Falling Up

By neriwriting

Two years after the traumatic events of the past, Jason and his siblings, Riley and Noah are finally getting... More

1. Three o'clock
2. Breathe
3. Late
4. Tattoo
5. Locked Up
6. Coffee Shop
7. Little Lamb
8. Training
9. Same time, same place
10. Date
11. Queer Eye
12. Bingo!
13. Clueless
14. Kidnapped
15. Drive
16. The Party
17. The Game
18. Inebriated
19. Reality
20. Astray
21. Trouble
22. Dissociation
23. Brothers
24. Stay
25. Entangled
26. Talk
27. Warming Up
29. Hallucinating
30. Number
31. Burning
32. Dating
33. Trapped
34. Elevator Talk
35. Freed
36. The Truth
37. Don't Tell
38. The Wisteria Tree
39. Forward
40. The Winding Road
41. Red Sand
42. Surveillance
43. Ramen
44. Hidden
45. Phone call
46. Truck
47. Captured
48. Warehouse
49. Hole in the Wall
50. Time
51. Violence
52. Fight
53. Ambush
54. Cold Blood
55. Enemies
56. No Remorse
57. The Unknown
58. Future
59. Three Months
60. Dead
61. Six Months Later
Authors Note

28. Fight

3.8K 234 65
By neriwriting

"Ladies and gentleman," boomed Liam into a microphone as he stepped into the ring behind Noah and Tyrus. "Today we have a very special match lined up for you all. Two of our best fighters are here to challenge each other in a one-on-one spectacle to find out who the best fighter is here at White Stag."

The crowd boomed with applause, taking Riley by surprise at the sheer enthusiasm of the overcrowded audience. She glanced between Noah and Tyrus as they stood in the centre of the ring with Liam walking around them as he riled up the audience. They were both sporting the same outfit, a simple pair of black shorts, leaving their upper bodies free from the restriction of clothing. There seemed to be no fighting gear on, like Riley would expect. No gloves or padding, just two guys, looking ready for an old-fashioned fight.

The girls in the audience were going wild as they ogled the two men on stage with their perfectly formed bodies on display. She took a quick glance out of the corner of her eye at Jason, who was clearly admiring Tyrus's form with his mouth slightly parted as he fidgeted in his seat.

"Now, you know the rules. No gloves, no shoes, no shirt. No hitting the groin, pulling hair, or gouging eyes. We want a nice clean fight. For the fight to end, the opponent must either tap out or be unconscious. But first," said Liam. "I think we need some opponents to get these fighters warmed up. Who out there is willing to go one-on-one with Noah or Tyrus. To sweeten the deal, if you beat either of them, you'll not only get the pride and privilege of beating our best fighters, you'll also get a year free membership to White Stag. So what do you say? Do I have any volunteers?"

A couple of hands shot up in the audience and Liam picked two men who looked like the strongest out of the volunteers. "You and you, come on down."

The crowd gave way for the two new contenders as they made their way down the stairs and towards the edge of the fighting ring. One man was buff beyond belief, almost an Arnold Schwarzenegger type of figure from back in his glory years. The other was much smaller but still had an extraordinarily trained body. Once in the ring, both of the men took off their shirts, throwing them casually over the edge of the boxing ring.

"Now fighters, who would like to go first?" asked Liam.

"This pansy boy is mine," said the larger, buff man, pointing directly at Noah.

Riley was mortified that Noah would have to go up against someone like that. This guy was bigger than Vincent. She shook her head of the thought as her heartbeat raced and she clutched the side of her armrest, only to come into contact with Kain's hand that was resting casually in the same spot. "Sorry," she mumbled, pulling her hand away from Kain's as her focus went back to Noah.

Noah cocked his head and smiled towards the large man. "You're on."

"Can the other fighters please clear the ring?" said Liam followed the others down the stairs, clearing the field for Noah and the other fighter.

"Three. Two. One." Ding!

A bell signalled the beginning of the fight and Riley subconsciously moved forward to the edge of her seat. Since she was in the front seat, she could overhear the chatter in front of her.

"This will be a piece of cake," said the buff fighter as they both moved around in a casual circle, keeping their distance. "I'm going to pummel you into the ground."

Noah was the first to react. He moved so fast that Riley was sure she missed half of his movements when she blinked and found him directly in front of the other fighter. Noah ducked under the fist that was aiming for his head and manoeuvred straight under the other fighter's arm. At the very last second, Noah's fist collided with his jaw.

The power in the punch made the audience gasp as the bulky fighters head flew back further than she thought was possible. He stumbled, leaving a suitable distance between himself and Noah. The fighter moved foot to foot before he collapsed. The loud slam of his body hitting the floor was all the crowd needed before they jumped from their seats, cheering at the scene in front of them. All it took was one hit from Noah and the guy was unconscious, laying flat on the ground.

She couldn't believe her eyes. The fight was over so fast, but it didn't matter to the audience. They were in awe of what they saw in front of them as Noah stood up straight, clenching and unclenching his fist.

"We have a winner!" shouted Liam through the microphone. "And what a win it was. A straight one punch knockout. Congratulations Noah."

Noah merely let off a slightly geeky grin and stepped off to the side, passing Tyrus on the way. "Good luck," he said to Tyrus as he stood next to the side of the ring.

"Now, time for the next match. We have Tyrus and Derek stepping into the ring."

Riley could feel Jason stiffen beside her. She had never seen him act this way towards another person who wasn't her or Noah before and it made her smile just thinking about how much he clearly adored Tyrus. She was happy that he had finally found someone. If anyone deserved to be happy, it was Jason.

She focused her attention back to the ring just in time to hear the start of the match. "Three. Two. One." Ding!

This time, the fight started off fast. Derek, the smaller fighter, moved in first at lightning speed. Even though he was smaller than the fighter Noah was up against, he was clearly more skilled. He went in for a quick punch to the jaw but at the last moment Tyrus dodged, whipping his head back as quick as a viper.

Tyrus took this opportunity to swipe at Derek's legs, sending him toppling over onto the floor. Derek quickly pushed off with his hands, flipping himself back up in one motion. Derek wasted no time in heading in straight for Tyrus again and threw another punch, which was easily countered.

It looked like Tyrus was merely toying with him. The way he moved around and mostly dodged, hitting small punches here and there. It didn't look like he was putting in any effort at all. Unlike Derek, who was already sweating and struggling to keep up.

But only three minutes into the fight, Tyrus stepped forward, sending the full force of an uppercut straight into Derek's jaw. He was out cold.

The crowd went wild with applause and she heard Jason breathe out a sigh of relief next to her. Kain, on the other hand, merely applauded politely, as if already expecting his brother to win the fight. Tyrus remained on the stage, not even looking slightly out of breath, while a couple of people helped pull the unconscious man off the floor and out of the ring.

"What a fight!" shouted Liam towards the audience. "But now that we have the warm up out of the way with..." He let off a slight chuckle. "... I give you the main event. What you've all come here to see. Tyrus vs Noah!"

The audience screamed in delight as Noah came back on the stage floor and took up his position next to Tyrus.

"Three. Two. One." Ding!

Neither Tyrus nor Noah waited a moment before rushing forward to meet each other. Noah moved first, thrusting his arm fast toward Tyrus's jaw. His fist was so close to hitting, but Tyrus moved back at the last second and Noah's fist simply grazed the bottom of his jaw.

Tyrus countered, lifting his leg to swoop towards Noah's stomach, which Tyrus gracefully missed as Noah stepped back and dodged.

The movements continued, swift and fast from both opponents and Riley could barely keep up as both of them moved gracefully around the boxing ring with an occasional punch or kick making contact, but not enough impact to break off or be winded from the effect.

This fight was a far cry from the warmup of the previous components. The previous fighters seemed like mere beginners in comparison to Noah and Tyrus, although she was sure that they weren't. Tyrus and Noah seemed like an even match as they displayed their best moves, trying to take the other one down and soon enough the strain was seen on both of their faces as they broke apart, desperate to grab a moment of relief.

"Not bad," said Tyrus as he wiped a stray drop of blood from his lip, an earlier hit from Noah landing him straight on the jaw and cutting his lip.

Noah smirked, seemingly enjoying the fight. "How about we take it up a notch?"

Tyrus only raised his eyebrow in curiosity as he smiled, fists back up at the ready. "You're on."

Riley didn't think they could move any faster than they already had, but within seconds she was struggling to catch up with their moves. The fight captivated the audience as Noah and Tyrus moved around the ring, dodging each other's moves as gracefully as dancers. It was a blur of figures on the stage and Riley held her breath, just waiting for one of them to fall.

And fall they did. Hard. As Noah's fist landed on Tyrus's stomach, temporarily winding him before delivering a finishing blow to the side of his face.

Tyrus stumbled back. One step. Two steps. Then collapsed on the floor in exhaustion. Not out cold, but enough to know he didn't have the energy to stand again as he tapped the ground in defeat.

The crowd went wild with cheers and screaming as Liam went up to Noah, grabbing his arm and thrusting it in the air, declaring Noah the winner.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

20.3K 1K 39
Riley Matthews has gone through a lot. From her mother passing away, to her father being an asshole, from her own emotional issues, and to even her b...
1.3M 41.6K 119
Happiness was an unfamiliar word to all the siblings. All the siblings were broken, some broken in more ways. After her step father is arrested, Rile...
48K 873 34
(NOT FULLY EDITED) Madison has dealt with abuse and heart ache her whole life thinking that it was what she deserved. First her parents then her boyf...
183K 4.8K 31
Everyone in life is dealt a hand of cards. The player can't control if they are dealt a good or bad hand but the player can control the outcome if th...