Foster Family

By smilemore954

Louis had been in foster care since he was a kid. Each home had turned out the same, either miserable or abus... More

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23

8

6.9K 185 32
By smilemore954

Louis's POV:

"Be quiet you dickhead you are going to wake him." I hear Marcel's voice say in a whispered tone, pulling me out of my sleep.

"No, you are going to wake him up if you don't quit touching him so much," Harry whispers back in a sassed tone.

I keep my eyes closed, not wanting to interrupt their conversation by letting them know I am awake.

"Don't say it like that you perv, I am just rubbing his back trying to keep him asleep and comforted unlike you," Harry argues.

I was curious to know what they were even talking about and where Edward was, I was still wrapped up in Marcel's arms in bed, so I couldn't feel if there was the weight of another body around us.

I could sense that we were now laid down when I realized that my body was just fully on top of Marcel's with his arms still around my waist. My embarrassment seems to bubble back up when I remember how I got here in the first place last night.

"What is that supposed to mean? How am I not comforting him? I would never do anything to make him uncomfortable." Marcel says, immediately getting very defensive at the accusation.

"Oh yeah, I'm sure there wasn't a single time he tried to roll off of you last night," Harry says in a mocking tone.

"You are just jealous because I got to hold him all night and you didn't. So once again fuck off and be quiet, he doesn't have to be up for twenty more minutes." Marcel ends the whispered argument with his brother.

I hear Harry let out a frustrated sigh but doesn't say anything else.

I don't like knowing that I am the source of their disagreement.

After a few moments of silence between the two I twinkle my eyes open, the two boys notice almost immediately.

"Well good morning sunshine. We didn't wake you did we?" Harry asks, his tone so much softer than the one he used with his brother.

"Morning, no, I just woke up," I say lying, not wanting to start another argument for them.

"Hm alright good. Are you hungry? Edward is downstairs making you some breakfast, he should be up here soon." Marcel says, playing with my hair a little bit.

"Oh that was sweet, thank you guys," I say shyly, feeling flustered at how much they seemed to care.

"Of course darling, how are you feeling?" Harry asks, subtly hinting back to what happened last night.

I press my lips together awkwardly.

"Better, I'm sorry again for bothering you guys," I say, the guilt creeping back a bit.

"Never. We always want you to come to us when something is wrong, we want to take care of you bug." Marcel says kindly.

That still confuses me, why do they have any interest in being so nice to me? I decide to not say anything about it, not wanting to jinx it.

But I just don't understand, most people don't like me. I mean just that kid at school yesterday- wait, school.

I abruptly pull off of Marcel's chest and sit up, ignoring the fact that I was now straddling his laid-down body.

"W-what time is it?" I say, slightly in distress.

It is only the second day of school, I can't be late again.

"It's only 6:50 love, you still have a few more minutes until you need to start getting ready, don't worry," Marcel says as he pulls me back down onto his chest.

I let out the breath I was holding as I relax back onto his large frame, I don't know why I am not feeling one hundred times more nervous about our bodies being pressed together like this. I don't understand why it is so comforting.

Edward then walks back into the room, a tray of food in hand.

"Oh, you're up, good morning Lou." Edward says, setting the food on the side table.

"Good morning Eddie, thank you for the food and uh last night," I say as I pull myself out of Marcel's hold and sit on the edge of the bed.

Marcel groans a little bit as I pull away, making my face flush red.

"My pleasure, but where are you going, you have to eat Bub," Edward says at my moments.

I grab a piece of toast off of the dish before standing up, cringing when I notice that I am still in my school clothes from yesterday, falling asleep before I was able to change last night.

"Just to get ready for school. I can't be late again but thanks for the breakfast again." I smile slightly and head out of the room before they can say anything else nearly shocking myself with the slight surge of confidence I just had.

I took a shower before throwing my only other pair of skinnies on before throwing a t-shirt over top which I have actually had since my mom was still around, I am surprised to see it still fits but honestly, even if it didn't I wouldn't let it go, its one of the last pieces of her I have and I will never ever let it go.

I pack my backpack up, smiling when I notice the new pile of school supplies that Sadie must have bought me yesterday, I had never had anyone do such sweet gestures as this family has done. I will be sure to thank her.

"Lou babe, ready to go?" I hear Harry's voice say from outside of my bedroom.

"Yeah coming, sorry one sec," I say as I fling my bag over my shoulder.

Their eyes trail up and down my body once I open the door, making me feel slightly self-conscious.

"Our pretty boy." Marcel breaths out, making me smile a little and look down.

A few seconds later they seem to be knocked out of their trance and we make our way downstairs and out to the car.

The car ride was nothing out of the ordinary, the triplets said a couple of things every few moments, trying to hold my attention but all my responses were short, my mind was too focused on having to go to school in a few minutes and see that boy.

"Okay Love we will pick you up like we did yesterday okay. Please be safe and call us if anything happens, okay?" Edward says as he parks the car in the same spot he did yesterday.

I nod.

"You are going to have an amazing day Lou, we will miss you," Marcel says, handing me my backpack as I hop out of the car.

I nod again, trying to not show my nerves.

I felt slightly guilty about being so cold to them but I can't even pull my mind to focus on anything other than that boy and seeing him today, my stomach feels like a pit.

There are much fewer eyes on me now than there were yesterday, it calmed me slightly, maybe that boy wasn't even going to remember me or something, no one else seems to.

I made my way through the school doors when I am greeted by a friendly voice.

"Hey Louis," I turn to find the energetic blonde that I had met yesterday.

"Oh, hi Niall." I smile as he steps over to me.

"You alright mate? You look a bit.. on edge." He says, his voice rather slow speaking.

God, do I look that bad?

"No, I'm fine, just thinking about homework." I lie terribly, I have always been horrid at that.

I can tell he doesn't believe me but thankfully doesn't push it.

"Okay I'm glad then, I would offer to help you with your work but I think I would probably end up doing more harm than good." He laughs, patting my shoulder.

I find myself authentically laughing at his statement.

Niall was a third-year like I was, he is so funny and confident, I don't understand why he has any interest in being friends with me.

"Alright mate, I gotta get to class, I'm already on thin ice with this teacher but I'll see you at lunch right?" He confirms with a smile.

"Right," I say while nodding a bit.

He ruffled my hair a smidge before turning and walking off to his class, leaving me to go to my own.

However, I wasn't even able to start my walk when my shirt sleeve is aggressively yanked towards someone.

"Thought I told you to keep your head down kid." I cringe as the voice of the older boy rings through my ears.

"I-I was just talking-" I start off but he just shakes his head,

"I don't care what you were doing fag, I care that I told you to keep a low profile and you are cracking up with some loud kid making a whole scene. Once again, I don't know who the fuck you think you are." He says as he pulls my head up to him as he practically yells into my ear.

"I don't think I'm anything, I don't understand what you are talking about," I say, knowing that it will probably get me in trouble but I just don't get what I did to this kid.

"Oh my god doesn't play some dumb little innocent act, I'm not a fucking retard. I knew your brothers, those dicks beat the shit out of me just cause I talked trash to their faggot asses friend like once. Don't you bring their shit back here and think that you rule the school or something just cause of your last name." He explains, getting spit on my face as he yells.

I cower down and try my best to turn away but he just pulls me closer and closer.

I don't understand what is even going on. Dicks? Beat him up? My triplets wouldn't hurt a fly, they are gentle giants. I guess that they were popular or something and that is why he doesn't like them but I don't have any intentions of messing with this boy's reputation or whatever he is trying to defend.

"I'm sorry for whatever they did to you but I promise you I have no intention of messing anything up for you," I say, my voice trembling as he looks down at me.

"You are already messing it up, you are all everyone is talking about. Fucking 'little Styles' this and that like I can't hear about it anymore, I told you to keep a low profile and you somehow managed to make the entire school not be able to shut their mouths about you." He says, shaking my body aggressively as his grip moves to my shoulder and squeezes it much too hard causing me to cry out a bit.

"Shut the fuck up" He silences me, just gripping tighter.

I don't understand why being a new kid is such a big deal, I wasn't trying to get in anyone's way but I seemed to have managed to anger this boy pretty bad.

I am at a loss of what to say to this boy, I have no chance of defending myself especially if I don't even know what I am defending myself for.

He scoffs at my lack of response before gripping the sleeve of my shirt somehow managing to make a big rip in it and pushing me to the group. He then walks off, leaving me sitting on the floor in a state of shock.

Everyone had already gone to class so once again no one had seemed to witness this kid's actions. Not that they would care anyway, they shouldn't care.

My hand reaches for my sleeve and I feel my lip quiver when I find my shirt from my mother ripped and ruined. Through the large rip, there is a purple bruise forming, matching the one that he gave me yesterday on my other arm.

It hurt a crap ton but I'm honestly am more scared and confused than anything. There was no escaping this kid, what if he was going to do this every day? I just know he will and I don't even know what I did to make him so miserable.

He didn't like that I was talking to Niall this morning, is that the problem? He doesn't want me to be friends with him? But how does that link back to Harry, Marcel, and Edward?

He must have been a first-year while they were in their last, but what did they do to make his anger extend to me? Just cause they get upset at him for messing with a friend of theirs?

My sleeve was nearly ripped off, my mom would be so disappointed to know that I had ruined all that I had left of her.

The final bell then rang for the first period, meaning I was supposed to be sitting in my seat in class. I got up and practically ran to my class, somehow finding myself late to class again.

-

By the end of the day, my arm hurt like heck. It's progressively gotten worse since this morning, the bruise is all swollen and inraged now.

I felt terrible but never went to the cafeteria to have lunch with Niall out of fear that it would anger the last year boy. Hopefully, Niall isn't upset with me about it, but I don't know how I could explain it to him.

I kept my head down as instructed and made my way out of the school building, finally feeling like I am able to breathe as I step back into the world.

The triplets care was parked right in front of my field of vision like it was yesterday. I quickly made my way over to the car, wanting to get out of here as fast as possible.

I was shocked a bit when I opened the back seat door and saw that the only person in the car was Sadie, no triplets.

"Hey bud," She greats sweetly.

I don't know why I found myself slightly disappointed that it was her as opposed to the triplets. I liked Sadie, she was sweet but I for some reason craved seeing the boys after all that happened today.

"Oh Hi Sadie," I said, trying to not let my thoughts come through the tone of my voice.

I set my bag on the seat before moving to the front seat instead, closing the door behind me as I clicked my seatbelt.

Thankfully my hurt shoulder was not on the side visible to her so I am able to shield it fairly well.

"I know you were expecting the boys but their class went late, they were upset about it but they should be home by the time we get there. They didn't want to take any chances of being late to come and grab you so they sent me instead. I happily obliged, I get some time with my new favorite boy, don't tell the triplets." She informs and jokes at the end.

I did a bit of a staged laugh, not because I didn't find what she said funny it's just I'm still too out of thought to really comprehend what she is saying.

"Okay," I smile slightly.

"How was ur day kiddo?" She asks, sounding actually interested in my response.

"It was fine, pretty uneventful." I lie straight through my teeth, which I already feel guilty about.

"Well, that's no good. I heard you made a few friends though, hm?" She asks as she pulls out of the parking lot.

"Yeah," I confirm with a small nod.

"Well, I'm glad to hear that bud. You are welcome to invite them over to the house anytime would like." She says.

She was so kind, I didn't deserve her.

"Thank you, Sadie."

By the time we had run out of conversation points we were pulling into the driveway which had another car in it, I assume it was the one that the triplets had used for the day after they dropped me off for the day.

I thanked Sadie for the ride before grabbing my backpack, just keeping it in my hands because there is no shot I am putting it on my shoulder. I quickly head into the house.

Once I opened the door I could immediately hear pairs of footsteps coming my way, making a little feeling spark inside of me.

"Louis," Edward's voice cheers as they turn the corner into my view.

But once they see me the big smiles on their face drop immediately and they freeze.

"What the hell happened to your arm?"

--

Thank you for reading!!!

Had quite the long day today.

But how was y'all's day?

I appreciate you all so so so much.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

26.7K 749 21
The styles triplets live with the love of their lives Louis, what happens when the triplets need a new maid to take care of things around the house a...
15K 618 19
"Yes. My name is Louis. And who might you be, cutie?" "I'm . . . Harry. My name is Harry, and I'm your next door neighbour. I live at the yellow hous...
11.6M 173K 92
3 Identical Boys...Triplets The "Styles" Triplets All 3 look so similar to one another but, they're all different in their own way. Marcel is the goo...
130K 4K 31
Louis parents died when Louis was only a kid, from that day Liam did everything he could to take care of his little brother. But one day Liam has to...