The Killer or The Detective (...

By FreeFlyer68

Kira was a very intelligent killer in Japan. L was the best detective the world has ever known. But did anyon... More

It All Starts Here
The Nations Meet
The Chess Game Begins
Late Nights and New Assignments
Sweet Gestures
Are You Kira
New Information and Confusion
A Traumatic Bus Ride
The Meaning of Justice
To Trust
The Real L
A Red Tint
The Envelope of Names
Feeling Tired and Stressed
Which Side is the Pawn on
Forehead Kiss
A Detainment Plan
The Hard Part
The Points Make it Clear
The Entrance Exams
The Differences Between L and Kira
Tennis with Sickness
Sick or Flustered
A Simple Walk Home
Something Unseeable
A Copycat
Caring For You
Kira Joins the Kira Task Force
The Response
'Shinigami'
A Plan
Light's Girlfriend
Heartache and Healing
Donuts
Physical Evidence Discovered
Taking a Break
The Original Confession
Wait For Me to Come Back
To Tell or Not
Going Back to Work
An Awful Date
Losing and Gaining
It Is Time to Rest
The Original Light Yagami
Concern
A Night with Yotsuba
The Great Divide
A Plan of Her Own
The Girl Team
You Are the Fourth Kira
Do Kiss and Tell
The How and Who
Kira Investigation: Closed
Ending: Light Yagami
Ending: L Lawliet

The Last Component

1.2K 70 15
By FreeFlyer68

The plan was going to initiate today. Misa's shoot was supposed to be over soon, and you were eager for her phone call. You were anxious, and you sat at your desk in your bedroom, waiting. You were also writing on your laptop. You continued your notes about Higuchi and included everything Rem had said. When your phone started to ring, you jumped a little. You answered the call and set your phone against your ear.

   " Hello? Misa? "

   " Y/n, Higuchi is right outside waiting for me. "

   " So you were able to get away from Mogi. Great! Remember be careful. "

   " I will! Just trust me, Y/n! "

   " I do Misa. Go meet him but remember to pretend to not have your phone open and listen. "

   " Got it. "

You heard shuffling, and you assumed Misa was putting her phone in her pocket. The shuffling noises continued until you heard her speak to someone.

   " What an amazing car! "

   " If you like it, I'll give you a ride anytime or buy you one of your own. By the way, I'm loving the murse's outfit, Misa. "

You could feel yourself shiver from the perverted comment. You hated that this mission included Misa, getting close to Higuchi, but you both understood it needed to be done. 

   ' This guy. . .He's so creepy. '

You understood that you needed to be quiet and that no noise could occur in your room. Because Higuchi had a chance to hear it or hear people talking, you told Ryuzaki and Light that you were going to bed early, and you locked your suite door and your bedroom door. Being Quiet was crucial.

   " I'm glad you like it. " Misa giggled.

You heard the opening and closing of a car door, assuming Misa got in the car. You listened to the engine roar as they drove off.

   ' Mogi will find out in a few seconds that Misa has gone missing, and he's going to alert the others. Misa perfected the timing, and she got out of there in just the right amount of time. Now, she just needs to be very careful about being with Higuchi. '

   " Hey, Misa? "

You perked up at hearing Higuchi talk, and you left your thoughts to listen to his words.

   " Huh? "

   " How about we grab a bite to eat? "

   " Are you planning to take me somewhere and do pervy things to me? " Misa asked, sighing.

   " Well, even if you are, that's okay. " She continued.

   ' Alright, we did not discuss this, but I'm going to have to trust her. '

   " I'll be fine, since I can kill people. "

   " Come on, you're just kidding with me, aren't you, Misa? You can kill people? " Higuchi said with a laugh.

   " Yup, it's true. And you know why? Because I'm the Second Kira. "

Your full attention was on the phone, and you were ready to listen and type down everything he said. While they spoke, you typed down their lines to keep track of the conversation. A rough laugh left Higuchi's throat, and he responded,

   " Misa. . .You don't have to make up stuff like that to feel safe with me. I'm sure you'll find that I'm quite the gentleman. "

   " Yeah, maybe. Anyway, I'll only prove that I'm the Second Kira to the real Kira. "

   " You'll only show proof to Kira? Why? "

   " I'd show him because it's always been my dream to become Kira's wife. I know he'll need me by his side once I tell him. "

Higuchi's laugh this time was loud, and you jumped in your chair from the sound of his laugh. His laugh didn't sound right. It sounded like he wasn't going to believe her; it sounded fake. Nevertheless, you knew that Misa had hooked him, and he was now interested even further into Misa.

   " Well, since I happen to be Kira, does that mean you'll marry me? "

You heard a pause on the other end, and while Misa pretended to look surprised, you looked at the time on your laptop.

   ' Crap, I need to get to the hotel. I couldn't go earlier today, because Ryuzaki kept asking for my thoughts on his notes. And Light's been even more clingy than usual since the kiss with Ryuzaki. I need to leave now. '

   " Really? "

   " Yeah! I mean it. "

   " What? Then prove it to me! Come on, let's prove it to each other! " Misa insisted.

   " I can't do that. It'd be a pretty bad idea to let someone witness how I kill people. "

   " You think so? I don't know. If I thought someone was Kira, I think I'd be willing to show them. We'd never get anywhere if I didn't. "

   " Then why don't you kill someone? After all, I could be the real Kira. "

You unplugged your computer and ran to your closet, grabbing a small bag. You put your laptop charger in your bag and shut your laptop. You muted your phone, so they wouldn't hear anything going on at your side of the phone. You left your room when you were prepared, keeping the phone to your ear.

   " Oh, all right, but I only kill bad people, okay? "

   " Huh? That's right. A bad person. "

You heard shuffling on Misa's side of the phone, and someone was typing. This gave you enough time to run down the stairs and get to the lobby. Unfortunately, when you got to the lobby, everyone was down there, still awake.

   " Y/n, I thought you were going to bed. " Mr. Yagami said.

   " I-I was but something happened, and I'm needed somewhere. "

   " Are you going to meet with Misa Amane? " Ryuzaki asked.

You felt yourself pause as you were a few feet from the door. There was still typing on the other end of the phone, so you still had some time, but not enough.

   " She escaped Mogi not long ago, and now you're running out of the building due to an occasion. Tell me, how is your plan going? "

   " . . . "

   " Well? "

   " It's going great. But I need to leave. "

You ran out of the building and hailed a cab. They started driving to the hotel you planned to meet Misa at.

   " This is Ginzo Kaneboshi. President of a major finance company. He's infamous for his immoral collection methods. Sometimes, he even makes people pay with their insurance money. How about him? "

   " Would you be able to confirm his death right away? "

   " Yeah, as soon as I call him. "

   " Okay then. Could you turn around for just a sec? "

   ' Now, this is where Rem, comes into place. '

The cab stopped in front of your hotel, and you ran inside. You told the receptionist the room you booked, and she handed you the key. You went up the stairs and ran into the hotel room. Once inside, you sat on the couch and started typing away on your computer. You unmuted your phone and continued to listen. You didn't keep your phone muted the entire time out of fear that Misa could call you and you would need to respond. But that would only happen if things went South.

   " All right. He should be dead by now. "

You listened intently, hoping that Rem had followed through with your plan and didn't betray you. And it seemed that your plan was working.

   " Hello, this is Higuchi from Yotsuba--"

It was quiet on the other end, and you guessed that it was because Higuchi was surprised.

   " Told ya. "

It was quiet for a few moments longer before your head shuffled, and Misa gasped, screaming a little.

   ' He's making a move! '

You were prepared to end the call with Misa and call Ryuzaki and tell him where Misa was, but you hesitated and let Misa continue. She said that she would call out to you if she felt like she was in danger.

   " So, If I'm Kira, you'll marry me, right? "

Higuchi's voice was closer now, and his tone was impatient with a hidden tone of excitement. You felt bad for Misa, and you were prepared to call it off.

   " Hey, why are you getting so serious all of a sudden? "

   " Because I'm Kira. "

   " Then prove it. "

   " I'm not gonna be able to kill until I get home. You understand? "

   " Oh, well, that's no good then. For all I know, you're just making all this up, so you have an excuse to take me to your place. " Misa said, sounding disappointed.

   " Wait I know! "

   " Hmm? "

   " Why don't you stop killing the criminals on TV? That should prove it. If you're Kira, it should be no problem. You can start killing again when I tell you to. If all the times and deaths match up, then I'll believe you. After all, killing criminals in that way is something that only Kira can do. "

You were happy that Misa was rich. Her cellphone would record everything being said, and she could still be on the call with you. 

   " I see what you mean. That's a good idea. All, right Misa. I'm Kira, so in order to make you trust me and prove that I'm him, I'll stop killing criminals for the time being. Then once you're fully convinced I'm the real thing, you and I can get married. "

You ended the call with Misa and looked down at your notes. You couldn't believe it. You had finally gotten the one thing you needed since the beginning of the investigation. You got a confession. After a couple of minutes, you called Misa back and pretended you were in danger and needed help.

   " I'm on my way! "

Misa hung up on you, and now, you had to wait for her to come to the hotel. After you would meet up, you could go to the task force and show them the concession, and the investigation could finally end. You felt relieved, but at the same time, you knew you couldn't relax yet. There was still so much left to do. 

   ' I just need LIght and Ryuzaki to get out of those handcuffs. When that happens, I can talk to Ryuzaki, and when we apprehend Higuchi, Ryuzaki will understand that LIght does not need to touch the notebook. '

When Misa walked into the room, you ran to her and hugged her.

   " I'm glad you're okay. Did he suspect anything? "

   " He doesn't suspect a thing. "

   " Good, did you get his confession recorded? "

   " Yup! "

Misa showed you the recording and played it.

   "  I see what you mean. That's a good idea. All, right Misa. I'm Kira, so in order to make you trust me and prove that I'm him, I'll stop killing criminals for the time being. Then once you're fully convinced I'm the real thing, you and I can get married "

   " Good job Misa! Girls team! "

   " Girls team! "

You high-fived and waited half an hour before going to the task force to show them the confession.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

188K 5.2K 30
You are the world's greatest detective, even above L. Your abilities were only reserved if the world was to have another World War so, as a hobby, yo...
497K 15.4K 40
Kira finally became God of the New World. | | The famous detective L had hidden himself away, trying to think of comebacks to bring real justice back...
12.2K 397 22
"Till death do us part." "Don't say that. Not yet." Rivalry between the two best detectives in the world. The secretive emotionless insomniac and the...
1.6K 56 18
Is everything that we do our fate ? Or is it our choices ? What are bonds ? How deep do they go ? It may seem like everything that we do is our fate...