Enchantress

By Ginnyzyn

Enchantress Book Series-1 ••• ♡ ••• Jennifer Andez is a simple beautiful college going girl. Her life was bea... More

••• Author's Note •••
Prologue
Chapter - 1
Chapter - 2
Chapter - 3
Chapter - 4
Chapter - 5
Chapter - 6
Chapter - 7
Chapter - 8
Chapter - 9
Chapter - 10
Chapter - 11
Chapter - 12
Chapter - 14
Chapter - 15
Chapter - 16
Chapter - 17
Chapter - 18
Chapter - 19
Chapter - 20
Chapter - 21
Chapter - 22
Chapter - 23
Chapter - 24
Chapter - 25
Chapter - 26
Chapter - 27
Chapter - 28
Chapter - 29
Chapter - 30
Chapter - 31
Chapter - 32
Chapter - 33
Chapter-34
Chapter - 35
Chapter-36
Chapter - 37
Chapter - 38
Chapter - 39
Chapter - 40
Chapter - 41
Chapter - 42
Chapter - 43
Chapter - 44
Chapter - 45
Chapter - 46
Epilogue
Announcement

Chapter - 13

255 19 35
By Ginnyzyn

Sean Peterson's POV :

It's been four months since Massimo Knight have warned I and Daniel about Jenifer. From that day am meeting my sister almost everyday to make sure that she is safe and guarded. Right now, I and Daniel is returning home from airport. We both have been to Florence for inaugurating our new five star hotel. Usually, wherever we go our guards will protect us from forth and back. This is how our security check have been organised. The same way we are traveling today also. When we both were discussing about business and stuff, suddenly the car which was paving us path stopped with a jerk. Both of our heads snapped to the front from our laptops.

" What's wrong, Matto ?". I enquired my driver who's also my personal bodyguard.

" Lemme check, Sir. Give me a minute ". He replied me and stepped outside the car.

I and Daniel returned our attention back to our laptop. In the meanwhile, my driver came to us and peeked inside through the window. " Sir, the path have been blocked. I will go have a look and will take some time to clear the way for us. You both stay inside the car until I come back, Sir ". Matto informed me and I nodded my head in response.

Few minutes passed. Then one hour passed and almost Daniel started dozing off. But still we are stuck in the same place. I started losing my patience.

" Who the heck blocked the way in the middle of the highway ?". I cursed to myself and stepped out of the car to check the issue by myself. I could see some barrels, tyres on the road everywhere and few car's were also parked in zigzag.

" Matto, I want to have a talk with the traffic in charge of this particular boundary level right now !". I ordered my driver. " Someone have created this huge mess in the middle of the highway and what these officers are doing ?".

My driver immediately nodded his head and tried to connect the officer to my line. While I was just standing there and inspecting the surrounding carefully, I felt something wrong and suspicious. It feels like a trap. I clear my throat and turned my head towards my car and saw Daniel stepping out of the car.

" Daniel, I'll handle this. You stay inside". I ordered him but he kept walking towards me.

" Are you deaf or what? I telling you to stay inside the damn car !". I scolded him when he reached near me and stood beside me. He didn't say anything but yawned lazily.

He will never listen to me .

I slammed my head and stepped towards the barrels to examine them. Daniel sat on the front of our car and removed his suit coat. I touched the barrels and felt oil all over on it. My hands turned dirty and when I was about to turn back to ask tissues from Daniel, he came running to me and hugged me tightly.

What does he want now? Why is he hugging me all of a sudden?

" What's wrong, Daniel? Step away from me ". I frowned and tried to pushed him through his shoulders but I stilled when he screamed in pain.

What the hell ?

My eyes snapped open when I saw blood on my palm and that was Daniel's. My heart literally stopped and I couldn't think straight. With a sudden shock I moved my eyes towards his shoulders and saw blood oozing out from there. He gripped his shoulder with his other arm and fell on the ground. He was twisting and turning in pain. I kneed down beside him and removed my suit coat to cover his wound. "Dani... Dan... Daniel !". My words shuttered. He didn't listen to me. He kept screaming in pain.

Before I could realise things, Matto came running towards me. " Sir, get inside the car. There is a sniper around ". He informed me and rushed towards the bushes far from us along with a few more guards. That's when I understood about what happened.

A sniper shot my Daniel !!! Fuck !!!

Without wasting no time, I lifted him through his other arm and made him sit inside the car. Then I drove away from that place to the nearest hospital.

" You could have informed me instead of stepping in front of me, you idiot ". I gritted my teeth and yelled at them while driving to the hospital.

" Bastard, there was no time. He already pulled the trigger and Matto also screamed your name but your dump ass didn't hear him. That's when I realised that there is a bullet storming towards your heart. You want me to stand there and watch you die ?". He yelled at me with pain in his voice.

I couldn't see the road really because of the tears forming in my eyes. " My best friend got shot to save me. How am gonna pay him back ?". I wiped my tears and gritted my teeth. We both know who could have done this.

" We should kill him Daniel. I'm definitely gonna kill him with my bare hands ". I grippy my steering wheel and yelled.

" Massimo will pay for this but for god sake Sean drive fast. The bullet is still stuck in my shoulders and the pain is unbearable ". Daniel twisted in pain. I drove as fast as I could and within no time we reached the nearby hospital.

" I want the best doctors in this country right now !". I yelled at the receptionist and Daniel got admitted in Intensive Care Unit. I sat on the chair placed outside the ICU and waited for the doctor to know about Daniel's condition. Matto marched towards me and stood beside impatiently. I looked at him and raised my brows at him.

" Sir, the news flashed and the entire media is waiting outside to know about Mr. Adams condition ". He informed me. I rubbed my face with my hand and mom's face flashed before my eyes.

" Matto, I don't want mom to know about this. Keep her out of this and make sure the mansion is guarded well ". I ordered him sternly. He nodded his head and walked away from me.

I am more than angry and guilt is killing me from inside. My friend is in this situation because of me. The sniper aimed but Daniel received it to save my life. I never had a family but Daniel. " What I ever did to deserve his friendship ?". I wiped my tears in anger and that's when Jenifer crossed my mind. " Oh shit! I literally forgot about her ". I face slammed myself and immediately dialled Jen's number in my mobile. She didn't pick up my call even after three times I pinged her. I started losing my patience and pinged her again and again. After three ring she picked my call this time. "JEN, are you ok? Why are you not picking up my calls ?". I literally yelled at her without minding about my tone.

" Sorry, Sean. I'm at work and the shop is crowded today. Umm... you angry on me ?. She replied me and her voice got really low at the end. I mentally slapped my face for venting out my frustration on her. I closed my eyes and calmed my tone.

" I'm sorry, honey. It's Just... Umm... can you please come to San Raffele Hospital, right now ?". I asked her gently. I pleased her to come to the hospital because I want to keep her beside me, safely. After what happened to Daniel even when I was around him I couldn't trust anyone else with Jen anymore. My heart won't stop throbbing until I see Jen in person. " Will you come, Jen ?". I again asked her.

" Sean, why to hospital? You alright? Did anything happened to anyone ?". Her voice expressed how much worried she's about me and unknown smile tugged on my lips.

"Jen, I am alright. It's just that I want you to be with me, beside me ". I explained her.

" Sure, Sean. I'll reach the hospital right away ". She promised me.

" You don't have to take the bus, Jen. My driver will pick you. Just stay inside the shop until my driver arrives there. Am I clear ?". I carefully told her to wait inside the shop she's working in.

She hummed I response and I hunged up the call. While I was waiting for Jen, doctor rushed outside of the Intensive Care Unit and stood infront of me. " Mr. Peterson ?". He asked me and I nodded my head in response. I couldn't say anything because I was scared. I could never afford to lose Daniel.

" Mr. Peterson, your friend Mr. Adams is losing lots of blood and there is a bullet stuck in his right shoulder. If we don't operate it out immediately then the consequences will be worse ". Doctor informed me.

" Then what the hell are you waiting for? Call the best surgeon and save him ". I yelled out of frustration.

" But we need a signature from any of his family members to perform the surgery, Mr. Peterson ". He filled me with facts.

" I will sign. I am his damn brother. Give me the papers ". I snatched the papers from the doctors hand and signed it immediately. Within few minutes the surgery have started and I again sat on the chair outside the ICU. I rested my head on the wall behind me and closed my eyes. A lone tear escaped from a closed eyes and I felt a small hand place gently on my shoulder. I opened my eyes and saw Jenifer standing beside me with concern filled in her face. I starred at her for a minute and she cupped my face when another tear slipped away from my eyes.

" Sean....". That's it. I lost it. My sister is standing here beside me and holding my big face in her little hands and uttering my name with so much love and care, made me lose my control. I couldn't hold back my tears anymore. I hugged her and buried my face on her stomach. It didn't even take a minute for her to run her fingers softly into my hair.

" Sean, you are scaring me. Why are you here? What happened ?". She is not worried and nervous equally. I sniffed and took a deep breath.

" Jen, don't ask me anything. Just stay with me. Don't ever leave my side. Please...". I begged her without breaking the hug. I want her to stay with me because I can keep her safe and also I need her to be with me in my bad days. Nowadays, she's kind of become my serotonin boost. She hugged my face and placed a gentle kiss on the top of my head. My eyes snapped opened and I looked up at her.

My little sister kissed her only brother for the first time !

She gave me a small smile and wiped my tears with her hands. " I won't go anywhere leaving you alone here after knowing that my big brother will cry like a small baby without me !". She teased me and pulled my cheeks playfully. I chuckled and took her hands in mine. I slowly placed a kiss in both of their palm and again looked up at her.

" Thanks, Jen. Thanks for staying and accepting this crying baby as your big brother ". I teased her back and she chuckled rolling her eyes. She then sat beside me and circled her arm around mine and pulled me closer to her.

" Whoever it is inside the operating theatre will be fit as a fiddle and will stay with you forever, Sean. Don't worry. Everything is gonna be alright ". she assured me and gabe me a boosting smile.

Without blinked my eyes I looked at my little girl who is now trying to soothe me with her words. Little did she know that it's Daniel who she's talking about. She tried to convince me saying that the person will stay with me forever and that's what my mind was screaming too.

I want my Daniel fit as fiddle and with me always.

Jenifer Andez's POV :

I have no idea why Sean sent his driver to drive me to the hospital while I was still working. I couldn't say no to him because he sounded so sad and I also wanted to be with him. When I reached the hospital, I saw Sean sitting there with his eyes closed. I could see some blood strains on his white dress shirt. I gulped and touched his shoulders. He opened his eyes and hugged me immediately. He asked me to simply stay with him with tears forming in his eyes and my heart gave in just like that. I sat beside him and was more than confuse. It seems like someone is terribly injured or sick and that someone must be very close to Sean. That's why he is this much shattered. I mentally prsyed for that special someone to come back safely to my big brother Sean.

After few hours, Sean asked his driver Mr. Matto to stay beside me and went outside saying that he needs to make an emergency call.

Why is he always asking his driver to stay with me when he is not around ?

I rolled my boringly and looked at myself. I'm still wearing my work outfit which is very dirty because of the kitchen mess i caused today. I look like a creep and everyone in the hospital is now looking at me disgustingly. I lowered my head and closed my eyes.

Sean, why you make me come here? I'm embarrassed now !

I mentally scolded Sean and was waiting their patiently. Then I saw one male doctor approached me and eyes me up and down as if am an alien.

" Miss?? Where is Mr. Peterson ?". He asked me sternly.

"Umm.. He have gone out to make an important phone call. Anything serious ?". I asked him carefully.

" Well, I shouldn't be disclosing the details of my patients with a creepy stranger like you. Where is.....". Before he could complete his sentence Sean yelled from behind.

" Try talking to her like that again and I will break your nose ". Sean screamed at the doctor and pulled me into his arms. I lowered my head in shame for looking like a creep.

" Sorry Mr. Peterson. it's just that she and her clothes.... ". Doctor tried to calm him but Sean yelled again.

" Just shut up. Say why you are here ?". Sean scolded him harshly.

" Yes, Mr. Peterson. The surgery have been done successfully and Mr.Adams is safe now. But he won't be able to move his right hand and shoulder for a few more days. I'll shift him to the room in a couple of hours ". Saying this doctor walked away from us.

Mr. Adams ??? Mr. Adams is Daniel right ??? What happened to him ???

Fear engulfed me and I pulled myself away from Sean. " Mr. Daniel Adams ?". I asked him and mentally prayer for him to say no but unfortunately Sean nodded his head. My heart broke into million pieces and my vision blurred.

" These blood strains on your shirt ?". I appointed my fingers on his shirt.

" It's Daniel's ". Sean confessed in his low voice and a tear escaped from my eyes. I don't know what happened to but I could never imagine something like this bad happening to Mr. Adams. Nobody would fight for a stranger in the middle of a night especially when the possibility of getting hurt is too high. But he fought for me and was so selfless. That way he gained huge respect from me and if possible I would give all my happiness to him and take all his pain away from him.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

355K 7.5K 26
Jezzabelle Rose, a young 24 year old model, with a dream to make it big in the world. With her highschool sweetheart who is now her fiancé, becoming...
1M 35.6K 48
Second Love previously known as Billionaire's LOVE or OBSESSION Ranked #80 in Romance on [28.09.17] Ranked #88 in Romance on [24.09.17] Ranked #93...
2.2M 89.4K 72
#1 on the billionaire hot list (May 16) Avery Tanner's life is about to change when she saves a young man from his death. She can't stop thinking of...