AT THE VERGE OF IT ALL 2023...

By Moroti_Writes

[𝙾𝙽 𝙢𝙾𝙸𝙽𝙢] From grass to grace and back again ... That has always been her story, well Tomiwa Adeshi... More

INTRODUCTION
PrologueοΏΌ
Meeting The Characters
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21. ♠️
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41

Chapter 18

23 14 0
By Moroti_Writes

Tomiwa pov

The moment was finally here, the moment we've been rehalsing all week for. Everything was in place for the Dowens Got Talent completion, all we need to do was show up and make magic happen. We were up against one of the best from  Forrester Academy and from what I head, they really know their game.

I was well prepared for this competition,  the only thing I wasn't prepared for was an imprutu visit that Daniel Egiro made to our house that hot Tuesday afternoon. I was the only one at home that day, miss Okiki had traveled for a business meeting relating to her companies expansion, hence it was just me and my brother that was at home.

My brother wasn't around that very Tuesday as well, this is because of the delivery Miss Okiki asked him to make that day. Daniel knew about it so he used it to his advantage making that Tuesday the worse Tuesday of my entire life. No matter how hard I wanted to forget it, it was all I could think about.

How he Conveniently manipulated me into thinking he was doing me a favor. How he made me believe that no one else could love me aside him.How he used sweet talks into making me accepting him as my boyfriend. The worse part of if all was how he made me suck his very hard member, forcing me to swallow his cum. I cried bitterly that Tuesday i refused to go to work, and I almost refused to go to school as well.

My brother noticed something was up with me and so he Probed but I couldn't tell him. I didn't want to tell me because I didn't even know how to say it, I mean how do I tell him that his best friend Daniel Came to visit while he wasn't around. Or the fact that he made me do those dirty things, Gawd I feel so dirty and filthy right now. How on earth do I tell him that all this happened, how do I open the conversation in the first place.

" Tomiwa, we need to talk."

My brother said the minute he walked into the kitchen and saw that my lunch was still untouched. It was Saturday and after doing all the housework , making lunch and preparing myself for the week ahead. I was in the kitchen trying to eat lunch which was fried yam and egg which I have only succeeded in eating just one spoon. He frowned at me, and pushed the food aside from me sightly, he looked at me Calculatedly before saying.

" Tomiwa, this is very on like you. I hear you've been skipping class at school, you've failed to do your home work and even the few friends you've made at your new school found a way to reach out to me saying you've been avoiding them. Tomiwa what is wrong, talk to me pleases and stop driving me crazy with suspense."

" your friend—"

I said after a minute of silence. Tears were starting to blur my vision now but I won't let it stop me. I wiped my tear hastily as I cleared my throat, I took a few gulps of water before speaking up again.

"Your friend, Daniel Egiro. He was here on Tuesday, he came looking for you and once I said you were not around and that he could take his leave. He took it the wrong way, insulting me, saying vile thing to me, making regret my existence. He manipulated me into thinking that I offended him a great deal and as peace offering. He made me suck him off, ... He made me give him a blow job, against my will."

I finally said confessing to him everything that had been on my mind, that has been giving me sleeplessness night, that has been keeping me away from my friends. I wiped the tear that kept flowing freely from my eyes, My brother Just sat there too dumpstruck to speak. He was speechless, too speechless if you ask me and instead of saying something, anything at all he stood up and walked out of the house.

"ITS THE MOMENT WE HAVE ALL BEEN WAITING FOR! DOWEN's GOT TALENT!!! ARE YOU READY!!"

The voice of the moderator boomed loudly snapping  me out of my thoughts. I was looking back at my reflection in the mirror as I sat still in the dressing room. Today was the first day of the DGT and were going up against  Elozino Johnson, Eno Williams, and Rebecca Anujulu. They were regarded as the bad ass dancers of Forrester Academy. While Lydia, Ebuka igbofor and I were the best at singing for our school.

" Tomiwa. Can you bring this home for us. I know you've been every where, or rather you mind has been every where but please. We need to win this round."

Someone said startling me I looked Back and found out it was Lydia. She had a weary smile on her lips as She fought the urge not cry. I smiled at her one that didn't reach my eye before getting out of my dressing rob to reveal my outfit for the night.

It was a simple contemporary gown for today's performance, and Lydia was wearing the same thing, the only different is the color. Hers was bright blue, like Ebuka's own, I was the only one wears this color so I could stand out when I come to sing the song we were to perform. Before I could speak and reassure her, the voice of the moderator boomed again.

"THE MOMENT IS FINALLY HERE, GIVE IT UP FOR DOWEN ACADEMY AS THEY DAZZEL US WITH, MUSIC DANCE AND EVERYTHING IN BETWEEN."

"It's show time Tomiwa. The future of us wining this first round rest on you, don't blow it."

Lydia said a little harsher than intended before walking out. I waited a little while for the intro of the music we were performing to start before finally come out.

She just wants to be, beautiful
She goes, unnoticed she knows, no limits
She craves, attention she praises, an image
She prays to be, sculpted by the sculptor

I started signing the song the minute I go on stage. I scanned the crowd looking for my brother, ever since he left the house that day i haven't seen him. My eyes held unshed tears but I made sure it didn't affect my voice. I keep on singing as I scanned though the crowd for any familiar faces.

Oh, she don't see, the light that's shining
Deeper than the eyes can find it
Maybe we have made her blind
So she tries to cover up her pain
And cut her woes away
'Cause covergirls don't cry
After their face is made

All the faces I saw were face of our competitors. Elozino Johnson, Eno Williams, and Rebecca Anujulu from Forrester Academy. We were up against them and they seemed like a very fair competition. My lips quivered when thoughts of them wining filled my head. As if that wasn't enough the thought of the Sexually assault by my brother friend made me go though was stuck in my head .  It was indeed a breaking point for me but I sang through it.

But there's a hope that's waiting for you in the dark
You should know you're beautiful just the way you are
And you don't have to change a thing
The world could change its heart
No scars to your beautiful
We're stars and we're beautiful
Oh-oh-oh-oh
Oh-oh-oh-oh
And you don't have to change a thing
The world could change its heart
No scars to your beautiful
We're stars and we're beautiful

Things weren't easy at work either. Truth be told  it becoming unbearable at work.  Miss okiki wasn't back yet and as a result all the workers turned on me, more like tuned against me. They left all the work for me to Handel and because Ron my afternoon shift partner wasn't around, no one wanted to help out.

She has dreams to be an envy, so she's starving
You know, covergirls eat nothing
She says, beauty is pain and there's beauty in everything
What's a little bit of hunger?
I could go a little while longer, she fades away
She don't see her perfect
She don't understand she's worth it
Or that beauty goes deeper than the surface
Oh-oh, oh-oh
So to all the girls that's hurting
Let me be your mirror
Help you see a little bit clearer
The light that shines within

All I had to keep me going was this talent show. The fact  that I was right here right now, performing in the talent show as the lead sing was something to be happy about, and I was in did happy. I closed my eyes to remember the few picture perfect moment I've had with my new friend here, Emmanuella, Lydia, Kevin, Ebuka, Chigozie, and Faruq. They were all counting on me so I couldn't ruin it, not now not ever.

____________________________________

The end of another amazing chapter guys.
I hope you found it just as interesting as I found it when I was writing it. Now before we go on, I would like you all to know that the collaboration had Offically started!!!
And yes I am sure you guys can recognize this character from
vilalove09 book 14 Days

Flood my comment section guys what do you think ?
Pls don't forget to spoil this chapter with
Votes
And of cause i'd really appreciate it if you
💖Share 💖

💫Thank you. 💫

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.3K 85 32
Sometimes life don't go the way we planned. Sometimes we end up feeling so low, and alone. Like we're in a dark hole with no one around us, but then...
258 3 38
Annabella Juliet Rocky lives in a small town called River Falls with her younger brother Timmy and parents. She gets mad one day and runs away to a f...
413K 9.1K 79
Elle has just turned 15 years old. Mason is her boyfriend, they've been in a relationship for 6 months or so. Elle realise she can't say 'no' to him...
427 70 22
.'*'.'*'.'*'.'*'.'*'.'*'.'*'.'*'.'*'.'*'.'*'.'*'. What's supposed to happen during the last year of highschool?!. Rihanna Akorede Bolade had imagine...