something imperfect || isabel...

By hiraethkomorebi

"Well then, maybe you really don't have a choice. But let's say around me, you have. Be imperfect ! I'll be t... More

ᴡᴇʟᴄᴏᴍᴇ !
01. welcome to the family Hermoza
02. hanging out with your favorite Madrigal
03. the donkey plushie
04. girls night at the Madrigals (well not really)
05. sleepovers are for mental breakdowns
06. sparkles
07. escaping work
08. Isabela's gift
09. the ceremony
10. living the celebrity life
11. it's raining hugs
12. delivery day
13. being a responsible adult
14. time for dinner
15. the hilarious breaking of Mariano's nose
16. that's Bruno
17. knock on wood
18. a hurricane of jacarandas
19. calling for Mirabel
20. surviving your very very serious wound
21. a butterfly
22. the right one
23. an apology
24. about confessions
Sᴘᴇᴄɪᴀʟ Eᴘɪsᴏᴅᴇ : Dᴏʟᴏʀᴇs Mᴀᴅʀɪɢᴀʟ
25. flower field
Sᴘᴇᴄɪᴀʟ Eᴘɪsᴏᴅᴇ : Lᴜɪsᴀ & Mɪʀᴀʙᴇʟ Mᴀᴅʀɪɢᴀʟ
26. the good vision
Sᴘᴇᴄɪᴀʟ Eᴘɪsᴏᴅᴇ : Cᴀᴍɪʟᴏ & Aɴᴛᴏɴɪᴏ Mᴀᴅʀɪɢᴀʟ
27. kidnapping
Sᴘᴇᴄɪᴀʟ Eᴘɪsᴏᴅᴇ : Pᴇᴘᴀ & Aʟᴍᴀ Mᴀᴅʀɪɢᴀʟ
28. family picture
Sᴘᴇᴄɪᴀʟ Eᴘɪsᴏᴅᴇ : Aɢᴜsᴛɪ́ɴ & Fᴇ́ʟɪx Mᴀᴅʀɪɢᴀʟ
29. the tale of the nine bells
Sᴘᴇᴄɪᴀʟ Eᴘɪsᴏᴅᴇ : Isᴀʙᴇʟᴀ & Jᴜʟɪᴇᴛᴀ Mᴀᴅʀɪɢᴀʟ
31. an idiot
32. second family
33. kiss goodnight
34. sisters
35. family dinner
36. married in a hurricane (of joy!😀)
Fᴜᴛᴜʀᴇ Pʀᴏᴊᴇᴄᴛs
Rᴇsᴜʟᴛs : Nᴇxᴛ Bᴏᴏᴋ

30. Jorge

3.5K 146 40
By hiraethkomorebi

"Jorge !" You pose in front of him, showing off your brother's dance moves.

"Luisa !" It was her turn to be in the spotlight. She danced skillfully.

"Dolores !" Your best friend executed sharp dance moves.

"Isabela !" She dances gracefully, spinning you around.

"Brrrruno !" You exclaim, pointing to the spot the man was in two minutes earlier.

Bruno had escaped the dance floor.

You and Isabela spot him at the buffet, trying to take advantage of his small height not to get noticed. You decide to let him eat in peace.

The party was almost done, it was late in the night. As usual, your parents had gone home before you and Jorge, and Lucía was sleeping at her boyfriend's for the night.

"Hey," You whisper to Dolores. "Do you know where Mirabel and Camilo are off to ?"

You hadn't seen them for the last twenty minutes. Dolores smiles. "They're talking. Camilo feels guilty him and Mirabel grew apart, so they have a lot of things to catch up."

That was cute. You share a touched smile with Dolores and continue dancing. You could do this all night.

___

"I shall never dance again." You complain, barely being able to walk home. Jorge groans in agreement.

You both had overdone yourselves. You were exhausted.

"At least we had fun." You think positively. "That's what's important."

You turn around when Jorge doesn't answer. You were halfway to your house, now was not the time to fall asleep.

He was still following, hands in pockets and deep in thoughts. You frown.

"Jorge, hermano. Something wrong ?"

He avoids your gaze. "No..."

"Uh." You lean your elbow on his shoulder for support. "Are you that tired from the dance ? Maybe we should never stay that late again."

"No ! It was too much fun. It's something else."

"Do you want to talk about it ?"

"No."

"Alright, but now I'm worried. Do you want to ask me vague questions about it ? I'll answer and hope it won't have any bad consequences."

There is a small silence, during which Jorge stops walking. "Yeah, let's do that." You both find a bench to sit on, considering your house wasn't far at all anymore. It's comfortable, and the night is warm.

"First question." You encourage him.

"Am I a coward ?"

You raise a pensive eyebrow. "I don't think so. You're pretty straightforward, and you know how to stay composed in stressful situations. You're the one who comforted Tía when my arm was hurt, and I could still see you were scared. It was very brave of you."

"Yes, but I don't like things that could be dangerous."

"It's not being a coward, peque. It's being prudent. It's because you're very mature for your age."

"Then I don't like being mature. I want to be like my friends."

You laugh. "I had the same problem. But growing up, you'll see that it'll help you not make mistakes that many will do. It's not always easy, but it's not always a burden either."

"It always feels like a burden. I'm tired of acting like everyone, like there's no consequences to our actions." Jorge brings his knees to his chest, sighing. You ruffle his hair, appreciating the only moment you know he wouldn't be against it.

"Do you feel alone when you're with your friends, Jorge ?"

He nods silently. A soft sniff follows. You know he's crying, but you don't look at him. You scoot closer to him and wrap a protective arm around his shoulder.

"It's okay to not be like other people. You know that, our family is a great example of it. But we never really talked about the feeling of being different. I know that when I was younger, I couldn't talk with my friends because I felt like they couldn't understand."

"So what did you do ?"

"Nothing, actually. I kept doing that, and I ended up with no friends. I don't recommend this path."

"Noted." He giggles. You squeeze his shoulder.

"But then, I met Dolores. I had been alone for a long time, and I felt like I had nothing to lose. She needed help, and I decided to just act like myself and tell what I was thinking. It worked, and I was so happy."

"And ?"

"Look at me now. I have amazing friends, a perfect little brother, but most of all I'm happy. Moral of the story : the moment you accept your difference as part of your identity, you start finding your real friends. Maybe they're already by your side, or maybe you'll meet them along the way. But it will get better."

"That seems risky. What if I lose my current friends ?"

"That's the danger of it. And I know you said you don't like danger, so it's your choice to make. You may end up alone."

"Will you be there for me ?"

You scoff. "Always, hermano. You can hang out with me and the cool kids, a.k.a. my friends."

"Oh, yeah ?" He jokes. "Am I cool enough to be seen with y'all ?"

"You're joking ? You're the coolest of us all."

___

"That's not very cool of you, Mirabel." You argue, Isabela dying of laughter next to you. You were having a picnic with them, and Mirabel had decided to tell the story of your breaking in Bruno's tower.

Isabela found the expression Mirabel mimicked of your face when you crossed the gap, swinging on a rope, hilarious.

The two Madrigals had knocked at your door at noon, waking you up. You had spent the previous night dancing, you were going to get the sleep you deserved.

You asked Jorge if he wanted to tag along, he seemed nervous, but he said no. He had to hang out with his friends. You had hugged him and wished him a good day.

You were growing anxious about your talk from last night. They weren't doing anything dangerous, right ?

"And then, we almost died. (Y/n) tried to protect me from the wave of sand, and it came crashing down until BAM ! The door opened. That was sooo scary, right (Y/n) ?"

You were staring at the grass blankly. You were probably over thinking it. Jorge was fine, he asked those questions because it's hard being a teenager.

"(Y/n) ?" Isabela put a delicate hand on your forearm, tilting her head in concern. You turn to her with a smile.

"Yup. I was listening. I was totally listening to Mirabel."

Said Mirabel gives you a knowing look, totally aware you weren't. You sigh.

"Sorry. I'm a bit concerned about Jorge. He's been wondering about his friends-"

"(Y/N) !" You all turn towards your aunt, who was running towards you, panic printed on her every features. She stops in front of you, panting. You try to calm her down, so that she can say what was tormenting her.

"Calm down, Tía. What wrong ? Breathe."

"It's Jorge." She lets out. "He said he was going out with friends, but they knocked on our door half an hour ago. They were waiting for him, and he never showed up. He's not home, nor anywhere he usually goes. We don't know where he is."

You close your eyes, letting Mirabel take care of Lucía and sit her down so she can steady her shaking legs. Anxiety rises inside your heart, turning it upside down. Isabela takes your handhand and squeezes it tightly, stroking your palm with her thumb.

You couldn't let it take over you. Jorge was probably just fine. You just had to find him. And there was someone you needed for that. You inhale deeply, knowing you had to do something she would hate. But you had to get her attention, and for that you'd have to be louder than everyone else.

"DOLORES !"
___
w

ords : 1295

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

90.2K 1.8K 27
When an uncertain shapeshifter meets a girl he truly adores, let's say he's gonna settled down. All Rights Reserved I do not own any of the character...
15.6K 243 11
Your gift is to control flames, but it's an incredibly destructive power, so your Abuela Alma got angry at you one day. She fussed about how you coul...
46.6K 2.2K 44
"I feel like 'wasting' time with you is the best way to spend it. What do you mean, you're not special ? You're the last person I would consider as p...
66.3K 1.4K 25
Camilo madrigal x female!reader (Y/n) and her family moved with their grandparents in Encanto, in which our protagonist will face a lot of events whi...