can easily kill you right now."

"You keep talking about killing me, it's almost as if you're trying to convince yourself you don't love me," she remarks.

What?

No.

Where did she get that from?

"Should I prove it to you by shooting you in the head?" I scoff. "I mean, I would prefer another way but I guess it's up to you," she shrugs.

"I'm going to leave now," I inform her as I walk away. "Adios," she waves, a slight smirk appearing on her face.

Now I'm going to get high on a roof of a tall building while thinking about what she said.

"It's almost as if you're trying to convince yourself you don't love me."

____________________________
| authors note |

OMLLL FIFTY K?? AHH U GUYS DONT UNDERSTAND HOW MUCH I LOVE YOUU!! THANK UU SMM 💘💘

word count | 2412

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

22.4K 566 34
Athena sage Rodríguez (𝐚𝐠𝐞 𝟐𝟓) is the leader of the Mexican mafia. When Her friends take her on a getaway to have fun and let loose but she does...
3.2K 70 28
Adaliah Cortez is the new leader of the Spanish mafia. She is rude, she doesn't hesitate to kill. Has many men falling to her feet with her looks. Bu...
352K 5.5K 31
✓ COMPLETED ✓ Started: 2nd NOV 2020 Finished: 23th AUG 2021 EDITING! I could feel his gaze on me as my hands slowly reached to the blood coming out...
30.9K 594 22
All it took was a storm to join their forces together, for better or for worse. ***** "You know that a Queen is nothing with out her King?"he says. S...