stardust ⋮ george weasley

By itsnotgigii

⤷ "what i feel for you seems less of earth and more of cloudless heaven" - victor hugo ✰ [p.o.a. to d.h.] [g... More

S T A R D U S T
part 1 : the innocent
one :
two :
three :
four :
five :
six :
seven :
eight :
nine :
ten :
eleven :
twelve :
thirteen :
fourteen :
fifteen :
sixteen :
seventeen :
eighteen :
nineteen :
part 2 : the triwizard tournament
twenty :
twenty-one :
twenty-two :
twenty-three :
twenty-four :
twenty-five :
twenty-six :
twenty-seven :
twenty-eight :
twenty-nine :
thirty :
thirty-one :
thirty-two :
thirty-three :
thirty-four :
thirty-five :
thirty-six :
thirty-seven :
thirty-eight :
thirty-nine :
forty :
forty-one :
forty-two :
forty-three :
forty-four :
forty-five :
forty-six :
forty-seven :
part 3 : the final year
forty-eight :
forty-nine :
fifty :
fifty-one :
fifty-two :
fifty-three :
fifty-four :
fifty-five :
fifty-six :
fifty-seven :
fifty-eight :
fifty-nine :
sixty :
sixty-one :
sixty-two :
sixty-three :
sixty-four :
sixty-five :
sixty-six :
sixty-seven :
sixty-eight :
sixty-nine :
seventy :
seventy-one :
seventy-two :
seventy-three :
seventy-four :
seventy-five :
seventy-seven :
seventy-eight :
seventy-nine :
eighty :
eighty-one :
eighty-two :
eighty-three :
eighty-four :
part 4 : the war
eighty-five :
eighty-six :
eighty-seven :
eighty-eight :
eighty-nine :
ninety :
ninety-one :
ninety-two :
ninety-three :

seventy-six :

2.3K 95 10
By itsnotgigii

S E V E N T Y - S I X

⋮✰⋮

As the Rita Skeeter interview made its rounds around Hogwarts, Adeline could slowly start to see people looking at her differently. For once, they weren't avoiding looking in her the eye or sending snide looks behind her back as she passed them in the corridors. People still talked about her and Harry, but she had expected that. But for the first time in nearly a year, they didn't stare at her as if she was crazy or didn't believe her.

When Adeline happened to arrive at her Charms class early the day after the interview was published to ask Professor Flitwick about a second-year student she would be tutoring later that afternoon and about a song they were working on in choir, he nearly burst into tears at the sight of her. Then, right before all her fellow seventh years arrived, he pressed a box of sugar mice in her hands before squeaking and running off towards the front of the classroom. That same day, Professor Sprout had awarded her twenty points to Ravenclaw for handing her a tray of plants, and she was practically in tears as well.

Even Professor McGonagall had been kinder to Adeline on the first day of Transfiguration after the interview had been published, not speaking to her in the usual harsh tone she addressed almost everyone else in the class with.

Of course, not all the professors were pleased with Adeline and Harry. Professor Umbridge had become even harsher towards her in the following days, if that was even possible. Filch glared at her every time she passed him in the corridors, and even Mrs. Norris hissed at her each time they passed each other. Umbridge had put out yet another one of her decrees that none of the professors could say a word about the article, and the Quibbler was banned. Of course, that did little to stop everyone. Whether it be through hiding them in their dorms, disguising them in textbooks, or disguising them as textbooks.

Adeline didn't mind that. Not as much as it did at the beginning of the year, at least. She knew fully well that certain people would never believe her, no matter how much she insisted. But so many more were starting to doubt the Ministry and the Daily Prophet, which is all Adeline wanted for nearly a year.

Unfortunately, at the same time, Adeline still despised the amount of attention it brought her. About a week after the article was released, George found Adeline hiding away in the library. George didn't like being inside the library unless he was pranking someone with Fred. But with the amount of time Adeline spent there, he knew that it was one of the few places where he was guaranteed time with Adeline. Plus, even though George would never admit aloud, he sometimes liked the library. He rarely completed homework, but he would use the quiet environment to really hone in on some ideas for joke shop products.

They had been sitting in a comfortable silence for a while as they worked. Until, at least, George noticed that she seemed completely unfocused and dazed to the point where he wasn't sure she was actually studying. George poked her in the shoulder until she finally looked up and gave him her full attention. "You alright there, Addie? You've been staring at that page on Alihosty for more than five minutes."

Adeline snapped to reality. "What if I'm just trying to absorb all the information really well?"

He shook his head. "You're distracted. What's going on?"

"It's just been a week," She sighed, finally shutting her Herbology textbook. "You've heard what everyone's been saying. It's almost as much as when I first got released from the hospital wing last June."

"But are you doing alright? With...everything?"

"You can't treat me funny, too," Adeline murmured when she saw the worried look on George's face, fiddling with the sleeve of her knitted sweater. "Not when everyone at Hogwarts is treating me the same way. People start treating me strange and acting like I'm a different person. It makes me remember why I hate opening up so much in the first place."

"But there's some good things to come out of it, right? So many more people believe you and Harry now."

"That's probably the best part about this whole thing," She admitted before saying, "I just wish it didn't take me having to talk about one of the most traumatizing moments of my life to get that to happen."

Adeline looked back at George and hesitantly asked a question that had been on her mind since the moment she had told him everything that had happened in the garden. "You don't see me differently right?"

George hesitated, which made Adeline's stomach twist in on itself because out of all the people in her life, George was one of the few people she didn't want seeing her differently.

"If I'm honest, I do see you a little differently," George eventually admitted, making Adeline flinch slightly before he added, "But it's not a bad thing. You went through so much more than I even thought that night, and it makes you even braver to me because you still manage to push through everything."

"I think that's the best way you could've responded to that. How are you always so wonderful?"

"It's part of my charm, love," George grinned, leaning over to kiss her temple. As he pulled away, he gave a small tug on Adeline's ribbon, causing her to let out a small laugh of delight.

"This is going to sound really out of the blue..but you want to go to the Room of Requirement tonight?" When she saw George's raised brow and pleased look, she quickly added, "Sadly for you, it's not what you think. I just...I kind of want to fall asleep with you tonight and not be alone in bed in the dormitory."

George stared down at her silently for a few seconds too long, which made Adeline's nerves skyrocket as she – rather foolishly – began to wonder if that was a ridiculous question to ask George. Even after all the dates and stolen moments in hidden corridors, Adeline still found herself anxious at times that one of these days, George might grow tired of her and her problems and simply just leave her be.

"Saying that out loud made me sound so strange," She eventually whispered. "Please ignore that if you want to."

This seemed to snap George back into reality. "Why on Earth would I ignore that? You know I love to be with you."

"I don't know! Sometimes I get worried!"

"Merlin, Addie, of course I'd love to spend time with you tonight. Please stop panicking and thinking that I hate you," He reassured as he took her hand to his mouth and pressed a kiss to the back of it. "I'll stop by the kitchens and pick up some food. We can ditch dinner in the Great Hall and just spend the night together."

"Maybe a snog or two if you're exceptionally lucky," Adeline added, which made George's smile grow impossibly wider. "I swear, I'll put down my books for the night," She laughed, brushing her thumb against his knuckles. "I know you don't like the library, but it's sweet you're always here with me. I really appreciate it."

"I like spending the time with you, even if you ignore me for all your stupid books."

"My books are not stupid," Adeline shot back. Then, she looked back down at her messenger bag, noticed a certain book and admitted, "Well, the Defense book this year is the exception."

"Well I'm not going to argue with you on that," He agreed. George then picked his messenger bag off the ground and asked,

Adeline raised an eyebrow. "What gave you the idea that I'd be leaving the library any time soon? Tonight, yes. But right this very moment?"

"I thought you meant that we would go to the Room of Requirement now. Now you've got me all excited, and I'm stuck here with all these stupid books. This is an absolute betrayal."

"Give me an hour with my books. Then, I'm all yours, alright?"

"I thought I was already all yours, Addie," George teased as Adeline let out a small giggle. "Makes me doubt a lot of things you told me."

"Oh, come off it already," She laughed, reaching up to cup his cheek and pull his face closer to hers. "You know I mean everything I tell you."

"Don't I know it," He muttered as he closed the small gap between their lips and kissed her, managing to distract Adeline from her studies for just a few moments more.

⋮✰⋮

a/n:

hi guys !!

i'm basically working a full time job this summer that has me slammed !! i love it but boy oh boy am i Exhausted.

i hope you all enjoyed this lil' chapter and that you have a lovely day !! i'll see you at the next update !!

- g

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

57.5K 1.5K 82
***Not Edited: Read with that in mind*** You practically grew up a Weasley. Living right down the hill with your muggle parents, you were always curi...
27.3K 370 73
"I'm sorry, I just... remembered something," she muttered as her fingers traced the scars on her throat. He placed his hands on her shoulders before...
71.8K 2.1K 53
"Be a good girl and listen" his voice was cold yet demanding and dominate "Y-Yes" I felt my breath hitch as I suddenly felt small Her name is Syden...
1.3K 67 16
Lily's life with her twin brother has been boring but calm. Mostly. After getting accepted into Hogwarts, she's pushed away by the only person she ne...