Don't Leave

By disgruntled_twig

I've given up on the covers at this point. Might change it later, idk. OKAY SO THIS ONE WAS SOMETHING I WANTE... More

Don't Leave

378 24 10
By disgruntled_twig

'Wait, hold on. Who's Hanamura?'

Akechi shifted a bit, pulling a strand of hair from his cheek.

"Hanamura's the detective. He's a psychic, and right now they're trying to figure out what they did to the letter. Do you remember the letter?"

Saiki squeezed him tighter.

"I'm going to take that as a 'no,'" he said, smiling. "The letter was written in the style of a suicide note, but they're trying to figure out what's wrong with it. All the signs point to murder, but the note is breaking the trend. But apparently, there's a lyrical style that Yakumizara would write in that the letter tripped up on. There's speculation that Ami was..."

As much as Saiki enjoyed the sound of his voice, most of his words were going in one ear and coming out the other. Akechi was lying on top of him, on his bed, in his room. For the first ten minutes or so, his head had been resting on his chest, but as soon as he got riled up about the plot of the movie, he had been facing forward to look directly at Saiki, to lecture him about the movie he was sure he wouldn't remember the plot of anyways.

He didn't think he'd mind it so much, considering he'd let Akechi pick the movie.

As if it was really about the movie.

"And when they were saying- What is that...?"

Well, he noticed fast.

'You were hot. I cooled you down.'

"Oh. Did you hear my thoughts, then? I think I thought about it a few times... Oh, well. Either way, thank you, Kusuo-kun!

Akechi forgot about the movie plot for the sake of watching it, and Saiki thanked his lucky stars because now he was cool and cuddled up, wrapping his arms around his neck and giving him the perfect opportunity to run his fingers through his hair. He felt his weight shift towards him and his breathing slow.

And finally, he's quiet.

********************

Twelve minutes passed.

Their movie-watching had gone uninterrupted for the most part (though they definitely didn't count small pecks on the cheek and quiet sighs as interruptions in the slightest) until the temperature change became more overwhelming than originally anticipated.

Akechi began to move around more, clinging on tighter and scooching closer than he had been a few moments ago.

Is he tired of sitting like this? He's not going to get up, is he?

The thought certainly did not appeal to Saiki.

Meanwhile, Akechi was plotting.

There's a blanket about four centimeters from where my foot is, and I probably could grab it somehow without shifting around too much. Of course, there's always the possibility that I'll merely push it away, making all my current efforts for naught.

He slowly and carefully wiggled his foot, attempting (and failing) to even graze at the blanket he'd pulled off earlier.

Oh, and I have socks on. That's inconvenient... and if I move too much, I'll disturb Kusuo-kun...

The edge of his sock made a nearly imperceptible flip-flap sound when the elastic moved as he poked it with his other foot.

Maybe if I take off my sock, I can pull it up...

Akechi continued to struggle silently as Saiki internally scoffed.

Hmm... I can fix this too, actually.

The blanket swiftly pulled up from the edge of the bed, draping over the both of them and tucking into the sides.

"Kusuo-"

'If you were cold, you could've told me.'

Akechi opened his mouth to protest, before quickly shutting it and letting out a soft chuckle. He sighed and dug himself deeper into the crook of Saiki's neck.

********************

"Kusuo-kun?"

Well, that was a nice and quiet twenty minutes of movie.

Akechi lifted his head up to face Saiki.

"Would you mind terribly if I were to go downstairs and get some water? And is there anything you'd like from the kitchen? I wouldn't mind getting you something. Perhaps a snack or a drink? We've been here for a while, and it's perfectly understandable if you're hungry or thirsty," he said, beginning to move. "After all, we haven't eaten much since our school lunch, and while I don't necessarily feel the need to eat a full meal, I am rather thirsty. Are you thirsty, because I could-"

'Hold on.'

Saiki outstretched a hand off the bed.

...

"Um, what are-"

'I said hold on.'

Akechi waited, rather impatiently as supposedly nothing happened.

Or at least, that was what he thought until he heard soft clattering from downstairs, along with running water.

"Wait, are you-"

The door clicked open.

'There. Hurry up and drink it so I can put it back.'

Saiki now held a fresh glass of water (he made a note to keep it in between room temperature and cold water, the recently learned optimal water temperature), offering it to Akechi, without ever looking away from the screen.

Akechi sighed and stifled a frustrated chuckle.

"Thank you, Kusuo-kun..." he said, taking a sip.

How hard was he planning on making this...?

********************

Lying on someone was bound to be uncomfortable for them, right?

Akechi had been trying to come to that same conclusion for a few minutes. He figured if he could justify some change by making the other seem to be the victim, or the one ultimately benefiting from his decision then it'd be much easier for his heart to handle the inevitable disappointment when he did.

He's already squandered my previous attempts to get up, and while this isn't especially uncomfortable, I'm frankly getting a bit tired and, dare I think it, bored by laying like this for so long. Wait, perhaps it's not the best decision to think about this sort of thing while he might be listening. Kusuo-kun? Hello? Can you hear me?

Saiki shifted slightly but had no significant reaction.

Alright, I suppose I'm in the clear. Though, I'm not entirely sure how much of my schemes he's heard. Ah, well, "schemes" make it sound much more sinister than I intended. It certainly is a good thing he's not paying attention. Of course, I could tell him outright, but such cold honesty... I know it has more of an effect on him than he lets on, so maybe-

Saiki moved his hand up Akechi's back, startling him.

Did he hear-

Then he pressed a gentle kiss to the top of his head and began to rub small circles on his back.

Oh... Oh no...

Akechi sighed and smiled.

I can't get up now...

********************

The tragic irony of it hurt him, truly.

This was not the best possible situation to be in, especially with the nice little gift he'd gotten only a few minutes prior, but alas, these sorts of things were painfully uncontrollable.

Just when I'd finally decided to stay, too... Why must he insist on playing with my heart this way?

Akechi shifted.

'Alright, what is it now...?'

"Huh...?"

'Do you need something? You're getting all fidgety again.'

His tsundere level of concern would have normally flattered Akechi, but now, it was only making it harder for him.

"Ah, not exactly, I-"

'Don't tell me you're hot again.'

"Ahaha, no, that-that's not it, I..."

Saiki turned to look at Akechi.

'Spit it out.'

Whatever little thing it is, I can fix it.

Akechi winced and lifted himself up.

"I need to use the bathroom, Kusuo-kun."

...

Oh. I can't fix that.

Saiki reluctantly moved his hands to let him get up.

Akechi hastily shuffled out of the room, looking back with a nearly pained expression.

Oh, what a horrible way to end it... I hope I didn't upset him.

Akechi stretched.

Thank the heavens.

********************

Saiki sat up and paused the movie, scooting the blanket to the side.

Wait...

After some careful consideration, he lay back down in the exact same position as a minute ago.

Unfortunately for Akechi, he was more patient than one might think.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

149K 5.5K 44
It's been six years, and illegal amplifying drugs were said to be sold at a certain bar. Arlo, goes undercover to investigate, but he wasn't expectin...
Always, Omi By Aj

Fanfiction

39.2K 1.5K 12
This story is written by @Auroramyths on achive of our own (AO3) Cover is also made by me
11.5K 273 22
In this story, Randy Cunningham is in 10th grade and he's immortal and the Ninja Prince, but he doesn't have any memory of being the Ninja Prince.
3M 139K 41
โ•ฐโ”ˆโžค ๐’Œ๐’–๐’”๐’–๐’ ๐’™ ๐’“๐’†๐’‚๐’…๐’†๐’“ โ›“ โ แต—แตƒแตแต‰ แตสธ สฐแตƒโฟแตˆหข โฟแต’สท, สธแต’แต˜ แตƒสณแต‰ แต—สฐแต‰ แถœแตƒแต˜หขแต‰ แต’แถ  แตสธ แต‰แต˜แต–สฐแต’สณโฑแตƒ โž โ‡ in which a sleep-deprived girl finds her own self accident...