The Billionaire's Wife (SAMPL...

By MJ_Cristine

Clarise Abegail is the only daughter of the Reyes's and one of the wealthiest family in the Philippines. She... More

AUTHOR'S NOTE
PROLOGUE
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty One
Chapter Twenty Two
Chapter Twenty Three
Chapter Twenty Four
Chapter Twenty Five
Chapter Twenty Six
Chapter Twenty Seven
Chapter Twenty Eight
Chapter Twenty Nine
Chapter Thirty
!! PLEASE READ !!
!! PROMOTIONAL NOTE !!

Chapter Thirteen

27.5K 643 14
By MJ_Cristine

The entire week was filled with tension because of Ivan's skittish attitude. One slightest mistake like being late then you are expected to get fired even Ryan has to follow because him and Ivan had a belief that if you want people to respect you, then you need to start to yourself. It was never an issue to them or their friendship even at work they act professional and friends outside.

"Cousin!" A guy knocked to Ivan's door in his office.

"Kenneth!! Come in!!" Ivan greets him with same excitement.

"Long-time no see!! How are you?" Kenneth walked inside.

Kenneth Moore, is an FBI Agent based in USA is on holiday in the Philippines. He is his cousin from his mother's side who is a yearly younger than Ivan. Her Parents are both living in Califonia eversince his mom Luciana married an Us Navy. His mom is Lucy's sister who is three years older and currently managing a Filipino restaurant in Illinois together with Kenneth's sister.

"Yes it is. I'm doing great and you? How's your job and the gang?" Ivan gestured Kenneth to sit.

"It's okay a little hectic but paying good so I can't complain. With the 'rents and Aubrey they have been really busy these days with the restaurant." Kenneth gets comfortable on the chair.

"Glad to hear the business is doing there, please do send my regards to them." Ivan makes a cup of coffee for them

"I will, so what do you need my service for?" Kenneth knew he was called with a purpose.

"I have a job for you and you're the only one I can trust on this." Ivan offered him some coffee since it's was Kenneth addiction.

"Who am I going to investigate? Is it the new guy that Leila's dating?" Kenneth Kenneth took the steaming mug.

"No it's not about Leila's new guy or stalker it's someone I'm sure you knew." Ivan chuckled while shaking his head.

"No idea to be honest." Kenneth truthfully said.

"It's Nathalie." Ivan was fast to tell him.

"Nathalie, as in your girlfriend? I thought you're going to propose when you get back from your business trip what happened then?" Kenneth was the first one to know his plan before he approached his brother.

"We broke up six months ago so I hired new one." Ivan takes a seat across him.

"Wait--- what did Nathalie do that made you investigate on her?" Kenneth talks as he takes his mug.

"She got my old man and my Company in jeaopardy." Ivan leaned on the couch for a minute.

"Uncle and the bank?" Kenneth repeated with confusion on his face.

"Yes, Nathalie got involved in a car accident in New York with him and to top it off there is a Php 10 Million that was stolen in my account by faking Pa's signature." Ivan started to explain the details.

"When did this happen I mean the accident?" Kenneth placed the mug on the table.

"A year ago it was on the news in New York when they took their flight back here. According to my old man he had a few drinks that night but enough to know what's happening. I want you to personally handle the case, is it okay with you?" Ivan trusted that his cousin can do it since he was one of the best in his field.

"Of course, so what you want me to do?" Kenneth replied in all seriousness.

"I want you to get more facts about the accident; if there is any witness or survivor anything that can help us traced them." Ivan detailed to him gradually.

"On it, so tell me about this Php 10 Million and how did Nathalie get in to this?" Kenneth listens responsively while analysing every detail.

"We think Nathalie was behind the Php10M since she has access to my emails and some personal details. I want you to locate her and tell me every smallest detail that can link or hold her enough on this car accident and the money. We need strong evidences cousin and it has to be done immediately." Ivan is now full of determination.

"I will do my best to get the bottom of this." Kenneth nodded in agreement since he also wants to clean his Uncle's name.

"I will send you the cheque for your first payment. Wait, what would you prefer cash or transfer?" Ivan grabs his pen and the check book.

"We're talking about your business and Uncle's involvement in the case so money will not be an issue." Kenneth declined.

"No, it's a job and I insist I'm also older than you so you better listen. Cousin or not I'm paying including all your expenses also take one trusted buddy with you to speed up the case." Ivan speaks with full authority.

"You are really indestructible cousin you haven't changed! You're very slick not only to woman and doing negotiations but even with your family that's why they called you ruthless billionaire and Mr Mind Stealer." Kenneth keeps smiling and shaking his head at the same time.

"I don't know if you're insulting or complimenting me but thanks. Now choose bank details, cheque or I'll give your job to others." Ivan smirked victoriously.

"Bank details." Kenneth quickly reacts.

"Good, now write it down including the names of the people you are going to work with you." Ivan hands him a paper and pen.

"I still need to report this on my Department but I'll email you later the names of my buddies." Kenneth looks up and Ivan nods in agreement.

"When you do think you can leave so I can book your flight and the hotel accommodation?" Ivan furrowed his brows.

"Three days from now." Kenneth gave him his target date.

"Okay then, thanks man." Ivan patted his shoulder.

"For all its worth I'm glad your proposal didn't go through that bitch doesn't deserve you." Kenneth proved his best point.

"I really felt guilty for hating my old man." Ivan admitted as he sat down waiting for Kenneth to finish writing his account number.

"At least now you're getting along with your old man better and you're single again hahaha!" Kenneth couldn't help buy laughed.

"I'm actually getting married in a month by arranged courtesy of them." Ivan broke the news.

"Your life is full of surprises as always cousin." Kenneth teased.

"I know and since you're here tell Tito and Tita to come on my Engagement Party on Saturday seven in the evening well if they can fly on short notice." Ivan invited him in advance.

"I will let them know about it! Now I better get going so I can prepare, it's nice catching up with you again!" Kenneth stood up.

"Same here! Take care!" Ivan ushered him to the door and Kenneth gave him a wave.

After Kenneth left Ivan went back on his desk and sent all the details on Kenneth's email that he needed for the investigation. Moment later Ryan walks in with a folder in his hand.

"Hey man, do you have a minute? I need you to sign this for the advertising in two weeks." Ryan peeped by the doorway.

"Sure. Come in. By the way man, thanks for taking me home last week." Ivan didn't forget it since he didn't saw him coming in last Friday.

"It's nothing but next time you whine like that I'm going to put plaster on your mouth." Ryan joked at him.

"Me? Whining?" Ivan rejects the idea.

"Yeah you have been prattling about Abegail being the only woman who slapped you. Wait... was it Kenneth I saw at the elevator earlier?" Ryan inquired.

"Yeah I kind of asked him to come since I have some investigation that needs his expertise." Ivan opened up to his friend.

"Investigation?" Ryan furrowed his brows.

"Sit and I'll tell you everything." Ivan began to narrate everything to his friend.

"Wait, let me get this clear, your Dad only gave them Php 30M so where did the

Php 10M goes?"Ryan responds after a while.

"It was still missing and I already studied the bank statement including the inventory from last year to find proof but I couldn't. The only lead we have is Nathalie since Pa thought she was behind the forged signature so I had Kenneth investigated her. I can't file the Forge case against her if we don't have enough evidence yet." Ivan updated him.

"I could kill that whore right now good thing you ended things with her." Ryan couldn't help but balled his fist.

"You're not alone on that thought." Ivan totally agrees.

"So what's your plan with your fiance now?" Ryan tapped the desk one of his habit and decided to change the way of their conversation.

"I don't know yet but according to Ma, she wanted to call off the wedding last week when she set an appointment with her. Maybe Ma was able to convince her not to since you know how Ma is she can get what she wants always." Ivan sighed.

"No wonder she would do that, you are in deep shit man I doubt if Abegail will talk to you after what happened. She's a feisty one and doesn't give a fuck about you." Ryan seems to scare Ivan with his words but either way Ivan is screwed.

"State the obvious bro." Ivan went over to the contract while Ryan's word adds up on his guilt.

"You really need to come up with something you know." Ryan observed his friend.

"Maybe giving her flowers and chocolates will get her forgiveness." Ivan actually thought of it.

"I thought I'll never see this coming but bro, you are WHIPPED ha!" Ryan laughed and Ivan turned his head at him.

"No way bro I'm just guilty. I AM NOT WHIPPED." Ivan securely defended his actions.

"Are you trying to convince me or yourself?" Ryan smirked at him.

"Just because you didn't get anything from your beloved Izzie you're pestering me with your nonsense talk." Ivan gave him the folder with scowl face.

"I'm leaving I don't want to experience your PMS!" Ryan chuckled and rushed to the door.

"Work! You Asshole!" Ivan hit him with the stress ball his been holding in laughing manner.

After making sure he was left alone in the office Ivan made a phone call to the flower shop and decided to get the same bouquet. He knew his best friend will use it against him so he decided to have it pick up by Leo to avoid Ryan from seeing it. He thanked Leo and called his Ma for a quick favour that Lucy immediately granted since it will benefit her son and her soon daughter-in-law. Ivan went home after seven and had a fast shower and dinner. He planned to see her and prepared himself to the woman he owed forgiveness praying that Abegail is now calm.

As for Abegail it's been three days since she talked to Mrs. Mortiz told her that her husband agreed on her conditions. She hasn't heard from Ivan and she wished not to but it would be impossible since their Engagement is dreading to happen. She also got the call from the car company notifying her that her car is ready to be picked up. She drove her red 2016 Honda HR-V that made her parents protested, they tried to convince her to get a new model but she refused. She just bought a second hand and for her it's more appropriate because she doesn't want the media to know about her real identity. As soon as the car was released, she called Rolly and he taught Abegail the routes they talked about. She went to the auto shop to buy the essentials for the car such as tool box, road kit, car repair and maintenance like spare tires and tire sealer and inflater. The most important one is her emergency kit that she needed for her job being an ON-CALL Doctor.

The same day she had to pass by the party decoration shop for Aurora's upcoming birthday and Abegail planned it two days before. She bought all the decorations she needed, a customized cake while her Mom and Jena including Lucy helps her with the food preparations. After a very eventful and exhausting day, she retired to bed with no thought of the passed few days that has happened.

Now she is currently at home cutting some potatoes when her phone started ringing.

"Hi Sissy! How are you?" Abegail accepted the call after wiping her hands.

"I'm okay just missing you did I disturb you?" Gwen reacts with a hesitant tone.

"Not really I was just making some food for tomorrow since I'm going to Aurora." Abegail lean on the counter.

"Ah okay how's sweetcheeks doing?" Gwen background is a bit clouded.

"She's doing well I'm really happy and she can speak a little of our language now." Abegail grins while telling her.

"Really?" Her friend voice is with happiness.

"Yeah but for now she can only pronounce and remember are Lolo, Lola, Nanay, Tatay and she get used in using our expression Po at Opo when talking to elders." Abegail proudly updated her friend.

"For now yes but later on she can speak fluently." Gwen is also smiling Abegail can bet on it.

"I know it's so cute because of her accent." Abegail placed the food inside the oven.

"I can imagine how cute she sounded it's her birthday tomorrow right?" Gwen remembered.

"Yup and we're preparing a little surprise for her too bad you and Lola are not here." Abegail suddenly tuned out.

"I know but at least we can use your phone or to the laptop to see the celebration it's like we are there but not physically. I hope I'm not sounding stupid right now." Gwen wrinkled on that thought that made Abegail thinks the same.

"Nah think I got it sissy so how is Lola?" Abegail really knew what exactly she meant.

"She's been doing great but you are right she's really addicted to that game." Gwen opinion made Abegail beamed.

"Before you know it she will hassle you about lives. Wait--- did you install the game too?" Abegail wants to confirm her hunch.

"I had too since I don't want to get humiliated again the next time she shouted help. Imagined my dilemma while she keeps chatting about Candy crush! Damn that game!" Gwen curse and Abegail can tell her friend is now rolling her eyes.

"I told you." Abegail added and set the oven timer.

"The funny thing is when she did that I thought there's a neighbour who needed medical help or something happened to her. I got panic then Lola was laughing her ass off claiming I'm a Doctor saving lives and smart in terms of medicine but totally an idiot in technology. Can you imagine that?" Gwen complained with a huffed.

"Ha ha ha! I had the same experienced if I think about it she literally insulted us but I find it funny instead." Abegail couldn't hold her laughter.

"I know right I was laughing too when I heard it but in honesty the game is addictive to play with." Gwen professed while biting her lip.

"What?! Plase don't tell me I need to give you life too?" Abegail dropped the knife she was holding. Thank god it didn't get to her toes.

"Can you please?" Gwen suddenly pleads her.

"Ah now I know the purpose of your call." Abegail teased her.

"It's not I really called because I missed you." Gwen counteracts.

"Missed you to sissy, so how was the wedding preparation with your dad and Felicity?" Abegail asked her as well.

"It was okay they will be getting married next week so I need to go back." Gwen gives a longing sigh.

"Go back where? Aren't they getting married there in Arizona or they changed the venue?" Abegail got confused.

"Oh yeah right, I meant I have to go back to their house." Gwen corrected while biting her tongue.

"Ah okay, by the way thank you for the recommendation that you forwarded from the hospital's Administration." Abegail opens a new topic.

"So did you start working at the hospital where Aurora is now?" Gwen mood was uplifted.

"Yup I started two days ago after I got the recommendation there. How about you how's your job?" Abegail began tidying her kitchen.

"Same as usual I'm back doing my duties. Oh by the way I already sent the new batches of medicines for the kids at the Orphanage you told me about." Gwen did her friend's favour to her.

"Thanks sissy I really owe you a lot." Abegail took a towel and dried her hands.

"That's nothing you know I do like kids and orphans too. So back to you, what happened to your date?" Gwen just had to remind her that day.

"Well you can count him in to our list of people to be butchered by the wildest tiger in Africa." Abegail snorted.

"What!? Why?! What did he do?" Gwen frenzied causing Julia jolts on her seat. "He thought that I was flirting with the waiter that he claims eye-raping me because of what I was wearing." Abegail sat on her dining table waiting for the oven timer to stop.

"Maybe the waiter is really intrusive and Ivan was protecting you." Gwen tried to analyse it.

"Not only that! He also threatened the owner that he will close the business for good because he was insulted by his apparently son who happens to be our waiter who is doing his training." Abegail rolled her eyes.

"Maybe your fiance won't really do it." Gwen contradicts her.

"Why are you taking his side?" Abegail got upset.

"I'm just trying to analyse what you're saying." Gwen rationalized.

"Whatever." Abegail checked the potato.

"I could feel there's more because your ears are still blowing off." Gwen read her too well.

"Yes, the worst part is he basically called me a whore because I got Aurora without a father in the picture and he thought I was paid by his parents! Well technically I was sold to agree on this marriage but still that guy is a total JACKASS!" Abegail yelled through annoyance.

"Then it's only right we have him butchered and let his giblets be fed by the crocodile." Gwen rooted on her best friend's idea.

"See the gall of that DOUCHE!" Abegail continued while Gwen was really amaze and grinning about her friend's swearing.

"Did he apologize?" Gwen mouthed Julia "later" since she heard every word.

"No and I will not accept whatever bullshit excuse he has." Abegail hell bent on her decision.

"So what's your plan about the wedding then?" Gwen added up.

"Well since I didn't have choice I proposed a deal to his parents about my condition." Abegail somehow relaxes after throwing a fit.

"And what is it?" Gwen inquired.

"Sissy someone's at my door it could be Mom I'll send you a copy of it later. I gotta go." Abegail had to cut off their chat because she heard knocking twice.

"Sure! Miss you! Bye." Gwen ended the line.

Abegail stood up on her chair and didn't even dare to check herself before opening the door. As soon as it opens her smile dropped ten feet off the ground and her eyes are blazing like fare.

"What the hell are you doing here?!" She folded her arms that made her visitor intimidated.

Ivan was sweating and full of anticipation while reaching Abegail's floor. He prayed that Abegail is now ready to listen on his apology. Upon reaching the door he took a deep sigh and knocked twice since he heard her voice from the inside. The moment Abegail open her door he was once again in awe. Abegail is wearing her tank top and boy shorts with her hair in a messy bun.

"Hi! Can we uhm--- talk?" Ivan swallowed hard both from her hotness and her aggressive greetings.

"How did you know I live on this floor? Oh let me guess, you threatened the front desk using your connection again." Abegail wants Ivan to feel terrified.

"I just called one of my parents." Ivan lowered his head.

"Leave before I call on the security." Abegail saw the fresh bouquet on his hand.

"I know you don't want to see me right now but anyway I'm here to apologize for my behaviour last week and these are for you." Ivan gave the same flowers she got from the dinner.

Abegail stands still but accepted it while Ivan began walking away with saggy shoulders. That's the only time Abegail saw Ivan seems beaten up gone with his arrogant and rude attitude that she had an argument few days ago. One of his hand is in his pocket while the other is about to press the down button. Abegail knew she was being rude but he deserves it for treating her that way but she had to give him a chance for having the guts to show up. Abegail swallowed her pride and ran after him just before Ivan stepped inside the elevator.

"Ivan wait!" Abegail stopped him by a mere inch.

"Just throw the flowers or burn it if you don't want it I'll get going." Ivan responds with a heavy heart.

"I actually wanted to thank you for the flowers and since you're already here let's --- talk?" Abegail stammered a little.

"If that's okay and I'm not bothering you." Ivan touched the base of his neck.

"Not at all come on I have something in the oven and I can't leave it." Abegail gestured her head.

"Sure." Ivan nodded and smiled genuinely.

Abegail walked a little ahead of Ivan and Ivan couldn't help but check out Abegail's behind. Ivan mentally scolded himself for being affected too much with his soon to be wife clothes; simple yet sexy clothes.

"Have a sit. Can I offer you anything?" Abegail started when they reached inside her place.

"Just water please." Ivan's simply requested.

"Okay, I'll be right back. Feel at home." Abegail turned around and head to the kitchen.

Abegail almost scream on her appearance when she accidentally passed by on her full length mirror. She realized her horrible hair is like a bird's nest and her short clothes are very much inviting on any man's eyes. She is actually surprised that Ivan managed not to check her out. Abegail fixed her hair and let her clothes go since it was already late to do that. She went to her drawer and grab the laptop were her conditions are written. After that she went back to the kitchen and gets the ice cold water for her visitor.

"Here." Abegail hand the drink to Ivan.

"Thanks. You have a nice place." Ivan took the glass.

"Thanks so what do you want to talk?" Abegail settled in front of her guest.

She placed a cushion pillow on her flawless legs that surely sets Ivan self control into haywire. He almost wanted to reach for her and ravish her. OH God! Ivan's Adam's apple bobbled up but he has to remain focus before gaining another slap from the woman that he needs to apologize for.

"Abegail I admit I was really way out of line for insulting you. I am really sorry." Ivan started his apology speech that he mentally practiced over and over.

"I will be frank with you Ivan I don't want your apology but I know it will not be good for us to fight or hurdle over the incident so I'm giving you a fair chance to make it right." Abegail looked him directly in the eye.

"Thank you Abegail. I also want to tell you that I already know what motivates you to agree on this arrangement." Ivan added with contentment.

"Since you already knew everything I want this marriage as business deal between us too. Here, read it." Abegail showed her the draft she made on her laptop.

"What is this?" Ivan stared at the screen.

"It's a written contract that I drafted you might as well read it first before I print them out and tell me if you have questions or if you want to amend it." Abegail leaned forward that shows a little bit of her full chest on the shirt she was wearing.

Ivan couldn't focus since Abegail is such a temptress and his forbidden department for weeks now is being demanding. Ivan switched his gaze in rapid motion before he even loose his control and get it on with his alluring fiancée.

#1. Simple wedding.

#2 No Media that will get involved around me unless it requires my presence like special events or family occasions.

"I can agree with the simple wedding but the Media I don't think it's even possible. Most of the times I'm in Entertainment news but I can guarantee you that you won't have to face them if you really don't like it." Ivan read the two clauses.

"I guess I can live with that." Abegail leaned on her couch and let Ivan finish.

"Since it's still your wedding I might as well tell me your dream wedding and where do you want the venue to be?" Ivan tried to forget his lustful ideas on Abegail.

"It doesn't matter this is not real so I couldn't care less if it's in Timbuktu or any remote island." Abegail dismissed that long-time dream.

#3 Both parties will have separate rooms and will not intervene to each other's personal life.

"This contract is actually implying that we are allowed to do anything even dating." Ivan wanted to make sure he got the words right.

"Yes if you think I'll stop you from doing that I won't Ivan actually both of us can date just make sure that no one knows or we will be discrete. You should be happy about that because I considered your feelings while making that contract." Abegail doesn't realize that she is sitting very close to Ivan now.

While reading Ivan was flabbergasted by the conditions that are most likely what he wanted eversince he found out about the deal. Right now the table is somehow turned especially on the clauses. The thought of Abegail is with some asshole makes Ivan somehow possessive over her. Abegail is just for her and his to her so affairs or dating someone is definitely doesn't make Ivan happy or even to celebrate his freedom.

"Abegail I'm not that type of person that will not honour the vow even this is just a sham wedding and also it might cause controversy. I'm pretty sure you don't want that type of dramas since you're a private person." Ivan wanted to make sure it's not going to happen.

"So what do you suggest?" Abegail raised her eyebrow.

"It's best if we stay out of the affair thing just to be on the safe side make it as number 4." Ivan put his input.

"Fine." Abegail took the laptop and typed away while Ivan is intently watching her.

#4. NO marital affairs.

#5. No sexual activities will be involved ONLY small kisses are allowed when in public or needed.

"Do you really expect that small kisses will convince the public how madly in love we are? I really don't think this one will satisfy them." Ivan hopes Abegail will agree.

Ivan actually wants to be near her after what happened at the restaurant. He wants to show her as his wife so that no other men are allowed to gawk at her.

"I don't want to think that you are just taking this as your advantage to do anything with me because that will never happen." Abegail faced him this time.

"No I am just trying to get the logic on this and please you are not my type." Ivan gets back on her.

"You're not my type either!" Abegail somehow felt hurt about his declaration.

"Another thing my mother is expecting to have heir aside from me settling down at this age, didn't she tell you about it?" Ivan opened a taboo topic for him without him knowing that's how Abegail felt too.

"She didn't besides I already have a daughter she's enough for me and I'm not ready to have a kid yet." Abegail is tense but masked it nicely.

"I don't want kids either but she is dead set in having a grandchild." Ivan can tell Abegail is also not comfortable but they had to talk it over.

"Then you can start finding a surrogate mother who is willing to do it." Abegail talks with irritation.

"You really think I can find that easily?" Ivan placed a hand on his chin.

"According the media women worshipped the path that you're walking so I'm sure that won't be a problem." Abegail mocked him.

"Do you really think you can convince my mother regarding this? I am warning you she is a very persuasive person." Ivan sat and watches the woman in front of her in amazement getting rile up.

"I'll think of something that will make her agree." Abegail is so close in pulling her hair because Ivan seems to be interested in getting her pregnant.

"What if she doesn't?" Ivan countered.

"For God sake! We will cross the bridge when we get there. Read the next clause please." Abegail stood up and went back sitting across him.

#6. There will be no conjugal property. The properties acquired prior to the marriage are not to be considered as marital shares. The only thing that will be acquired is the debt being paid. Nothing follows.

"I guess I don't need to draw PreNup since you already stated here that you don't want any alimony from me once we decided to have separate ways." Ivan was shocked that Abegail manages to make this clause that he was thinking to get done before.

"The debt is already enough I don't need it and besides I'm earning on my own unless you have an issue about me working." Abegail gave her view.

"Of course you can you're not a prisoner on this marriage Abegail." Ivan for sure doesn't want her to feel that way.

"Sure feels like it. We are marrying for the wrong reasons and without love isn't that enough to be called a prisoner?" Abegail resist to belief.

"Point taken." Ivan nodded.

"Read the last clause please." Abegail pointed with her head and Ivan raed out loud.

#7. Annulment after a year.

"A year? I don't think this is possible Abegail." Ivan immediately opposed the clause.

"Why is that?" Abegail crossed her arm on her chest.

"Because my mother is a believer of ---" Ivan was cut short.

"Sacred matrimony she told me about it but you have nothing to fuss about she agreed on this." Abegail finished of his sentence.

"She agreed?" Ivan almost couldn't accept what he just heard.

"You heard it; she agreed why do you act as if it's a big deal?" Abegail studied him for a moment.

"My mother is the toughest woman to be convinced even my father takes long time to do it." Ivan gave insights about his mother.

"I guess my persuasion works on your Mom." Abegail sounded confident.

"If you managed to get her agreed on these conditions then we have nothing to worry about." Ivan is now intrigued more than ever.

"Is the clause settled or you still want to add some more?" Abegail stood up and Ivan watched her.

Abegail mentally groaned since she knew her short will ise up a little since she will be bending to connect the laptop on the nearby printer. Ivan kept controlling himself from grabbing Abegail he couldn't decipher why he felt that way. He is just convinced it's his needs to be with a woman that bad and Abegail is the closes woman he encounters for last couple of weeks.

"I will meet up with my Lawyer to make this a formal agreement if you want." Ivan spoke first seeing Abegail is still busy on the document.

"That's sound like a great idea." Abegail agreed totally.

"By the way do you know what time and where our Engagement party is on Saturday?" Ivan waited for the document to be printed.

"My Mom did don't worry I won't ditched you." Abegail loaded the paper on the printing device.

"We need a ring before it happens." Ivan made an important suggestion.

"I almost forgot that well I'm size 5 any ring will do it could be made from brass it doesn't matter. It's up to you but I hate big stones and extravagant it's a show off ring anyways." Abegail just gave her finger and ring specs.

This woman is definitely something else Ivan thought, she doesn't care any luxury things, not even a ring that has been a woman's best friend. Ivan seems to be fascinated with her every time she opens that smart mouth of his that he wants to taste.

"Noted." Ivan nods but had other idea on his mind about the ring.

"Anything else you want to discuss with regards to the contract?" Abegail questioned.

"No, I think this is good to go." Ivan shook his head.

"Good at least we can be civil this time." Abegail talked domestically this time.

"Of course, anyway I'll get going now thanks for your time and the water." Ivan stood up.

"Sure and thanks for dropping by." Abegail copied his action.

"Goodnight Abegail." Ivan took the document with her.

"Goodnight Ivan." Abegail guides him to the door.

"Dream of me." Ivan playfully winked.

"Not a chance!" Abegail snorted in response.

"Oh it is always a chance to be with me in your dreams." Ivan smirked.

"Here I am thinking you're back in being nice then you acted like a jerk again." Abegail shakes her head.

"So you really think I'm nice." Ivan moved closer to her.

"I changed my mind now go!" Abegail stepped to the other side but Ivan blocked her.

"Kiss me first." Ivan couldn't help but say it.

"Do you want another slap?" Abegail dared him as she crossed her arms.

"I better get going before you start turning into hulk again." Ivan chuckled.

"You---" Abegail was cut off instantly.

"Bye!" Ivan boldly pecked the corner of her mouth.

He left with a grin plastered on his face whereas Abegail remains frozen on her spot and just moved when she heard the oven pinged. She rushed towards her kitchen and takes the roast chicken out. As soon as she finished her dinner and shower Abegail gets ready for bed with the only thought of the early kiss.

============================================================================================

Please don't forget to follow, leave a comment or votes in every Chapter :)

Thank you so much!!

••••• MJ Cristine

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

230K 9.3K 38
"Quick, kiss me." I choked on my baguette as I looked up at my boss, his intense grey eyes burning into me as my jaw fell open with a mouthful of cho...
333K 11.3K 33
||COMPLETED|| ||STAND ALONE BOOK|| ||NO SEQUEL|| - • Highest Rank : #37 in Romance on 21.05.2017. - "I want divorce." She said looking directly into...
4.8M 154K 52
what would you have done if you had a fight with the CEO of the company you work in and threw a bottle of 7 up on his face purposely outside a supe...
795K 23.8K 36
Katelyn Victoria Darcy, daughter of the late Viscount of Montgomery, whose privilege life has a drastic, changed when her father died. His death reve...