~My Anchor~ Enoch O'Conner x...

Oleh DiaDaisey2

(Slow updates) They were bestfriends, inseparable since they met. Y/n's peculiarity gave her the power to co... Lebih Banyak

Note!!!!!
1."Clear skies..."
2. "Is your peculiarity a strong sense of sarcasm?"
"Is your peculiarity a strong sense of sarcasm?" (pt.2)
3. "Is that Jake?" "No, it's the president."
4. "I mean, he's from Florida, that has to count for something."
5. "...you'll be ringing rain from your clothes for weeks!"
ILL POST TOMORROW
6. "He..hehe...he, No."
8. " I swear you people act like we're in a movie or something."
9."You shouldn't have come back Jake, we'd been better off without you."
10."Bronwyn that was amazing!!.... Don't ever do it again."
11."How do I unlock a power if I don't know what it is."
12."Y/n, I'm not leaving you." "You won't have to."
13. "why does it look like a funeral in here?"
*THE REAL* 13. "Why does it look like a funeral in here?"
Let's talk about it...

7. "...I already watched my mother die, I can't loose anyone else."

2.5K 44 12
Oleh DiaDaisey2

Y/n's POV

{A/n: our ankle is still hurt but we work through the pain 🧍🏾‍♀️}

We all gathered in the garden/greenhouse as Miss Avocet told us the story of how her she got here. Hearing about what happened to those children made me sick. If I ever got my hands on those monster, I'd let out a neverending storm.

Soon enough, Olive returned with Miss Peregrine. Jake and Emma trailing behind.

"Oh, Miss Peregrine. They found my new loop. The children. I tried to save them but... There were so many Hollows. I don't know how I escaped." Miss Avocet says.

Miss Peregrine quickly hugs her for comfort.

"You're safe now." Miss Peregrine informs.

"None of us are safe. They set up the machine in my loop." Miss Avocet says.

"They put it in the cellars at Blackpool Tower. They're still there." Olive says.

"Their machine?" Ask Miss Peregrine.

"The experiment. They intend to do it again." Says Miss Avocet.

"This time, he's using more Ymbrynes." Enoch chimed in.

I can't help but to stare at him from beside me. Not even 10 minutes ago, we were having a conversation where he confessed his feelings for me. Now, we find out our home might be in danger.

"He still wants to be immortal." He finishes.

Miss Peregrine sighs and stands to walk next to Olive.

"Do Hollows only attack peculiars?" Jake asks.

I knew I should have worn my lucky scarf on our walk today 🙄

"Of course not," Miss Peregrine begins, turning around, "They're monsters, Jake. They'll slaughter anything in their path." She says coldly.

"Some sheep on the island were killed," I gasp loudly causing Enoch to give me a questioning look.

"You don't think they're here already, do you?"

"Have you seen anyone with white eyes?" Miss Avocet asks, eagerly.

Jake just shakes his head no.

For some odd reason, this all seems familiar but I just can't put a pin on it.

Miss Peregrine thinks for a moment then finally speaks.

"I'm sorry, children. We can't remain here."

"What?" Me and Enoch both speak at the same time.

I can't leave this place. This is the only place I know as home since my mom died.

"We'll leave on the first ferry off the island tomorrow. Pack anything of importance. Then it's sandwiches and early to bed." She says grabbing the twins from the floor.

"Are we leaving for good?" Hugh asks.

"When are we coming back?" Fiona asks.

I can only imagine how they fill. They've been here practically their whole lives. They'll be loosing THE only home they know.

"Never. If Miss Peregrine isn't here to reset the loop tomorrow night, the house gets bombed." Enoch says as they all leave the garden/greenhouse.

"But our house." Claire whines.

"Don't cry. Miss Peregrine will find you another house, somewhere else." Miss Avocet tries to comfort her as I come to pick her up.

I take her to Emma and they head up stairs.

As everyone heads to pack I stop Jake before he could walk off.

"You can see the Hollows." I say.

"Wha- how did you know?" He says, confused.

"I didn't. That is until you just told me." I smirk at my own guineas behind getting back on track.

"If anything happens to my family, I'm blaming you. Everything was fine until you arrived. I already watched my mother die, I can't loose anyone else." I say pointing a finger at his chest.

He just gulped at slowly pushed my finger away.

I gave him one more stare, then proceeded to run to my room to pack. I packed clothes, some of my my favorite belongings like gifts the children made me, and some of my mother's old belongings. As soon as I felt like I grabbed everything, I took one last glance around the room. My eyes landed on the picture of my mother when she lived here. I grab it and stare at it, a single tear zipped down my cheek.

I quickly wipe my tear away when I hear the floor creek at the doorway.

"Hey, are you alright?" Ask the tall Scottish boy standing there.

"I'm fine... Do you need something?" I ask as i told the picture up and place it in my dress pocket.

"I just wanted to know if you were done packing. I could use some help." He says, never taking his eyes off me.

"Uh, sure. Yeah I'll be right there." As soon as I know he's gone, I close my suitcase and place it outside my door. I then go and help Enoch and everyone else finish. I also notice that Jake is leaving, without saying goodbye. I hope I didn't hurt his feelings earlier... actually I don't care that much. I meant what I said.

*Time skip*

As we all bring our luggages downstairs and finish up packing, I stand next Emma in the hallway as we here the Bell at the front door ring.

Did Jake decide to come back? Is he going to help?

Miss Peregrine goes to open the door as I walk to the bottom of the stairs to see from a distance.

"Miss Peregrine, what a pleasure to meet you at last." Says a strange man.

I gasp as I see Jake being help with a knife-tentacle looking thing. I couldn't see who was holding him but I'm assuming it was the person speaking. I also notice miss Peregrine stiffen up when she opened the door.

"May we come in?" The man says.

Miss Peregrine slowly steps aside for the man to enter the room. I let out another gasp as I finally see who was holding Jake. It was a dark skin man with white ish grey hair and...WHITE EYES! Was he who they were referring to in the greenhouse? Is he a Hollowgast?

"Children!" He calls, " Would you make your way down the stairs please?"

I hadn't even noticed that everyone was standing at the stairs until now.

"I give the orders in this house, Mr.Barron." Miss Peregrine says, stopping everyone in their tracks.

"Not today. You should know that Jake has served his purpose. If you value his life, I suggest everyone does as they're told. Children!" Very bold of Mr.Barron to speak pack to Miss Peregrine like that.

"Shush!" She says. He looks taken back by that.

"No one tells my children what to do!" She says to him then turns around to face us.

"Children, come down here please." I step aside a little so that I'm not in the way. Everyone slowly makes their way down the stairs. I grab Bronwyn's hand as she is the first one down.

"Miss Peregrine, I-" Barron begins, only to be cut off by the Ymbryne herself.

"I thought I told you to be quiet." She told him sternly.

"Children, for Jake's safety, we're going to do what Mr. Barron asks. He wishes to take me with him to his rendezvous in Blackpool. So, for his protection, he'd like me to assume bird form, preferably caged. And he's like you to make your way into a lockable room such as the parlor. As he won't release Jake if he fears an attack could be mounted upon him once he loses his leverage. Correct, Mr. Barron?" She completes, now facing him.

"You're sacrificing yourself and all of us... for Jake?" Enoch asks.

"I know this is a little out of character but I'm with Enoch on this one. Isn't he the one who lead him hear?" I say, earning a few shocked stares and a tug on the arm from Bronwyn.

"Mr.Barron travels with a Hollow, Enoch. Once it arrives here, were all dead." Miss Peregrine informs.

As much as I hate this, she's right. Wait! Could Barron be the one to lead a Hollow to my mother?

Bronwyn let's go of my hand as they all walk to the parlor. I hesitate for a moment when I here Barron say.

"Long time, no see, Y/n. How's your mother doing?"

My eyes start to water. But, they aren't the only thing watering. A thunder cloud soon rises above my head. I quickly make my way into the parlor so I don't do something I'll regret. I don't care what it takes. I will make sure I am the one to kill that man.

Emma and the twins give Miss Peregrine one last hug as Enoch comes and stand next to me. He's the only one to start next to me, not caring about getting his clothes wet.

"Y/n, you have to calm down, your thundering." He whispers.

"Enoch, I think...I think Barron killed my mother." I say, holding back tears.

"What?"

"Miss Peregrine said that Barron travels with Hollows. I know I never told any of you this but my mother was attacked and killed by a hollow. You don't just find one of those roaming in the middle of the city."

"What are you saying."

"Exactly what I just said, I think Barron lead a Hollow to my Mother."

"I'm sorry-" He begins but is cut off when pis Peregrine sobs a the door.

"It's been my privilege, to care for you all. Good bye my children. " She says as she then closes and locks the door.

I can't help but to let a tear slide down my face but quickly wiping it a way. I then feel a arm wrap around me and rubbing my arm for comfort. Slowly but surely, my thundercloud turns into a drizzle. Enoch's arm is now soaked but he doesn't care as he stays in his spot.

A moment past, then Jake is forcefully pushed into the parlor by Barron. Before leaving, Barron waves goodbye with a teasing, sharp tooth smile. Halfway out the door he quickly turns around and yells 'Boo!' cause us all to jump and gasp. He laughs and finally leaves.

My drizzle has gone away as my fear turns into anger. I remove Enoch's arm and look out the window.

"It's getting dark!" I say.

"You won't even be able to see their shadows." Jake says, hoping on the same track of mind.

"We have to stay inside, it's the only place we'll stand a chance." He's right.

Not for me though, I killed one Hollow without even being prepared. I can do it again.

"He's quite right. Now where does Miss Peregrine keep her weapons?" Miss Avocet says.

"In there." Enoch says pointing to the next room. As him Emma and Jake all head to get the weapons, I head the same way but to a secret hiding spot for my bow and arrows.

The only person I told about how my mother truly died was Miss Peregrine, since then she has been secretly letting me practice shooting just in case something happens.

I grab them and quickly run back to the parlor with the rest.

Emma, Enoch, and Jake come back in the room as Bronwyn pushes the last couch in front of the door. We all stand on the far side of the room as they pass out weapons and I load my bow.

"Wait, where did you get that?" Emma asks, looking at the bow in my hands.

"Oh you know... around." I wink at her.

"Now, children. Now that you are all here, there's a few rules,"

Do we really have time for this?

"Your primary job is to stay safe. Leave the Hollow to me. I don't want to see any heroics."

I'm most definitely breaking all of these rules.

"Now, those of you with garden tools... I insist that you..." Before Miss Avocet could finish, she was pulled through the door, cause her to drop the crossbow she held. Jake ran for it. As he was on the floor, he pointed the bow at the eyes floating in the air.

I begin to have flashes of my mother, lying eyeless.on the floor. I refuse to let that happen again.

I raise my bow and draw and arrow back, aiming at the same place Jake is.

As we all are looking at the door for some kind of shadow or movement, Jake is frantically backing away on the floor. I slightly lower my bow, unaware of where to shoot it. I quickly raise it again as the door way is broken bigger and bigger.

Without hesitation, I shoot where the movement came from and I guess I hit something because I here the Hollow stumble back. I know it wasn't a fatal shot as I see my arrow being pulled out and tossed to the side.

As Jake gets up from the floor and steps back towards the rest of us, Enoch steps in front of us all.

"No Enoch, get back!" Jake yells.

Suddenly, Enoch is being elevated and swung around in the air.

"ENOCH!!" I yell, loading my bow once again.

All we can see are shadows of large tentacles. As I get ready to shoot, the Hollow swings Enoch into the Window and then into the mirror, throwing off my shot. Enoch is frolicking trying to get down. In any other circumstance, this might be funny.

"Go. Get to the attic!" Jake yells at the rest of us.

Bronwyn pushes the doors open and they begin ushering even out. I stay with Jake, now still raised.

"You too, Y/n! You can't fight with a sprained ankle!"Jake yells at me.

"Watch me! I'm not leaving without Enoch! I've killed a Hollow before, I won't hesitate to do it again!" I reply.

As Enoch begins to float stilly in one spot, his eyes wide open, Me and Jake both fire at the same spot. Bother hitting the Hollow, knocking it back and causing it to drop Enoch.

Me and Olive both rush to help Enoch up, wich resulted in a second of very awkward eye contact. I quickly let go of Enoch and usher them out of the room.

"Go, get to the attic, NOW!" I yell as I'm the last to leave the room.

Me and Jake turn around to see the Hollow rip the doors off of there hinges. Instinctively, I raise my bow and wait for Jake to yell-

"Now!" I take that as my cue and fire my arrow. It, once again knocks it back but only stalling it long enough to get me and Jake up the stairs.

Jake lets me Infront of him as we run up the stairs. Once we're all in, he locks the door to the attic. (As if the Hollow is going to knock 🙄)

"Alright uh...Crap! It's almost reset." Jake says as he rushes to the window.

Fiona, is there anything you can do with that tree?" Fiona says yes as she runs to the same window.

Too be continued ...

A/n: I'm feeling really inspired rn and if I wait to write, I'll forget so you guys don't have to wait a week 😌

QOTD: Did you guys come from my comment on TikTok?

Love you guys! The next chapter will be more Enoch x Y/n😉

Lanjutkan Membaca

Kamu Akan Menyukai Ini

8.3K 183 13
"𝖨'𝗆 𝖾𝗏𝖾𝗋𝗒𝗍𝗁𝗂𝗇𝗀 π—’π—ˆπ—Ž'𝗏𝖾 π–Ίπ—…π—π–Ίπ—’π—Œ 𝗐𝖺𝗇𝗍𝖾𝖽 π—π—ˆ 𝖻𝖾." Y/N was your average quiet kid. Never talked much, shy, all that sort o...
326K 8K 23
she's stubborn. she hates being touched and she doesn't like many people. her hair is nearly as black as the heart she wants the world to think she...
17K 198 34
Y/N just arrived at Ms. Peregrine's home for peculiar children. Enoch isn't very open to the idea of new peculiars. He'll change his mind after Y/N r...
66.2K 1.1K 7
"I can never let my mind be its self, for it is the worst place I could ever be, They try and get into my head, and they have succeeded" ___________...