Mr maybe

By Atinyfeels

When Hermione Granger is hit by a love potion and falls for Draco Malfoy, chaos ensues. But what if he slowly... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Note:
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
The End

Chapter 10

20.4K 520 1K
By Atinyfeels

HERMIONE P.O.V

"I'm telling you, Harry," I say, using a ruler to draw up a square. "He's really changed. We're-friends now. And he no longer uses the fact that I'm a muggleborns against me."

Harry shrugs and continues tearing strips of paper.

"I'm just surprise at how much you've managed to change his opinion of you and in so short a time."

I smile at his words and shrug happily.

"I have my ways."

I'm in the Gryffindor Common Room drawing up Harry and Ron's NEWT revision timetables. You don't have to tell me that they should be doing this themselves but, come on, think about just who we're talking about. Exactly. This year has been the hardest yet. Ginny doesn't know how easy she has it. And speaking of the Weasley female...

"So, Harry," I keep my eyes down, a mischevious smile on my face. "Is there anyone you like?"

At my words the Boy Who Lived, who is lolling around, resting his chair on its back leg, blushes ferociously. Ah ha! Just as I suspected.

"Who?" I go in for the kill. He turns to look at me as if I've been smoking something of the illegal variety (which, even if I had, I wouldn't be likely to tell you, now, would I?)

"A girl who goes by the name of- nunyabusiness," he laughs, head thrown back, raven hair glinting in the firelight. Oh? Going to play the never-going-to-tell-you-card? Ha! Well, it's not like I don't know, Harry. But I'll get it out of you eventually, anyway...

"You do know that I'll get it out of you eventually, right?" I repeat aloud, turning my gaze onto him. He just rolls his eyes and goes back to tearing up bits of parchment. I repeat the long-suffering gesture.

11:17/ SUNDAY 18TH SEPTEMBER/ 1ST FLOOR/ STAFF ROOM

NARRATOR 

A hooded man stands in the darkened Staff Room. He glances around frequently, but we can't see who he is for he is careful to keep his face hidden.

Suddenly, the door is opened and Snape enters, making sure to shut it behind him quietly. He too glances around warily before coming to stand beside the hooded man in the centre of the room.

"Have you checked the room for bugs?" he whispers, eyes cautious.

"Of course," is the hooded man's reassurance. The Potions Master nods before bringing out a small satchel.

"OK, I want in," he murmurs, dark eyes blazing. The hooded nods, again careful to not let his identity be revealed.

"I knew it would only be a matter of time," from the sound of his voice, we can tell that he is smiling. Emptying some galleons into his hand, Snape hands them over to our mystery man.

"What date?" is hooded man's answer to the bestowal as he pockets the money. A pause.

"7th October," he answers, turning to leave. "Remember, Minerva must know nothing about this."

The hooded man nods.

"This meeting never even happened."

Nodding, Snape opnes the door and departs. A chuckle that we think we recognise emerges from under the mystery man's hood. To our surprise, he reaches up and removes the hood, revealing the identity of someone we should have suspected all along.

But of course. Dumbledore.

12:34/ SUNDAY 18TH SEPTEMBER/ GREAT HALL/ LUNCH

HERMIONE P.O.V

Harry and I are having Lunch, having just finished drawing up our revision timetables. And, no, before you ask, Harry still hasn't confessed that he likes Ginny as more than just a friend.

I sigh, put down my fork and turn to him. He's sitting there, munching some pumpkin pie, going over some pieces of parchment with various, complicated-looking Quidditch formations on it. The boy needs to get his act together.

"OK, Harry," I remove the pieces of parchment from his gaze and he instantly turns to look at me in confusion. "Enough of this foolishness. I know you like Ginny-"

Harry opens his mouth in protes and I raise my hand.

"And as your best friend, I feel inclined and a certain responsibility to remind you that Ginny is a very beautiful and highly-desired girl. Do you have any idea of how many boys would give their right limbs to go out with her? You need to move quickly."

Harry sits there for a moment, watching me in quiet approval.

"How did you know?" is his slow question to my life changing revelation. I raise an eyebrow. I thought we've been friends for the past six, seven years. Where has this boy been?

"Harry, come on," I roll my eyes. "Think about who you're asking that question."

He nods in answer, turning away to look at the door. What he sees there has him blushing a deep, angry red. Huh? I whip around to see what has him giving such a reaction. Ah, but, of course. The youngest Weasley herself.

"Hey, you guys," she smiles, waving as she walks up to us, auburn hair swaying. Harry, red still in his cheeks, focuses his green-eyed gaze on his near empty plate. I smile back at her.

"Look, a bunch of us are going to hang out in the Fields. D'ya wanna come?" she asks. What a shame. I have places to go, or I'd be all over that.

"Can't," I shake my head, apologetically. "I have some revision to do."

Ginny nods in acceptance. I mean, my excuse is hardly unusual. She turns to Harry, face expectant. He doesn't look up. We wait. OK, Harry, there's only so long you can avoid her gaxe, you idiot. I give him a surreptitious nudge. He glances up at her.

"No, I can't, sorry," is his disappointing and pathetic reply. "I have to finish off these figures for Quidditch Practice."

I can't help but glare at him. The fool. This opportunity practically fell in his lap and he just had to be stupid enough to miss it. And seeing Ginny's face fall makes it even worse.

"Oh, Ok," Ginny says, nodding slowly. "Maybe next time. See you guys later." She turns and walks our. I watch her leave helplessly, before turning to glare once more at my raven-haired best friend. He starts to look a bit afraid and with good reason. How could he have missed this chance to spend more time with Ginny.

"What?" he asks, very foolishly, may I add. I kick him very hard with the deadly heel of my boots. I feel like killing him right now...

Do you think anyone would find it if I hid his body in the Lake?

11:54/ MONDAY 19TH SEPTEMBER/ CLASSROOM 17/ TRANSFIGURATION

NARRATOR 

Don't fall asleep on me, now. I know we were out late, but you're going to have to get used to late nights if you're going to be jamming with me. The infamous Hogwarts parties haven't even begun yet, people are re-adjusting to being back at school, but, once they do, you'd better learn how to stay awake the next day...

The Golden Trio sit at their usual table, copying down notes from the board as Mc Gonogall writes them (you areup-to-date, aren't you? We don't want to get detention so early on in the year). The Silver Trio sit at the table directly in front of theirs (not by choice, but as a result of the Deupty Head's seating plan) doing the same, although Blaise is also occupied in sending notes to Theodore Nott.

Draco finishes his sentence and turns around to look at Hermione, who is casting an eye over he notes. He is watching her as if he just can't tear his eyes away. She, perhaps sensing his enigmatic gaze, looks up and smiles at him, honey eyes warm. In return, he winks at her (causing many girls in the immediate area to sigh, fawningly), grins in that trademark sexily dangerous way of his, and turns back to his work. She, still smiling, does the same.

All over class, eyebrows shoot metres into the air, indicating that we were not the only ones to have caught that little exchange. This includes the other two members of the Golden Trio who glance over at one another. The same question is on everyone's mind. Has the Draco Malfoy, ice-cold Slytherin Prince, actually mellowed?

"Right," Mc Gonogall turns around. "I am going to assign partners." She glances around the room in silence, beady eyes putting fear into the hearts of even the most hard-core students. All around class, girls clasp hands tighty with their best friends, desperately wishing to be put together.

"Miss Parkinson and Mr Weasley-" at her words, Harry and Blaise laugh loudly and Ron and Pansy wear similar expressions of shock and mild distaste.

"Miss Patil and Miss Brown. Mr Seamus and Mr Potter. Miss Granger and Mr Malfoy-" as she announces each patner, the announced two move to sit together. Hermione walks over to Draco and sits beside him. The two share a smile.

Pansy walks hesitantly over to Ron, who is looking anywhere but at her. She sits and glances over at him. Over the summer, he got way better looking. His previously red hair darkened to a rich auburn, his jaw chiselled out, he gained some much needed muscle by doing daily Quidditch Practices with the Boy Who Lived as well-deserved relaxation after the defeat of You Know Who, and his startling blue eyes stand out. He could now actually be called, well, hot, and make no mistake, the girls of Hogwarts have definitely noticed. After Draco, Harry and Blaise, he is now considered the best looking guy at Hogwarts.

"So, Weasley," she says, making a decent attempt to start up a conversation. "What is yours and Potter's opinion on this whole Granger and Draco situation."

Ron glances up at her, eyebrows raised.

"We think that this is going to end in nothing but misery," is his slow measured reply. Pansy nods in agreement.

"Malfoy seems to be falling for her and that is not necessarily a good thing," he continues, turning his stool to face her.

"I'm starting to think that too," she agrees, waving her wand to wordlessly transform the matchbox into a dung beetle. "He's so obviously falling for her that when the potion wears off and she goes back to hating his guts... he'll be devastated."

Ron nods, tapping his quill on the desk.

"Well, there's nothing we can really do. I mean, I hate Malfoy, no question, but when it does wear off and he's in love with her, it's not going to bode well for Hermione-remember, they have to share quarters."

Pansy watches him, thoughtful. For the first time in recorded history, her and 'Weasley' have not had an agreement.

17:42/ MONDAY 19TH SEPTEMBER/ HEADS' QUARTERS/ HERMIONE'S ROOM

HERMIONE P.O.V

There! Done! I finish my homework with a flourish and place my quill and books in my Spy bag.

"Hey, Hermione!" Draco's voice comes from the bathroom, startling me. "I'm going to Quidditch Practice now, but I'll be back around eight, 'k?"

I nod, emphatically, then, remembering that he can't exactly see me, clear my throat.

"Ok!" I shout. I hear him thunder down the stairs then the sound of the portrait door slamming shut. OK, that means I have to start getting ready if I want to get there just after they've started. I jump off my bed, walk across my room and into the closet.

OK, I have to find something to wear that will knock Draco for six, but also keep me warm. Come on, Hermione. Do not say that all that holiday shopping was in vain.

Ah yes, finally! I pick out a white cashmere cowl neck, a short but still modest brown, skirt and white sneakers. I remove my current outfit and replace it with my new one.

I inhale deeply and inspect myself in the wall-to-wall mirror. OK, here goes. On the way out, I grab my white, fur hooded jacket.

18:03/ MONDAY 19TH SEPTEMBER/ THE FIELDS/ QUIDDITCH PITCH

HERMIONE P.O.V

I pause at the top of the stairs, take a deep breath and step out onto the bleachers. The bitter wind whips my hair around my face as I narrow my eyes, scanning the bleachers for Pansy. Ah, there she is, right at the front. Above me, the green and silver clad Slytherin Quidditch team swoop and swerve and, to my surprise and endless embarrassment, as I walk over to Pansy, I hear wolf whistles and catcalls coming from their direction.

"Phwarh... looking good, Hermione!"

"I wouldn't mind a piece of that!"

"You should come to our practices more often... you'd be more than enough to inspire us to play better!"

Blushing furiously, I sit down next to Pansy who is wearing an outfit similar to mine. I smile at her and she gives me a wink. Glancing up, I see something that makes my blood run cold. Oh my God. They're coming over.

With the exception of Draco, who is busy searching for something up in the distance, the entire Slytherin Team fly over and hover beside our bleacher. Pansy raises an eyebrow at them, apparently unimpressed, as I blush furiously and keep my eyes on the ground, desperately trying to avoid their frankly lecherous gazes.

"So, Hermione, what made you decide to come visit us?" one of them, a very good-looking, Indian boy asks, dark eyes flickering over me.

"Pansy invited me," I glance over at the girl beside me.

"Yeah, well, we're not exactly complaining," at another boy's words the team laughs, lecherously, many slapping palms. I didn't think that it was possible but the temperature of my cheeks increases even more.

Their laughter appears to attract their captain's attention and, as Draco emerges from his search for the snitch (which is now clutched tightly in one hand), he glances over atus. His surprise expression changes to a very odd one that I've never seen him do before and don't recognise. He gazes at me, jaw set, muscle pulsing in his forehead and cloudy eyes glinting. My heartbeat speed up as our eyes clash and I feel as if I'm drowning as his eyes become even more intense...

DRACO P.O.V

My eyes remain on Hermione's, honey clashing with metal as I stay aware of those idiots I call friends jostling around her. I feel so angry and I have no idea why. I can hear the blood roaring in my ears and my pale skin turns scarlet where I'm clenching my nails hard against my fleshy palm. I'm breathing heavily and I feel a burning sensation behind my eyes and hot air coming out of my nose.

My emotions are in tumult, tossing and turning in the stomy sea that is my mind, but I do recognise one as the same feeling that I sometimes get when I see Potter seize the snitch from me on yet another occasion. Jealousy. And it surprises me because, if you think about it, what exactly do I have to be jealous about?

HERMIONE P.O.V

Suddenly, Draco looks away and turns his piercing gaze upon his team, leaving me with a strange feeling of loss. What's wrong? Why didn't he say hi?

"STOP OGLING CHICKS AND GET YOUR LAZY, GOOD-FOR-NOTHING ASSES OVER HERE, NOW!" he yells, eyes blazing, making all of us jump. His shout puts fear into all our hearts and the team flies off instantly, eyes terrified and wary, manner nervous, not even giving a quick goodbye. I sit here, shocked. I've never seen him so angry, even Pansy is staring at him in shock and fear. There is a dangerous glint and a sheer fury in his eyes that I've never seen before. I gulp and try to smile at him when I catch his eye. My ear feels as if it's about to break and my eyes tear up as he ignores my gesture of goodwill and looks away. I stare at his descending figure as my eyes start to sting. Pansy shrugs her shoulders and rubs my arm, sympathetically when I turn to her, devastated.

I knew I shouldn't have come...

DRACO P.O.V

As I fly around, my eyes barely see where I'm going. My mind is so full of what just happened, I'm lucky that searching for the snitch is a natural reflex to me. All I can think of is Hermione. Why was I so filled with anger at my team crowding around her, freely chatting her up? I must have terrified them. Just look at them. Even now, they're still looking over at me, but desperately trying to avoid catching my eye. Was I so angry because I didn't feel like I have the freedom to go over and do the same?

I glance over at the witch who has recently taken permanent residence at the front of my mind. She sits there with Pansy, her face fallen, eyes on the ground. My heart hurts watching her. I didn't mean to ignore her when she smiled at me, it's just... I feel so confused. Why can't I get this one girl, who I even used to hate with a passion, out of my mind?

And why, for the first time in my life, does it hurt so much to see someone else unhappy?

19:41/ MONDAY 19TH SEPTEMBER/ BASEMENT/ SLYTHERIN LOCKER ROOM

HERMIONE P.O.V

OK, I cannot do this. I thought I could, but I can't. I gulp and gaze at Pansy appealingly. She turns back, hand still on the locker room door, and gives me a look of disbelief.

"Oh, come on, Hermione," she rolls her eyes, "Do not back out now. This is why you came, remember?"

I gaze back at her, helplessly. Doesn't she understand? How can I go in there when Draco's so angry with me? When he just looked at me like I'm the last person he wants to be anywhere near?

"I can't, Pansy..." I mumble, turning my famous puppy dog eyes on her. She, however, seems to be the only thing known to man not to be affected by it and she stares right back at me.

"Forget it, Granger," she snaps, placing a manicured hand on one hip. "Pull it together, 'cause we're going in. Remember, boys are like dogs, they can smell fear. Stand up straight and walk confidently. Or, better yet, strut in like you own the place."

Oh, no. With these last words, she pushes the door open with her foot and, tugging my hand, leaving me no choice but to follow her, struts in.

The large locker room is steamy and smells of men' cologne. Half-dressed Quidditch players emerge from the shower room, sporting only green towels, six packs dripping wet, and I try my hardest not to blush, doing my best to remember what Pansy told me. How does she manage to look so unaffected, eyes set dead ahead? Lockers are lined up in typical locker room style at the furthest end of the room. In the furthest corner of the room, to the left, are the majority of the players, crowded around something.

As we walk in their direction, the team notice us and, like before, whistle and catcall.

"Wanna join me in the shower, you two?"

"Looking good, Hermione..."

"How about just the two of you in the shower, then?"

Are boy always this dirty-minded, or is it just the good-looking ones? An angry heat floods my cheeks as I struggle to keep a bored expression on my face. The Gryffindor team is never this forward towards me. They're all too afraid of Ron and Harry. Pansy's only reaction to the boy's words is a roll of her brown eyes and a toss of her black hair.

We reach the crowd at the lockers and my eyebrows shoot up in surprise when my companion clears her throat lightly and it instantly parts as soon as the players turn to see just who had the audacity to do such and obnoxious thing.

DRACO P.O.V

I swallow hard as I see just who has my entourage parting like the Red Sea. Hermione and Pansy. My eyes remain glued to the beautiful, brown-haired, honey-eyed witch as she walks hesitantly towards me.

HERMIONE P.O.V

Oh, God. When I'm exactly who the team are crowding around, I pause in my tracks, trying to think of a way out, only to have Pansy push me gently from behind. What was I thinking? I can't face Draco right now...

He and his second-in-command, Blaise, sit on the furthest bench against the wall. My heart jumps about wildly in my chest as we reach them. Blaise looks up and grins at us, cheekily, dark eyes dancing.

"Ladies," he drawls, seductively, "always a pleasure."

No backing out now. I gulp, nervous and summoning up all my courage, turn to look at the gorgeous Slytherin Prince beside him. My bones melt and my heart speeds up as I see that he is silent, leaning against the wall, hair in his beautiful eyes, staring at me from under his long eyelashes, face moodily impassive.

The thumping in my chest become painful as Pansy sits next to Blaise, taking up the rest of the bench, leaving only the seat next to Draco. My legs like lead, I walk over and sit beside him, hands in my lap, eyes down. My cheeks burn and my face heats up as I feel his brooding, intense gaze still on me. I feel rather than see Blaise's sly gaze as he and his fellow team members watch Draco and I in open curiousity.

Suddenly, he jumps up, pulling Pansy up with him. Forgetting my embarrassment for a moment, I, along with everyone else, turn to stare at him in surprise.

"Let's leave the two lovebirds alone, shall we?" he grins, gleefully at my horrified expression. What really surprises me, however, is how Draco doesn't even react to his worsds. The team and Pansy do not follow suit, however, and wear similar evil grins as they follow Blaise out of the room, shutting the door quietly, leaving the room deserted.

Oh, God, no. Never in my worst nightmares... I gulp, struggling to breath regularly, and watch as Draco stands up and walks over to a locker. He opens it and starts searching for something. I swallow hard as I look at him. Why did I ever think and I could even be friends? He's far too good for me. And now he can't even stand to look at me...

"Are you mad at me?"

DRACO P.O.V

Instantly, I stop rummaging through my locker. I'm filled with remorse at her tear filled words. How could she even think that? Sadness floods through me as I turn to look at her beautiful, teary eyes. For the second time this evening, my heart hurts at the crushed expression on her face. But, why? Why does it feel so bad to see her hurting?

HERMIONE P.O.V

"Why would I ever be mad at you?" he asks, quietly, eyes filled with something I've never seen bfore. Relief immediately floods through me at his words and I smile at him. Ah, thank God. He's not angry with me.

He sits back beside me and turns to smile at me. I bask, estatic, in his gaze.

"So," he asks, eyes raking over my face, seeming to burn me wherever they land. "What did you think?"

"You were amazing," I answer, smiling brightly up at him, a warm glow spreading through me. His smile widens even further.

"Really," I nod. And it's true. I don't like to sound disloyal but, at his rate, Slytherin may actually beat Gryffindor in the upcoming season. He's silent for a moment, eyes serious as he gazes at me.

"It's hard, you know, begin the captain," he begins, eyes as if they're searching for something. "And it's even harder being seeker. People expect you to win the game for them and, if you don't, you get the blame for it." He looks as if he's revealing some secret part of himself, his eyes wary, so I'm careful to show my care through my eyes.

"We really have to win that first game," he explains, his gaze now on the ceiling. "My mum's coming to watch and I don't want to let her down."

Ah, how sweet! His expression is like that of a little boy's, eyes wide and trusting. My smile widens even more in affection.

"How cute," I fawn, teasingly. He narrows his eyes and slaps my lightly on the arm as I giggle.

"Shut up."

Suddenly an idea hit me and I cease my giggles and sit up.

"Can I meet her?" I ask eagerly. He looks up at me, surprised, then smiles.

"Sure. Now we'd better get going. I have homework ot do." He stands up and grabs his bag. Yes! This must mean he at least likes me-he wouldn't let just anyone meet his family, now, would he?

Smiling, I stand up and wait for him to close his locker. He finishes and, as I take to follow him, I miss the pool of water on the tiled floor...

DRACO P.O.V

I watch as, almost in slow motion, she falls towards the floor, an expression of heart-felt fear on her face. Oh, no... my heart is in my mouth as I reach out and catch her almost, instinctively. Our eyes clash, her honey eyes grateful. My heart thumps wildly as I rake my eyes over her face. I can't tear my eys away from her. God she's beautiful.

"Thanks," she murmurs, huge eyes still on mine, her breath tickling my skin as I pull her back up.

HERMIONE P.O.V

I can feel the strength of his toned arms as he pulls me to stand. My heart is thumping so loudly, I'm surprised he can't hear it. Our gazes remain on each other. His eyes are like a grey ocean-an ocean I'm more than happy to drown in. He's not even out of breath and, as his heated gaze travels down to my partially parted lips and the grey darkens to black, pupils dilating, my heartbeat quickens even more.

Time seems to slow down and the rest of the world disappears as he pulles me closer ever so slowly, eyes still on my lips. The blood roars in my ears as I feel his hot breath on my mouth, grey eyes now on mine, hypnotizing me. I can't take the intensity of his gaze and my eyes flutter closed.

As his lips brush mine ever so softly for the fist time, the strength goes from my legs and his arms are the only thing holding me up. Each tender caress of his mouth leaves me breathless, his hand coming up to gently stoke my cheek. What he's dong to me is so beautiful, I want cry. And I think I'm going to die from the soft pleasure, the taste of chocolate and coffee. I think it can't possibly get any better-feel any better than what he's doing right now, tongue teasing just the outside of my lips.

That is at least, until he gently takes my bottom lip between his teeth and nibbles it, oh so gently.

And I just don't understand. I don't know how such a bad boy could be kissing me so softly.

DRACO P.O.V

Each, ever-lasting second I'm holding her feels like Heaven. She is Heaven. Her lips are whisper soft, her glossy hair silken beneath my fingertips, skin velvety under my caress. She tastes just like I think Christmas would and feels like it too.

She matches me kiss for kiss, delicate hands resting on my shoulders, tingling me where they are. And, if I were the type, I would cry. I don't know why but holding her, kissing her like this, feels like the best thing that I've ever experienced.

And I'm confused. I don't why I'm feeling like this about someone I hated just two weeks ago...

I shouldn't be feeling like this about someone I hate just two weeks ago...

HERMIONE P.O.V

Suddenly, Draco pulls away, and I almost stumble at the abrupt loss of contact. What's wong? I gaze at him, confused. We're both out of breath, my mouth still tingling, eyes still on each other.

"Did I do something wrong?" I ask, nervous and fearful. I knew shouldn't have come. Damn that Pansy. He runs a shaky hand through his platinum locks.

"No," he sighs, heavily. "Look... it's just..."

I gaze back at him, fearful. Please don't say-

"This was a mistake," he blurts out, confirming my worst fear." I can't go from insulting and hating you one day, to k-kissing and falling in love with you the next.... I-I can't deal with this..."

My face falls and my chest starts to hurt unbearably, as he turns away and stalks out, slamming the door. I gaze after him, helplessly, heart breaking and my eyes tearing up. What just happened? We were getting on so well...

I crumple to the floor as these, along with other similar thoughts race through my head. One, however, stand out from the rest, settled on Draco's last words.

Who said anything about falling in love?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

767 41 18
In a moment of weakness Hermione granger finds herself being comforted by Draco Malfoy, things escalate and their feelings become irrevocable
44.2K 1.2K 12
Harry Potter and Draco Malfoy didn't start off on the best terms but soon Harry decided he'd like to become friends with Draco, but there's a problem...
410K 9.7K 22
Everything in her life came crashing down. Ron cheated on her, he ruined her friendship with Harry and the Weasleys, she lost her job, her house, her...
5.5K 172 12
After Draco Malfoy tires of waiting to have Hermione Granger by his side, he decides to take what he wants. Hermione suddenly finds herself in a deli...