The Fire Within

By MC21_12

Book 1: Fire and Ice series. Twins Marina and Lukas Sloane, where taken from their father and brothers at a... More

Character list.
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Marinas new aethetic
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
New book
Update.
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chater 25
Update
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Book 2:
Heart of ice Update: Release date.

Chapter 13

5K 111 16
By MC21_12

Sometimes things just really need a redo...

I've been avoiding my family for the past few days, I have been focusing on putting my room together.

They knock every once and a while but I ignore them and keep the door locked, I have also been blasting music.

Finally my room is finished and it looks amazing.

This style:

(The bed and wall colour in the bottom with the vibes from the top two pics. Basically mix the three photos together and you have her room)
...anyway.

Currently it's the evening before my first day to school.

I'm chilling on the bed admiring my finished room when I hear a knock at the door. "Marina, dinner is ready and dad he wants to talk to you also." Lukas says through the door not even trying to see if it is locked.

I sigh and get off the bed going to the door and unlocking it.

I follow Lukas to the dining room where everyone is except Dante.

Shocker. My sarcasm is on another level.

Everyone is talking amongst themselves while I text Andrew about school. He and Hayley will be joining the same school as me tomorrow.

A moment later the maids bring in our food and we all dig in. "So Marina, are you nervous about tomorrow?" Nico says to me trying to start a conversation.
"Nope" I say popping off the 'p'.

Liar.

Shut up.

Can't.

*eye roll*

"Speaking of school, Marina I have a few rules while you are there. That you will follow." My 'Dad' says trying to insert his dominance.

I didn't answer rather gave him a look to say 'you really wanna do this again?'

"1) No skipping class or school.
2)  I want above a B+ in every class.
3) No boys or boyfriends.
4) No getting into fights.
5) Sit with your brothers at lunch.
6)No inappropriate clothing as there is no uniforms.
Am I understood." Sperm donor says sternly.

"Nope." I say again popping off the 'p'
"What do you mean no."
"Exactly what it sounds like...no."
"Want me to say it in a different language for you?"
"These are none negotiable terms, you will follow each and every rule."
"No" I say with an accent.
"That means no in Spanish."
"Marina." Marco says warning me to drop the attitude.

*eye roll*

"Roll your eyes one more time and see what happens." He says banging his fist on the table. Okay...okay I have to admit that tone made shivers run down my spine and judging from my brothers faces they had the exact same reaction as me.

Aurelio gave me a look that says 'you don't wanna know what he will do.'

Just because I won't talk back doesn't mean I'm following his stupid fucking rules.

"Whatever." I mumble, crossing my arms and slumping back in my chair. Yes I'm pouting and...
"Aww you are so adorable." Nico says to me pouting. I roll my eyes and glare at him.

"You are too cute." Now Aurelio is adding to teasing me.
"Shut the fuck up." I say
"Language. Little girls don't use such words." Romeo says scolding me like I'm 5.
"I'm not a little girl."
"Yes you are."
"I'm 15 not 5"
"Don't care your still too small to be talking like that."

I didn't even know what to say to that so I just scoffed at him and roll my eyes.
"And stop rolling your eyes it's getting very annoying." Romeo says sounding irritated.

"Ya know dads rule on boys means you can't talk to that boys from the mall." Aurelio says teasingly.

Snitch.

"What boy?!" Marco says sounding very angry. Romeo gives me a look of 'you better explain.'
"My friend. And I won't stop being friends with someone just because any of you tell me to." Now it's my turn to be stern.

"What is his name." Romeo asks.
"Well Marco should already know who he is seeing as he works with his parents. His name is Andrew stone." At the mention of their work they all go tense, even Lukas so I'm guessing he was informed of the mafia.

Fan-fucking-tastic.

"How would you know that about his parents." Lorenzo pipes up. "He told me." I say simply.

"Did he tell you anything else about the business or what we do." Now the are all nervously awaiting my response. I mean I could totally tell them I know...or...mess with them a little. 😏

"Nope. Why, should I ask him to tell me more?"
I say playing innocent. Before I even finish my sentence I hear a bunch of frantic 'no's!'

"Listen bambina, all you need to know is that I, as well as your oldest brothers run a chain of famous casinos and hotels around the world that are very successful. If that boy tells you different he is just trying to mess with you. If you have anymore questions ask one of us not that boy."

Wow that was a great performance. Almost like it was rehearsed...probably practiced in the mirror.

Lol

"Oh okay, that's cool I guess." I shrug my shoulders playing dumb.
I need a drink.
Bitch ass alcoholic.
Shut up bitch.
Can't bitch I'm you.

*eye roll*

After finishing dinner I make my way to go back up stairs. "Marina?" I hear my name being called from downstairs. I turn around and see Lukas Aurelio and Nico standing there.

"What?" I say.
"Ummm we were wondering if you wanna watch a movie with us?" Lukas say softly.

I swear sometime it's like we switched personalities or some shit. He got soft while I got cold.

"Has Dante told you what I want to know?" I question crossing my arms still on the stairs.
"Uh well...no." They say.
"Well then...nope I don't wanna watch a movie with you guys. I'm going to bed." I say turning around and heading to my room.

* Dante's pov: *

I left the house before dinner. Everyone is giving me the cold shoulder since Marina's ultimatum. If they are not ignoring me, they are yelling at me or punching me in Lukas' case.

I can't really blame the though, I know I'm an ass and that I deserve it but I had my reasons even if they where selfish.

I've been driving around for a few hours now, I'm going to be in so much more trouble for breaking the rules of my punishment but I don't care I needed to clear my head.

I hate her so much!

But I also love her with everything in me!

She reminds me of mom.

She looks exactly like her. I hate her for being with mom when I couldn't. I miss her so much and ever time I look at Marina I see her and I get angry.

Lukas looks like dad so it doesn't bother me as much but whenever I look at her all I wanna do I yell at her and be mean to her.

That's why I got her send away because I was a pussy and couldn't take it. She was so kind and happy, everything I imagined our mother to be. She got to be with her and I didn't.

It's not even a good excuse and I don't want to tell her or any of them, but if I don't then I'm afraid I'll break my family even more than it already is.

I need to tell them and fix everything I've done, I need to swallow my pride and put my family back together.

Tomorrow at dinner I'll tell everyone.

I need to heal my family...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

Runners By Lbooks01

Teen Fiction

8.9K 176 32
They balance each-other out. One the calm, the other the storm. Except when they don't. Except when she loses it and makes the place burn...literally...
137K 3.1K 47
Fiery from the damage her so called family caused... She needs too escape but how? Lena's foster family ends up dead ending her abuse only too be thr...
1M 31.9K 80
Being alone? Check. Being afraid? Check. Being abused? Check times 3. Honestly, my life wasn't this bad before, not until I ended in foster care... S...
2M 51.2K 95
Alexa and Alesa Romano are the only daughters of the Romano family They grew up without their 7 brothers.. After the divorce of their parents. The...