The Unbreakable Dancer

By lushwriterlvr

Tessa Wren is a painter(who can also secretly dance) at the Maryland School of the Arts (MSA) and is best fri... More

Characters
Chapter 1
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
A/N
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Book Request Book
A/N
Chapter 29
A/N

Chapter 2

5.3K 101 8
By lushwriterlvr

MSA and Dancing Boy

(Video of Dance battle) at top

I get back home after the Subway Fiasco and hand my mom the Advil she wanted.

"What took so long?"

"Umm subway dancers," I replied

"The ones here," my mom says while pointing at the TV showing what happened on the subway today.

"Yeah, that's the one."

"I'm happy your safe though. Those dancers have no respect. What kind of name is 4-1-0."

My eyes widen hearing the name and I knew that I had to talk to Andie

"Yeah, it's a weird name. Anyway, can I head over to Andie's now?"

"Okay fine, but be back before 11 okay."

I look at the clock and see that it's only 7. I nod and head back out the door to Andie's

I got to Andie's house and rang the doorbell. Andie answers the door.

"Hey, come in."

I follow Andie through the layout of her house and go to her room. She closes the door and we sit on her bed.

"Andie," I say very calmly. "What were you thinking?" I say as I hit her with a pillow I found on her bed.

"Dude, what the hell was that for?"

"Hmm, I don't know how about scaring me on the subway and blocking the doors. Oh! And we can't forget the police, can we? You're all over the news Andie. You need to start being careful you could get caught."

"Okay first off you need to chill out. It's not a big deal."

"Yes, it is Andie. I thought the 4-1-0 was just about dancing not running from the police. Do you know what would happen if Sarah found out that it was you? She has already threatened to send you to go live with your aunt Alice in Texas. I just don't want you to leave," I admitted.

"Nothing is going to happen to me-" Andie begins to say but Sarah's yelling cuts her off.

"Andie get down here now!" Sarah yells.

"Ugh, here I go," Andie says rolling her eyes at her guardian's behavior.

"Andie, you do know she's just trying to look out for you right," I said to her.

Andie shrugged her shoulders and went downstairs I followed shortly after since I have to go home.

I wave goodbye to Andie and Sarah and walk out of the door. After walking for not even a couple of minutes. I see Andie sneaking out and going somewhere.

I decide to follow her and her huge bag to this dance club.

I enter shortly after and see her talking to the bartender.

"Andie," I yell.

"Tessa, what are you doing here, I thought you and dance... Well split."

"We did but I had to find out what you were doing here. So you don't hurt yourself."

After a couple of minutes of not walking, I ask the question.

"What did Sarah do?"

"You were right Tessa, she said she is going send me to Texas to live with aunt Alice. Even if I got my act together, nothing will change her mind,"

"Yo, what are you two doing in here?"

I turned to locate the voice that said that It was Tyler Gage Andie's foster brother and apparently he heard what happened between Sarah and Andie.

I tuned them out and scanned the room, observing the different people dance.

I miss doing that.

I tuned back in on the conversation and payed attention.

"Maybe if you stop being so stubborn,maybe you'll realize there's less dramatic options," Tyler said.

"Oh really," Andie retorts back sarcastically "like what?"

"MSA, Maryland school of the-"

"I know what MSA is. Are you crazy? Do I look like some princess prima ballerina?"

"Andie," Tyler starts "What other options do you have? Hmm?"

I look to Andie and see her thinking.

"Andie you are good enough to go to MSA and if to go, you get to spend more time with me," I said to her.

Andie looks at me then back at Tyler as he starts talking again.

"Okay look listen to me, Sarah will give you one more shot. You have to know that MSA is no joke. You gotta go to class, you can't skip school, you gotta study."

"Not a chance, no way," Andie says backing up, looking to leave the conversation.

"Okay fine, I'll battle you for it. Right here right now." Tyler compromises.

"If you win, I never saw you two here tonight, but if I win you get your ass back home and go to MSA first thing in the morning."

Andie stares at Tyler blankly.

"I get it if you're scared. I mean I would be scared to going up against me." Tyler edges her on.

Andie rolls her eyes.

"Com'on no smile. Are you scared?"

"Andie do it, show him how much better you have gotten over the years," I but in encouraging her.

Then the music stops in the club and the DJ starts talking.

"Alright hold it hold it. It looks like we have royalty in th house. Everybody make some noise for Tyler Gage."

Everybody in the club starts yelling and hollering and clapping for Tyler.

"Since he is in year y'all know we got to do something special. Alright everyone clear the floor."

Everyone clears the floor and two females come out lifting up pieces of the floor to reveal trampolines.

Why is there trampolines under the floor?

I nudge her and signal her to go follow Tyler to the floor to battle. SHe smiles and rolls her eyes at me and follows him.

The music starts and Tyler starts dancing I look at his moves and he's doing great. The battle started off pretty good. I still can't believe that Tyler still got it. It was finally Andie's turn and she goes off using the trampoline to her advantage. I know that Tyler will probably beat her, but she is an amazing dancer. Both Tyler and Andie were using the trampoline and dancing their hearts out. Everyone was having a good time, it made me miss my old dancing days a little but I know I had to put those behind me.

After a a lot of bounces and tricks Tyler ended up taking his shirt off using the pole and winning the battle. Andie shakes her head at him and walks off.

"Hey you did great,"

"I know,"

While we were walking out we ran into a guy in a black hoodie.

"It's alright ma you did good." Hoodie guys says right before he walks off.

I grab my phone out of my pocket and checked the time and saw that it was almost twelve.

"Oh shit Andie. I'm sorry I have to go or my mom will kill me."

"Its okay go, I'll tell you how the talk with Sarah will go and the audition."

I give her a hug.

"You'll do great I know it," I said running off in the direction of my house.

********************************************************************************

I get back home and try to creep upstairs to my room but mom caught me.

"Why are you back so late?"

"I'm sorry, I lost track of time because me and Andie ran into Tyler."

"Tyler Gage?"

"Yeah"

"How's he doing?"

"He's doing well ma."

"Okay Im not mad just text me and check your phone more often please."

I nodded and went upstairs to my room.

**********************Time skip to monday*************

I wake up, get dressed and grab my lunch before walking out my fron door to got to school. I am slightly stressed since I haven't heard anything from Andie all weekend. I hope she made it. That would be amazing if she did. I enter the doors and see Maddy.

"How was your weekend?" I asked her.

"Boring, but I did finish this new drawing for class," She said cheerfully.

She hand me this drawing of ancer doing what looks like a flip.

"This is amazing!" I complemented her.

"Thanks Tess."

We walk into the hallway and till someone from behind bumps me.

"Hey watch were you're- Andie!" I give her a hug.

"You made it. I knew you would."

"Yeah, I did, thanks for the encouragement. Hey Mads, long time no see"

"Sup Andie hows it going?" Maddy asked her while they were doing theri little handshake.

"Pretty good. But it would be better if I knew where the dance classroom is."

"Okay com'on we'll show you." I said.

Me and Maddy drop her off at the dance room and told her that we would see her at lunch.

***********************Lunch***************************************

Andie's POV

I walk out of the buildings door with my bought lunch trying to find a place to sit.

I look for Tess and Mads but I don't see them. I guess I will save them a seat. I see a table in the distance but someone throws their lunch all over it. I would guess that they were aiming for the trashcan.

I walk to the table and push the thrown plate away from me and set my lunch down. I pull out my phone and texted Tess 'Where are U?' I hit send and I hear a voice next to my face.

"You're in my seat."

I slowly look up at him and observe hime. He looks tall but that could be just because I'm sitting down. He has his brown curly hair hidden away by brownish hat but the curls poke throught at the bottom.

He laughs awkwardly.

"I'm kidding. This is my seat, but I'll' give you a pass for the day. He walks to the other side of the table as a kid throws his lunch away and misses.

"Nice, nice shirt Napolean Dynamite nice. You look fantastic today."

He sits down and sets his backpack down.

"What's up. I'm Robert Alexander III, but you can call me Moose."

Moose? As in the animal. That's and interesting name.

"Sup I'm Andie," I said to him as I give him a fist bump.

"Aw no it's like this," Moose says. "You gotta blow it up"

We fist bump again but we 'blew' it up this time

"Pull it back like that," I pull my hand back, copying him. "Nice"

"Yep its mine so shhh." I smile and laugh slightly at his odd but funny behavior.

I look to the side and see a kid puring down the soda in the trashcan.

"You're not eating?" Moose asked

"You call this food?"

"Tofu dogs are both nutritious and delicious." I raise my eyebrows at him.

Moose takes a bite of the tofu dog and ends up having mustard on him upper lip.

"Mmm taste like candy canes on christmas," He starts singing. I laugh at him.

"What?" he asked.

'You got crap on your face." I say gathering my stuff

He grabs a napkin and wipes his face.

"See I knew we could help each other out."

"What make you think I need help?"

He looks at my schedule realizing its upside down and flips it rightside up.

"Trust me I have what you need. I have the inside on everything. Who's dating who's hating and who's hooking up." He wraps his arm around my neck and we walk together.

Tessa POV

I race outside to find Andie so I could apologize for not meeting up with her. I had to stay back and help Maddy with her abstract project for her pottery class.

I scan the courtyard to try and find her. I finally spot her with a guy. I walk over to them and I apologize.

"Andie I am so sorry I left you. I had to stay back and help Maddy with her pottery project."

"Its fine. I had someone to keep me company. Tessa meet Moose. Apparently he has the inside on everything."

I look to the guy she was referring to and realize that he looks familiar but I just can't put my finger on it.

"Hey" I say to him

"Sup" he says back.

"We were just gonna walk around. You wanna join?" Moose asked me.

"Sure", I walk over to the other side of him so that he would be in the middle between me and Andie.

We walk around for a little till I start hearing one of my favoirte songs The way I Are by Timbaland. I look to where its coming from and see that its coming from Moose's phone.

"Its my mom," he says ending the call.

"Oh my gosh," Andie says smiling. "That's not your ringtone."

"What its the coolest thing ever," Moose defended

"Andie how are you still hating on this song. Its amazing." I said to her.

"See Tess gets it."

Andie rolls her eyes.

"Okay fine, here, listen," Moose says while he turns up the volume and pays the song again.

Moose starts beetboxing and I smile at him.

"Here we go. Here we go. Watch me."

Moose starts climbing up the steps to the beat of the song and starts dancing.

"Woo go Moose," I say to him hyping him up.

Andie laughs and nods her head as Moose dancing up and down the steps.

Wow. He can dance. He's really go at it.

Moose takes off his backpack as he dances and reaches the top of the steps. He hits the micheal Jackson move and keeps doing it till a student walks through the door and stares at him.

Me and Andie walk to Moose.

"I don't know him," Andie says to the student.

"That is so sick, I didn't know you could dance." I complement him.

"Its whatever," he says looking down and back up at me.

"What are you talking about. Why don't you dance here?" Andie asked.

"I can freestyle alright but I didn't get in here for dance. I mean I, they didn't think I could do choreography. So now I'm all about light design."

My face frown at the though of other people thinking that Moose couldn't do choreography.

I think he could.

Then a blonde dude comes out the door looking angry.

"Well it looks like someone is in a good mood," Andie says teasingly.

I guess she knows who this guy is.

"Must be hard living in the shadow of a legend," Andie goes on.

"Wow, is that coming from the MSA charity case?" blond guys says rudely.

"Um excuse you?" I say to him ready to defend my friend.

"I was kidding," Andie said then she looks at Moose "You were right he is such an ass. I'm outta here. She walks into the building where the blonde dude just came out of. I glare at the blonde guy and follow Andie into the building.

New chapter is out :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

261K 3.6K 55
"๐‘Œ๐‘œ๐‘ข ๐‘ค๐‘–๐‘™๐‘™ ๐‘˜๐‘›๐‘œ๐‘ค ๐‘คโ„Ž๐‘’๐‘› ๐‘–๐‘ก'๐‘  ๐‘™๐‘œ๐‘ฃ๐‘’, ๐‘Ÿ๐‘’๐‘Ž๐‘™ ๐‘™๐‘œ๐‘ฃ๐‘’, ๐‘๐‘’๐‘๐‘Ž๐‘ข๐‘ ๐‘’ ๐‘ฆ๐‘œ๐‘ข ๐‘ค๐‘–๐‘™๐‘™ ๐‘ ๐‘ข๐‘‘๐‘‘๐‘’๐‘›๐‘™๐‘ฆ ๐‘ ๐‘ก๐‘Ž๐‘Ÿ๐‘ก ๐‘๐‘’๐‘™๐‘–๐‘’๐‘ฃ๐‘–๐‘›๐‘”...
2.1K 303 29
Spencer isn't the average seventeen year old girl. She is intelligent, sassy, stubborn, independent and beautiful ( she doesn't see it, for she is lo...
1.6M 101K 82
Nolan, an unapproachable guy who ignores the existence of all his schoolmates, sleeps in all of his classes. Normally, this wouldn't be Chelsea Arnol...
9.8K 667 50
"Dance with me?" Kadence brought out his hand to me and waited for my answer. I grabbed his hand and stood. I then realize the song he chose. My ma...