Corrupted Civilization

By ARandomNon-B

What would happen if Mumei got abandoned from the Council and reached to the point where she could just die... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39

Chapter 21

1.1K 50 15
By ARandomNon-B

A flower field, an extraordinary on top of it. She opened her eyes, sitting to look around the valley she was laid at.

"W-where am I ?", she asked to herself while rubbing her head, she had a headache. Her blue orbs wandered around, spotting a tree alone in the distance. She stood up, making sure not to fall back on the ground by how dizzy she was. Step by step, she walked slowly till she reached the large tree, someone was sitting underneath it. When she was near the tree, blue orbs met golden-brown eyes, the woman jumped from shock and surprise who was sitting calmly.

"Oh hi Kronii, it's been a long time", the girl said in a soft voice, the woman just stood there in silence, nothing was coming out of her mouth. The girl just gave the warden a soft smile as answer to the shocked woman.

"Come, sit here", the girl patted the grass next to her, Kronii didn't know what to do as she was in a shocked state. Yet she decided to do as the girl told her, she sat down, hugging her knees.

"Kronii, look up...the sky is beautiful, isn't it ?", the girl smiled, pointing up to the clear blue sky. Again, the warden did as she told her. Up her head stared at the sky, so stunning and beautiful it made Kronii gaze at it. She fell in her thoughts, why was she there ? Why was this girl with her ? She needed answers. Kronii's blue orbs met the girl's golden-brown eyes again, such sweet and kind of eyes she had.

"W-where are we ?", Kronii gave a confused look, this moment wasn't meant to happen.

"We are at a random valley, chilling down a tree, I guess so", the girl answered, the silly soft voice made Kronii think of the old days. She gave a glare to the girl, she wasn't kidding.

"Okay okay, I'm joking, this is your dream...only that you gotta survive here with me", the girl said, giving a small sigh, this conversation shouldn't absolutely happen at all.

"What you mean with survive here with you ?"

"Kronii, you are in a coma, so here we are at this place", the girl answered, looking around her. Kronii did the same, just what did Kronii think of ? She had absolutely no idea, only that this talk shouldn't happen now.

"The only thing I'm not so sure of, why me ?", the girl asked with a sad smile, gazing at the warden's blue orbs. Kronii's lips twitched, she was about to cry hard. Before the tears could escape her eyes, Kronii hugged the girl tightly, as to never let her go away from her anymore.

"Mumei...I missed you, I-I just-", Mumei interrupted her. The guardian even broke the hug and looked at those beautiful blue orbs full of hope and sorrow.

"Kronii, don't, this talk shall happen in real life, not in this dream", the brown-haired girl explained with a sad smile, Kronii kept crying hard.

"But Mumei-"

"No buts Kronii, let's enjoy this moment as long as we can", suggested Mumei, trying to cheer up the mood. The warden of time stayed quiet for a moment, but then gave a nod in silence. Just like before, they both enjoyed the view into the pretty blue sky. They stayed quiet for a long time, before Kronii broke the silence.

"Mumei ? Do you think I was rude back then ?", the sense of guilt hit the woman hard, Mumei only looked at Kronii with a confused look.

"What you mean with back then ?"

"That moment...before the escalation...", Kronii covered her face into her knees, making Mumei unable to look at the facial expression she was doing. The girl was thinking hard, what was Kronii talking about ? Suddenly it hit her mind, Mumei's lips formed an o-shape in realization.

"Oh you mean the kiss ?", Mumei asked curiously, Kronii grabbed her legs tighter, the girl hit the bullseye. There was no need to pretend, the brown-haired girl smiled softly.

"Kronii, nothing was your fault and you know that..."

"But Mumei, that kiss...it was before the complete escalation, how could that kiss not have affected you ?", Kronii's heart was breaking in pieces, never did she think she would admit her feelings without a second thought.

"We can kiss again, so that maybe I won't feel lonely anymore...", she added, her face approaching the girl's face bit by bit. Their lips were so near, they could feel each other's breath. However, the kiss never happened, Mumei pushed Kronii away, leaving the warden in disbelief of that kind of disapproval.

"Mumei...why ?", Kronii asked, still crying from the whole mixed emotions she was feeling.

"Kronii, don't do something you might regret later...you know as much as I do, I'm only your desires and your imagination...I'm not Mumei..."

"Then at least pretend to be her, my heart aches as much as it does already, this isn't fair...why me, just why...", Kronii's sentence slowly broke as she cried much harder, the feeling of heartbreak covered her mind and dominated her emotions. The only thing Mumei could do was hugging the warden in a soft manner, the embrace comforted the woman as she cried into Mumei's shoulder.

"I'm sorry Kronii, that's why I told you...you gotta survive a bit with me here...", murmured the brown-haired girl with a sad tone in her voice, Kronii had to keep herself mentally stable if she would escape from this coma...

"Haaa...that was a nice shower, I feel refreshed", exclaimed Laplus as she was drying her wet body, Reine was wearing her clothes already. The green tank top and the black shorts were hugging the woman's body just fine, making both the HoloX members almost drool like a pervert. Her pistol was on a pocket around her thighs, a large rifle around her chest area. After they finished their shower together, Reine joined in on their mission.

"Well, you seem protected Reine", commented Koyori on Reine's pistol and rifle, she wondered how many people she killed already with the guns she owned.

"Oh, you mean my Pindad SS2, or my Pindad G2 ?", Reine looked at her guns, probably looking at her other thigh too, which had a tanto knife safely in another pocket. The coyote looked respectfully at the white-haired woman's thighs, which made Reine herself take a glimpse over Koyori's eyes.

"Why you looking like that ? Want to touch ?", Reine asked with a smug on her lips, the coyote blushed a deep red on her cheeks.

"N-no, I'm not that lewd", stuttered Koyori in panic, the woman laughed in amusement.

"I meant my knife, I don't mind", Reine laughed as she could see how redder her cheeks got, she was very easy to tease. So Reine took out the tanto knife and handed it over to Koyori. Suddenly after a slight touch of their hands, she felt it, this strange energy, the strange warmth...

"Reine...you are one of us ?", Koyori asked in surprise, letting the knife fall to the ground. The woman only had a puzzled look on her face, what the coyote meant with that sentence was out of her reach to understand.

"One of you ? What you mean with that ?", Reine asked, still confused what was going on. Koyori took a deep breath before explaining everything to her, from how they would exist and how they were hidden from humanity, to how every individual had their own powers. Reine just shook in disagreement, there was absolutely no way she had inhuman superpowers.

"There's just no way I have them, if I have them, prove it", exclaimed Reine, waiting for the prove, Koyori just looked at Laplus, she needed help from the leader. Laplus, the wise leader of HoloX thought hard for a solution, which after several minutes popped into her mind.

"Reine, hug me, I'm gonna prove it to you", ordered Laplus as the tall woman had to kneel down to hug the shorty. Laplus was offended, but decided letting to go for today, she rather felt the strange energy flow and warmth that the coyote said before. However, if Reine felt the same, it was a different story. Now was the moment of truth...

"So Reine, how do you feel ?", asked Koyori curiously, the woman seemed taken by surprise.

"I feel...strange, did you drug me ?", Reine asked, giving a small hint of anger in her voice. Laplus broke immediately the hug, scared the woman could do something to her. They shook their head in panic as they saw how Reine took out her pistol, the woman was serious and totally about to shoot a bullet at Laplus.

Reine pulled the trigger of her Pindad G2 and a loud bang deep inside the forest was heard. Yet no one was injured, the kind eyes Koyori had turned into serious ones, she protected the small leader with a thick pixelated wall, they could see the bulled in between those walls. Reine was caught of guard as she didn't expect this result, mostly when she saw Laplus' hands forming into two balls of darkness.

"We came in peace, another bullet and we have to apologize to either kill you or abandon you", responded Koyori seriously to the action Reine did, the woman turned sweaty, the stress and nervous sweat kicked in. Nobody moved for a couple of seconds, it was silent too.

"Okay I apologize, I take the pistol away, how did you do that ?", Reine admitted defeat and packed her pistol back to her thigh pocket, Koyori and Laplus did the same with their powers.

"We are the chosen-ones, you are too, that feeling was the prove, a sign for us to acknowledge our friends", explained Laplus in a serious tone, she was so disappointed at Reine's harmful act of almost killing them both.

"But...I don't have any powers.."

"Yes you do, you just haven't released them yet", Koyori tried hard to explain so that Reine would understand, but she pulled her emotions down, making it harder for her to release her potential.

"How do I even get my powers ?", Reine asked in a frustrated tone, she really wanted to control her powers as soon as possible.

"There's only one way...", Laplus paused, looking around the place, she felt unsafe. She thought maybe the loud bang of Reine's pistol made strangers around them attentive, hopefully not.

"What Laplus wants to say was hope...a lot of hope and a strong release of energy, it has to be at a critical situation...hopefully you only think of saving the ones you care for instead of the opposite..", Koyori continued, mumbling the rest of the sentence so it wouldn't be audible for the white-haired woman.

"Well...lets see, shall we keep going ?", Reine asked, both of the girls didn't follow when the woman walked to the other direction. She thought why they wouldn't say, nor go with her...then it hit her head, she shot at them, obviously they wouldn't go with her.

"Oh yeah, I'm deeply sorry for the incident, I thought you did something to me, I reacted wrong", Reine apologized, feeling the guilt at maximum. Laplus and Koyori looked at each other, nodding in approval to follow her and get along with her. Reine saw them approach the tall woman, the feeling of relief made her sigh long. They were on their way towards the depths of the forest as a team of three.

Meanwhile at the council place, Kanata and Aqua were busy with healing the warden and the new visitor they got. Calliope was busy too, with her death reports. Even Kiara helped her out with the reports, they were at Calli's office, the council made a special room just for her. Hours and days, both of them stayed inside the office and worked hard on the reports, Kanata and Aqua did the same at the nursing room.

The rest of them were just walking here and there, making themselves busy at the council. Since nobody of the council was in the outside world anymore, they didn't have to guard over the walkie-talkie anymore. Gura and Fauna were bored, they sat in the meeting room and talked about different topics. Suddenly a familiar voice was heard at the entrance of the meeting room...

"Ayo, what happened everyone ?", it was Baelz, she woke up, her energy was restored normally to her body again. She received two big hugs from the keeper and shark, in confusion she looked at them.

"Jesus, what happened you two ?"

"Baeeee, welcome back, you passed out from no energy inside your body", Fauna explained excitedly, chaos remembered what happened before she collapsed.

"Right, the creature, it's dead right ?", Bae asked happily, since no living thing could survive that enormous explosion she made. However, Fauna and Gura broke the hug, they shut their mouths and got quiet.

"Right ?", Bae repeated herself, the room got much more tense as the silence from both of them grew. Chaos felt the answer to her question was the opposite.

"So what did I miss ?"

"The monster was an owl when you fought it...and it shape-shifted right after you were unconscious into what Miko and Aqua saw", Fauna explained, Bae was terrified, even her strongest attack didn't kill that thing. The room was silent yet again, making Bae realize something...where was IRyS ? She clearly didn't see her.

"Wait, where's IRyS ?"

"She's recovering now from the energy loss she has now, she had to use her potential change...so we got a new visitor here, plus Kronii is heavily injured, so let we do Kanata and Aqua their duty", explained Gura calmly, but Baelz wasn't calm at all, she felt rather furious, her blood was boiling.

"How did this happen ? How could something like this happen ?", Bae asked angrily, bursting out of the meeting room. She was looking for her wife and the rest of the group, she hated the regret inside her.

"Wow, why does everyone judge me today ? Am I doing something wrong ?", Gura asked, confused how already twice in one day she got griped by two council members.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

10.9K 489 25
{Mumei x OC} {Book 1/3} Civilization is destroyed, forcing humankind back to the Jurassic period, and it's Leo's fault. So don't you think it's a t...
10.3K 384 16
A young mute boy just trying to survive this whole thing we call life, and is currently up against his toughest challenge yet...high school. Not only...
1.5K 83 13
First Published: December 2023 [Micomet ホロライ] "Business Partner" That's how easy it is to explain their relationship. Nothing more nothing less. Sui...
57.6K 1.1K 49
Izuku Midoriya struggled with life, to say the least, ever since he was announced quirkless,he lost everyone,everyone that he cared for.His best frie...