Fire and Shadows (DarklingxOC...

By TonijnPonijn

What would happen if Alina Starkov had a sister. Would they fight over Mal? Would she also be a Grisha? Wo... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
A/N
Sequel

Chapter 7

3.6K 115 29
By TonijnPonijn

Chapter 7

A couple of hours later, I'm woken up by a knock on my door.

"Come in." I yell.

The door opens and Alina pocks her head through.

"Dinner time." Alina exclaims, while walking in and closing the door behind her.

I get out of bed and walk over to my vanity mirror. My hair is a mess and my eyes are red.

"Let me just quickly brush my hair and then we can go." I say while picking up my hairbrush and starting to brushing though the nest on my head.

"Did you get any letters today?" Alina asks while sitting on my bed.

"No, none. Why?"

"I still haven't gotten anything from Mal." She explains.

"That's weird." I say while trying to undo a big knot.

"That's what I thought." She exclaims. "Do you think he forgot us?" She asks softly.

"No, Mal grew up with us, he loves us. He wouldn't just forgot about us after four days." I reassure her while braiding my hair.

"I guess." She says, not completely convinced.

"I'm done." I say, turning towards Alina. She stands up and together we walk to dinner.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

When we arrive at the dinning room, Alina and I split up. She goes to Nadia and Marie and I go over to Mila and Dimitri. While walking over to them, my gaze slides over to the General's chair. It's empty.

"Hey guys." I say sitting down next to Mila.

"Hey Anya." Mila greets, giving me a side hug.

Dimitri gives me a nod and small smile. I return his actions.

"So, how was your second lesson with Baghra?" Mila asks while servants bring us our food.

I nervously chuckle. "Not good." I say, before digging into my meal.

"Oh no, what happened?" Mila asks, turning to me concerned.

"She hit me with her cane, a lot. She didn't explain a thing. And she said some thing about my mother. You know, the usual."

Mila's jaw drops and Dimitri looks up from his plate.

"She did not." Mila says shocked.

"She did. This woman has some bizarre teaching methods."

"You need to get another teacher." Mila says.

"She can't." Dimitri interrupts. "There is only one teacher here, and it's Baghra."

I sigh, disappointed.

"Then go to the General." She proposes.

I look up at her with big eyes.

"Are you crazy? I'm not going to annoy the General with something this small."

"Judging by the redness of you eyes, it wasn't something small." Dimitri comments. I blush. I was hoping no one would notice that.

"The General would want you to get your powers under control sooner rather than later. If you want, I can even propose myself to be your teacher."

"Thanks Mila, but I don't think he would let you." I say, truly touched by her proposition. I sigh, thinking over my options. I could just keep going to Baghra, but then the time it will take me to harness my powers, will be a lot longer. Or I go to the General with a 50/50 chance he helps me.

"Fine, I'll go talk to the General after dinner."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

11 PM. I fall back in my bed with a sigh. I've been contemplating going to the General for about 30 minutes. I know I told Mila and Dimitri I would go, but I've been having second thoughts. I should just go, who knows when he goes to bed. I don't want to come too late. You know what, I'll just go.

I stand up and walk over to my closet. I take out a black shawl and drape it over my night gown. I put on my heeled slippers and walk out the door.

They candles in the hallway are still lit. I've just realized I have no idea where the General is. I'll just ask, I'm sure the guards know.

I walk up to the nearest guard.

"Excuse me, do you know where I could find the General?" I ask politely.

"Looking for me?" A familiar voice says behind me.

I turn around and see the General, an amused look on his face.

I'm so shocked, I curtsy. Why? I have no idea. I panicked.

Once I realize what I'm doing, I quickly straighten back up.

"Sorry." I quickly apologize, embarrassed out of my mind.

He bows slightly.

"I didn't know we were so formal, miss Starkov." He comments, smirking.

I blush.

"You were looking for me?" He asks, bringing us back to our original conversation.

"Yes, I wanted to talk to you about something, sir."

His smirk grows at my formality.

"Let's discuss it in my office. Shall we?" He says, offering his arm.

I look at him for a second, before accepting his offer. He leads me down corridors, before stopping in front of a set of big black doors.

I let go of his arm and he opens the doors.

His office is beautiful. The walls are lined with bookshelves and in the center of the room is a big round table. Close to the back wall, sits his desk.

I go and stand in between the table and his desk, while he leans against it.

"So, what did you want to talk about, miss Starkov." He says, pronouncing my name in an amused tone.

"Well, it's about Baghra." I start.

He sighs. "What did she do this time?"

"I don't think her teaching methods are helping me."

He looks at me intently. "What do you mean?"

"She said some rude things to me and she keeps hitting me with her cane. I think her method is to annoy us until we break and show our powers. But it's having the opposite effect on me." I explain, while fiddling with the edge of my shawl.

The General notices me fiddling, but ignores it.

"And what would you want me to do about it?" He asks, standing up.

"Well, I thought maybe you could find someone else to teach me." I say, looking at my finger, still fiddling.

He grabs my wrist, making me drop my shawl and look up at him.

"Don't be so nervous. I won't bite." He says in a low voice, looking into my eyes.

I nod perplexed.

"If you'd like, I could teach you." He proposes, dropping my wrist.

"You?" I ask, surprised.

"Don't sound so disappointed." He says, a smirk back on his face.

"I'm not." I quickly clarify, not wanting him to get the wrong impression. "I would be honored."

"Good." He says walking back to his desk and sitting down. "I'll see you tomorrow then."

I nod and thank him again, before turning and heading towards the door.

When my hand touches the door nob, I stop. I turn my head back towards him.

"Where should I meet you?"

"Don't worry, I'll come and get you." He explains.

"Goodnight Anya." He says while I open the door.

I've never really found my name special, but the way he said it, you would think I was a saint.

"Goodnight, General." I say, before turning around.

"Call me Aleksander." He says, interrupting my leave.

"Goodnight... Aleksander." I correct myself, before leaving his office with a blush rising on my cheeks.

A/N: Ayo, we passed 30 readers! I hope you enjoyed this chapter.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

22.9K 761 29
Let's just say Alexander won't be the Starless One anymore... Set shortly before the events of Shadow and Bone, adding a new powerful eternal Grisha...
3.5K 112 19
A few days after Alina and I escaped the clutches of my brother, the former Ravkan general of the Second Army, Aleksander Kirigan, we parted ways. I...
24K 706 32
Every coin has two sides. The same can be said for people. Her name is Wysteria Kirigan. A rare type of Grisha. A shadow summoner. After the events...
37.6K 1.1K 51
The cousin of Alina Starkov...unknowingly has the same magic as Alina, and Aleksander. When the Darkling takes a liking to the both of them what wil...