The Unbreakable Dancer

By lushwriterlvr

Tessa Wren is a painter(who can also secretly dance) at the Maryland School of the Arts (MSA) and is best fri... More

Characters
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
A/N
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Book Request Book
A/N
Chapter 29
A/N

Chapter 3

4.5K 101 17
By lushwriterlvr

New Crew                                               (The Dance that Tess was Doing. You'll see it later :)

I follow Andie inside of the building.

"Who was that?"

"That's Chase Colin."

"Oh, that's Chase Colin. I thought he would be more attractive because of the way everyone talks about him."

"You don't think he's attractive because you're not into blondes, or guys with straight hair that can dance," Andie smirks at me.

I laugh "Then what is my type?"

"Guys who can dance with brown curly hair."

"Oh ha haha. I don't like him. I literally just met him today."

"Oh please, you were making goo-goo eyes at each other while he danced."

"Oh shut up," I say smacking her shoulder.

We laugh and we run into Chase.

"Hey," he says.

"Hey," Andie says back.

"Look I wanted to apologize for earlier today. I really was joking. It's nothing personal. I was just having a really rough day." Chase apologized.

"Oh please, it's not like I sit up at night and think about what you do and don't say about me. But thanks."

"Look let me give you a ride to apologize and so that me and you are cool I would like to know your friend here."

"I'm Tessa and I know that you are Chase. See we don't need a ride to know each other. We already do." I say to him with a fake smile.

"Tess," Andie says.

"Okay,"

*******************************************************************************************

He drops Andie and me off where the practice for 4-1-0 happens. The crew is fine about letting me stay for practice because I sued to dance with them when we were younger and because I am cool with most of the cool and friends with Andie so they don't mind.

Me and Andie walk to Missy and Felicia.

"Oh look who it is. You're finally gracing us with your presence," Felicia says rudely.

I guess she didn't tell them besides Felicia that she goes to MSA so she will be late for practice.

"Rehearsal is done," Felicia added and starts to walk away.

"Hey hey hey wait," Andie chases after her. I stay back because whatever they are talking about is their business. I walk over to sit by Missy and I hear Tuck say something.

"Come on everybody let's go."

I guess she finally told him about MSA

****************************************************************************************

I walk with Andie through the hallway of MSA and she keeps bumping into people.

"Hey watch it," She yells.

"Sorry about her," I say to the kid.

Andie slams her backpack down next to an empty table she found. And roughly take off her hat.

"Morin' sunshine," Chase says to her with an annoying smile.

"And the good times keep on coming don't they"

I rub her back soothingly. She's been like this after the 4-1-0 crew kicked her out. She's been having a rough morning

"Ouch. What has gotten into you today? Hey Tess."

I smile at him and look back at Andy.

"What? As opposed to my loving charm every other day."

I snicker at that.

"Okay, two points to the new girl."

Chase studies her for a second and realizes she actually hurt about something. He turns serious for a second.

"You want to talk about it?" I

"I got kicked out of my crew."

I was expecting her to say she didn't want to talk about it.

"What for?" Chase asked.

I look at my phone and realize that I have to meet up with Madison.I give her a look saying I got to go and to give her alone time with Chase. She nods and I get up to meet with Madison in the Art room.

Andie POV

"I got kicked out of my crew," I say to Chase

"What for?" Chase asked

I stay silent for a moment and Tess gets up and leaves smiling at me.

"For being here. I can't believe that I messed this up."

"They're the ones that messed this up. They lost an amazing dancer."

I laugh a little at that and smile at him

Maybe he's not too bad

"You should start your own crew," He suggested.

"What? You can't just start your own crew," I say to Chase.

"Why not?"

"Because you just can't. Besides who would be in it. Me and..." I try to think of someone else who would possibly join my crew.

"Me," Chase said.

"Okay, we just start our own crew," I say jokingly to him.

"Well, what else are you going to do?"

"Nobody here is going to step out of their perfect world," I say obviously

"Maybe not the Sophie Donavan's, but there is a lot going on under the radar."

"Really?"

***************************************************************************************

"There's a guy we call Hair. He's this half hippy half rhythmical rebel. And he makes the sickest beats you've ever heard. Teachers don't know what to do with him. You can't put him in a class, he gets bored and will make up his own steps."

"Then there is Kido, a foreign exchange student obsessed with old school American hip hop. And trust me, she does not need to speak English to speak our language."

"Fly is the quiet one, but not when the music is on. She's too tall to partner but when you're good, who needs a partner?"

"Which brings us to monster our resident stunt double. He flips he slides he falls. Whatever you need to make an action sequence work on stage. But he never gets the spotlight."

"Most people know my boy Cable as the video yearbook editor. But little do they know that he is one of the best freestylers I've seen in my life."

"And finally Smiles. The nicest guy you'll ever meet. Dopest dancer on the dance floor. Unfortunately, MSA only sees what it wants to see."

"And don't forget Moose," I interject.

"Moose?"

"Yeah trust me on this one."

And Tess if she will be willing

"And possibly Tess."

"Tessa? I thought she was a painter."

"She is that, but I have seen her get down, she is one of the best dancers I know."

"But what makes you think everyone else will do it?" I ask Chase.

"They'll have nothing to lose."

*********************************************************************

Tessa POV

"Hey, Andie why are you running?"

"I needed to get to you quickly."

"Oh god is there an emergency?"

"No, but I need to come to the dance room with me after school today. Please?"

"Um sure."

"Great see you then," After she said that she took off running again.

Okay, that was weird.

**********************************************************************

I enter the dance room and see Andie, Chase, Moose, and a group of kids I have never seen before in my life.

Moose motions for me to stand by him and I walk over to him.

"Do you know why Andie has us here?" I ask him.

"Yeah, it's about a new crew she's making. And I didn't know you could dance."

"Wait what?"

"You guys, listen up. Check it out." Chase speaks up

"Now I know that each and every one of you knows what it's like to be forced to conform to an MSA robot right?"

"Yeah, they wanted me to cut my hair," a dude with really long blond hair said.

"And fix my teeth." A  brown skin guy with glasses said.

"I like your teeth," an Asian girl with a cap on said.

"Thank you. I like your accent," the brown skin with glasses said.

"What kind of accent?" the Asian girl said looking confused.

"The accent you have. You have an accent." glasses said.

This interaction is hilarious.

I hold in my laughter. And look at moose as he is also holding in his laughter. We make eye contact as he nudges me slightly.

"I have no accent," the Asian girl said.

"It's really strong." brown skin with glasses replied.

I let out my laughter along with the other people in there.

"That's exactly my point." Chase starts again "I know that each one of you guys has an amazing talent that the school doesn't know what to do with. So I think it's time to do something with that talent."

"Like what?"  an Asian guy asks.

"Like form a crew and compete at The Streets."

I chorus on no's and that's dangerous arise from the group.

"Alright forget about what you heard. The Streets is about the best dance crew showing off what they got."Andie assures them.

"We don't stand a chance," the brown skin with glasses said.

"What are you talking about?" Chase retorts. "Freddy, I've seen you do your stunts at school plays, there's a reason they call you monster."

"Yeah like this," Freddy/monster says then he drops to the floor and starts spinning on one hand.

The group complements him.

"And Kido you went crazy at the showcase at the after-party last year," Chase says pointing to the Asian girl from before saying she doesn't have an accent.

"Yeah that was fun," Kido says as she starts dancing.

"Once she starts she can't stop."

"Hey hey hey hey"

"Get it, get it"

The kid with glasses pulls her back to stop her from dancing.

"So when is it?" Kido asked Andie after she finally stopped dancing.

"That's the thing, nobody knows when or where until the text message the night of. So we have to be ready."

"Sounds good but director Collins never would let us rehearse here," Moose points out.

"Who said director Collins has to know." Andie answers.as Chase pulls out a set of keys.

Maybe Chase isn't so bad.

"Borrowed and copied"

"MSA after hours, I like it," Moose said with a smirk and looks at me.

He looks so good when he smirks.

**********************************************************************

The group starts learning some choreography that Chase is teaching and Andie pulls me outside the dance room

"You should dance with them. I know you miss dancing. Every time you go with the 4-1-0 and we're all dancing, you have a sad smile on your face."

"I know I just... I don't know if I still got it or if I'm still as good as I was months ago. What if I make a fool out of myself again?" I say sadly.

"You won't and I know you still got it. You wanna know how?"

I nod.

"It's because of this." She pulls out her laptop and goes into her video library. I look confusedly at her and she smiles at me. She then pulls up a video of me dancing to Kiss Kiss by Chris Brown. (Video at the top).

After watching it all the way through I look at Andie.

"How did you record me?" I ask her.

"I didn't, you actually recorded yourself and when I discovered the camera I uploaded the video to my laptop." she smiles at me.

"See you can dance. Now go join the group and for the love of God stop making goo-goo eyes at Moose," Andie teases.

"Oh my god, I've known him for a couple of days and no I don't do that."

"Sure sure you don't"

We walk back into the dance room and I see something I would never think I would see. I saw Caleb, Hair, Moose, and Monster lifting their shirts up showing off their abs in the mirror. My eyes widen and I stare at Moose for a little longer than I would like to admit.

He looks hot

"Tess?" Andie calls me.

"Yes?"

"Um you got drool on the side of your mouth hon," Andie says and starts laughing at me.

I snap out of my trance and roll my eyes. Then everyone gets in on the fun and starts flexing their muscles. I smile at our new crew. After they were done flexing Moose and everyone else puts their shirts back down and starts the new choreo again.

Aww man

I watch as everyone dances and the dance looks good so far.

"Are you gonna join in or not?" Andie asks.

"I will join in after your first performance. I have to warm myself back up again and that might take a little while."

"Okay that's fine, you can watch us for now, or just Moose like you've been doing this entire time," Andie jokes.

"Shut up!"

After a couple of weeks, this become a routine, got to school, after school practices and we would always sit together at lunch. All of us. One day after practice Chase decided that we should go out and we all went to a Japanese steak house. The food was so good and on the plus side, I got to be next to Moose the whole night which was an extra bonus. I got to see Andie struggle with chopsticks as Chase tries to help her.

Oh, they definitely like each other now.

"What are you thinking about?" Moose asked me.

"Just Chase and Andie, they obviously like each other, how much you wanna bet that after The Streets they're gonna be together?"

"After, not they like each other too much they will definitely get together before that."

"Then it's a bet Mooskie,"

"Mooskie?" Moose starts laughing.

"What I need a nickname for you," I say as I start laughing with him.

"Why Mooskie? You couldn't think of anything else?"

"I did think of something else but I didn't think you would like it if I ran up to you in the hallway saying 'What's up Moo?'" I start laughing hysterically at that point.

So does Moose.

I thought I would post this now since I probably won't be able to update again till Wednesday. :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.1K 303 29
Spencer isn't the average seventeen year old girl. She is intelligent, sassy, stubborn, independent and beautiful ( she doesn't see it, for she is lo...
9.5K 716 27
(#2 Book in the dance series.) Lea Rovera is a 24 y/o aspiring artist that has been inseparable from her best friend Estelle Beaufort at The Pink Ros...
Wren By S

Romance

25.5K 2.2K 44
(Book 5) *Complete* Wren grew up on the west coast, in a wealthy neighbourhood of Portland Oregon, she was not shy of attention, growing up with the...
146 3 31
THE BAD BOY Before I met Gianna, I'd thought I was living life to the fullest, wild and carefree. Now that I had her in my life I understood what it...