The Adopted Cullen

נכתב על ידי GLH_Herondale

Dr. Cullen gets a phone call one day. There is a baby girl who is put up for adoption, but she's premature. T... עוד

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Help Me!!!!
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Important
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Advice
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
TWILIGHT
Chapter 34
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
NEW MOON
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
ECLIPSE
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Update
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
BREAKING DAWN
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75

Chapter 35

3K 81 6
נכתב על ידי GLH_Herondale

"Be good. Stay by your siblings. And please, please don't worry. You're going to be ok." I roll my eyes into the mirror as my mom stands behind me, doing my hair while giving me yet another pep talk.

"Mom, this is the fifth pep talk you've given me today. If anything you're making me more nervous than before!" Esme laughs and tucks a final strand into my braid and smiles at her finished product.

"Well, then. I won't give you another pep talk. Let's get going; you're going to ride with Edward, Jasper, and Alice in the Volvo. Emmett wants to ride in the Jeep," she says with a fond roll of her eyes. I smile brightly, putting on my best innocent face, "Can I ride in the Jeep?"

Mom laughs loudly, "Of course not. You still have two months before you're allowed back into it." I pout playfully and she kisses my head before grabbing my hand, walking us down the stairs.

So...maybe me and Emmett snuck off one night to go mudding and didn't tell anyone, so now I am not allowed to ride in the Jeep for four months. I honestly don't know how we didn't get caught, but we didn't and we had so much fun.

"I still don't see why I'm the only one punished for that! Why doesn't Emmett have to be banned from the Jeep?" Esme smiles as she hands me a plate of fruit, "He would have been as well if he didn't pay for it himself."

I start eating, and once I'm done my siblings come in after hunting and changing clothes. "Let's go Princess. We need to be on time for your first day." I roll my eyes at him as I grab my bag, "It's also your first day as well."

I hug Esme, "Bye Mom. I'll see you later."

"Be good. Listen to your siblings." I nod with a smile and kiss her cheek. "I will, I love you." Esme kisses my head before shoving us all out the door yelling at everyone to be careful.

When we pull up, every head in the parking lot turns to us. My breath catches in my throat and suddenly my nerves skyrocket. We step out of the car and Alice, giddy as ever, skips over to Jasper's side, hugging his arm. "A new school! I think we're going to like it here Jazz."

I timidly walk over towards everyone while mumbling, "I wish I was homeschooled." Edward smiles down at me and I hug his arm like Alice is doing to Jasper, just not out of happiness. I feel Jasper calm me down some and I glance over at him and try to give him a reassuring smile, but it comes out as a grimace.

"You're going to be fine, Grace Grace. Calm down," Rose says from behind me as she pats my head affectionately. I nod and Emmett comes besides her and puts a hand on my shoulder. "Come on, let's get our schedules. People have been staring for too long."

I nod at Edward's statement and he wraps his arm around my shoulders as we bring up the rear going towards the office. When we get in there, an older woman is at the desk. "How may I help you...." She drifts off once she sees my siblings and all of their perfect vampire glory.

"Hi! We are the Cullens. Our adoptive parents, Esme and Carlisle Cullen registered us a few months ago. We are just here to get our schedules," Alice says in her chime-like voice.
"Oh, um, yes. Yes, yes. Right here. Let's see now," she says as she continuously glances up at my brothers, earning quite a few harsh looks come from Rosalie, "Ok, so here are Alice and Emmett, then the twins Jasper and Rosalie Hale. Now let me find the two separate ones...."

I cringe inwardly being called a "separate one." I knew before hand the set up. Alice and Emmett would pose as real siblings, Jasper and Rose as twins, while Edward is Jasper's cousin and I am the loner. Great.

"Ah! Here it is... Edward Mason and Gracelyn Cullen. I hope you enjoy it here at Forks and come to me if you have any trouble," she says and hands us our schedules.

"Thank you Ma'am. We appreciate it. Have a good day." I discreetly roll my eyes at Jasper's southern charm I love so much and how it made the receptionist swoon as we walk together out of the office, towards our classrooms.

"Well guys, me and Rose have Biology first. We'll see you at lunch Little Bit." I nod and give both Emmett and Rosalie a hug before they take off."Yay! Me and Edward have English first. Come on, let's go!" Alice says, tugging at his hand gently.

"Alright Alice, calm down," he says before turning back to me and rubbing his thumb over my cheek gently.

"You're going to be ok, Princess. If you need us text us, or just scream at me in your head. I'll hear you no matter how far away I am, ok? Don't bring any unnecessary attention to yourself. You have to keep our secret just as much as we do, so lay low for a bit and all the fuss will die down. Jasper will take you to your class since his is just right next door." I nod and bury myself into his chest as I give him a big hug, willing myself not to cry and panic.

"You'll be ok, I promise. Now go to class, your phone has been buzzing quite a bit, so if you want to text the pack before class starts, you need to hurry now." At the thought of talking to the pack for a few moments, I nod quickly and grab Jazz's hand as we walk to our class.

"You're fine. It's like this every time we start somewhere new. They stare for a bit, then after they see us as indifferent and closed off, they will leave us be by ourselves." I nod again, not using my words anymore for the fear of my voice cracking in panic.

As we get to my history class, I see Jasper is going into his math class right across from mine. "Love you, darlin'. See you soon, ok?"

I nod with a forced smile and I head into my class. I see kids all crowded around one another, laughing and talking while others are on their phones or listening to music. The teacher is reading a newspaper, but when I come into view he looks up and grins.

"You must be Gracelyn Cullen. I'm Mr. Hicks, the coolest teacher you'll have this year. If you can just show me your schedule then you are free to sit anywhere you'd like. Phones are allowed until the bell rings, then they are put away silently, ok?" I nod and he smiles before going back to his paper. I glance around and see a seat in the very back by the window. I look, and no one is sitting around it, perfect.

I quickly sit in the seat and grab my phone, looking to see I have a text from each one of my boys wishing me a good day. Although Seth's was considerably the longest, him saying how if he needs to come here and beat anyone up he will and if anyone makes me cry he already has a body bag in his car. I smile in spite of myself and as quick as I can type them all back telling them I'll call them at lunch and I love them, me also telling Seth that the body bag is appreciated.

By the time I'm done, my fingers are sore so I close my phone, slip it into my bag, and trade it for a book I slipped in there before I left.

As the bell rings and I leave the class, heading towards a classroom a few rooms down, I hear the gossip flowing through the air.

"Did you see how gorgeous those new kids were?"
"They are so hot. I'm definitely getting with the blonde."
"I have no idea who the red head is, but she obviously wasn't the pick of the litter."
"The one with the dark hair, he's definitely my type."
"They are such goddesses. Well, all but that little one. She looked like she was fixing to throw up."

By the time I reach my next class, my breathing finally slows down as I try to block all of the annoying voices out of my mind.

I knew it was going to be like this, I just wasn't ready for it to happen all of a sudden.

Obviously my siblings are better looking than me, it's common knowledge. I just thought these people had enough decency to not talk about them, much less me, right in front of my face. I only heard a few voices, but my poor, poor siblings have to listen to all of the bull crap every time. That sends a shot of sympathy from me as I find an empty seat yet again in the back.

I guess no one saw me sitting there because the door opens and the chatter about my siblings fill the air once more. "Oh my gosh they are gorgeous!" One girl squeals as she sits down in a sit near the front by a muscular boy.

"I'm so gonna hook up with that blonde. She is hot," the guy beside her says.

Soon the chatter about hooking up with my siblings and who would get who and once a kid says, "I'm gonna be the first to snag the blonde," I snap.

"None of my siblings are going to "hook up" with any of you nimrods!" I say loudly as I slap my hand on the desk while jumping to my feet.

Every head turns my way, and the sound of rain falling outside is the only thing that can be heard. Suddenly, the teacher comes in and glances at all of us with a raised eyebrow, so I hurriedly grab my schedule to act like I was doing something productive, besides yelling at my new classmates.

"Hi, I'm Gracelyn Cullen. I'm new here and the receptionist said I needed to show you my schedule?" I say to the bald headed male once I reach his desk.

"Yes, thank you Gracelyn. I'm Coach Jackson. It's good to have you here." I smile at him and head back to my seat, ignoring all of the stares, more like glares, being sent my way.

As the day goes by, I finally suffer through four classes and it's time for lunch. I look down at the map in my hand to try and find the cafeteria I am suddenly being lifted into the air. I hold back my scream and elbow the pressure point on the top of the should like Emmett taught me, hoping they drop me.

I hear Emmett's booming laugh and I suddenly relax against him and stop struggling. "Nice job, Little Bit. Good form. You might want to check that elbow though."

I huff and shove him off of me, seeing how we are the main focus point since none of my other siblings are around, and walk away towards where I assume the cafeteria is since everyone is heading in the same direction.

"Woah there, kiddo. What's with that face?" I glare at him, going to open my mouth and tell him off about this awful place until I just huff again and hold in my words.

No need to make them worry anymore than they already are. They obviously have heard everyone's words, let's not add in the fact I have already yelled at an entire class full of kids I'm supposed to be friends with.

I shake my head softly and think of wiping that thought away so Edward won't hear. Now I just have to make sure that thought doesn't pop up again. Not like it'd help. The whole school will know I yelled at the class soon enough.

"Come on, Cookie Monster. What's wrong?" Emmett says and wraps his shoulder around me. I sigh and lean into him, "Nothing. I just want to hurry up and put my bag down so I can call Seth."

Emmett groans, "You're calling the mutt at lunch? We wanted to spend time with our favorite sister this class."

I smile gently as we get closer, "You will. Just let me call my boys first. I promised I would." Emmett nods and we head towards my siblings who wait by the door so we all can make our "grand entrance"."

Alice jumps over and wraps an arm around my waist, "Come on! Let's find a table before we have to sit near the humans." I giggle slightly as we lead the group, our siblings trailing behind, into the cafeteria.

"Does that mean I have to sit somewhere else?"

Alice pouts sweetly, "You know what I mean, Grace. You're a Cullen. Much better than a regular person." I keep my glaze downward as everyone stares at us as we sit at a table near the window.

"We'll grab us some food. Grace can call Seth while you wait," the guys say before they leave and I am suddenly grateful no one wanted to sit near us for today. I could call Seth and the guys without fear of someone overhearing me. I quickly dial his number and not five seconds later he picks up.

"Gracie!" I hear multiple voices say at once and I smile a real smile for the first time all day. "Hey guys. What are you doing?" I ask gently, still trying to be quiet.

"Not much Gracie. We're just wondering what you're doing. You're at lunch, right?" I start to nod before realizing I'm going to actually have to use my words.

"Yeah. I wanted to call you as soon as I could. I needed to hear your beautiful voices." I hear multiple chuckles at the other end of the line and Seth, the nonofficial spokes person says, "How's it going? As awful as you thought it'd be?"

I sigh and say happily, "No, actually. It's not." I wait a beat before saying in my now grumpy voice, "It's worse."

Everyone stays silent except Paul, who's full on busting out laughing. "Aww Gracie! Why'd you have to get our hopes up like that!" I smile slightly again as my brothers come back with four trays of food.

"Sorry guys. At least I made one of you laugh." I hear Paul's smile over the phone as he says, "So, anything interesting happen yet? We've got that body bag right here."

I smile and pick up an apple to play with as I talk to the guys. "Nothing worth using the body bag for. I'll keep you updated though."

"How's the wolf protecting you? Still helping you through?" I smile and look down as I clutch my necklace in my hand.

"It's not working too well at the moment, but I think it's just because I can't take Paul's advice and be as awesome as all of you. It's hard to live up to you guys wolfy standards."

"Well obviously you're not going to be as awesome as us, you aren't a shifter. And you live with vampires. That knocks you down like ten levels." I grin and shake my head gently at his ridiculousness.
"Ok, Oh Mighty One. But I can't help either of those things. Oh! Sorry guys, I've got to go. Lunch is almost over and I'm being scolded for not eating anything. I'll call you tomorrow."

"Come over tonight! We'll have a movie night!" Embry says and all the guys shout their agreements. "Ok, ok. I will. Bye you guys. I love you." I hear a chorus of 'Love yous' back and I wait for Seth to hang up. I never like hanging up first, so he always does it for me.

I hear shuffling before Seth's voice says, "I'm gonna come pick you up and take you to Sam's so you can tell me all about today, ok?"

My smile fades until I force it back up and say, "Alrighty Sethy Poo. I love you." I hear his smile as he says, "Love you Gracie girl. See you later." With that, he hangs up and I put my phone away, turning back to look at my family who wear mixed facial expressions. One stern, one with pride, one apprehensive, one with humor, and one with a knowing glance.

"What?" I say as I take a bite out of my apple. "You yelled... at your class..." Edward says slowly like he's still trying to process the information while Emmett is leaning heavily onto Rose, dying of laughter.

Without responding I bite into my apple again, trying to hold back my ever-growing grin at Edward's face. "Emmett, shut up will you. This is serious." Rose hisses into his ear as she tries to hide her smirk.

"How can I Rose Bud? Our little sister, our little Grace, yelled at her entire class. That red hairs sure showing now!" He says and doubles over again, cackling.

Rose's smirk grows as she glances over at me, "You've got to admit it, Edward. It's pretty comical."

Alice giggles,"I think it's kinda funny, and I already knew it was going to happen."

Edward glares at them all while slowly Jasper's frown lines are being replaced by those of laughter. Edward sighs and rubs his face and mumbling into his hand, "Why, Gracelyn, did you yell at everyone?"

"You already know. Why are you asking me?"

Edward looks up at me, "Well according to the gossip you yelled at everyone, in front of the teacher, about how we would never get with one of those, and I quote, "nimrods," because they are some very foul words I hope did not come out of your mouth."

I nod my head slightly, "That sounds about right except there was no teacher and no bad words. It was the second class of the day and I heard all I could take about how my class mates wanted to "hook up" with you or "make you theirs." Their words were gross and unbearable and so I was as polite as possible while I put them into their places."

Jasper cracks a grin and sends me a wink while Edward just sighs and shakes his head slowly, "What are we going to do with you?"

המשך קריאה

You'll Also Like

393K 7.1K 28
⚠️Short Story!!!!⚠️ 🔞Mature Content🔞 Storm is different from her brother she isn't a Quileute and doesn't have the wolf shifter gene but she does i...
38.3K 870 26
Trigger Warning: This book mentions abuse that might not be appropriate for all readers She never felt love or the warmth of a simple little hug, jus...
155K 3K 42
What if Bella had a little sister but she acted more of a mom to her then Renee, well meet Carlie Swan little sister of Bella Swan, but Renee is more...
123K 3.3K 13
❝Even though they never said it to each other, they knew.❞ Cassandra Cullen was one of Carlisle Cullen's adoptive daughters in human eyes. But in rea...