Her Mr. Right

By HumbleWinner

She had always heard, "Her Mr. Right would bring shimmering stars from the sky while she can just sit back an... More

|Character Aesthetics|
The Metro Ride 🚇
His Hopeful Words 😍
Hi, Nice to meet you, Sneha 😜
Walk with eyes open, miss 😉
Her family 👪
Tangerine Hues 🧡
Fluttering hearts 💕
Her Turmoil 🙁
Budding Emotions 💞
A Step Closer 💕
From Sir to Arjun 😜
Over a Cup of Tea 🍵
Heartstrings Finally Pulled 💞
Heartbreak or Realization??...💔
A Miserable Dinner 🤬
Her Messiah 🤠
Serene Walk Together 👫
Her Vile Mother 😑
Getting closer and comfortable 💞
The Right Push 🙃
Inner Demons 😈
Is everything okay? 😅
What is it, Neha? 🤔
Slow down a bit 😅
Uncertain yet, certain 🙃
Date or Mess? 🤣
Messy Date 😐
Confident Neha 🥰
Stupid Arjun 😖
The adamant Mrinalini 😍
Desperate Neha and Stupider Arjun 🤣
Greedy Neha and Stupidest Arjun 🤗
Heartbreak 💔
Angry Confrontation 😠
Confessions 💕
The three magical words 🌹
Kiss under the Night Sky 😘
💕Valentine's Day Special💕
Kiss Me 🙈
Feeling Loved 😍
Meeting Atul 💕
Teasing Him 🙈
NEW STORY!!!!
Confident Neha 💙
The Rahul Fiasco 😔
Misunderstandings 😞
Leap of Faith - I 💫
Letting him in 💚
Leap of Faith - II 🌟
The Unexpected Storm 🌩
A Toxic Relationship 😔
Ray of Hope ✨️
The Revelation 💌
The Decision 💞
Preparations ✨️
Silence before the Storm 🌀
Advent of Storm 🚩
Storm Subsided?... 🌩
Hurricane 🌀
Dilemma 👐
His Bride ♥️
Epilogue ❤️

Her Birthday 🎂

2.6K 240 68
By HumbleWinner

Neha sighed when her mother called again. She did not receive the call for she did not want to ruin her special day. Yes, it was her birthday today. Her mother called her on every birthday and wished her, but along with those wishes came a long list of curses which she despised.

She was pretty excited this year. Despite, she had not told Arjun anything about her birthday but she had a small hope in her heart. She wanted him to make her day a special one. It was a working day and she got dressed in a new pink Luckhnavi kurta her sister had sent for her as the birthday gift.

Leaving her wet hair open, she applied a little darker shade of pink lipstick, a smile playing on her lips reminiscing the kisses she had shared with Arjun. Relishing the crimson hues on her cheeks, she headed for work. As usual, it was Arjun who picked her. However, much to her dismay, the journey towards the Federal Bank of India was a silent one.

Her smile faltered and her heart fell, when Arjun did not even wish her. The rational side of her mind was constantly telling her that perhaps, he did not know however, her heart was keeping high expectations specially after the Valentine’s Day surprise.

Arjun, on the other hand, was not feeling good today. With a terrible fever and a bit of temperature, he wanted to skip work but the idea of telling Neha that she should go alone today, did not settle well with him. Putting up a smile, he had got dressed and now he was driving to the bank.

It was Piya who called her sister and as soon as Neha received the call, she sang ‘Happy Birthday Dear’. Despite, Neha had lowered the volume but still, Arjun had heard the cheerful ‘happy’. He wondered what it was today.

He was sure, it was neither Holi or Diwali. It was fifth day of March. He was sure it was nothing special about today. After Neha ended the conversation, he curiously asked, “What is it today?”

“Wednesday”, she replied pissed off.

“O! Happy Wednesday”, Arjun sang, teasing her only to get a smack on his shoulder. “Don’t talk to me”, Neha whined and he whistled enjoying the banter. However, his joy was short-lived as Neha chose to stay quiet throughout the journey. Her day was ruined, sadly.

Arjun had been sitting in his office when he received the letter from Mumbai Branch. There was a World Finance Banking Symposium to be held in Mumbai and every manager was asked to recommend one person from their department. While many managers had decided to attend the conference themselves, Arjun had recommended the name of Neha, for she was the most diligent person he had met in the branch. It was indeed, an important event for her career. Finally, the list of selected candidates had arrived and he was elated to see her name in the list.

He was going to call her and inform her about the same when peon entered inside his cabin. “Sir, please have lunch in the cafeteria today”, the peon said.

“Why?” He asked amused. “Was it something special today?” He asked himself.

“Sir, it is Neha madam’s birthday and Juhi madam has arranged a small get together during lunch”, peon informed nonchalantly and it was then, realization dawned him. O! Lord, he was doomed. He had forgotten the birthday of his lady. Cursing himself, he browsed the internet to know what he should gift to his girlfriend.

Jewellery, dress, date, spa appointment and other gifting ideas did not attract him. It was then he realized that he had the best gift for Neha. All he needed was to act a bit and show that he wanted to surprise her.

He continued to browse the internet though, searching for an impeccable gift when he found a beautiful necklace, as elegant as her however, the same-day delivery was impossible. Winding up his work, he quickly rushed to the nearest brand store and finally was able to find something similar to that elegant piece after an hour-long search. It was quarter to one and lunch began sharp at one.

Thankfully he managed to reach back on time, relieved that he had a gift for his woman. His face red, he panted. His temperature had rose up. Gulping a paracetamol, he put up a smile and rushed to pantry where Neha’s colleagues had contributed together for a few gifts and bouquets. He was clearly embarrassed having came empty-handed.

Neha had arranged a treat for everybody while her friends had brought a cake for her. Amidst those claps and smiles, Neha gleefully cut the chocolate cake, feeding Juhi and Swati, angrily glaring at Arjun who scratched the back of neck in embarrassment.

“Happy birthday Neha”, Arjun wished her and she simply, nodded, not even whispering a thank you. He chuckled shaking his head, thankfully he had an ace card.

Demanding everyone’s attention, he announced, “So finally I have received the list of the people attending the World  Finance Banking Symposium and I am elated to inform that Ms. Neha Gupta will be representing our department”.

Everyone cheered for her and she smiled. Her heart fluttered looking at Arjun who winked at her, bringing a pleasant smile on her lips. Her legs turned wobbly and her heart melted when he walked away making a flying kiss gesture towards her.

Arjun slumped on the ergonomic chair in his cabin, fatigue and fever seeping in, making it unbearable for him to sit for longer period, still he texted her, ‘See you at eight, beautiful’ with an heart emoji. All he wanted was, her to feel happy.

‘Thank you for the surprise, Arjun. The reservation in Symposium is the best gift I could ever receive.’ She replied after a while. Arjun did not want to hide the truth but he decided to go with the flow. He tried to concentrate on work but he was feeling too restless so he left for home.

Neha was overjoyed. She delved into the official records to find Arjun’s birthday. She too needed to make him feel good on his special day. She got engrossed in work till it was the time to leave. She frowned to see that Arjun had left early.

Neha reached her home by six and started to get ready. She decided to go with a purple coloured cotton kurta and comfortable leggings. She was expecting a late night stay. Chit-chatting with her siblings, she decided to leave at seven, quite impatient to meet Arjun.

Arjun, on the other hand, had gulped another paracetamol and ordered dinner from a Chinese outlet. As soon as he received the food and a little heart-shaped strawberry cake, the doorbell rang again. Exhausted, he wanted to just sleep but he could not let Neha not celebrate her birthday with him.

He smiled gently at Neha. “Why is your face this red?” She asked, concerned, standing at the door.

“Come in”, he greeted her, refraining to hug her, pissing her off. He was burning with fever. Thankfully, Bruno broke their little moment, jumping with joy looking at Neha. She ruffled the golden hair of the cute dog who hugged her as if his life was dependent on her.

Chit-chatting for a while, Arjun made Neha cut the cake and she fed him with love, glad to have him in her life. They relished the dinner but Neha did not feel happy. Somewhere, Arjun seemed lost and he was getting on her nerves. Not willing to ruin the evening, she silently munched the food. Arjun too take some in his plate after giving Bruno his meal in his bowl.

Her appetite was long forgotten when she saw Arjun playing with the food in her plate. She wanted to shout at him and confront at him that what was wrong but she did not want to ruin her first birthday she was celebrating with him. She took the dishes and decided to wash them while Arjun followed her, stopping her.

“I will do”, she whined, already angry at him. He was already exhausted to argue so he headed to make Bruno sleep. It was then he remembered that he had forgotten the gift he had got for her. Facepalming himself, he sighed and rushed to get her present. She was still doing the dishes when he showed her a beautiful pearl necklace, just as elegant as her.

“Thank you, Arjun but I personally liked the another gift. Thank you for recommending my name.” She chirped, putting up a smile saddened that his smile was not reaching his eyes.

“You are the most passionate one in the department. You deserve that.” Arjun replied, holding the kitchen counter. His legs wobbly and his head dizzy, his temperature had shot up. He would have lost his consciousness if he had not held the kitchen counter.

“Did you like this?” He asked, his eyes twinkled, excited to know her opinion on his choice. She nodded thanking him, drying the cleaned dishes.

“Please try”, he requested, pouting, elated to see her happy. She slid off her hair on her shoulder, putting her neck on display. “Make me wear this pretty gift, dear”, she offered, putting up a smile, curious to know why Arjun was not himself.

Arjun gulped. Driven by carnal desires, he made her wear the pretty necklace with radiant Akoya pearls. As his fingers met her soft skin to clasp the hook, she could feel the heat.

“O! God, Arjun, you ae burning”, she exclaimed, turning towards him, her cold hands touching his hot forehead, while he nodded, closing his eyes in exhaustion.

Dragging him to his room, worried, she murmured, “So this is why you seem so zoned out”.

“I am sorry, I did not want to ruin your birthday but since morning, I am not keeping well”, he blabbered, embarrassed and Neha was touched. Never in her life, had someone gone to such extent just to make her smile. She had turned thirty but no one had made her feel so special.

“Are you mad?” She chuckled, pecking his cheek. “Birthday will be coming next year too but your health is important”, she schooled.

Instructing him to lie down, she rushed to kitchen to make some soup for him since he had not eaten properly. When Arjun followed her, she glared at him, asking him to take rest, making him remember his strict mother who too would have reacted similarly.

Within fifteen minutes, she rushed to his bedroom with a bowl of soup while he had slept, burning in fever. She woke him up and made him drink the healthy vegetable soup while he complained of the soup being bland like a kid. After making him take the medicines after a while, she placed the cold compress on his forehead while he complained, “I am really sorry for ruining your day”.

“Shut up and sleep”, she said, pecking his forehead. She drifted to sleep beside him after making sure that his fever had subsided. She was satisfied to love this man who had tried to make her feel special despite, high fever.

••••••••••••♥️••••••••••••

H

ello everyone!

So sorry for the delay. I was bit busy😅

Actually I was overjoyed to have received a good news last week. Its just as if I am a step towards my goal. I request you all, to please pray for me so that I am able to complete my goal and share the reason of joy. I will probably share the good news by May, guys!! Pretty excited!!!! 🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰

Any idea, why your author comes up with fever on birthdays? 🤣

Because, your pretty (okay, not so pretty 😅) author is down with fever 🙈

Anyway, I wish you a very HAPPY WOMEN'S DAY 💕

Share your views and do enjoy the song 😅

Don't judge my messy writing but I was too exhausted to type this after writing my diary.

I am burning with fever 🤒

Next update shall be before Saturday, pinky promise 🤗

With immense love, I sign off only to be back soon 💜

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

179K 12.7K 45
Two Verma sisters. Elder one is Ruhanika and the other one is Sitara. Despite sharing the same womb, they had quite different personalities and outlo...
1.7M 93.9K 79
Bhawna Sinha, Cute, lazy, silly, have crush on her handsome and charming neighbour Aryan Saxena who is ACP officer while she is studying in college. ...
45.5K 1.9K 32
Ava Shetty, a girl with an enchanting aura, had the power to sprinkle happiness wherever she went. With her protective older brother and loving paren...
836K 38.5K 54
"What the hell? Can't you drive properly huh? See you scratched my favourite car now what are you go.......Oh my goodness!" I came outside my car and...